logo

Reliance Home Comfort
Lien on my house
5. (46 mins ago)
SZHENZHEN DISELECTRONICS COLTD
I haven’t received my order – seller is jerk

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Vacation Network Inc. Complaints & Reviews - Fraud and cheating!

Vacation Network Inc. Contacts & Informations

Vacation Network Inc.

Posted:    Juan Rodriguez

Fraud and cheating!

Well I can answer this question. I joined them and wish I had not. Today I called them to ask why are you trying to book me a room that looks like a hotel room. I joined because they stated that I would get time resort apartments with full amenities. They told me today that because I have been complaining on line to a numerous RIP OFF SITES That they no longer wish to keep me as a member and they decided to drop my membership. I paid every year over $200.00 only because I had no choice. Stay a member or loose my 23 paid vacation weeks. I spoke with Pam, she is the person who answered the phone, I told her so does that mean that I will get the monies back for weeks that I have not used? She said I have to take it up with the company. So I said let me speak with the owner. She blocks calls that come in to the owner. So she just hung up on me today. I will send statements to all the media folks in Georgia hoping that they will expose these people. I will pray to GOD every day that they get shut down. But just because they get shut down does not mean that legally they can re-establish as a new organization and start the scam all over again. Stay away from all. This is my advise. Juan Carlos Rodriguez. Carlil217@verizon.net. GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY. He will fight for me. This is what is written in the Bible.Now Pam said they dropped me as a member but are going to keep all my money. Thats six thousand dollars that they wont give back. I get dropped because I complained. They would not let me speak to the owner. Based on what I have been told the owner is Asian.

Advise smb what should i do!
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jul, 2009 by   Olga Malitska 0 Votes
Im glad that i finally found people that share my pain.
I have a very similar situation with VN.
I joined last summer, paid about $1000 up front then
$290 yearly fee - twice!
What did I got for that??? ZERO!!!
None of my requests was confirmed, they don’t even bother to give me ANY options or explanations or else - just
say "We have NOTHING for you" …Period.

I was trying to get my money back - they just stopped talking to me - avoid me in all possible ways. They simply blocking all my phone calls, never respond to ANY of my messages.
Playing hard to get.
I KNOW there is more people just like me- as angry as upset as disparate.
The best way is to get those people together and take some actions.
VN is literally robbing people and getting away with this on the very daily basis.
This is OUTGRAGEOUSE!!!
They HAVE to pay!!!
 15th of Aug, 2009 by   sales_agent 0 Votes
I'm interested in a class action against VNI. I will potentially set up a website for such effort. If you plan to garner some collaboration, please email me at sales_agent@earthlink.net.
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   txranch 0 Votes
This complaint will probably shock you. I get a call at 9:00 pm from a telmarketer saying he's calling from Vacaiton network. The phone call got disconnected at this stage. I had not spoken more than a few sentences - we had not yet started on the details. Immediately, the same person calls back and leaves a threatening mesage on my answering machine saying "listen somebody is coming to (my address which he reads out so I know he know it), so be careful, ok." It was the same person - he may have thought I had hung up the phone on him, so HE CALLS BACK and THREATENS me and my family with this scary message.
This is an unfair selling practice & a threat to society. That too when its just after 9:00pm when they should not be calling at all.

I called up the company's office and these guiys started denying it & passing the phone to everyone else - they were clearly not going to listen to me & wanted to avoid my call.

I'm going call Better Business Bureau, the police & the Attorney general's offcie on them If there are sufficient genuine complaints, someone will put these guys away & make the world a safer place.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   Mariso 0 Votes
My boyfriend and I just signed up last month. He paid $1300 up front and I will soon start paying the 1st monthly installment of the remaining balance next month.They have an office in Houston, Texas and I can very well direct anybody there.Please let me know what to do with this scam.How can they still keep this fraud business with the same name for years?
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   Kactusflwer 0 Votes
I have managed to cancel my Vacation Network account and got most of my money back. Contact me at Kactusflwer@aol.com...I will take you through the process I went through to get things handled.

Kactusflwer
 6th of Dec, 2011 by   Jim Loving 0 Votes
I agree this is a huge rip-off. I became a VNI owner in summer 2010 and just used now. There are two big 'gotchas': 1- there is a MINIMUM 8% uplift on the maintenance fee annually (fine print) and 2: the exchange wording regarding HIGH and LOW demand seasons have some more gotchas. For Low (request outside 60 days) and High (outside 90 days) you MUST request outside these timeframes. (By the way, the navigation on their website is terrible, it does not timestamp requests, nor do you get email confirmations of requests when submitted, only after fact by Atlanta staff). Additionally, there are the holidays and "Special Events" which require requests to be made greater than 180 days from the time of your vacation. The special events include 14 different events (all without specified dates) including such events as spring break and octoberfest. Additionally, VNI WILL NOT even look for properties, even if they might be available, during these times. So if one of their vendores such as RCI happens to have a property during one of the above times, and you wanted it, you could not get it through VNI because they will not do the search. Additionally, they require paymets in FULL for the properties prior to a search, and only if they can not fill the search will they then pay you back. I have not gone through that process but can only imagine what a pain that will be. This is worse than my previous experience with Timeshare, which by comparison, was much much better. Agree - stay away. JYL
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   jmen26 0 Votes
I Agree and wish some government entity would have the balls to shut this fraudelent company down. my wife and i continuously get harassed by their collectors, We paid this stupid company around $1500.00 and lost it all because they would not allow us to cancel after i looked them up and found out how many people they have ripped off. if anyone knows how to get them off my back please let me know:jmen26@yahoo.com
Jose M
 17th of Feb, 2013 by   pandssmith 0 Votes
We made a purchase with Platinum Travel in Plano Texas. They have not returned our phone calls. We have not received the kitted materials they promised. I am seeing a ton of negative reviews on this company and Travel Network their parent company? Anway, I know we won't get our money back but there is a lady filing a class action suit. She posted her number on another website - its 480-699-5734. We lost $1294.
 3rd of Sep, 2013 by   MelPerez 0 Votes
I too wish to cancel my contract and need information on the legal process of filing a complaint. Any informaiton you can send me would be GREAT! perezmel151@yahoo.com.
 31st of Jul, 2014 by   Windel Oakley 0 Votes
My wife and I joined vni through Platinum Travel in Plano Texas. Not long after we joined, they sold our contract to Monterey Financial in California. I thought that strange, but contracts are sold, so I let it pass. We didn’t realize that we had been scammed until we tried to use it over a year later. I called the sales person and he didn’t call back, so I called again. He promised that he would fax Monterey and cancel the contract, but that didn’t happen. My wife called and again he promised her the same, except he decided to give her a lecture on contracts in Texas, which I did not appreciate. Again nothing happened. So I Googled both Platinum Travel, (rated F with the BBB) and vni and found all of these complaints. I just wish I had Googled a year ago. I’m complaining to both the Federal Trade Commission and the Texas Attorney General’s office, and joining the Class action referred to above. My e-mail is wtoakley@hotmail.com.
 16th of Aug, 2014 by   Necole Lewis 0 Votes
My husband and I joined at Summit Travel out of Edmond Oklahoma.
I filed a complaint with the BBB and they responded that the company had gone out of business.
I am a Disabled Veteran VNI should be ashamed of themselves, Its horrible that we cant find honest people anymore. Shame, Shame, Shame!!

The same basic story, except they sold our account to Duvera Financial. I am too filing a complaint with the FTC and Oklahoma Attorney Generals office they took over 1500 or more from us and yes I too will join the lawsuit. necolebell143@yahoo.com
 10th of Nov, 2014 by   Dksarc 0 Votes
I am researching this company. How much did the excess weeks cost to book?

Dirty Dozen Scams