logo

Werner Enterprises

Posted:    eddiethething

Just a bad company

Werner Enterprises
I got hired on as a driver and because I had previous experience I only had to do 70 driving hours with a trainer instead of the normal 300. My trainer was a really nice guy, he taught me how to back better than I already knew how, he taught me tips to reading a map I did not know about, and was an all around good guy. I got the 400 a week just like they said I would.

Then I got my own truck and was told I was on the south regional account. This would mean I would run TX, LA, AR, OK, NM and CO. The very first phone call I had with my dispatcher he told me I would be on the South regional pay account (the longer the trip the less per mile u would make) but due to lack of freight I would be running all 48. Running the whole country meant I would have mostly longer runs. I only made 24 cents a mile on 99 percent of my runs. I would run for 12 days and be home for 48 hours. 48 hours is technically two days but think about it, that means I get home at noon on Friday and leave at noon on Sunday at any other job that means I got Saturday off, but for werner and any other otr truck company that was two days. With that schedule after taxes I would make about 300 dollars a week and end up spending about 100 for food every week.

On my way from Dallas TX to Conway AR I got my tractor stuck in the mud, and my trailer was blocking the road for about 45 mins before I got towed out which took about 3 mins once he got there. Because my trailer blocked the road a police officer gave me a ticket that was called careless and prohibited driving. When I came back from my next home time I tried to get out of the terminal to pick up my first load and they told me I had to go back in and see saftey before I left. They then told me I was fired because of my ticket (I was told one ticket was not enough to get you fired by my trainer and by the person who lead orientation and by my recruiter) I asked why. They said because the ticket was called careless driving. I said so you think its like wreckless driving? They told me it was just like wreckless driving. I called the courthouse and put them on speakerphone this is how the conversation went. ME: Hi I got a ticket down there a couple weeks ago its called careless and prohibited driving is that anything like wreckless driving? COURT LADY: Oh no, wreckless driving is a misdamenor, careless and prohibited is just a traffic ticket, they usually give those if they see someone squeal there tires taking off from a red light or something like that. ME: thank you very much maam. (hang up) The saftey manager then tells me that it doesnt matter it still sounds too close to wreckless driving and Im still fired. All this before I was ever even convicted of the ticket. Being fired was the best thing that could ever happen to me. I got a local truck driving job and am making over twice as much money and Im home every day.

So in conclusion. Werner Sucks
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Nov, 2013 by   James Sitkin 0 Votes
A former driver for Werner Enterprises has retained my law firm (Law Offices of James M. Sitkin) and the Oakland, CA law firm of Goldstein, Borgen, Dardarian & Ho to investigate whether Werner has paid drivers all lawful wages required by the California Labor Code. Our investigation is evaluating information about pay practices for work performed by Werner drivers in California during the last four years (whether the driver was a resident of California or not). As part of our investigation, we would like to talk with current and former Werner drivers about their work experiences at Werner in California. This is not an offer to represent you or other Werner drivers. However, our investigation of potential class action claims could benefit from any information Werner drivers may provide to us as part of this ongoing investigation. Please phone or email me if you would like to talk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jim Sitkin