TSA Tampa Florida Airport

stolen money

Tampa, Florida
I traveled through security at Tampa Airport at approximately 7:30 pm on February 12, 2012. My blue back pack went through the metal detector and I had forgotten a can of sunscreen. I had put my wallet in the bag to make life easier. My bag was pulled from the line and an officer asked if he could go through my bag in front of me. I gave my permission and observed him. After finding the sunscreen and removing it, he took my bag back to the x ray machine. It seemed to take quite a while for my backpack to be returned to me. Today I discovered that a $100.00 bill which was emergency money was missing from my wallet.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful?

14th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
This is what you get when you have a corrupt unaccountable agency whose workers think they are above the law.

They treat the passengers who pay their salaries like cattle. They’re consistently abusive, belligerent toward passengers and harass them for sport.

In 2011 there were 62 TSA screeners arrested for serious crimes, including rape and murder. Of these, 11 were for sex crimes involving children and 4 for smuggling contraband through security There have been 4 arrested in the first month of 2012 and TSA is on pace to for another 60 crimes this year.

Often, those caught in these crimes are found to have past criminal arrests that weren’t discovered in the hiring process. Many TSA workers have criminal histories but we’re supposed to trust them with airline security and control of our belongings.

TSA needs to be dismantled and replaced with a better system.

TSA Crimes & Abuses
 14th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
If you want help recovering your money please visit http://www.travelunderground.org/index.php?forums/tell-us-your-story.79/.

There is a resource page at the site outlining who to contact to file a complaint and request checkpoint video. You have to contact the airport and request video with 30 days of he incident or it will be erased. Be prepared to tell them the time of day and date that this happened.

It is important that you report this since many of these screeners rob passengers for years before they are caught.

Contact Us