logo

mytrafficvalue.com
Can't withdraw money
2. (34 mins ago)
MetLife Disability Insurance
Defrauded by disability MetLife insurer!
3. (44 mins ago)
Aclepsa
Scam!
4. (52 mins ago)
thefountainlongevity.com
Nurse only promises and sends nothing
5. (59 mins ago)
Housing Loan
How AmBank Milk The Customer

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

West Coast Metal Buildings INC., Salem, Oregon Complaints & Reviews - Poor quality construction

West Coast Metal Buildings INC. Contacts & Informations

West Coast Metal Buildings INC.

Posted:    hudybird

Poor quality construction

West Coast Metal Buildings INC.
5073 Dallas Hwy.
Salem, Oregon
Phone: 503-566-7788
westcoastmetalbuildingsinc.com
Do not do business with West Coast Metal Buildings INC. They do not stand behind their product. They show you pictures of 15 men standing on top of their carports to prove how strong they are . They aren't strong. The first little bit of snow comes and they come tumbling down...on top of your cars no less. We had West Coast Metal Buildings build 5 carports on our ranch to house our trucks and equipment in 2007 at a cost of $12, 000.
(These are the carports you see everywhere in Oregon with signs on them stating they are $895-1195 depending on what you want included) We told them we got occasional snow and wanted to make sure it would handle it. We changed the metal roof from horizontal to vertical so it would be more apt to shed snow. Additional braces were to be added to the barns. When the installers came out, one barn had braces on all trusses but the rest of them had anywhere from 4 to 6 braces. The installers were anxious to finish the job that day so they wouldn't have to return the next day. They worked into the night. They told our son that the carports didn't need all of the braces that they had brought with them and they would just leave them there for us to install if we wanted to. This winter we received about 3 inches of snow on the roof, our 2 trucks were parked underneath, there were no winds. My son had just been out to his truck and came back inside. He looked out later and the carport had totally collasped and was laying on top of his 2 trucks. (My son could have been crushed if he had been under the carport when it came down. ) We called the company the next day and were told the carports were not warranted for ANY amount of time other than warranted not to rust for 20 years. I told them the carport was obviously put together faulty, otherwise, why are the other 4 still standing? Customer service said they would relay the message to the manager, but they didn't intend to do anything about our carport or damage done to the 2 trucks.
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2009 by   Rose 0 Votes
Had these folks actually purchased a builiding designed to carry a snow load then it would not of collapsed. Only one of the four buildings collapsed. I wonder if it was under trees or next to another building that dropped snow on to it. I have a building from this company and it is wonderful. No problems! My paperwork clearly explained which type of building I was getting and that only one style offered a wind/snow rating.

A Very Happy Customer
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   someonewhoknows 0 Votes
Many customers have experienced the same misfortune and have had to deal with a substantial loss.
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   capor 0 Votes
As a past dealer for this company, as well as a company out of Idaho, I can attest to the concerns about snow load ratings and the lack of warrantable engineering from these companies. After selling these units for over a year and trying to get a statement of live load ratings and wind ratings for ANY of their structures, I pressed these people hard and was consequently canceled as a dealer.

A very concerned reseller
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   Ashlee Lee 0 Votes
Look at your contract before you sign it. You only get an Engineered building if you buy it. Once you order an engineered building they send out your drawings right away. A basic Farm Style vs Certified ... Two different things. Don't be dumb!!!
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   Not backing the buildings 0 Votes
I agree with you i sold buildings for them and know from experience that tehy do not tell you the full truth about their employees green card status and not all employees have ss#'s and the continue use in the office and warehouse of drugs is always a standard. Be VERY careful when dealing with these people! Ask for drug tests if possible before letting them onto your property. The continuos coverups of screw ups by the crews and lateness..they always had us say..."yes sir they are 4 hours late due to truck broke down..or flat tire" DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IT IS A LIE!!! I ended up leaving because i didnt feel this was a safe place to work and felt bad lieing to 70 year old customers who just wanted an awning for their RV. Also the certified buildings " yeah you can buy a 12x21 14 gauge building for 795.00...this does not incluse sides ends OR will not be a certified building until you pay for your cert fee which is anywhere from 375.00 to 1175.00 which is wierd when all tehy due is walk into a file and pull out a copy of specs and copy them and mail it to you...they dont even order them! Just thought i would let you know
 15th of Jun, 2011 by   BW Felon 0 Votes
Don't believe everything you read, carma always comes back when humpty dumpty falls...
 20th of Jul, 2011 by   adurant 0 Votes
I have been a dealer for seven years and I have never had a carport damaged by snow or wind! But as an experienced dealer I always ask my customer how much snow they get, there are some places I will not build a building unless they purchase a certified one. You can't win as a business man, you try to help the customer and then they accuse you of trying to get the price up on them. If the customer wants the cheapest I will sell it to them, why not, someone else will. But be sure I inform everyone of the pros and cons, life is too short to have drama.
If you are looking at purchasing a metal building look me up, I will put everything in writing and be up-front.
Fred Durant
All Steel NW
360-277-0200
866-866-7878
 3rd of Oct, 2012 by   QWEN12 0 Votes
DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE! THEY ARE LIARS AND CHEATERS! THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL AT ALL! THEY HIRE MEXICANS THAT DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH AND DO NOT GIVE YO ALL THWE PARTS YOU PAID FOR!!!
BUY ELSEWHERE... NOT WORTH THE HASSLE!!!
 4th of Oct, 2012 by   adurant 0 Votes
If you did not get all your parts for some strange reason, they will fix it. All those guys on the crew have been with West Coast for 6 to 11 years, they are professionals and yes some do not speak English well. Again that's why you need to choose a good dealer. I will make sure your order is itemized and you understand what your getting and that way there is no confusion.

Fred Durant
All Steel NW
360-277-0200
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   the birds 0 Votes
My husband and I were dealers for West Coast Metal Building for 5 years. We allowed them to park one of their carports on our property and several of our customers bought from them. We were never paid one dime of commission and our thanks was this. We leased our feed store out to a Con Man (we found this out 2 months later) and when we had to evict him for non payment West Coast Metal Buildings allowed this guy to remove the carport from our property in addition to all the other stuff he helped himself to. The Con Man had told them we lost our property and our business was closed. They never bothered to call us the land owners with whom they had a contract with to verify any of this. Now an empty spot sits in our parking lot and within 2 hours we had 7 different phone calls and when we explained what happened ...well let's just say this kind of business practice does sit well with people. We live in an Agricultural area of hard working farmers, ranchers and common folk and word travels fast. Let's just say in 30 days when we reopen our store we will look for a reputable company to fill that empty spot in our parking lot so my phone can stop ringing about it. I am a true believer in Karma, they will get theirs when this guys sticks them for the cost of that carport.. p.s. West Coast Metal Bldg. don't bother writing your cya response after my post because you did not care to hear my side before this therefore I could care less what you have to say now and it is apparent by all your comments you cant handle criticism too well.
 1st of May, 2013 by   Billy Benson 0 Votes
They are liars and cheats. When they installed my carport on a concrete pad they told me that they would drill 4" deep holes in the concrete to install anchors. They arrived on a date that I did not approve. Well they ended up busting a hole in my water line which was 28 inches below the surface. The installer told my wife, then plugged the hole that had water coming out of it with an anchor and left, not even offering to turn the water line off for my wife and leaving us waterless on a Friday evening of a three day holiday. They claimed it wasn't their fault since they had no drill bits that were that long. Then they also claimed they were not responsible since they are not responsible for underground utilities . So which is it, your installers don't carry 3' bits or they are responsible if they hit a utility? They refused to come out and see the damage and called me a liar. Their crew had previously called me a liar when they arrived with 6' legs instead of the 7' legs I ordered. When I showed them my paperwork they said I altered it. They called the dealership I purchased the carport through and they told them I HAD ordered so they had to make another date to install, which ended up a day when I was not home and that I had not discussed with them. Their customer service is nill, they care not one bit about the customer and ignored any complaint. I ended up having to have my concrete pad cut into and have a contractor fix my water line 28" below the pad on Labor Day Saturday, doubling the cost of the carport installed. They are jerks, liars, and cheats. Do not buy from them!
 21st of Oct, 2013 by   ohana6 0 Votes
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM WEST COAST METAL BUILDINGS...I called to inquire about a carport to store my travel trailer under on my commercial property. My husband went to city hall in our little town and they said we needed engineering papers before they would consider a permit. Off to the place in West Salem to get the papers, well guess what, $375.00. Just for copies of specs for a carport. Then they sent them to the wrong address. When we got them we went to city hall and had to come home and draw a sketch of where it was to be located. With that being done, took all the paperwork back to city hall. Permit ~ denied. Because we had a shop on our commercial property which West Coast knew about. They refused to refund the $375.00. According to the city planner a licensed contractor will (should) know what they are doing and obtain the permits themselves. Everyone is laughing (not funny laughing) at the outrageous price for "engineering" papers for a small carport. They have no idea how to run a business dealing with permits. We've hired many different contractors and never had to go try to get a permit ourselves. Also they DO NOT return phone calls, you have to keep calling back. Sad lesson for a retired couple on a fixed income.
 21st of Oct, 2013 by   ohana6 0 Votes
 28th of Nov, 2013 by   Michael E. Moore 0 Votes
On September 27 I purchased a building from them. My contact was Maria. From that point until I cancelled the order there was silence from them on the delivery date.
Maria informed me to expect a 4-6 week delivery.
On November 1st I called to see if a date could be scheduled and left a message.
On November 2nd, a Saturday, I wrote an email since I did not get a call back from Maria. That email went unanswered...
I then called the following week and left a message with the person who answered the phone. No call back. I then called several times and left messages with no call back.
I finally spoke to Ashlee and advised that if I did not get a call the following day I would cancel the order. Again no one called.
The following week I called and asked to speak to the Manager. I had the person take my setails and was advised I would be called in an hour. That didn't happen so I called back after 2.5 hours and spoke to the Manager and cancelled the order.
Literally the worst customer service I had had to deal with.

Another Duct Cleaning Scam