logo

FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
4. (6 mins ago)
BMW
winning of lottery 500,000 Pounds, asking personal details and bank account nos.
5. (6 mins ago)

Toms River Transmissions Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2011-02-11 by    Rocky

Stay clear

Toms River Transmissions
After receiving (late) a "rebuilt" transmission from J.R. at Toms River Transmissions the real problems began. First off, don't be as stupid as I was and pay via check in advance as J.R. requires. They won't accept a credit card, (where you can dispute charges for defective products), and now I know why.

My transmission was professionally installed but operated properly for all of 10 miles, (3rd gear failed). J.R. the Toms River owner refused to consider a refund, sending a replacement, covering shipping or any other costs to remove/return/reinstall the bad transmission. J.R. refused to acknowledge responsibility.

J.R. defaulted to his "no excpetions" process of sales. He hides behind slick terms of sale provisions hidden deep within his web sit. He asserts that as a buyer you are bound by those terms even if you were never on his site, or agreed to anything. Take legal action? "my attorney, who is also my sister looks forward to it" was his written reply.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Toms River Transmissions complaints
Toms River Transmissions - Beware

Comments

11th of Feb, 2011 by   tomsrivertrans 0 Votes
Our Better Business Bureau rating of B+ tells you the impressive reputation of this company. We strive to solve all problems with customers and tried to do so in this case.

The customer was to return the transmission to be inspected, under the terms of the warranty, but refuses to do so. There is no way we can determine any problem without opening up and inspection the transmission internally. Without doing this we can not even determine if there is a transmission problem. He wants us to accept his opinion and HIS mechanic's opinion its an internal problem with the transmission. Perhaps it is, but we need to inspect the transmission to confirm this.

Many outside factors can cause a transmission not to function properly. Computer related, wireharness, bad ground and improper installation are some of these factors. Proper procedure in installing the transmission is just as inportant as a proper rebuild. Converter must be installed properly, cooling lines must be completely flushed as well as other factors can cause problems to the transmission.
Without inspection the transmission we can't even be sure there is a transmission problem. Perhaps the customer want to keep a working transmission and also get his money back.
Having an attorney in the family helps conciderably in dealing with such problems. I am very proud of this and we talk often on many matters.
As for credit cards there are many scams on the internet concerning them. We once delivered a transmission, paid by stolen credit card, and lost both the funds and transmission. We will not get burned again.
I look forward to my day in court and telling the judge, we were never given a chance to inspect the transmission to determine if there even was a problem to begin with.
Sincerely,
Toms River Transmission
 3rd of May, 2011 by   Rick Hofstetter 0 Votes
Update:
Having been stuck with the defective Toms River Transmission with the cost to remove and ship back and forth exceeding the cost, I purchased a transmission from another provider. Feeling that I had been "taken" I had a local transmission shop evaluate the Toms River Product. They told me all I had purchased was a low quality "repair and pray" product. My "rebuilt" transmission had numerous worn out parts and was basically junk. I communicated this information to Tom's River Transmission and offered to supply all the documentation. They have never replied and I have now filed a complaint with Ocean County Consumer Affairs.
 3rd of May, 2011 by   tomsrivertrans 0 Votes
Since we have been servimg the Toms River area, including all of Ocean County for the last 15 years, we also have spoken to Consuner Affairs, and this customer seems to be the only one to complain that his transmission was never rebuilt. Our reputation speaks for itself.
I wonder what that says about this customer?
If you take into account the many transmissions we have rebuilt and the one's we have shipped over the years, these complaints are less than half of one percent.
Thankyou,
 5th of May, 2013 by   JN5696 0 Votes
My transmission also failed. 2, 000 miles. . I personally picked up the transmission at a storage unit, ‘” The Specialist” location. It was installed professionally. Here is my story: My son, a college in upstate N.Y. had no other choice to bring his Pontiac Grand Prix to a repuatable AMMCO transmission dealer in Albany New York. They lowered the pan and seen a massive amount of filings and had a shift code. We contacted Toms River Transmissions, and then two days later, I was told that the warranty was void because the transmission pan was lowered. At this point I knew that I was ripped off. The cost to have the transmission removed and transported to the” The Transmission Specialist” and to have been told the warranty was void was not an option. I decided to have the transmission repaired at AMMCO, after a complete breakdown of components we were told that a thrust spacer was missing causing the inner bearing to grind and making the metal filings, and clogging the shifter sensors. Be careful what you buy from this guy, he don’t take credit cards for a reason!
 30th of Aug, 2013 by   Kyle salmon 0 Votes
I have purchased a transmission from toms river.
When called about it not going in reverse and not shifting into over driver, was told that's not their problem because the old trany wasn't sent back to them. They are a rip off and I will not be buying from them again.
 26th of Feb, 2014 by   ford in virginia 0 Votes
i also got a toms river transmission it was the wrong trans.for my truck and JR said that i ordered the wrong trans and if i would like to pay for the right one he would be happy to build me another one for $1200.00 more
 25th of Apr, 2014 by   F Grajeda 0 Votes
Sounds like a standard mode of operation for this rip-off business. We ordered a "rebuilt" transmission and received a piece of junk that didn't work, period. Tranny didn't shift and made a loud grinding noise when vehicle in motion. Toms River Transmission rep said, send it back and we'll look at it, at your own cost. We took the tranny to a repair shop and are having it rebuilt for $1600. Their were no new parts in the TR trans. Buyers beware, stay away from this scam or possibly suffer the same experience.

Identity Theft Strikes 1 in 8 Adults