logo

ACS Inc USA
Scammers
4. (21 mins ago)
Merrywood Loans.co.uk
unauthorised use of card details
5. (34 mins ago)
marvelous-moroccotours.com
The owner suddenly cancelled everything

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Trophy Depot Complaints & Reviews - Broken trophies/no refund & false advertising

Trophy Depot Contacts & Informations

Trophy Depot

Posted:    nothing4money

Broken trophies/no refund & false advertising

Trophy Depot
trophydepot.com
BEWARE OF FREE SHIPPING CLAIMS...don't trust their large font boosts of 'Free Shipping on Orders over $95'...fine print will reveal this only applies to certain merchandise IF you order $95 of those 'certain items', otherwise, your paying shipping. (and do NOT expect any apologizies from this company for this deceptive advertising) Also, DON'T EXPECT ANY REFUNDS FOR DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE from this company unless you are willing to foot the bill for total return shipping expenses (basically, they'll send you $200 worth of cheap, plastic, broken trophies for free, but your going to pay another $100 shipping them back, with NO reimbursement, to recieve a 'full' refund -'full' minus your return shipping expenses & your time on the phone, computer, & in the post office line)
THROPHIES ARE MADE OF LIGHTWEIGHT CHEAP PLASTIC, if they are not broken upon arrival, they will be after 10 minutes in most children's hands. (McDonald's Happy Meal Toys are MUCH thicker & last MUCH longer) PLAQUES were tiny & POORLY CONSTRUCTED. They were made of partical board & the engraving plates were not lined up properly revealing a strip of raw partical board. 'FREE' ENGRAVING MIGHT give you enough letters to enclude team name, year, & "Thanks Coach"...IF your team name is relatively short.
This company, despite years of my loyal business (for my dance company & my husbands sports teams) has gone down in my book as ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES IN REGUARDS TO QUALITY, HONESTY, CUSTOMER SERVICE, & CONSUMER SATISFACTION. Look for an award company with a satisfaction guarentee, trust me when I say it IS worth paying a little more money per piece to ensure your kids get a quality product from a worthy company. (Or you could just torch your cash right now...at least you'll get a little light & heat for your money)
Comments United States Fitness / Exercise Equipment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of May, 2011 by   TROPHY DEPOT SUCKS 0 Votes
Just bought over $800 worth of trophies and they screwed up teh order. I called tehm on a monday and tehy were happy to fix teh problem and send it out right away and I will have the replacement stuff on wednesday. Gues what did not show up on Wednesday! I called tehm and after being on hold for an hour they said "oh sorry they forgot to ship it and it is still in the warehouse. " I asked tehm to send it next day air so I have it in time for my event and they said that they need a manager to approve that but they do not have one in the office tehy are in the warehouse unloading a truck and do not have time to talk to customers. TROPHY DEPOT SUCKS!
 21st of May, 2011 by   Music teacher of 26 years 0 Votes
To: Marian (last name?) and James Engravers (LTD)

From: Music teacher of 26 years

I' ve attempted to contact your company via email, postal mail, and telephone to resolve the problems with order #414964 and it seems that I am continually having to repeat myself to 3-4 different people each time and explain the problems with the order from the beginning. I am a frustrated customer who is asking for 25% -30% discount on my order to compensate for the errors made on the order this year.

1) I place the order via internet (website) on April 18th, 2011 and the order did not ‘process’ correctly from what I typed onto the interent order form.

a. The day I placed the order (April 18th), I called the company and talked to a female representative (DENISE) and told her via phone that none of the medals (total 51 medals) would accept the entire name of the school on line #3 ….it cut off the word, ‘SCHOOL’ and I had plenty of extra letters..SHE TOLD me that she would take care of it and that the medals would have the entire name of the school when I received them. She then explained that I needed to ‘fax’ the purchase order to the company before they could process the order…so I faxed the P.O. on 4/18 along with instructions on the fax to include the letters of the school on each and every medal. I have a copy of that fax to prove that I did that. YOUR COMPANY STILL SENT ME THE MEDALS WITH INCOMPLETE LETTERS ON THE WORD ‘SCHOOL’ ~THEY EACH READ, ‘SC’ OR ‘S’ ONLY.

b. Secondly, 17 out of the 19 trophies (#PCH50) that I ordered did not accept the individual student names on LINE #1. I When I received an email confirmation on the order placed on April 18th, seventeen of the trophies did not include the names of the students. I immediately called the company and told a female representative that I wanted to include all names of students for each trophy….DENISE (female rep.) told me to email her the names of students that did not ‘enter’ and she would take care of making sure that all names were put on the trophies. (I have the email to prove that I sent it to Denise) . The trophies came without the names for those 17 trophies..and then I received a letter with 17 name plates in an envelope….No instructions., or letter of explanation or apology for the internet order form error….just name plates….SO, I took an hour of time to place each name plate on each of the 17 trophies (on top of the existing name plates). Since the concert is tonight, I was forced to accept them AS IS. I do not appreciate being told that I should have taken OFF the existing plate and replaced it with the ones in the envelope. I should not have had to do this in the first place.

Because of the errors made on my order this year, I am requesting to receive 30%-25% discount on my order for this year. I sent a letter to your company explaining this, I have made phone calls requesting to have compensation and spent hours trying to resolve this. I have been hung up on by Marion (last name?) and told to call her back and have not been able to make contact.

At this point, I would like to receive an email (without having to waste more time on the phone with representatives) telling me what you plan to do to remedy this problem, if anything. My deadline to turn in an invoices for the year is : May 26th. In the meantime, I will continue to attempt to find out who the supervisor is of your company and or owner because I believe they need to know about this issue.

Sincerely,

Music teacher of 26 years

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"--Dr. Suess
 27th of May, 2011 by   $Georgia fAther" 0 Votes
Below is an outline of my complaint... short story is Trophy Depot needs a paradigm shift towards meeting the needs of their customers and not themselves. Posts like mine and others above will ultimately drive them out of business. In the electronic world, you can't get by anymore over the long term with treating customers like an afterthought.

Just a quick note to express both my disappointment and frustration regarding delivery of this product. I was assured on multiple occasions that the item would arrive no later than 5/24 after placing the order on 5/16. The evening of 5/24 I called to check on the status and was told for some reason the package had not yet left the warehouse (Note: this can't be blamed on UPS!). The agent spoke to a shipping manager while we were on the phone and he/she then assured me they would overnight the item for arrival on 5/25. Called again on 5/25 and UPS tracking indicated the item would not arrive until the 26th. I called yet again and asked that a manager contact me to discuss the various service breakdowns.

Finally, at 8:30 PM on 5/26 the item was finally delivered by the UPS courier. However, no one in a leadership role ever called back to apologize or listen to my concerns.

This may seem like a minor inconvenience... after all, the package arrived just 2 days late, so what's the big deal? When you have an autistic daughter who participated in an awards ceremony on 5/25 with no trophy in hand, it's a big deal. She cried, cried some more, and then proceeded to pitch a major fit. To say it was an inconvenience and simply a pathetic scene would be a major understatement.

Today is 5/27 and still no call back. Not only will I not order from your company again in the future, but I will go out of my way, both electronically and through traditional means to ensure others don't do business with you either.

Thanks for ruining such a big day for my child and for showing no empathy along the way.

US Mortgage Loan Fraud Predatory Lending