logo

Reservation desk
no refunds
3. (15 mins ago)
Snapdeal.com
Snapdeal cheating the people rupees
4. (32 mins ago)
Unfriendly to Class A Drivers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

US Census Bureau Complaints & Reviews - This is a terrible business practice, and harassment

US Census Bureau Contacts & Informations

US Census Bureau

Posted: 2011-11-28 by    Jualle

This is a terrible business practice, and harassment

US Census Bureau
A lady from the census bureau came to my house and my boyfriend talked to her because I was in bed sick. She asked him about the vacant townhouse next to my house. He said yes, it was empty.

The next day I get a missed call and voice mail on my phone from the census bureau. I didn't call back.

Two days later I answer a call from the census bureau asking for my boyfriend. I tell them that I'm not around him, and this was my phone number and they could ask me what they needed instead. Then the call dropped, or she hung up, not sure which.

I get home and my boyfriend calls them back and bluntly tells them to leave us alone and that when the lady was at my house she had told him that they wouldn't be needed any more information and he gave her my phone number not expecting them to call me.

Then, the next day I get another call from them, in which I tell them that we just spoke to them the day before and NO no one lives in the house next door! And please quit calling because the information is not going to change, how many times do we need to tell them, especially when they were here and SAW that the house is vacant.

And now today, another person calls asking for my boyfriend. Before I say anything I said this is MY phone, what do you want now? And he said they were calling about the work done.

I was pissed off at this point and said WORK? There was no work done here, are you calling about the house next door? And he said yes, (house #). I said it is still vacant, it has been vacant since I moved here and TAKE ME OFF YOUR CALL LIST and hung up on him.

I'm fed up with this. You do not send someone to MY house, ask about a house next door and get an answer from my boyfriend then keep calling and asking for him. He's not going to change his story. The house IS vacant, and I am the one who owns this house, and every time I tell you information you want to verify it with my boyfriend. He is not the owner of this house, or the cell phone you keep calling, so PLEASE leave me alone.

I've been called a total of 7 times including voicemails and missed calls, this is seriously ridiculous. I do not understand why one would have to even verify something when you came out in person to ask in the first place then call to speak to the same person you asked originally. The story will not change no matter how many times you call. This is a terrible business practice, and harassment.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

How to Get Back Overdraft Fees From Your Bank