logo

PositionMEonline and Reeltime Media
Business in Trouble???
2. (26 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
3. (28 mins ago)
MTN
Cannot make contact with anybody at MTN
4. (59 mins ago)
Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper
5. (59 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

Scam

TravelNow.com
www.travelnow.com
Travelnow.com charged us for a cancellation that they confirmed in an e-mail which had been booked with them three hours prior. We also made a phone call to their customer care number and was told 'not to worry about it' since the booking had been made only hours beforehand. They say they have no record of the call but we have the confirmation number which they agree is their number but conclude that it will not be honored. I am hoping the Clarion hotel in MD (where we booked) will kick them off the ability to reserve list. I will not pay for a fraudulent charge. Do not use them, it's a scam.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Aug, 2008 by   Amy Stoddard 0 Votes
I just tried yesterday to order a flight from Denmark to Japan; $400 under KLM´s price on their site. I was sceptical, and with good reason. Six hours later they contact me with an e-mail that the fare was sold out (SURPRISE) and rambled about American Airlines fares were under $250 ...NOW WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT ??? They (AA) don´t even service Denmark/Japan !!! I told them that there must be some mix-up and that they could just annul my request. Then 6 hours later, they come back with an apology and told me the price was over $200 more than the first price. By now, I had learned my lesson and asked them to annul my order once more and demanded an acknowledgment e-mail from them, which I received hours later. As I see it, they advertise prices that probably never existed, just to lure us in... then they´ve got you where they want you. Either that, or they can´t get their "finger out" and act quickly. You can bet I´m keeping an eye on my bank account... and don´t dare yet order a legitimate ticket from KLM. P.S. And guess what ??? Very next day they had the old price up again... but I´m not that dumb...
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   ali321 0 Votes
I had a similar incident. I made a reservation for two rooms and cancelled well within the stated time to receive a full refund. They confirmed that my cancellation was received and forwarded to the hotel. I received a refund for only 1/2 of the charges after serearl hours of fighting with them about it they agreed to refund another 20% of what i was charged. I will NEVER do business with this company or any of their affiliates again. I filed a complaint with the BBB as well as my credit card company. Basically i was told that unless i screen print the cancellation process i am on the hook for the charges. It was clearly theri mistake but they do not stand behind the serive they are providing. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.
 27th of Jul, 2011 by   JenDPS 0 Votes
Travelnow has changed their name to hotel-and-discounts.com. Beware! All reservations made through this website cannot be cancelled.
 22nd of Apr, 2013 by   ed2pooh 0 Votes
I would not use this company again to book anything for me. I had checked out the website and then called to speak to a human. I asked for adjoining rooms since there were 8 in our party, did not happen. Found out upon arrival that this hotels did not HAVE adjoining rooms. Very disappointed at this point. Next we asked for a 1:00pm check out since this was a family gathering I wasn't sure how long we would be visiting, upon arrival I was told that we would be charged if we stayed past 12:00pm. Now upset. Lastly, we needed the couch beds that we were told were in each room, NEEDED them..., let's guess...upon arrival, not there. Now plain old angry at this point. It had nothing to do with the Best Western Hotel, they were just the host...it is the HotelReservations.com website and customer service rep that I spoke to that has me so upset. Don't make promises just to sell a room, I wanted what I requested and you apparently couldn't handle it. I will not use this website again.
 13th of Jul, 2013 by   TeChris 0 Votes
We made a booking through venere.com and when we finally received our itinerary after 4 attempts just to get the email address correct
we note it was connected to Travelnow.com. I have tried to get a copy of our itinerary using 3 different references and also a 1800 number without success.When you put in a reference even wrong it wont change just keeps going back to whatever you entered previously. My hotel knows nothing of venere.com or their participation in providing online reservations. I think this is a phishing exercise and i have authorized my bank to treat as fraud.
I certainly wont be using either of these two(2) online agencies(venere.com and TravelNow.com) again and suggest beware.

Minicard Scam