logo

eLoan.com
eLoan.com is a scam!
5. (18 mins ago)
Optimal Hosting Ltd
They didn’t create the website and no refund was provided

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TransTech Merchant Group, Fort Worth, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Credit card Processing

TransTech Merchant Group Contacts & Informations

TransTech Merchant Group

Posted:    Stop Lease Finance GROUP

Credit card Processing

Transtech Merchant Group
Fort Worth, Texas
Several Problems with this company

Yolanda Laws-Champaign, Ill(sales rep) forged my name on the contract.

Purposely withheld the contract from me.

Annual fees were not waived

Charged $59 for Discover card processing even though I already had it (double chargeing)

Had three year contract-It expired. They renewed it for me. Then tried to charge me $300 for an early termination fee.
Now they are ruining my credit rating and harassing me with lawyers.

GREG ABBOTT-States Attorney of Texas will hear about this...Transtech...I have nothing better to do except try to stop you.

Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Mar, 2009 by   Larry Blose 0 Votes
I had the same problem and they want 450 dollars to cancel mine. Larry, Blose Tool Repair
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   CLAIRE 0 Votes
NEVER TRUST THIS COMPANY. The Reps will tell you all the savings you can save, but its just their way of getting financial info from us. My account wa never activited and started noticing that i was being charge $7 debit fees ++$57 Merchant fees monthly. I did talk to the reps but was told they will charge for cancellatio. WORLD how is it possible when in the first place my account was never activated. I lost almost $1, 000 in this SCAM, WORLD BEWARE!!!
 30th of May, 2009 by   mike s +1 Votes
i work for this company for long time now tmg has thought us not only to rob coustmar and our agents also
rob is th key word in this company
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   gbeach +1 Votes
I had a similar situation. TransTech did not accept my application, and changed the contract. When we started using the service, they changed the contract from 1.46% to 4.2%, plus $0.12 per transaction to $0.27 per transaction without my authorization. Now they want $595 to cancel, and the contract states $495. Furthermore, they will not honor other parts of the contract, such as paying for the cancelation fees from the previous processor of $260.
This company is a complete scam!
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   Carol AH +1 Votes
I too am trying to cancel after completing a 3 year contract that was automatically renewed for a fourth year because I failed to give 30 days notice. I am hoping to report them to someone who can police their bad business practices.
 18th of Jul, 2009 by   StaffilesJN -1 Votes
I have been in the industry for a few years now and have work for multiple companies selling processing and to be honest the only one that allowed me to treat my Merchants with fairness was TMG. I will admit there are a lot of bad reps out there but that is true for any industry/company. I have had other reps fired for misleading people but as a whole they do what they can. Yes you will find horror stories about $99.95/mth for 5yr leases and that is the "first asking price" I have NEVER tried for that I ONLY go ether $49.95 or $45.95/mth max if its not a buy out of the terminal (much better idea for the price). The idea of annual fees I also never charge those they do get waived as well as the application fee (never charge that because if I do 100% goes to me and if I did my job right then I will still begetting at lest $200 for that deal the most I have ever got of one deal is one that was $450 and that's because it was self gen. and that mint that the $200 that would have gone to a appointment setter was mine to clam and it was still my usual bottom out deal were I would normally only get $250. So no not all the reps are bad in fact most are honest folks that are just trying to feed there families. So don't think that all reps are bad because of some bad apples.

Also a pinch of common since if the stories of the "contract violations" and the "federal regulation violations" were true even 1% of them TMG would have been shut down by the Feds and it Officers in jail. Just remember that any rep for any company can add there ideas of what they wish were true about TMG just so they can have bad PR which is why I am here this is were my current employer sent me to do just that but I refuse to do so. Also seeing it is not there "standing policy" to do so its just what they tell everyone to do unofficially to keep there jobs ya it could add up quick.

So beware of the Doom Sayers because if it were as bad as they want to to believe the company would no longer exist.
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   Stop Lease Finance GROUP +1 Votes
NO true Staffiles, look at a company Lease Finance Group. They have over a 1000 complaints with the chicago BBB, open case files with LIsa Madigan's office, several open lawsuits against them. They are still in business. So with all due respect, you don't know what you are talking. Put your tie on, buff your shoes, get in your Toyota, and sign up small businesses. Make your $200 commission. So do me a favor, get lost. I am not leaving. I will spend every waking moment of my life to stop companies like Trantech and LFG and reps like you that lie, cheat and steal just for a few hundred buck commission. Pathetic Reps!
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   coryjv547 +1 Votes
well i am a young man and i am jobless i came across this company on a website that they were hireing for reps and i have sent in an app. for a position and have training on mondy but ran a criminal background check on one of the "recruiters" and he has criminal charges agains him in the year 2009 should i back out of this before i even get started and make a report cuz these guys have my address social and everything in that matter someone please reply
 1st of Aug, 2009 by   Stop Lease Finance GROUP +2 Votes
Look Cory its a big world. you can do what you want. but i dont have a wife and family. I will not stop until Transtech, Nationwide and LFg are stopped...
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   Paul11 +1 Votes
After 4 years of working with TransTech, well beyond my contract obligation of three years, I called to cancel and move to another processer. I have called on several occasions to complain about increases to my fees and asked them to be competitive with offers I was getting from other processors. They then told me I would have to pay a $595.00 termination fee. I asked "for what?". They had no answer except that I have to cancel effective on my aniversary date in order to avoid this fee. Evidently, if I had canceled my three year contract I would have paid the same fee as canceling my automatic one year extended contract.

Beware of this company as you would be with any credit card company. The industry is full of crooks and theives and their contracts are full of "gotcha clauses" designed to force you to stay with them reguardless of their service/performance.
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   MISZTEE 0 Votes
I have been working for the company for 2 months now. I was not given adequate training and I did tell some people things that weren't true. It's not that I was literally lied to by the company, but I wasn't given ALL the information. I absolutely hate thinking that I misled someone and have even offered to take money out of my own pocket for a couple of businesses that I became friends with the people. But, now that I do know more and more of the actual #'s, I still sell with a clear conscience. Maybe not as much as my superviser would like, but I do still make sales. Please contact me if you work or have worked for TMG as I would like to know more about the company and I would like to know what these merchants statements look like at the end of the month.
 13th of Nov, 2009 by   Randy's Cycle Service 0 Votes
Reported Nov 13, 2009

My business has used Transtech Merchant Services to process our credit card transactions since Feb 2005.; They have always charged high statement fees but until trying to cancel the service (moved to PNC merchant services) they have been nothing but a headache.

On Nov 5, I faxed my cancellation letter. Nov 12 at 8 pm ET (we're not open that late) they called about "discrepancies" in my letter. I called today at 2 pm ET. After the usual 10 minute wait for someone to answer and then the 3 or 4 more minutes to be transfered to the correct office. The person who called didn't bother to say what dept they were from or what # to press to get to that department, just an extension that doesn't work.

When I did get an "account agent" I was informed it would cost $500 to cancel the contract. I asked where in the contract does it say I'd be charged $500. The contact, paragraph 27 says "to be charged no less than $300 to cancel." I now realize that can mean they can charge you ANYTHING they want. I was given the option to cancel today and pay the $500 or cancel in Feb 2010 and pay $36 a month in monthly fees for Nov, Dec, Jan & Feb. Guess which I choose?

When I questioned the account agent about the charges, her tone became increasing agitated and forceful. Then she broke into a ghetto-accent. Obviously asking where it says in my contract I have to pay a monthly fee gets an account agent angry.

I asked for something in writing from Transtech of which I was told Transtech does not nor will provide anything in writing regarding this phone transaction. The call they made on Nov 12 was merely a courtesy. They could have canceled the contract on Nov 5 and charged me the $500 fee, according to my lovely agent. My language in the Nov 5 said I was not renewing the service. I guess that means the same as cancel IT NOW even though the contract expires Feb 2010 and I have to give you 90 days notice, which I am doing.

Be careful of how you word your cancellation letter to ANY credit card processing company. They'll screw you any chance they get. At least Transtech will. Plus the ghetto attitude is always a nice touch in a business environment and the unwillingness of a business to put a cancellation acceptance in writing.
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   Donna JM 0 Votes
Everyone here has complained about this company, but no one has said what they have done to get out or even if they did get out of their contract. I just got scammed myself, and the rep lied about everything!! The bottom line? I signed the contract so its legal and binding.. and they got away with it!!! Now, what are the merchants to do about this except to put up with this crap? Its not fair, and all I get is "didnt you read the fine print lady?" ...So, what are you supposed to do ???
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   Stop Lease Finance GROUP 0 Votes
Donna, call me balloon creations urbana illinois. i had a problem with transtech, nationwide processing, total merchant services and lease finance group. i had some help. i got out with some..its a long story just find me and call me..
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   wunder 0 Votes
ok here goes,
I know trans tech has a lot of bad press out there, i can say i have been with them for 3 years as a rep, i have never been told to lie, cheat or steal from a merchant, i always make sure the merchant understands the terms of the contract before it's signed by the merchant. We are one of the only merchant services providers that actually gives you a 30 day grace period to back out of the commitment, every other company is sign and you're locked in. I'ts like every other industry, you get some people that misrepresent and lie to get ahead, I know my parents raised me better than that. I make a good living without decite, maybe I have work harder than the dishonest reps but I can sleep at night. I get a lot of referals from my satisfied costumers they are 20% of my sales, do you think if we were as bad as all the press I would be getting these referals...a referal is biggest compliment you can recieve. Check out other companies press, it's all the same, all about dishonest reps...we're NOT all like that
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   Stop Lease Finance GROUP 0 Votes
Look Wunder...good for you. but i won't stop until your company is stopped...got it. i don't have a wife and family to support so i can make this my life. But Transtech, first american payment or whatever name they change to evrey two years will feel me coming with or without Greg Abbotts help. Your state attorney...better not say anything...luv ya :)
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   wunder 0 Votes
best of luck, btw gregg abbott is not my states attorney

12th of Jan, 2010 by   Suzette in Florida 0 Votes
I just finished training with TMG Friday and a little yesterday. I went to 2 appointments today, the first had a wrong address and the other I rescheduled until tomorrow morning so the owner would be free. I am still feeling my way through this and reading these comments is helping me to make sure that everything I do is upfront and honest. I have been in sales for the last 20 years but never this type of sales. However I did own my own retail business for 4 years with high ticket items. I know that what I was paying (with another processing company) was really expensive and when my store had a fire and I was out of business I was still required to pay the monthly fee for the machine (insurance didn't pay that). I really don't think the fees I was paying were any different from TMG, I think there were very similiar and it was a very well known, Nationally known, company.
So, I am not sure of anything just yet but these posts, as I said, will help me to remain on top of my game so that I don't do anything unethical, dishonest or unfair.
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   Stop Lease Finance GROUP 0 Votes
Suzette, the credit card processing racket is that-- a 'racket". Not controlled by any governing body. Visa and Mastercard control more of the world than we know. Hundreds of billions of dollars feeding the US congress. You are just a peon. You might they you help people but what you will really do is rip people off. Its not you but the business you are in. You are probably a two household income. 2.4 kids, dog and cat. You have to work...i am no better than you. Luckily my responsiblities are my car and dog. I can live on boards like this one and tell people to stay away from Lease finance group and Transtech/first american payment systems...
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   Ronnie Lynch 0 Votes