logo

Express Credit Auto
Awful experience
5. (38 mins ago)
Country Club Vacation
C for country club or cheater's club

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Tax Resolution Services, California Complaints & Reviews - Unable to complete process

Tax Resolution Services Contacts & Informations

Tax Resolution Services

Posted:    naiive single mother

Unable to complete process

California
I hired TRS over 3 years ago and they have yet to have my case resolved. I paid $5, 000 to have an Offer in Compromise submitted (that's already .25 cents on the dollar). They accepted payments over a 10 month period, but did no work at all until the entire amount was paid. My case has now been in appeals process with IRS since October of 2008. My current case rep at TRS (it has changed 5 times) tells me the IRS is the reason for delay. As of Aug 1, I now have to pay an additional fee of $1, 500 or they will no longer represent me. This is not right. I can not believe they do nothing and then charge you for what are supposed to be IRS delays. Additionally, they did not stop (nor did they make any attempt to stop) the IRS from issuing a Tax Lien that appears on my credit reports. So, after 3 years, still carrying a monkey on my back, my credit is in the toilet, and the company that is contracted to resolve the issue is demanding more money - immediately.
Comments United States Tax Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Nov, 2009 by   offering my .02 cents 0 Votes
I am familiar with this company as I hired them to handle my tax matter. I was explained by the individual handling my file that an Offer in Compromise can take a year to complete and that liens on credit or property can not be changed or dischargd until the debt is satisfied. They did protect me from wage garnishments I was threatened with as well as bank levies threats my wife was receiving in the mail. My Offer in Compromise was accepted and I thought they did a great job and delivered exactly what was presented to me. If this is the same company the complaint is detailing, I am surprised she had an issue.
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   charlie brown 0 Votes
You don't Need these people, Talk to the IRS YOURSELF, remembering that you have to be almost destitute to get any kind of settlement from the IRS.

I just heard this commercial on Glen Beck's radio show and he was pitching them HIMSELF.

As I have said numerous times, DO NOT trust any of this type commercials, no matter where you hear it or who promotes it.
TV & Radio ads and internet ads are the biggest scammers around today.

Virtually ALL the FREE TRIALS, JUST PAY S&H are HUGE SCAMS!

WATCH OUT FOR COMPANY SHILLS PRAISING THESE SCAMMERS!!
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   Tax Resolution Services (RIP OFF) 0 Votes
This company ( Tax Resolution Service Co.) is a SCAM !!! They do not care about you or what you are going through. I suggest that you deal directly with the IRS as well. I have been counceled and the IRS are the only ones that can really help you make decisions. This world is full of con-artists and Tax Resolution Service Co. (TRS).in Encine California is a scam in my opinion. They did get to me... Now I am even more upside down and lost. Don't loose your hard earned money for nothing...It is hard enough in this world right now... So go straight to the source and see what you can work out... That is my next move... David from Texas.
Lets just hope and pray this world will work together instead of against each other...
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by   JenniferH. 0 Votes
Don't you people know that dealing with the IRS is very hectic, stressful and could be a long process. For those individuals that have PATIENCE and follow the lead of a firm such as, in the end it'll be all worth it. Who has gotten themselves in the situation? You expect to hire a firm and the matter to dissappear overnight? (I don't think so) the problem didn't happen overnight. If again your patient comply with the firm in which you have hired you'll have no problem. Everyone knows this, of course there are illegitament companies out there, that's why you always RESEARCH a company before you hire especially with such a sensitive situation as so and one who you are investing money into. Look on the BBB, google search the company, CEO ask questions! Don't just jump into a situation without knowing and complain after the fact because you didn't do yourpart.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   slamvirga 0 Votes
JenniferH, how much does TRS pay you?
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   cincity57 0 Votes
I worked at Tax Resolution Services for a few months and although it was a stressful job and I did not particularly like it, I can assure you they are not scammers. Most of the delays I experienced were due to clients not returning our phone calls and not providing documents we needed to present to the IRS. You must remember that people with tax problems usually got themselves into the mess and there is no magic bullet to fix it. Also, when clients first contacted TRS, they weren't 100% honest when presenting their problem. One client who didn't bother to file tax returns for TEN years, told me that she simply didn't have time to do it. Then, she got made at me because I wasn't able to wave a magic wand to make her problem disappear. If she wanted to resolve her problem, she must file tax returns as a first step. A few clients were true hardship cases but the majority were people who felt it wasn't necessary to file tax returns or pay taxes. Then, they expect miracles. The company works within the law and honestly does try to help their clients. In most cases, they are successful in getting clients reduced liabilities.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   Harry S. 0 Votes
Check online for respected tax resolution companies, also on BBB website for A rated companies.

There are few legit firms that are owned by tax attorneys, or CPA or EA. They are the only ones who could represent you.

Check this do not fall for scams report by Mike Habib, EA http://www.myirstaxrelief.com/files/tax_negotiation.pdf
 10th of May, 2011 by   John from Korea 0 Votes
TRS has had my case for over 8 months now. The 5k is spent on them would have been better sent directly to the IRS. TRS told me 3 months ago that the IRS would be contacting me and that a payment plan had been agreed on and that the payments would start coming out of my checking account soon. That was 3 months ago. Now all I receive from the IRS are letters of Seize and Levy. I will have to deal with the IRS on my own.

TRS is a scam.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   Follower of Glenn, Shawn and Rush 0 Votes
i paid them $5000 to deal with thei irs. they were to stop a levy for $35000. I could of resolved the account with the IRS for $3, 500 but I dont owe the original $35000. TRS did nothing. 2 weeks after I paid them the $5000 the IRS took the 35000 out of my bank account. TRS is very friendly and professional until they have your money, then they don't know you.

Stay far away
 25th of Jan, 2012 by   john dole 0 Votes

bad bad company - Tax Resolution Services

SCAM dont use them Call another company
 3rd of Nov, 2013 by   beckyellen 0 Votes
I hired TRS to do both State and IRS taxes. All paperwork was done on time and complete. They received full payment on time. They did not make sure a payment to the IRS was credited correctly which caused a letter for wage garnishment to be sent to my employer and I almost lost my job. They did not return two phone calls to the State Attorney Generals Office which the first once caused liens to be placed on my property. They second one they were taking me to collections for. I had never been contacted about that situation from TRS. Six months later they are still telling me they are looking into it. They cost me several thousands of dollars with the state and I could have done as well with the IRS on my own.

It is scary to deal with the IRS but these people are NOT the ones to use.

Why The Rich Stash Money Offshore