logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.snowboots-buying.com
The seller didn’t provide any information – I think it’s scam
2. (0 mins ago)

fraud

Cambridgeshire, England
United Kingdom
Respected Sir/Madam,

At first i must apologize, i just wanted to report my predicament and my extreme harassment and since i could not find any other contact details i used your email, please do not mind. all i need is some help and guidance. My problem may seem trivial to your expertises and guidance counseling, but i could really use some help.

My name is Rajiv Ganguly and i have been a victim of Western Union money transfer fraud. I am providing you with all the relevant details. I have recently moved from Dublin to Cambridge to join a new job. I had previously been a student at Trinity College in Dublin. As you understand Sir/Madam, one of the most pressing concerns in this matter is finding a suitable accommodation. In this context i had placed an advertisement on Cambridge Gumtree site. A few private landlord got in touch with me and said that they had got requisite property and would be happy to let it out. they just told me that i had to make the a dummy transfer amongst myself, that is the receiver as well as the sender will be me while operating the Western Union and he and his lawyer can get it verified.In this context, once when i arrived in Cambridge, i foolishly did it, and i have been duped of 950 pounds. if you wish, i can give you their details. after doing the transfer, i gave the MTCN number to my landlord and his lawyer. they got back to me with confirmation that they had verified it. when i went to take out the money, from the same sending outlet, the address of which i mentioned above, they told me the money had already been picked up. The agency got in touch with their Western union contact and asked me to fill out a form, and faxed it. the number to which i faxed it is as follows: 00390267626605. they had faxed all the relevant documents to this number, including the transaction details, questionnaire and my proof of identity.

I tried to withdraw money from another outlet so as to confirm that i had actually lost my money.

please help me to get my money back. I will co-operate any way you want. i can provide you with details of the landlord and his lawyer. please help me to get a refund of the money. It is a chunk of my savings from my student days, and now i am in deep financial trouble. Please help me to get refund of money from you, and to provide the details of the transaction as required by police for their investigation and i beg you to please help me in getting a refund of the amount of £950.

in this context, i should mention

the fake landlord got back to me today saying that my money was fine and had been placed on hold by his lawyer for 24 hours and after that money will be gone. i fail to understand how he can do that, when the sender and receiver in both case is me.i am attaching a copy of the entire transcript of the gmail chat i had with him for your reference.

I look forward for your help guidance in obtaining my money. please help me.

i look forward to your help

I eagerly look forward to your reply.

thanking you,
Rajiv Ganguly

Comments United Kingdom Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Oct, 2008 by   Normal Person 0 Votes
Jesus man, are you slow or something? How the hell did you get a job if you fell for a stupid western union transfer? I've a good mind to report you to your employers for retardedness, they really should know what an imbecile they've employed? People like you should be taken out an beaten with reeds and never allowed to leave your care facility

dumbass
 7th of Oct, 2008 by   Jack Hoff 0 Votes
Dear Rajiv

I'm an off-duty private detective and have been following your case closely. This is a matter very close to my heart as I've also been a victim of such a scam. From what you've described, I believe we've been duped by the same person. Together I feel we can bring this scoundrel to justice.

I will need your cooperation, though. Firstly, could you please post the transcript of your gmail chat with the "Landlord"? It was very clever of you to keep a record of this important communication with the perpetrator. Are you by any chance a detective? I'll need to see the chat log before I proceed with my investigation.

Kind Regards

Detective Hoff
 7th of Oct, 2008 by   Normal Person 0 Votes
Dear Detective Hoff

Thank you very much for your concern in this very pressing matter. I hope your investigation is successful and that you catch the crook. However, I won't be pursuing the matter any further. I will explain the reason forthwith. Shortly after my post the landlord and his lawyer got back to me again. They said that the were finished verifying the transaction and were ready to return my money. The only problem was they could only pay me with a check valued at £6500 and expected me to transfer the difference upon cashing it. I was slightly suspicious at first but these suspicions were put to rest when the cheque arrived in the post. I promptly cashed the cheque and then waited for it to clear. The following day (by which time the bank had assured me the cheque had cleared), I transferred the difference to the landlord and his lawyer via Western Union. However, the day after that, the bank informed me that the cheque was fake and that the additional money in my account had been removed. I fail to see how this could happen as the cheque had already cleared. I contacted the landlord and his lawyer again so that they could post a new cheque but I haven't heard back from them since.

After this ordeal, I would like to forget about the matter entirely. I wish you the best of luck in your efforts to see that justice is done but wish to have no further involvement.

Thanking you,

Rajiv Ganguly
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   David 0 Votes
Google > 419 scams
A Nigerian fake cheque scam followed a loophole in Western Union transfers .

The initial trust was via a site called Gumtree and so it will continue if Western Union continues to operate an open to fraud policy .Warning their clients not to show a transfer receipt would have stopped fraud, but it is interesting who actually was de-fraded here .
If Western Union released payment to someone with fake documents then surly it is Western Union who was de-frauded and not the person sending the money .
I agree with the question asked "how can a transfer to myself be collected by someone else and yet I am de-frauded"
I have had dealings with Western Unions archaic denials regarding who is responsible and how they are covered by data protection when asked for information regarding where and when money was collected. This farce is backed up by non co-operation with their clients after fraud has been committed and they operate in a climate of a free for all regarding internet scammers the world over . Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7726146.stm
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   alexia d. 0 Votes
Hey i actually just have a question. I recently have been applying for jobs and there gave away my info on certain job sites for that purpose. Now just today i received two letter each of them had a cheque for 2.000. now in the letter it says that these cheques have been send to me for a survey purpose. Its telling me that i’m supposed to go to western union and deposit the cheque then fill out a survey sheet, letting them know about the service at western union. I would like to know if any of you would know how they got all of my info. My address name and all of that .
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   TRIVINNA 0 Votes
I SENT $1K TO MY PARTNER VIA WESTERN UNION ON 1ST SEPT VIA SAFEWAY HINTON AB.
WE NEEDED TO PROVE FUNDS TO HOLD AN APARTMENT FOR RENT IN VANCOUVER FOR MAX WOSLEY.
I ENSURED A SECURITY QUESTION THAT NO - ONE COULD BUT MYSELF & THE RECEIVER / MY PARTNER COULD KNOW.
MAX WORSLEY REQUIRED CONFIRMATION OF FUNDS - - WE SENT A "COPY OF ORIGINAL RECEIPT VIA EMAIL" TO HIM 2ND SEPT.
3RD SEPT - THE MONEY HAD BEEN PICKED UP ...? BY WHO - MY PARTNER IS WITH ME IN ALBERTA...
WESTERN UNION CLAIMS THAT HE PROVIDED I.D AND THE PASSWORD - HOW COULD THIS BE, ...?

WE ARE FROM AUSTRALIA - HOW WOULD THIS PERSON GET I.D & THE PASSWORD...?
ITS OBVIOUS SOMEONE WITHIN WESTERN UNION PROVIDED THESE DETAILS TO THE FRADULENT PARTY.

WHRERS OUR $1000 - THANKS CANADA!
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   wuv2009101 0 Votes
WE HAVE TO UNITE, GET OUR MONEY BACK . wuv2009101@hotmail.com for western union victims united
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   patricia cardona 0 Votes
yes ok i have a complain, many of people from nigeria is asking for money to the people from USA and they say sended for westerunion why and they no pay taxes.and westerunion need to do something if you dont do something we need to contact whit the president for westerunion. hire is the name of people ask for money francis bhook .and his picture.
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   patricia cardona 0 Votes
westerunion is the easy via to get money to nigeria, the people from ther ask to the people in the web send money to help them to via westerunion why? and they dont pay taxes ok, i want to lestknow many names in the web doing fraude and the via money is westerunion. names francis bhook, rober c cagent. and why they need to do something if no we going to contatc to the president for wester union or we going to telling the people don't sende more money from westerunion. hire is his photos from the fraude people

4th of Jan, 2010 by   patricia cardona 0 Votes
this is robert him ask from money to the poor people send via westerunion too.

18th of Jan, 2010 by   OWENS007 0 Votes
I SENT A WESTERN UNION MONEY WIRE AND THE ANOTHER PARTY NEVER RECIEVED THE MONEY. I HAVE CALLED WESTERN UNION SEVERAL TIMES ONLY TO BE GIVEN THE RUN AROUND. I EVEN TRIED TO CANCEL THE THE MONEY TRANSFER SO I COULD GET MY MONEY BACK . THEY TOLD ME IT WAS CANCELLED THEN I CALLED BACK A DAY OR SO LATER AND I WAS TOLD IT WAS NOT CANCELLED AND COULD NOT BE CANCELLED. I CALLED AND E-MAILED AND HAVE NOT TALKED TO ANYONE WHO IS AMERICAN AND CAN SPEAKE NGLISH CLEARLY. DONT USE WESTERN UNION, YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF SENDING A MONEY ORDER EXPRESS MAIL. THIS COMPANY RIPPED ME OFF FOR $120.00. DON'T USE WESTERN UNION THIS IS A SCAM OPERATED COMPANY. I DON'T SEE HOW THEY HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO OPERATE FOR THIS LONG. PLEASES SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN. I AM GOING TO REPORT THIS SCAM TO THE PRESIDENT AND BBB AND WHOMEVER ELSE WILL LISTEN. THEY WILL NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   charu verma 0 Votes
exactly same thing happened with me rajiv... and i feel like worl's biggest fool.

though i sent the money on my sister's name, but gave that AH the MTCN, and he still picks up the phone and says how can he withdraw the money if its not on his name
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   missee2010 0 Votes
western union agents themselves took the money! i just lost $1, 000 trusting this company. not even a day later the money was picked up even before i arrived to my vacation destination. the money was put in my name and i never told anyone any information of my purchase. guess what? the agent said, sorry, we can't help you. the money is picked up. western union fraud department said the same thing, it was a legit transaction, no further information is available at the moment. they said you must call you local police. NEVER NEVER USE WESTERN UNION.. THE COMPANY IS A SCAMMER!
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   unknown 0 Votes
i use western union at times...on the 6th of october 2010...i am sitting here and i see a email that said my transfer is complete for $400 and so i log onto western union and see someone sent $400 to the uk to a fake name and so it cost $442.00...i cancel the transaction and had to cancel my bank card...the problem is of course its someone that works in western union and had access to my account...they will return the $400 but not the $42.00???? all i am guilty of is waking up this morning...
 2nd of Aug, 2012 by   Newton Yorkk 0 Votes
WARNING FOR Linked In FRAUD

THESE PEOPLE (BRAZILIAN AND BRITISH) ARE DOING FRAUD IN THE UK, FOOLING PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF MAJOR CORPORATIONS SUCH AS PETROBRAS AND EBX (faking Mr. Eike Batista's identity through Linked In, CEO of EBX).

These are part of communication including dynamics, names and addresses. Please, take note and if possible bust them in jail.

1) FAKED Eike Batista (FIXING THE APPOINTMENT AT PETROBRAS CONFERENCE) Eu já integralmente revistas de sua proposta de negócio. Estou interessado em participar, mas eu exigiria uma reunião com você. Meu tempo só está disponível seria na Assembleia Petrobras próxima Exclusivo. Entre em contato com meu assistente, Roberto Costa de ter a sua participação no evento Petrobras dispostos com os organizadores da reunião Petrobras como eu sou consciente de que a reunião é estritamente por convite.
Saúde
---
Eike Batista
CEO, EBX Group

2) FAKED Roberto Costa ( DIRECTING TO PETROBRAS CONFERENCE REGISTRATION)
O evento Petrobras é de 13 - 15 de agosto de 2012. entre em contato com os organizadores sobre events@petrobras-sa.org para ficar registrado e me avise quando você é registado para que eu possa confirmar a sua reunião com o Sr. Batista na conferência.
---
Roberto Costa
Executive Adviser to the Chairman
EBX Group

3) Faked Petrobras (GIVING INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT FEES AND EVENT) - A Petrobras SA Conferência é um encontro exclusivo de indivíduos superiores no global de energia e setor de Petróleo. A Petrobras Conferência 2012 vem em Londres, Reino Unido a partir do 13-15 agosto de 2012 na prestigiada Grosvenor House, JW Marriot Hotels. O evento é uma vitrine anual e fórum de discussão que é estritamente por convite. Oradores do evento deste ano incluem Sr. Eike Batista, CEO do Grupo EBX e Peter Voser, CEO da Shell. Estamos lhe enviando este e-mail porque recebemos o seu pedido de convite para a reunião exclusiva.Seu pedido foi atendido. Para se inscrever no evento, por favor baixar e preencher o formulário de inscrição em anexo neste e-mail e retornar via e-mail em ou antes de 20 de julho de 2012.Conferência A taxa de inscrição com alojamento $ 2400 USD.Taxa de Inscrição na Conferência com apoio alojamento e viagens (assistência visto e pagamento de bilhetes de avião de retorno) $ 4000 USD Anais da conferência será disponibilizado a todos os participantes devidamente inscritos. Atenciosamente, Alberto Santiago Comissão Organizadora, Petrobras 2012 Conferência

4) Faked Petrobras - (MAKING A DISCOUNT ON EVENT FEE - TAKE NOTE OF NAME AND ADDRESS)...você pode pagar para o registo só que é 1700 dólares USD Somente sem alojamento.O pagamento deverá ser feito usando transferência de dinheiro Western Union para O secretário da Conferência, Juliana Gomez, utilizando os detalhes do receptor seguintes;
Juliana Gomez Petrobras 2012 secretário Internacional
17 Castleton Avenue, Wembley, Middlesex,
London, HA9 7QH, United Kingdom.
Ocidental deslizamento Transaction União devem ser enviados para a Comissão de Registro Petrobras 2012 através do email: register@petrobras-sa.org sinceramente Alberto Santiago

5) Faked Linked In - On 07/20/12 6:15 AM, Eike Batista wrote: (INSISTING IN REGISTRATION PETROBRAS)
Recebi seu e-mail e eu estarei cuidando de sua acomodação e tarifa de transporte, mas não há nada que eu possa fazer a sua inscrição no evento Petrobras. Estou ciente de que você é obrigada a se registrar com os organizadores da Petrobras. Se você está realmente empenhada em satisfazer-me, então você está se registrar com os organizadores da conferência da Petrobras para que possamos encontrar lá depois do meu discurso.

6) Faked EBX Legal Office - (GIVING THE FEE FOR REGISTRATION OF LOI PROPOSALS) Para ter sua proposta e LOI processado com EBX, gentilmente fazer o pagamento de suas taxas de processamento Legal. O pagamento das taxas de processamento legais para todos os nossos potenciais parceiros deve ser feita utilizando transferência de dinheiro Western Union com o Escritório Internacional EBX Legal utilizando os seguintes detalhes:
Nome: Santos Silva
Endereço: EBX Escritório Internacional Legal
17 Avenue Castleton
HA9 7QH, Wembley, United Kingdom
A taxa de processamento é de USD $ 1700 (Um mil, setecentos dólares americanos)
Por favor note que boleto deverá ser enviado para nós por e-mail para confirmação do seu pagamento e também para iniciar o processamento da sua LOI com EBX. Note também que o pagamento de sua Taxa de Processamento Legal é reembolsável pendente êxito de suas negociações com o Grupo EBX. Atenciosamente Departamento Jurídico Grupo EBX

7) Faked EBX Legal Office (PROVIDING INFO ABOUT THE LOI PROCESS)
O processo legal demora cerca de 48 horas. Vamos ter a sua proposta oficialmente registrado e arquivado com os registros do grupo EBX e processar um LOI pendente seus acordos finais com o Sr. Eike Batista. Você deve também ser agendada um encontro com o Sr. Eike Batista para acordos finais para ocorrer após o processo.
Em segundo lugar, por favor, note que nós preferimos o pagamento através da Western Union Money Transfer, pois é rápido, seguro e conveniente. Recebemos todas as Taxas de Processamento Legal direta através da Western Union Money Transfer. Por favor, siga a instrução foi referido anteriormente sobre como fazer o pagamento.
Atenciosamente
Departamento Jurídico
Grupo EBX

8) Faked EBX Legal Office: (SKEPTICISM: INSISTED AND REQUESTED, BANK INFO PROVIDED)
Por favor, veja abaixo as informações bancárias como uma alternativa para pagamento de sua Taxa de Processamento Legal através de Transferência Bancária.
Informações da Conta:
nome do banco HSBC BANK UK.
Endereço do banco. 38 High Street, Dartfoard, Kent, DA1 1DG, United Kingdom.
nome da conta John Coker.
Código de classificação - 401904.
Número da conta - 41848372.
IBAN - GB13MIDL40190441848372.
BIC - MIDLGB2128K.
Você são aconselhados a nos enviar uma cópia do seu boleto de pagamento através de transferência bancária para a confirmação do pagamento.
cumprimentos
John Coker
Consultor jurídico,
Departamento Jurídico
Grupo EBX

9) Faked EBX Legal Office (REQUESTED THE LEGAL NAME OF EBX LEGAL OFFICE ADDITIONALLY TO POINTING OUT THAT THE BANK ACCOUNT SHOULD BE IN THE NAME OF EBX ONLY AND NOT A PRIVATE ACCOUNT)
Por favor note que nós demos-lhe o protocolo Standrad para o pagamento de suas taxas de processamento legais com o Departamento Jurídico EBX. Nós já demos a vocês dois métodos alternativos de pagamento de sua taxa de processamento. Nós normalmente receber os pagamentos via Transferência ocidental dinheiro da União para o nosso Escritório Internacional e do escrivão, Silva Santos, mas como solicitado por você, eu também forneceu um meio alternativo de pagamento através de transferência bancária.
Sr. Eike Batista e da EBX Departamento Jurídico realiza pedidos de investimento e propostas de negócios de potenciais parceiros de uma forma profissional, tal como previsto pelos protocolos do Sr. Eike Batista si mesmo. Se você deseja ter o Sr. Batista manter o seu interesse em sua proposta, é aconselhável que respeitado o determinado protocolo.
Providenciamos uma informação da conta bancária de pagamento, que não é o nosso método padrão de recebimento de pagamentos. Costumamos receber todos os pagamentos internacionais de Processamento legal através de transferência ocidental nião dinheiro.
Além disso, afirmei anteriormente que o nosso Gabinete Jurídico Internacional é:
Endereço: EBX Escritório Internacional Legal
17 Avenue Castleton
HA9 7QH, Wembley, Reino Unido
O Grupo EBX não serão atraídos para quaisquer outros pedidos não solicitados regardiing o processo à medida que cumprir rigorosamente o protocolo padrão
Atenciosamente,