logo

SCAM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

US Metal Buildings, Deerfield Beach, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Unethical practices

US Metal Buildings Contacts & Informations

US Metal Buildings

Posted:    Valerie

Unethical practices

US Metal Buildings
1182 East Newport Center Drive
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Lets talk about Customer Service. There is NO Service in their idea of customer service. Everything related to customer service seems to be that you, the customer, is servicing them.

Lets start at the beginning.

I ordered a 40 X 50 Metal Building. IT WAS PAID IN FULL, as their contract required.

I asked that the delivery date be postponed as the job site was not ready to receive the building. I was told that delaying the delivery was not possible. In addition, that any delay of delivery would cause me to be charged for "storage charges" until the building would be delivered.

OK, now I have the building materials on the job site. The building material was placed to the side of the job site and we worked around it. Yes, I agree that this was MY Problem. However, US Metal Buildings did not seem to care that the delivery date would cause me a problem.

Next, After the delivery, the sales department contacts me and offers me a "deal" on insulation and a "roll up" garage door for an additional $5000. As the building construction had not yet begun, I ordered the package.

Now the real fun started. US Metal Building gave me a delivery date. The job site is 200 miles from my office. I made arrangements for a crew to be at the job site to unload the door and insulation. The truck failed to show.

I made a few calls and was directed to call the insulation company. The insulation group never received the order from USMB. Another delivery date was arranged. Another crew was arranged for and the delivery never arrived. Then we did this the 3rd time. Same thing. The 4th time the insulation was sent it did arrive...but no door.

I called USMB again and was told the door came from someplace else. This delivery was arranged and it did show up on schedule.

However, the door is a "roll up" into a roll and not a "roll up" panel insulated door as was described to me by my sales person.

Now the call to customer service the rectify this latest problem. NO SATISFACTION.

I was told that I bought the door and that there was nothing that they could do. After all, the door was paid for and delivered and that ended their responsibility on the contract. When I asked to speak with the salesman that took the order I was told by the admin assistant that he worked in another department and he could not be reached. When I insisted, I was told that she had the file and the sales department was no longer available to me.

Needles to say, I am stuck with a non insulated, unusable ( for my purposes ) garage door. I was told by USMB to sell it to someone else.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH US METAL BUILDINGS.

You will be left out in the cold with no customer support and, heaven forbid, if there is a problem, you will receive NO Problem Resolution.
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Apr, 2009 by   rogermoor +1 Votes
I dealt with "Frank" and then his manager...

This was for a 60*25 building I was going to purchase from them..

This is a warning for anyone considering buying one of these prefabricated steel buildings from usbuildings...

They run commercials on tv some times...

On the surface these things seem like a good deal... You get a steel building for a cheap price... BUT...

What they don't tell you is they are selling you HALF of what you need to put the f*cking thing together..

Once you buy the initial steel building and put down a "non refundable deposit" they will wait for a week then call you back and tell you that you need to buy the "end walls"... for another 3 grand...

So you say ok.. f*ck I need end walls after all.. and buy it..

Then they wait another week and call you back and say well.. you need this steel channel to install the building or else it's going to be a major pain in the ass for you to erect it... and that's going to be another 3 grand...

I mean what the f*ck you know?

That's like selling someone a car and then saying oh by the way you'll need to buy these breaks to make it stop..

f*cking scum bags..

So I tell them to go f*ck themselves and refund my deposit and they refuse..

I've now charged it back with the credit card company..

I'm mainly posting this here so google will pick it up and people will be warned that usbuildings http://www.us-buildings-direct.com is a scam and a rip-off. Consider this an official complaint about their business practices.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Angry Customer +1 Votes
Look Folks,
Let's get together & make these guys (would Shysters be more accurate?!) responsible for their words & actions.
According to the BBB in their area, they have a C minus rating with 72 recorded complaints in the past 3 years.
That's one for every 2 weeks of the year on average...
And yet somehow they manage to continue to be a member of the BBB.
Makes me wonder if they're paying people off. Or how they keep going.
The BBB also says U.S. Buildings has been a member since 1991.
So, they've been getting away with ripping people off for almost 20 years? Or more?
What was happening before they were BBB members?
Somebody has to stop them!
I'm beginning to believe they want to keep your deposit worse than they want to sell you a building,
so they'll promise verbally whatever you want for- you name your price-don't put it all in the written contract & don't plan on having to deliver it and in fact are trying to aggravate you enough that you'll cancel your order, so they can keep your deposit without delivering ANYTHING.
They probably make more money on the deposits than the buildings!!! I'm serious!
I believe THAT is their real business(if you can call it that!)-not the buildings!
What Unconscionable behavior! I couldn't have any one of their jobs and sleep at night knowing what I was doing...and KNOWING that GOD knows what I'm doing.

You may be able to help others who weren’t as lucky as you to get out of dealing with this mess,
by filing complaints with the below agencies so an investigation into this companies unscrupulous practices will be made.
The FTC says they'll investigate if they or the BBB, get enough complaints.
How many does it take? One every 2 weeks isn't sufficient?
But the next contact for the Division of Consumer Services only needs ONE complaint to warrant an investigation.
What I would like to see take place is a class action lawsuit.
You can help!
Save someone else from being taken advantage of. Or from going thru what we have, & or are going thru.
File your complaints with:

1. The Federal Trade Commission at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
or: Call the toll-free helpline: 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357);
TTY 1-866-653-4261

2.The Division of Consumer Services
850-488-2221 or go to www.helpfla.com
Go to File a complaint in the left-hand column, then you can choose to file online, or download the page to fill out, so you have all the time you need, because online the page times out if you take too long.

3. Then forward your complaint to the Office of the Attorney General in both your state, & the State of Florida (850-414-3990)

4. You may also report it with the Dept. of Bus. & Prof. Regulations @ 850-487-1395.

5. Don't forget to send your complaint to The Better Business Bureau at:
www.bbb.org/us/Consumer-Complaints/ ...or check them out at:
Just enter US Buildings and the state (Florida)
or call in your complaint:
Phone: (561) 842-1918
Fax: (561) 845-7234

6. You may also e-mail ME, at an email address we set up especially for this purpose:
usbuildingscomplaints@email.com

I'm another unfairly treated customer who's issue is yet unresolved & will be glad to hear from you with anything that's worked for you for resolution, if you know of other places to contact that will get results, or other ideas you have,
want to share your U.S. Building horror stories of unethical or deceptive trade practices, complaints,
or if you'd like to be added to a list of names to be contacted if we go against these guys in a class action lawsuit

If you, and everyone else that's had awful experiences with this company will file complaints, maybe together we can make something happen so this company will finally get investigated for what certainly appears to me to qualify as Deceptive Trade Practices, and either have to clean house to shape up the "business" or get shut down.
Hope to hear from all you folks that got a metal building misrepresented to you by this outfit, and that you will file your complaints with all those places listed above as well.
Thank you!
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   rogermoor 0 Votes
U.S. Buildings is owned by the Rack family out of Boca Raton Florida.

Gary James Rack President (father)
Anthony James Rack Vice President (twin son)
Adam Jonathan Rack Vice President (twin son)

The company directors can be found here:

You can see other customers complaining about similar issues with U.S. Buildings Direct here:

/URL removed/?q5=U.S. Buildings&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21

/URL removed/?q5=us buildings&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21

There are also 73 complaints against this company with the better business bureau..

Associated companies and domain names:

RACK, GARY J GR RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT, LLC L05000083117

virginiahurricaneshutters.com
washingtondchurricaneshutter.com
washingtondchurricaneshutters.com
 31st of May, 2009 by   mannamle 0 Votes
YOU ARE A BUNCH OF BITCHES, THEY PROVIDE THE STRUCTURE FOR YOU...WHO GIVES A SHIT IF YOU CANT STORE IT WHEN YOU TOLD THEM YOU WANTED IT ON A SPECIFIC DATE...I HATE CRY BABIES.
 6th of Jun, 2009 by   Will build without you US Metal +1 Votes
These guys are terrible business people! Unless you really want to get jacked around, run from these people! My experience was not half bad until I asked to see the terms and conditions (T&C's). They need a deposit to show me them ... oh really. After some back and forth and the sales persons Josh, Jack and Rick I told them I would not give them any cash or credit card number unless I saw the terms under which I would be paying $10K for a building. The price was not a factor but from I hear on the net, this price doesn't last because in the T&C's, it states that the price will follow the price of steel. They said nothing that would change my mind that they are not reputable business people. The last thing Rick said was that I wasn't even going to buy an buidling from anyone and I was wasting his time. I calmly amswered: "I won't be wasting anymore of your time, please do not call me back." I will find a business that is reputable and I will get my building raised for a reasonable price.
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   Angry Customer +1 Votes
Good for you! Thank you for taking your time to post your experience.-
Your the fish that got away! Together we can inform, and help prevent others from getting caught in their hook.
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   uncle f +1 Votes
Understand one thing, the steel building business is all a ripoff. I used to sell them. It was a BS sales pitch saying that we had one left over close to the size you were looking for. It was originally one price and now they only want about half for it. Its all BS. Lies Lies Lies. If people do their due diligence and research this crap, they will find the truth. The thing that sucks is that continued calls to news stations and major newspapers are a waste. Also the state of Florida doesnt do shit. We need all to complain to maybe have a chance to put these lying scumbags out of business. They steal from the consumers and their salespeople.
 6th of Jul, 2009 by   Steelman +1 Votes
Building Solutions, Inc.
I am a metal building installer/erector and hear all the time from customers "I can get it cheaper", sure you can someone is always cheaper but you get what you pay for.
You see buildings on sell for $5, 000.00 but what consumers fail to realize is alot of times those prices dont include doors, screws, and numerous other items to complete the project.
So next time you decide to puchase a building or a friend, neighbor, realtive keep in mind cheap will get you headache in the metal building dept pay the extra money and deal with a local reputable company that will complete the job
and if any conflict was to arise you have someone face to face to deal with not over the phone or internet.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   USmetalsucks +1 Votes
I just wanted some information about a building for a property that I was going to buy. The prperty fell through and I did not need a building anymore. They kept calling multiple times. I told them I was not in the market anymore and take me off the call list. Well they kept calling. One called me a jackass and another was an ass hilmself and hung up on me. I am sure they will call tomorrow and I will have to deal with it again. They are a bunch of punks.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   bob down +1 Votes
I worked for these scumbags in there Tempe, AZ office. Here is the deal. Adam (who is also Jack, John, Mark, Dave) one of the owners teaches his salespeople to sell buildings to those who are strictly going off urgency...what we are telling them. Here is what they tell there customers..we are currently on the tail end of the largest clearance we have ran in company history...and I am just trying to help those last few customers out who are ready to put a 25% deposit on the structure today..well there clearance has been running for years...there is no clearance...its simply to get you to think your getting a clearance structure when your really not...and they will tell you that you can get financed with a 25% down as well...and most just lose there money due to the financing is dried up...these guys are total scammers...they steal from there customers..there rude to there employees and steal from them also...Adam steals deals from his sales guys...anthony who is aka JACK...is nothing but a total asshole also...there buildings are nothing but an over priced piece of shit...
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   widow +1 Votes
My husband ordered a steel building from these people. One week later we rushed my husband to the ER and found out that he was very sick and not going to live.
We called from the hospital to cancel the building even though we knew we would lose 3500 deposit. The hateful you know what threatened to sue me if I didn't take
ownership of the building by January. I had to make several calls and finally got a call from their "legal dept." canceling the building and keeping the down payment.
Do not deal with these people. They are really, really terrible awful people. My husband died on November 1 and as
horrible as I feel, I am thankful that I don't have to figure out what to with a bunch of building parts. The $3500 would have gone a long way towards taking care of
his funeral and medical bills. REALLY HORRIBLE AWFUL TERRIBLE BAD PEOPLE WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! Take your money and run the other way. Quickly.
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   southern pines +1 Votes
My husband received a call from a salesman named "Ken". He wanted my husband to give him a credit card number immediately to get the building that "he had worked to get the special price on". When my husband told him he wanted more information and a hard copy of information, "Ken" got real nasty about it and wouldn't take no for an answer. My husband handed me the phone and "Ken" asked what I was doing on the phone. Did I run the show? He said he didnt deal with women and didn't talk to them on the phone. Asked me shouldn't I be cooking or something. I told him that he was an ass and we hung up. What poor salesmanship. We wouldn't deal with this company if it was the last one on earth and I would advise NO ONE to deal with them.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   Jon Rullkoetter +1 Votes
Thank you for the posting Penny. I am in the market for a building and have received numerous phone calls after initial contact with USMB. From the start they came off as "shady".
I am glad that i did some investigating, ironically spurred on by the sales staff disparaging a competitor. The pointed me to a lawsuit that their competiton, another steel building co,
was involved in. Turns out to be a minor deal involving internal ownership. The bottom line is this led me to dig more into both companies . What I found was a A+ BBB rating for the competitive co
and this complaints board posting from you. When I brought up the A+rating and the problems I saw posted about USMB. Are you ready? this is rich. I was told "You know sir. You are simply too stupid
to buy a building from us" "You can call my manager and complain but I don't care" before I could even respond I heard the click. I don't remember this guys' name unfortunately.
I just remember that the sales office was in Arizona. Thank you to web sites like this. Take consolation that you have saved me some trouble dealing with these people. That should be your
payback to them. They are not getting my business. My advise to those in the market for a steel building. DO NOT deal with USMB.
 28th of Feb, 2010 by   p.stewart +1 Votes
they got $2800 out of me! for blueprints and then they wanted $2800 more along with extra cost totaling in the thosands.33 days in to this mess and still no plans. they screen the phones and refuse to talk to me.I told them I wanted my money back when they broke the contract(day 2) they told me no way. scam!!!B.B.B. in on it? they rate them a B.
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   rreese +1 Votes
These guys are a complete bunch of lying scoundrels. If anyone, anywhere is planning legal action against US Buildings please contact me as I would love to be a part of this! Thay screwed me royal on a building and
I would love to see them get sued for their actions!
 14th of Mar, 2010 by   traildog +1 Votes
US Metal buildings is a poorly run business. They sell you the building and the extras are astronomical! The technical support is a secretary in a office! She knows very little to boot! All the salesman who smoosed you and overcharged you and say they will be there for you for tech support suddenly don't answer their phone after the deal is done!
They charged me 400 dollars for window trim for 3 windows that did not work. A local sheet metal shop made the right ones for a total of 80 dollars. I needed peak boxes for the two ends, as mine were lost or misplaced and they would not return my calls after repeated attempts, even after offering to pay for them. They made me feel stupid for asking questions to clarify details on the plans, even when working with a experienced builder. The details were either unclear or the printing was so small even good reading glasses did not help. I am glad I recieved most of the parts and was able to erect it with out losing too much money as some people have. The metal building business is pretty sleezy at least I know USMB is for sure.
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   J.COLE +1 Votes
I GUESS IM ANOTHER SUCKER WITH A US.METAL BUILDINGS, I FOUND THE ADD ONLINE FOR BUILDINGS AND FILLED OUT A PAGE ON WHAT BUILDING I WANTED AND ADDON'S, I WAS CONTACTED BY USMB FROM DEERFEILD BEACH FLA, BY A MAN NAMED KIRK ROUNTREE AKA, SALESMAN.I TOLD HIM THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR A BUILDING, TOLD HIM THE SIZE I TOLD HIM A 30'x50' WITH GUTTERS, NO DOORS OR WINDOWS STRIPPED ENCLOSED BUILDING.HE SAID HE WOULD CALL ME BACK WITH A PRICE SO I WAITED.KIRK ROUNTREE CALLED ME BACK AND TOLD ME HE COULD MAKE ME A GOOD DEAL ON A 26'x40' ENCLOSED BUILDING WITH THE DELUXE TRIM AND GUTTERS. THAT HE HAD A DEALER THAT HAD RETIERD AND HE HAD ALL THESE BUILDINGS THAT IF I WANTED IT I NEED TO HURRY WITH THE PURCHASE OF MY BUILD BECAUSE THE WERE GOING TO BE LOADED UP ON A BOXCAR AND SENT TO THE FARMERS MARKET TO AUCTION THEM OFF SO HURRY HE REPEATED AGAIN.AND HE GAVE ME A PRICE OF $14.410 SHIPPED TO ME IN OCALA FLA, , I TOLD HIM OK! SURE SOUNDS GOOD! BUT THEN THEY SENT FAC'S OVER FOR A DEPOSIT OF $3, 600 TO GET BLUE PRINTS READY TO SEND ME.WELL! THE NEXT FAC'S I GOT WAS ONE THAT SAID NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT AFTER I GAVE THEM THE $3, 600 I CALLED! TO ASK ABOUT THIS.THEY GAVE TO A WOMAN NAMED ELLANA HILL OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR SHE SAID THAT'S HOW THEY DO IT THERE! SHE SAID THAT I WOULD HAVE TO SEND ANOTHER $3, 600 TO START PRODUCTION WHICH AT THE TIME I WAS THINKING PRODUCTION! KIRK ROUNTREE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS ALREADY MADE AND I DIDN'T BUY THE BUILD IT WAS GOING TO THE FARMERS ACTION, , FLAG'S WENT UP FOR ME.SO ANY WAY'S SHE SAID I NEEDED THE REST OF THE MONEY WHEN THE BUILING WAS SHIPPED TO ME.THEN ELLANA HILL TOLD ME THAT IF I COULD NOT KEEP THE DELIVERY DATE THAT I WOULD BE CHARGED A STORAGE FEE. I LAUGHED AT HER AND SAID IM SPENDING $14, 410 AND YOUR GOING TO CHARGE ME A STORAGE FEE! WELL I GOT MY BUILD SCHEDULED FOR DELIVERY THEY TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED TO HAVE A FORK LIFT TO OFFLOAD THE SEMI TRAILOR.ANOTHER SURPRISE TO ME!THEY CAME AND WE OFFLOADED THE TRAILOR, WELL WE STARTED TO BUILD THE BUILING, I OPENED THE TRIM BOK UP AND THERE WAS NO GUTTER SYSTEM LIKE I WAS TOLD THERE WAS, WAS SHORT BOLTS AND NUTS TO BUILD IT LIKE 50 BOLTS THAT COST ME OVER 50.00 FOR THEM, I CALLED ELLANA HILL SHE TOLD ME AS FAR AS SHE NEW THAT MY PAPER WORK DIDN'T STATE ANY GUTTER SYSTEM BUT THAT I HAD THE DELUXE TRIM PACKAGE AND IT DON'T COME WITH A GUTTER SYSTEM, BUT IN MY PACKAGE INVOICE IT CALL IT STANDARD TRIM PACK. SHE SAID IF I FAC'S OVER THE RECIEPT FOR THE BOLTS SHE WOULD CREDIT ME BACK.SO I ASKED TO TALK TO THE SALESMAN KIRK ROUNTREE SHE TOLD ME HE WOULDN'T BE IN FOR A WEEK. NOW! WHEN I CALL THERE FOR EITHER ONE THEY TELL ME THAT THEY ARE NOT IN AT THIS TIME .I LEFT MESSAGES FOR THE TO CALL ME BACK AND STILL TO THIS DAY MARCH 25, 2010 HAVENN'T HEARD BACK FROM THEM. THEY ARE SCREENING THERE CALL'S BUT WHEN I WAS LOOKING BUILING THEY CALLED THREE TO FOUR TIMES A DAY.SO WHO EVER IS READY TO TAKE THEM TO COURT IM IN.I BOUGHT FROM THEM IN GOOD FAITH AND NOW I FEEL SCREWED BECAUSE OF THE LIE'S AND GAMES THEY PLAY. THE BOTTOM EDGE OF THE BUILDING DOESN'T EVEN COME WITH SEAL THIM TO KEEP THE BUG, MOISTURE, RATS, OUT OF THE BUILDING'S I HAVE BEEN A INSTALLER FOR A BIG OUTFIT OSE INTERPRISE AND THEY NEVER TREATED PEOPLE LIKE THIS.SO YOU NEED TO GET WITH ME YOU CAN CALL ME AT 352-625-2832 TO GET ME IN COURT OVER THIS BS!LEAVE A MESSAGE AND A NUMBER AND I'LL GET BACK WITH YOU.EMAIL ME AT DIE3K@AOL.COM.MY NAME IS JIM, , THANKS
 2nd of Apr, 2010 by   GoldWinger +1 Votes
I got sucked in just like the rest of you. They go me for $7K deposit then canceled the financing. I went to my bank and got the money back temporarily (1 month) but MasterCard said it is out of their hands since the contract says our money is non-refundable even though it does look like fraud. and/or deceptive business practices. I did contact the FTC and others as well as the BBB. Before i filed a complaint with the BBB their rating was a A+ and now it is a B-. I guess the BBB complaint system works as long as you make the complaint. I have contacted a lawyer today. He said it sounds like they have been doing this a long time. The Lawyer said the cost of one individual fighting will probably cost more than the money lost. He is looking at the contract verbage to see if i have any recourse. But right now it is not looking good. It is funny how a small business can get rich off of so many people and not get nailed. One day they will have to answer to the big man upstairs.
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   Greg Carlisle +1 Votes
Before I moved forward with the purchase I was concerned how easy the salesman stated that it would be to construct the building. I goggled the company to see if there were any comments regarding the EASE OF CONSTRUCTION...

After reading all of your comments, US Metal Buildings called back to confirm my order. I made them aware of my findings and US Metal Buildings claimed that this was another company not theirs when I asked for their address it was the same as the one someone else had posted... I strappingly informed them that there was no way I would place an order with a company that had negative feedback from its previous clients.

Thank you for all of your POSTS! You saved me from allot of aggravation and probable future litigation.

Greg Carlisle
Naples, Florida
 18th of Apr, 2010 by   lwb in Idaho 0 Votes
On Saturday 4/3/10, the representative from US Buildings, Wes Davis, called me at approximately 10:30am. My wife had requested a quote from them and we were interested in a metal building which they advertise on the internet and on TV. We felt that with companies throughout the country that they would be upstanding and honest. We spoke with Wes and he told us there were special discount on some of their buildings and ask us what we were looking for. I told him we were interested in a metal building that I could store my boat in and use for a shop as well (16x24x11 feet). He said he had buildings that would work great for my needs. He told me that he could sell me one for $4, 490.00. He told me that he would fax me a contract that I needed to sign and send back to him immediately so he could hold the discount and ask for my credit card so he could process the paperwork. He said that was just a formality and that he would call me back in ten minutes after he could get the building put on hold. He said he only had 15 minutes to hold the discount on the building, so we needed to hurry. I gave him the information as he requested and he faxed the contract form to me. I signed it and sent it back so he could start things moving. He called me back and told me that I was now a proud owner of a metal building and congratulations and that blueprints for my building would be sent to me as soon as the contract was approved. He said he would continue to process the order and call me back in another 15 minutes to talk to me further. I waited for his call and it never came. My wife and I then had a chance to sit down and look closer at the contract that I had signed and we realized that this is not the building we had described to him and it wouldn’t work for what we needed or wanted. It had no ends on the building, so it was just a tunnel. We also noticed that the small print said there is a back page telling us what the terms of the agreement are. We never received a back page nor did we ever speak with anyone about the terms of the contract. I tried to call him back immediately (approximately 11:00 am) and cancel the order so he could stop it from being processed. The receptionist told me he was away from his desk and I could leave a message. I explained to her that the contract was wrong as it was stated and I needed to speak with him as soon as possible and I didn’t want the blueprints to be sent to me until I could speak with Wes and I wanted to cancel the order. She told me she would pass that information on to him. I waited for him to return my call and he still didn’t call so my wife then called his direct number (approximately 1:00 pm) that was still in our phone registry. She got his direct voice mail and she left him a message telling him that the contract was not correct and to please stop the order process and that we wanted to cancel the order. He still did not call back. I waited until approximately 2:15 pm and then I called again. A gentleman named Mike answered the phone and I was told that Wes had gone home for the day. I told Mike that I was concerned that my calls were not being returned and that the contract was not correct and that I do not want the blueprints shipped nor do we want the building. He said he would give the message to Wes. While I had Mike on the phone, I ask him if he could tell me about the blueprints that were suppose to be coming. I ask him if there was a door in the building and he told me there was a side walk-in door. However, that was not true. The building described in the contract was a mere tunnel with no end walls or doors. That is why we wanted to cancel the order. It is not what we were trying to order.
On Monday, 4/5/10 at 7:15 am, I called US Buildings again and ask for Wes. The receptionist told me that he was not at his desk so I told her that it was very important that I speak with him and I want to either speak with him to cancel the contract. I was told by the receptionist that I needed to speak with the general manager, Joe DeGaziano, the general manager, and the he was in conference and she would ask him to call me. She sent me to his voice mail and I left a detailed message for him. I told him that I did not want the blueprints sent and that I wanted to cancel the order. He did not return my call on Monday. I took one half day off work and went home to try and take care of this matter. I sent an email to their web site “Contact Us” at 3:00pm. I then tried to call again and was told that he had gone home. In the email I told them I was disappointed that I had not been able to contact them, but I was not getting the product that I wanted and therefore, I am cancelling my order with US Buildings. I also sent an email to Cornti Opperude, the person that approved my contract at 7:42pm, on 4/5/10, and she is the only person that I have an email address for at US Building. I also told her that I wanted to cancel my contract and have my deposit credited to my credit card. There was no response to that email. I also called Cortni Opperrude on 4/5/10 at 9:00 am. I told her I was becoming very frustrated because I couldn’t get anyone to return my calls. She told me that I would have to talk to Joe DeGraziano because he would have to take care of it. She told me she would give him a message and ask him to call me.
In addition to asking them to cancel the contract, we called Cabella’s Visa card and made the effort to stop the payment to them. We were told by the Visa card people (Mike) that we can’t stop payment because it was pending. He said he would flag it so that when it posted I could dispute it. I was concerned that they might add charges to the card, so a little later, I called and another gentleman at Visa told me basically the same thing. Later that night, I became very concerned about additional charges so I called Visa once more. The young lady told me she would shut down my card so no one else could charge to it and she would issue us new cards.
On 4/6/10, at approx. 10:15am, Joe Degraziano finally called me. I told him that I was extremely frustrated because I couldn’t get anyone to return my call and I explained my situation in detail to him. He said, “I am the general manager here and I will look into this. That is what I am here for and I will definitely look into this for you and we will make it right.” He told me that it would take him a little time to look into it and could he call me back at this phone number. I told him that I would refuse the blueprints and I wanted to cancel the order. I let him know that I would be at home all day and that he could reach me here or on my cell phone, which he also had the number. He never called me back and I have not spoken with anyone from US Buildings since then. Although, I have continued to send emails to them telling them that I want to cancel the contact and have my credit card credited.
The FedEx came to my door at 12:30pm on 4/6/10 they told me that they had a package that required a signature. I told her I was refusing the package and ask for a receipt stating I refused it. She gave me a receipt stating that I refused the package (enclosed).
On 4/7/10, I came home from work and found another package from US Building had been dropped off at my door by FedEx with no signature required. Joe Degraziano had gone immediately to his shipping department and sent out another set of blueprints and he had no intention of helping me. I did not open the package and took it to FedEx and wrote “refused, return to sender on it.”
My wife and I have been looking on the internet since then to see if they are legitimate and we are finding many complaints (70 or more) similar to ours. That the US Building people will not return phone calls, they trick you into an order and leave you hanging. These complaints can be found if you google “US Buildings Scams”, “US Buildings Complaints”, or “US Buildings Rip Offs”.
I have asked them to cancel this contract by email and by phone and they refuse to respond. I keep telling them that this is not what I ordered and I don’t want it. Especially now that I have seen how they treat other people, I definitely do not want their product. If it is a scam, everyone should be aware of these guys.
I am attaching a copy of my situation with the hopes that you might be able to help me or tell me what my recourse may be, if any. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and they are working with me to try to recover my money, but I am trying to make sure that I can be done with US Buildings from every angle. I will appreciate any information that you can give me to help me get a refund on my down payment or to make sure that they do not send this building to me. I tried to cancel the contract in writing within 72 hrs of signing it, but I am not sure that it applies. I am not sure where to go from here.

I just received an email from US Buildings this afternoon (4/14/10) and they now tell me I will be turned over to collection because of something on the back page of the contract. I never saw a back page of the contract, because the salesman was suppose to call me back and go over the terms of the contract and he never called me back .

Mobile Phone Selling Fraud