logo

RIVERSIDE CPS
CPS IS A SCANDLE . THEY TAKE KIDS FOR JOB SECURITY
2. (26 mins ago)
Dunkin Donuts
dirt in cake donut dough
3. (29 mins ago)
Never Buy!!!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

United Medical Institute, Sacramento, California Complaints & Reviews - Misleading Information

United Medical Institute Contacts & Informations

5280 Auburn Boulevard
Sacramento, California
Phone: 1(916) 334 - 5118
unitedmedicalinstutite.com
Attention to all those interested in attending an Ultrasound school. I am a former student of an Ultrasound school called United Medical Institute located in Sacramento, California. I signed up for their 18 month program and just recently completed their program the beginning of this year to only find out that the school has mislead me, as well as all the other students, that we are unable to sit in for our specialty exam (ARDMS) until working for one full year. UMI first told me that they were indeed certified and that I will be able to sit in for my exams upon completion of their program, however, they "forgot" to inform me that the certification that they have does not allow me to take my exams as well as find employment. So far all the hospitals and clinics that I have applied for does not recognize my schooling and will not hire me. I am not the only student from this school; there are many other unhappy students! Please, whatever you do, do not attend this school. They have no problem taking your $30, 000 and looking you into the face and promising you that you will not have a problem finding a job once graduated. If you want to become an Ultrasound Tech, great for you! It's a great career if you went to a school that has proper accreditations. Do not waste your time and money (Ahem! $30, 000! And I hear they have increased the intuition!) on this school. I wish someone would have informed me about this deceiving school. All they care about is getting your money. Do your research and go to a well known school. I know that Kaiser has a good program so check them out. Anyways, the moral of the story: Research, Research, and Research! Oh well, too late for me now. I only hope no one else gets sucked into United Medical Institute’s trap. Be careful out there people!
Comments United States Schools
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Mar, 2010 by   california2010 -1 Votes
This is SPAM. The program was NEVER 18 month and it does not cost this much.
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   looking into Sonography 0 Votes
I am currently looking into this school and have really heard nothing but bad about them. The problem with the accredited schools is you already need an associates degree to attend them. Aren't there any employers that will hire someone for that first 12 months? This school doesn't have connections or anything with certain hospitals?? I'm afraid to take their word for it, so if anyone else has graduated from there and has a success story please let me know. Thanks
 13th of May, 2010 by   karinasimona 0 Votes
I'm not shure what school you graduated from but for sure it's not United Medical Institute. Cuz I graduated from the program this year and this program is not 18 month it's longer. If you are mad about something, then at least get you facts right. The school gave me externship at the great Hospital in the area. So, you info is not true. Currently working at Yuba City Cadiovascular Imaging.
Good luck to everyone.
 14th of May, 2010 by   mlonelii -1 Votes
hi there people, .
i don't know what is true and wat is not?
i was so happy that i found the school cuz i been looking for ultrasound school in sac for so long, when i finally found it i made appointment right away...i talked to the lady with the thick action but she is nice and friendly
i am so down to go for it, but after reading the bad review i am now not sure. so whoever grad from this school and have a job and believe and sure that it is not true student have to work for one year in order to take the exam please let me know please
cuz i dont have much money if i wastes all the last money i have in school and have no job afterward it would be suck.
i believe that the internship only 8months, and yes that ofcourse without the license. but one year of work w/o license after the internship is horrible.
 4th of Aug, 2010 by   Tam in Sacramento +1 Votes
I attended Sacramento Ultrasound Institute.. I am so glad I did.. I looked into United Medical Institute before I did as well as Western Career College. Both were rip offs. We've had many students transfer over to us. Western was sued by students in a class action lawsuit and United has complaints by students with the Better Business Bureau. I recently graduated and I am taking my ARDMS physics in a few weeks as soon as I finish studying. Great school. Great people. Great training. Money well spent and I am on my way with TWO job offers before graduation. Too often I hear bad stories like this though. I have friends who attended those schools only to leave and come over to Sacramento Ultrasound Institute to get a real education. They're all working now. Good luck though. Despite your set back.. pick yourself up.. dust yourself off.. and keep going... you'll get there. My seat is still warm if anyone wants it. :oD I'm outta here! Tam~
 6th of Aug, 2010 by   Jburke 0 Votes
You should call these guys. Apparently they have helped others defrauded by ultrasound schools. http://www.kcrlegal.com/helping-victims-of-trade-school-scams.aspx
 17th of Aug, 2010 by   LarryP 0 Votes
I'm a student here and this is completely FALSE and baseless. You should do your research before posting this slander. You seem to only want to blame other people for your failure. Those who want to do well will WORK for it and get ahead.

People, don't base your decision on this obviously false "review". Call the school, go in there and talk to the students/teachers/staff!
 17th of Aug, 2010 by   mima@yahoo.com 0 Votes
SPAM< SPAM< SPAM
ORIGINAL POST IS A SPAM
 17th of Aug, 2010 by   mima@yahoo.com 0 Votes
I attend united institute and I know the person who transferred to your school her name is Kim. She had some issues and that was the reason. So don't post this slander it is very misleading. I'm half way through the program and LOVE IT!!! Our teachers registered with full credentials, very knowledgeable and teach us well. Program is all about hands on with a lot of scanning. School is recognized by the department of education and is accredited. I am very happy with my choice! It was based on my research not on someones misguided opinion.
We just had a 2009 class reunion and 90% of the graduates work. How is that for a change?
Don't make your decisions about the schools just because someone is an unhappy individual. Call the place, talk to students, teachers and staff and see for yourself.
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   prospective student 0 Votes
I work at a similar school in Bay Area, and people really need to do their research before going for it andthen complain. The reason you have to work for a year before taking RDMS exams is because you have an AS in allied health. Students who have BS in any major can sit for exams right away after they graduate. I am relocating to Sac and interested in taking UTP, definitely will be talking to admissions, checking instructor credentials, placement statistics, and student satisfactory rates of the program.
 21st of May, 2011 by   Kellydye 0 Votes
I graduated from Umi and also ran into the same horrible problems they do not have the appropriate accreditation for you to get a job or sit for the specialty exams! They will lie and take your money. Do your research. Go to the ARDMS website and you will find that unless you work for a year or have a bachelors, you will not be able to sit for exams. It is impossible to find someone who will allow you to work for them for a year without your ARDMS, not to mention with the schools Crapy accreditation. Do not waste your money please. I was in a class of 10 students. None of us have found employment!!!
 4th of Nov, 2011 by   Simply.meeh 0 Votes
I am so thankful to have come across all the feed back about this school, like many of the people here I've been looking and looking to find a school here in Sacramento with no luck what so ever, I just called the school yesterday to hear that the program is 20 months long and is 25, 300.00 all out of pocket because they don't offer financial aid_ however I had NO IDEA I would not leave the school with all that I would need to get a job in the field, nothing was mentioned about working for 1 yr before getting my license_ I totally agree that should be said upfront whenever someone is calling. 25k is a lot of money and I defiantly wont be going to this school after hearing all the stories_ so to those of you who got ripped off sorry but thank you so much for sharing your story.
 27th of Dec, 2011 by   sickofumi 0 Votes
United Medical Institute is a horrible program, and I can't believe they are still open and running. Me and a group of students tried to sue them but on "books " they are not worth anything so no law firm felt it valuable to go after them. The employees post SPAM about how good the program is, and there are some good examples on this very forum. I have moved on and am in another accredited program in the bay because this is what I want to do. I feel for the people that work for this program only because in my opinion they are crooks and this is obviously the only way they can make it in this country! People who have met "them" know what I mean! Fraud Fraud Fraud. White collar fraud! Don't think the BBB will help as well, they were no good in listening to complaints from students. I filed a petition with sallie mae as well, and that did no good, they keep bringing them loans so what do they care? Very sad state of affairs that this "company" gets away with robbery every day and nothing can be done about it...
 8th of Feb, 2012 by   marshay 0 Votes
I graduated UMI in November 2011. Ultrasound program I attended was fabulous! All instructors were either M.D. or RDMS Sonographers. Since graduation I passed my SPI and OB/GYN exam. It is a WASC Accredited school. You can check it out online. In the beginning of this year I got a job at Sutter Hospital in S.F. making $55.00 per hour!!! It was hard, lot's of sacrifices on my part but it was all worth it. I recommend this school. I was very happy with it. Some students from my class though were not cuz they wanted to do their own thing and not follow the rules. Well, maybe previous post was from one of them... :-)
 8th of Feb, 2012 by   desiree707 0 Votes
I can totally tell that the good posts about the school are either from employees or from students who haven't completed the progra yet so they simply have no idea they are getting screwed, until the end... this is so sad...
 24th of Mar, 2012 by   amaat 0 Votes
this school is waste of ur time and money. fraud fraud, , trust me...good luck for those who still going to this school
 1st of Jul, 2013 by   callie527 0 Votes
Hey guys, I'm trying to find some recent info about this program. Everything is at least a year and a half old. Has anyone had luck with this program? Is it still as horrible as it sounds?
 2nd of Apr, 2014 by   sonoguy 0 Votes
I am interested in the Ultrasound Program with United Medical Institute. I have one question. Is the ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGY
Program, Code 51091012340000 accredited? Not the SCHOOL, but the PROGRAM. If YES, than what organization is accrediting it?
 3rd of Sep, 2014 by   Bobs youruncle 0 Votes
To all that said UMI was great... Do you or do you not have to work for a year in that field before you can take the test? if so, is there any employer willing to do so...
This is the main complaint, and no one bragging on UMI seems to be addressing it. I called and was also told for $25, 000 and 18-20 months I would be done? Simple question... Do I have to work in the field for another year to take the test or not?

Medical Identity Robbers