logo
search

Telecheck TRS Recovery Service, Jackson, Mississippi Complaints & Reviews - Fees

Telecheck TRS Recovery Service Contacts & Informations

Telecheck TRS Recovery Service

Posted: 2012-01-06 by

Fees

Sam's Club
Jackson, Mississippi
On December 21, 2010, I wrote a check for $84.70 to Sam's Club in Jackson, MS. After a week I noticed that the check had not cleared my bank account. I called my bank account and was told that the check was written on a block of checks that had been reported to the bank as missing. Evidently, I had reported the block of checks as missing in early 2010 and forgot about it. I found the checks and used them. As soon as my bank told me what had happened, I called Sam's Club in Jackson, MS, and was told I had to contact Telechek. I called 404-890-2000 and got Mae. I told her what had happened, that it was not a check for insufficient funds and explained to her what had happened. I wanted to pay for the check with a credit card immediately because I had never written a bad check and did not want it turned over for collection. She told me she could not to anything to help me - could not take a payment -but the check would be submitted to my bank again. She advised me that I would need to have the bank do the paperwork to remove the block so the check would go through when resubmitted. I immediately went to the bank to have the paperwork processed to remove the block on the checks. Today (1/6/2012) I received a notice of unpaid electronic fund transfer. When you attempt to call any of the numbers they give you, you cannot talk to a person. Also, they were charging me a $40.00 fee for the debt. This is a debt collector and they do not care about the consumer in the least. Because I had the number I previously called, I dialed it and got - guess who - MAE. She had documented (because I asked her to)that I had called in December wanting to pay the $87.40. She denied telling me that the check would be resubmitted for payment so I asked to talk to a supervisor. A supervisor, Christy, got on the line and told me the only way I would not have to pay the $40.00 was to have my bank send a letter saying that I was telling the truth about the checks. All they have to do is look at the check. It is not stamped ISF. She would not take a payment over the phone and said she would have to transfer me to the Forgery/Fraud Dept. There would be a fee of $5.95 to pay by credit card and a fee of $11.85 to pay by bank draft. When she transferred me to the Forgery/Fraud Dept. I was on hold for about 3 minutes and then the line disconnected. (It was 4:10 DST in MS) I attempted to call back several times and never got through.

I do not think it is fair that I be charged all of these extra fees and have a bad check placed on my name when I have been trying to correct this since two weeks after I wrote the check. Who regulates these debt collectors anyway? I would like a name so that I can take my complaint as high as I can.
Kay Moulder
kaymoulder@aol.com
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Congratulations Youve Been Scammed