logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
No No Hair Removal
unauthorized use of credit card
2. (20 mins ago)
Evolutionwriters.com
scam
5. (45 mins ago)
uk department@live.com
how to claim the prize amount

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Vandyke Mortgage

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and cheating

Vandyke Mortgage
I was sent a letter from Vandyke Mortgage company telling me that I was able to refinance my home. I was contacted by Clete Schroeder. He explained the program and that I needed to fill out the forms that he sent me. He asked me to fax them when completed along with the requested verification. I did as he asked. To fax them cost me money that I did not have but I needed to refinance or my home was going into foreclosure. That has been several months ago.

I phoned every week for awhile with no response. Then when he did answer the phone he said that my file got pushed to the back of others and that he would work on it now. I gave him a couple more weeks and still nothing. So I started calling again. When I finally reached him he said the person that does the appraisals had quite and he would have to find someone else. No one ever came to do the appraisal. I have called again now for 8 days straight and get no response. He told me I was approved that all we needed was the appraisal. My mortgage company will start foreclosure next week. I was unable to make payments because I could not work and had to go on disability. I have since retired and have the funds to make the monthly payments, but not enough to make the payments for the ones I got behind. I am so very disappointed in this company.

I even checked them out on the internet when we first started this to make sure the company was lignite. At that time there were no complaints listed. I would recommend not using Van Dyke Mortgage Company. Clete Schroeder is the person I dealt with.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Vandyke Mortgage complaints
Vandyke Mortgage - verbal contract/misleading

Comments

15th of May, 2012 by   VAN DYKE MTG 0 Votes
I apppliede fora reverse mortgage with the cincinnati ohio office. Mr. Young told me yes we can sure do this. It took him 2 1/2 weeks to send me a packet all the time telling me it had already been overnighted. That should have threw up a red flag but he was nice and very informative.I returned the packet he said he did not get it for 4 days after it was overnited but did get it. He told me he had to send appraiser which cost me $450.00. It took him 3 weeks to get an appraiser out here. I contacted him several times and was told an appraiser had been sent his last excuse before the appraiser came was they said hey could not get on the property. Why I do not know because there was no gates . I asked the appraiser when he got here and he had just been contacted the previous day.
It has been one lie after another.

Van Dyke recieved the appraisal 3 days after the appraiser was here. Two weeks later Van Dyke Mr Young said refused the appraisal
because there was only one property in our county to compare it to but the appraiser found 5 other propertys within 6 miles in other counties. I have found in Ky this is legal to do.
Mr young emailed me last week and said van dyke was trying to get the appraiser to re do the appraiser. I told him to forget it I would find another company. From the day I contacted Mr Young it has been 3 months. I feel they need to refund my $450.00 since they refused the appraisal. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.
 9th of Sep, 2014 by   BETTY JANE KNIGHT 0 Votes
I HAVE A MORTGAGE COMPANY JAMES B. NUTTER AND THEN I CHECKED ON THE TITLEL COMPANY AND BOTH OF
THEM SAY I WAS GIVEN A 62 THOUSAND DOLLAR CHECK BUT I HAVE NOT EVER GOTTEN ANY OF THAT TAX FREE
MONEY OUT OF MY EQUITY SOMEONE MUCT HAVE THAT MONEY CUZ I HAVE NOT EVER RECEIVE A PENNY OF
MY REVERSE MORTGAGE.. THE TITLE COMPANY IS NAMED REPUBLICAN CAN ANY ONE HELP ME? MY EMAIL IS
lar4liz13@sbcglobal.com my phone number is 816 288 6353 BETTY JANE KNIGHT MY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY SO I
AM DOING IT BY MYSELF NOW BUT LARRY WAS ALIVE WHEN WE STARTED THIS. THANK YOU