logo

Peachtree Windows and Doors
NonStop Warranty Worthless
5. (41 mins ago)
Trustpilot.co.uk
deceit by trustpilot by writing good fake reviews

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

U.S. Telecom Long Distance, Inc., Las Vegas, Nevada Complaints & Reviews - Scamming Elderly w/ Long Distance Charges

U.S. Telecom Long Distance, Inc. Contacts & Informations

U.S. Telecom Long Distance, Inc.

Posted: 2011-06-14 by    kimberbl

Scamming Elderly w/ Long Distance Charges

U. S. Telecom Long Distance, Inc.
3960 Howard Huges Pkwy, #5001F
Las Vegas, Nevada
Phone: 800-208-1125
My 91 year old mother received a third party letter from the above beginning "This letter is being sent to inform you of charges that were sent back to U.S. Telecom Long Distance Inc., by your local carrier. These are charges that you contacted your local phone company about that you were not aware of, or did not understand." They wanted $10.88 payment within 30 days from the receipt of the bill. This demand totally caught my mother off guard and she was going to pay the bill. I googled this company and there are many complaints and lawsuits - this company is owned by Priscilla Mraz (last name as of today) but the company name changes frequently. They have also done business under the name "Business Calling Plan, Inc.". I called the 800 number above and asked for Priscilla.. the woman told me that Priscilla was the owner and had a different number. She wanted my account number (my mother's phone number) to which I replied thanks for the verification that your company is indeed operated by the woman with whom numerous complaints had been written about and for verification that this was all a scam. End of conversation. My concern - will this scam artist be able to harm my mother's pristine credit record?????
Comments United States Landline & Home Phone Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jun, 2011 by   kimberbl 0 Votes
In doing research on a scam involving U.S. Telecom Long Distance, Inc. geared towards the elderly I came across the name Qwest as a company that provides addresses of the elderly and assists US Telecom in scams involving false bills for long distance service... beware who you are dealing with.
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   david cassell 0 Votes
usa telecom is also trying to scam me my monthly bill is about 11 to 12 dollars a month because i am on lifeline package service from att now i get a phone bill for 121 dollars and it says 111 from telecom usa thats a bunch of bull crap i am not paying usa telecom anything since i did not ask for there service its all a scam dont fall for it and dont pay it.
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   Customer Service, Inc 0 Votes
We’re sorry you had a bad experience. Repeat business is the basis for any successful business and ours is no exception. Unfortunately we are unable to identify you from this complaint and want to encourage you to please call and give us another opportunity to address your needs and to make it “right.”

~U.S. Telecom 1-800-379-1795
 11th of Feb, 2012 by   arely 0 Votes
my girlfriend just receive a letter saying she have been charge $9.38dollars in the bill we never have a home phone before the letter says is from u.s telecom long distance
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   arminavi 0 Votes
The company did the same thing to us. They are very good in hiding their charges through ATT bill. When we dropped ATT, they continued to bill us and that's how we learned that we were doing business with them all those years. We trusted ATT. Why they agreed to deceive their customers by collaborating with US Telecom Long Distance, we do not know.
 30th of Sep, 2012 by   ScammedbyUSTelecomLongDistance 0 Votes
We were unknowingly signed up for their service through Frontier, and upon cancelling promptly, we were charged $10.88 for the next three months. What a scam!
 2nd of Oct, 2012 by   Bob Foucealt 0 Votes
I also sent back the charges from u.s. telecom and also recieved a letter from them, I have tried to call several times but keep getting a recording, they sent me an envelope to send a payment in but expect me to pay for the postage, nice try, no thank you I sent back the charges because : A- I did not contract with them B- I did not approve any of service from them contracted by anyone else C- I never to my knowledge used their service D- I have paid for any long distance calls made from my phone already and refuse to pay any additional charges, fees, or taxes applied by any one ...PERIOD..
 12th of Aug, 2013 by   Conquienhablo 0 Votes
I just received a call from these people claiming that they offer a discount to CA. This is a one time discount only. They claim I qualified for having had my line for such a long time with my same carrier. I just got the phone line! They don't have your info and need you to provide name on the bill and billing address. SCAM ALERT!!!

I told the Spanish speaking rep I wanted no contact with this company. That I read up on the Internet and she hung up!!!

Phone Fraud