logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
2. (17 mins ago)
SOAPOSH
money taken, but no goods received and no replies to emails
3. (31 mins ago)

BAD PEOPLE

THRIFTY CAR SALES
Clearwater, Florida
THRIFTYCARSALES.COM
THRIFTY CAR SALES OFF US 19 IN CLEARWATER, FLORIDA IS THE WORST DEALERSHIP IN THE AREA. THRIFTY SELLS VEHICLES UNDER LIMITED WARRANTY THAT IS NOT HONORED BY THE SNAKES OPERATING THE BUSINESS. FOR EXAMPLE, MY VEHICLE STARTED EXPERIENCING ELECTRICAL DIFFICULTIES TWO WEEKS AFTER PURCHASE. THRIFTY TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO WAIT ABOUT 3 WEEKS TO BRING IT IN DUE TO THEIR SHOP BEING BOOKED FULL. WHEN I BROUGHT THE VEHICLE IN, THRIFTY MANAGERS WERE RUDE, TOLD ME THEY WILL LOOK AT IT WHEN THEY CAN, AND GIVE ME A CALL WITH THE RESULTS. I CALLED FOUR TIMES TO, I BELIEVE I SPOKE TO DAN AND SOME GUY NAMED BO, AND FINALLY AFTER 3 DAYS, THRIFTY TOLD ME THAT I HAD DONE SOMETHING TO THE ELECTRICAL SENSOR AND THEY COULD FIX IT FOR A LITTLE OVER $600 DOLLARS.
I ASKED ABOUT THE WARRANTY. BO OR DAN TOLD ME THAT THE VEHICLES WARRANTY HAD EXPIRED AND THEY WILL CALL THE POLICE IF I KEEP INSISTING THEY FIX IT.
PEOPLE...PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE AND I HOPE THE POLICE COME FOR THE SNAKE MANAGERS AT THRIFTY. YOU CROOKS STEAL MONEY FROM DESPERATE PEOPLE AND THEN LAUGH AT US FOR WANTING WHAT IS RIGHT. I REALLY HOPE EVERYONE AVOIDS YOUR DEALERSHIP AND YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS. YOU ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO MORALS AND TAKE MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS WHO YOU ARE DISHONEST TO. YOU ARE REALLY BAD PEOPLE.
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jun, 2009 by   Dan Rasoi -1 Votes
Rick you clearly have never been in charge of any company or you would know that you cannot please everyone. Even though I have a few complaints I have thousands of happy customers. None of the people on here have yet to call and explain their situation or prove to me that we were clearly responsible for fixing something and didn't. Some of the people on here did not even buy anything.

SOME FYI

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE TOOK THE TIME WRITE A REVIEW DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE!
YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON SOMTHING ELSE OUTSIDE OF ADDING YOUR TWO CENTS
EVERYTIME SOMEONE POST SOMTHING. IF I NEEDED A CONSUMER ADVOCATE I
WOULD OF HIRED ONE.

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP YOUR PERSONAL COMMENTS THAT HAVE NO BEARING ON AYNTHING TO YOURSELF

DAN RASOI
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   Rick Houston Jr. 0 Votes
Dan,
I enjoy it when a mongoose catches a snake and by the comments there are a lot of mongoose's after you.
Your comments, "YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON SOMTHING ELSE OUTSIDE OF ADDING YOUR TWO CENTS
EVERYTIME SOMEONE POST SOMTHING. IF I NEEDED A CONSUMER ADVOCATE I
WOULD OF HIRED ONE.
DAN RASOI", really show how immature you are. Your reputation is tarnished and only you can polish it up. The comments degrading people along with your business ethics is why I keep posting showing the consumer what type of owner you are. You are a young man that has not matured into a respected business owner and it shows by your comments and your dissapointed customers along with your defense and ridicules of anyone that posts. Grow up and become a man of your word and not a little boy lying his way out of trouble.
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   Lisa Gomez +1 Votes
I agree with the custmers.

Thrifty has a huge amount of complaints despite what the manager Dan is replying and stating.

The customers would not write negative statements about service and treatment if there was nothing to back it up. My sister is looking for a used vehicle and I told her to look up consumer complaints on every dealer before she visits. She will not be visiting Thrifty.

There are a lot of complaints on every complaint page you can find across the web. The horrible service, bad management and disrepect of the consumer are reasons to stay away.

Thank you for taking the time to warn us before we made a huge mistake.
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   GApeach 0 Votes
I know where I will not purchase a car!
The answer is ...Thrifty Car Sales in Clearwater, Florida.

Thank you so much for the reviews.
Thrifty, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
 20th of Jun, 2009 by   Tommy T 0 Votes
Bad service plus bad people.
They are getting what they deserve.
 21st of Jun, 2009 by   Anothy Cox 0 Votes
The military base tells the newly assigned to beware of Thrifty car sales.

There have been numerous issues with the service, and horrible management. There are so many complaints, why would one try their luck with this shady company.
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   Roger.M 0 Votes
I have been there and have been abused by the same treatment along with the rest of the posters.
I wanted a fair deal after losing my job and rebuilding my credit. I received nothing but a headache after the deal was finalized.
The service, the lies, the deception, the poorly run business is an after effect of a person who buys from Thrifty Car Sales in Clearwater.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   Amb007 0 Votes
Thank you everyone for your posts.
I was contacted over the phone with an acceptance for a loan from Clearwater Thrifty car sales.
I will disregard and find a dealer more trustworthy.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   Tracy Johnson 0 Votes
There seems to be a lot of complaining on mistreatment and deception on Thrifty in Clearwater.
Why don't people contact the BBB or an attorney ?
This is misrepresentation of a liable document along with falsification.
People seek the help of a professional and get your money back and stop this dealership from continuing business in this unethical manner.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   Public Advocate 139 0 Votes
This company has already been investigated time and time again with no negative reports. I work for a company here in Clearwater that work leads from people like all of you. This company has represented itself in every way it claims to. Our company work with other government agencies like the BBB as well as attorney who represent clients attempting to file suit and all suits have failed and been proven to be false.

Our company has placed what you would call "mystery shoppers" in this dealership more than a handful of times since September of 2008 and every report from our shoppers has come back positive and with high recommendations. All of our mystery shoppers are unannounced, and unidentified to the companies we investigate. I myself found Thrifty to be a good dealership with very good customer service. The only complaint I can honestly say that I had, was I waited for an hour after submitting my credit application before anyone can back with an answer for me, but at the same time there was also 5 other people there waiting as well. While I waited, I was offered coffee a handful of times from different employees in the dealership. Thrifty received an "A-" in my report, AND only lost points for the number of sales people versus customers.

The fact of the matter is; there are a number of people on here that seem to have something to say, but have no experience with the dealership. I have read the complaints on the other site online and after running searches through IP addresses, come to find there are several from the same place or person. A lot of the time it is the competition or former employees that will post these kinds of things to seek revenge or to claim the business of the competition. Through our research over the years and over all of the sites available for complaints we have found that the majority of these are nothing more than people with no real knowledge of the actually business and theses complaints are classified as "bullying" the businesses. It is unfortunate for the business that are essentially the “good guys” to be ridiculed, bullied, and misrepresented b a number of other people and business trying to compete for the same customers.

If you are seeking a good dealership to get a good used car, Thrifty Car Sales is one of the top rated through our company. If I was in the market for a used car or I had the issue with my credit that the majority of their customers seem to have, I WOULD purchase a car from this dealership. The majority of the complaints on these sites are bogus, repeats, repeated from the same IP addresses, and from people who have no real experience with the dealership. Thos of you who say you will not buy there simply because of the comments; you are missing out on an opportunity to get a quality car from a quality dealership. What we always like to tell people is; do not judge anyone or any business until you have that experience yourself. Go to Thrifty, if you have a bad experience pleas email me at conumeradvocate139@gmail.com. Those of you that have actually visited Thrifty, post a comment here of your experience so others will follow in your lead.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   Public Advocate 139 0 Votes
I apologize for the typo, the email address is consumeradvocate139@gmail.com
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   Jonnie 0 Votes
No thanks.
I wouldn't take the chance.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   robertsmiythe 0 Votes
>>I have read the complaints on the other site online and after running searches through IP addresses, come to find there are several from the same place or person.

This is a boldfaced lie and you should be ashamed of yourself. BTW, you are scamming 18-25 year olds, they know what an IP address is, and they know it isn't publicly visible when you make posts on the internet. Maybe that line would work on old people.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   robertsmiythe 0 Votes
>>The majority of the complaints on these sites are bogus, repeats, repeated from the same IP addresses, and from people who have no real experience with the dealership.

there's that ridiculous lie again. LOL!
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   Public Advocate 139 0 Votes
I am sorry that you feel that my statements are lies, but the fact of the matter is, not a single on is a lie. We have agreements with many other companies that allow us to find the information we need to properly do our jobs. IP addresses are visible as long as you have the proper equipment.

If you knew my job and you knew how we do things, you would know that most of these sites do track IP address and we can obtain that information from the site owners. The site owners know who post different comments under different emails and different screen names from the same address.

Our job is done with pride and with the highest degree of honesty to protect the customers who are actually in the right and to protect the businesses that are being wrongfully accused and mistreated like in this case. Had we found negative information about this company or any others we state the information found whenever necessary.

As I stated before, anyone that has positive comments about their experiences about Thrifty Car Sales, please post them on here to give the company the proper respect they deserve. We have found that the majority of the comments are from the same IP addresses and from the same people under many different names. In our investigation we have also found them to be false and nothing more than revenge from someone unable to acquire a vehicle from the dealership.
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by   piersons 0 Votes
I agree totally with the complaints. I am having issues right now. The car I bought has a leak in the windshield seal and I took it in a month ago to have it fixed. First it took about an hour for BO to finally agree to give us a loaner car, (have an extended wrranty) the when we went to get our car it was "fixed". Now that it has rainded again, I found 2" of water on my floorboard. When I called Dan he told me to bring it in and they would look at it "as soon as possible". I asked if there was any way that we could get a loaner he told me that they were down a mecnic and had 12 cars in line. Yes I said 12 cars, and all of there loaners were out. I told him I felt this was unacceptable as this is the second time in two months that this same problem happened, and he told me "Well you are the one that bought a used car". Then he told me that if I didn't stop being rude that he would just refuse to honor the warranty! That is against the law isn't it? Then he said to go to another dealer and he would"try to absob the cost" if not then I would have to pay. Well now I will just go to my insurance company tell them the problem and let them tell me what to do, because I don't want to have to deal withe the JERK Dan at Thrifty Car Sales or should I say LEMON CAR SALES in Clearwater FL.
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by   piersons 0 Votes
Sorry for the bad spelling, just not really happy right now.
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   motherof3 0 Votes
I myself had a great experience with Thrifty Car Sales. I had gone to dealership after dealership to try to get a car. Every other dealership told me I needed a co-signer or I would have to put down $5, 000 in order to get a car. I walked in to thrifty and had a car with in a few hours and they worked with me on my down payment and allowed me to make it in payments. I got a newer car than I thought I would be able to at a better price than I could have imagined. I took the car to a friend of mine to have it checked and it passed with flying colors.

I have never been more pleased with a purchase I have made, and after dealing with all the other scummy dealerships around I was completely surprised to have such a great experience with Thrifty.

Thank you Dan, I appreciate everything you did to help me and I will be back to see you again when I am ready to buy again.
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   Sheila Hunt 0 Votes
I bought a Trail Blazer from Thrifty a year ago. Although I had problems with the cooling system (and I did buy the extended warranty) I found the people at Thrifty to be very helpful and professional. Last month, I had a problem with my car-brought it in to Thrifty and they not only remembered me and my daughter, but, again, went out of their way to help me out. I would (and have) recommend Thrifty Auto Sales in Clearwater Florida to anyone looking for a used vehicle.

I did work with Bo and Dan and like them both.

Sheila Hunt
Tampa, Florida
 12th of Jun, 2010 by   beachbumcowboy 0 Votes
all l have to say is l got what l needed and im happy.

Cecil County Credit Card Fraud