logo

Celcom
Worst Customer Service
3. (18 mins ago)
broadwaytour.net
They took money for the tickets and never contacted me again
4. (19 mins ago)
MISLEADING AND LIES - I KNOW BECAUSE I WORKED THERE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

T & B sales Advanage wonder cleaner, Avalon, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - bait and switch

T & B sales Advanage wonder cleaner Contacts & Informations

8405 Avalon
Avalon, Georgia
Phone: 877 258-4029
tbadvanage.com
I purchased a cleaner from two salemen who came to my door. They cleaned a bit of the brass on my door that I have been trying to clean for years, by spraying a bit on the door, then rubbing with a soft scrubber. In seconds my brass was gleaming! After they left, I went out to use this magic cleaner, only to discover that it did not work, no matter what I did. I tried to contact the company through email, and had no response. I stopped payment on my check, since I had bought a magic cleaner, that turned out to be scented water. Today I got a call from a check agency, who had me call the company. They gave me all sort of arguments, such as I should have cancelled my order within a 3 day period. I was ripped off, and they think that I should follow their procedures! I will fight them on this. If they had sold me what they used on my door, I would not have complained! Someone needs to find out what they use in their spray bottles, as it must be toxic, and the sales people don't wear any protection!
Comments United States Cleaning Services / Laundry
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Nov, 2009 by   KSL 0 Votes
11-03-09 - I, too, was ripped off by their fast talking, big smiling salesman. I paid $36.95 plus tax for a cleaner that promised to do magical things. He performed his magic act in my daughter's driveway and I paid him with a check and was given the product. Unfortunately, I am a sucker for any sales' pitch that says the proceeds go to underprivileged children. I did not and will not try to get my money back but I hope that by my writing this, you will not be burnt as I was.
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   Desert Angel +1 Votes
Someone just stopped at my door to sell me this - boy she was a savvy and fast talking girl. As soon as I said I wanted to look this up online and research and then asked her to come back tomorrow so I can buy it she was out of here like a bolt of lightning!
 13th of Feb, 2010 by   M2010 +1 Votes
2-13-09 We just a had a run in with these salespeople. We paid the $78 and change for two bottles. THEN, after we looked online and came across this and other people's concerns. My husband didn't waste a second running out the door to return the bottles to the boy and get our information of name/address. Well, you can imagine the boy's attitude. He was very, very upset and began cussing and telling us how we ruined his paycheck and the like - VERY different from his attitude and fast talking at the door when he was selling!! He supposedly threw our paper with details at my husband. I was advised by a fraud investigator to call and file a report while they were still in the area. They didn't have a license to sell in our state, besides that I didn't even have the product long enough to verify about the ingesting it and it being harmful or the fact that it worked or not. I have learned from this experience to just say 'no" to solicitors.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   Bryan Etherson +2 Votes
Unfortunately the "Kids" are trapped by the company. I know because I was one of them. "If you don't sell, you don't eat" that's the motto. I never tried to trick anyone. I explained to everyone I spoke to that Advanage is a good, environmentally friendly, cleaner, not a miracle cleaner. You want a miracle, go to church. So I didn't eat very much. I suffered under Tim Burgess (Owned/operator of T&B Sales) for 6 months when they left me in Norman, OK. Thank god for small favors and family, my brother drove 6 hours from Portales, NM to rescue me. I hate T&B Sales! They stole hundreds of dollars from me, and then they tried to strand me in Oklahoma.
 24th of Jul, 2010 by   SUPPORT121211 -3 Votes
I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 3 YEARS AND NO ONE HAS EVER RIPPED ME OFF OR ANYTHING. REASON WHY U HAD SUCH A BAD OUT COME IS BECAUSE U PROBABLY DIDNT MIX IT RIGHT. AND THE REASON WHY THEY LEFT U IS BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY WASNT ON THE PROGRAM U DIDNT EAT BECAUSE U DIDNT SAVE THATS YOUR FAULT I KNOW I EAT GOOD STEAKS AND ALL.
 10th of Sep, 2010 by   Chrystee -1 Votes
I live in Webb City, MO and I had a young girl come to my door as well, fast talking and all. She explained the product to me and then demonstrated it to me as well, using it on my brass door handle and my walk way then told me how safe it was for my kids. I was almost a sucker for it until she tried pushing the Green Apple solution on me even after telling her that my 5 yr old son was highly allergic to anything containing apples even something with an apple sent, then got upset when I told her I wasnt interested. I asked for the website and she got exstreamly mad and started screaming at me telling me that I was taking food out of her kids mouth and asking how would I feel if she did the same to my kids, ( who are 5 and 6 and were standing there the whole time) I was so angry I told her to leave or I would contact the police. Never again will I answer the door to a solicitor!
 10th of Sep, 2010 by   Lola531 0 Votes
Just happened in Blue Springs, MO also. Fast talking woman running around my yard and driveway cleaning and scrubbing away. Told her no cash and she said we take checks which I fell for. Bought the product, then researched afterwards and found they also clean out your bank account. Stopped payment on account and closed account. Called company to cancel order within 3 day timeframe and they said I needed to send in receipt. Told them the people just left an hour before and gave me a cell phone number that nobody answered. Have learned my lesson - will talk to no more salespeople at my door.
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   m.b.1. 0 Votes
Just happened in Cincinnati although the man claimed to be from MO. Nice guy, fast talking though. i never buy anything from solicitors but i listened to his sales pitch. was inpressed with the particular bottle he used but i too had my doubts. after telling him that i wasn't interested until i looked into the product, he asked me if my husband only married me for my looks. he would've lost his sale right there. i told him that no, he didn't but he stays married to me becz i don't spend our money stupidly. he didn't like my response and left to work on the next house. i went right to my computer and found all these complaints. love the internet!!
 26th of Sep, 2010 by   riotgrrl 0 Votes
These guys are operating in the Norman, OK area right now. My mother got scammed by them yesterday (a Saturday), same story as everyone else, a charming, fast-talking african american kid got her to buy four bottles of this stuff for over $100. I was in the house at the time and saw what was going on out on the driveway, and I had this "feeling" that it was some kind of scam & almost went outside to chase the kid off (mom is far too nice to do that kind of thing, but I'm not ;) ), then thought better of it figuring that my mother is an intelligent adult who can make her own decisions. This slick little punk must've been good because mom usually does not fall for this kind of thing. After doing some research, I advised my mom to put a stop-payment on the check she gave the kid and have her bank account number changed first thing Monday morning.
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   mandeena +1 Votes
Well, I have to say after reading all of these comments... I feel lucky that I had quite the opposite experience. A man was walking by our house when my boyfriend went out to get the mail. The man asked him for a moment of his time and gave a short demo of the cleaner out by the sidewalk. When I came out with our dog the man walk right up to our Anatolian Shepherd and started petting him. This was a sign to me the man could be trusted. Our dog is a natural guard dog and spot shaddiness from a mile away. I listened to the mans sales pitch and watched in wonder as he cleaned our sidewalk, siding, and windows all with the same spray bottle. I decided to buy a bottle and asked if I could smell the lavender scent. He kindly explained that there was a protective seal on each bottle to ward against the salespeople tampering with the product, but he would gladly open the bottle I purchased and show that it was the same product. I've been using this cleaner for well over a month now at home and at work and have been nothing but pleased with the results. After telling some people at work about some of purchased the product as well with no issues what so ever. Could it be that the crew operating in Johnson City, TN is just honest and actually doing what they are intended to do???
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   NickyLynn 0 Votes
I, too, was just visited by a fast-talking, young girl. She constantly complimented me on everything from my Halloween decorations to the highlights in my hair. I would not allow her to come in, so she proceded to clean my concrete porch with her "miracle" cleaner. After 10 minutes I politely told her I would have to speak with my husband when he came home from work before purchasing anything and asked her if they were on the Internet. She said yes, but I was not allowed to keep the pamphlet as she needed them for other houses, even though she must have had hundreds of them. That set off a warning bell, and when I came in, I looked them up and found all these complaints. Im just glad I didnt allow her into my home and didnt spend any money.
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   DIANA TURNER -1 Votes
I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I'VE HAD THE CHANCE TO USE THIS CLEANER TWELVE YEARS AGO AND I MUST SAY ITS THE BEST THING THAT I HAVE EVER USED FOR CLEANING MY HOUSE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE SENSE I HAD A SALES PERSON AT MY DOOR BACK IN 1997 I HAVENT USED ANYTHING DIFFERENT. SO THANKYOU MICHELLE FOR SELLING ME MY FIRST BOTTLE OF MAGIC POTION I WONT USE ANYTHING ELSE EVER!!!
 19th of Nov, 2010 by   MadisonGirl 0 Votes
Isn't it curious how the positive commenters on here all type in upper case. Hmmm. Wonder if they know each other.
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   Rob84 0 Votes
yeah i was impressed by the product this fast talking guy was using cleaning my windows and permanent marker off of a rag. So i fell for it and bought the product thinking it was pretty good stuff. As soon as he left he didn't even leave a receipt and was gone. I try the purchased product on stuff and even put marker on a rag and scrubbed and nothing. Then i new i was scammed. Maybe i will stop my check.
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   kristal804 0 Votes
I was very impressed with the product and i feel good that it is safe alot of people on here lie to just agree with the next person but I bet u still use it... Which cleaner ever knocked on yo door to show you it works if thats the case ask them to mix your bottle for you so you can see... Windex nor any of them toxics work but i bet you still use them with no complaining you just sometimes judge a book by the cover and never know the background...Wow are we really getting so low that we cant see the bigger picture these are inner city youths doing something positive.. Instead of standing on corners or doing anything harmful... But hey we all need to grow up why dony yall give it a chance
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   C.Miranda 0 Votes
I have to say I am very pleased with this product. Yes it was a bit more then I cared to spend, but once I saw the results on my grout I was sold. It works! I am pleased with all of its uses and I had a very nice experience with the two people that came to my door. They were very nice funny happy and I enjoyed talking to them. Plus the bonus I got a great cleaning product.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   james_Brown11223 0 Votes
t&b sales treated me like a slave i tried to work my tail off for them and when i produce enough sales for them they fired me they put us in crappy hotels they teach us to lie cheat do whatever u have to do to get a sale after all if u don't sale u don't eat.they take homeless and non-working youngsters and give them jobs only to mistreat them for viewing pleasure i was excited to have a job but easily one of the worst expierences of my life fuck u tim burgess
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   Mr. Bill O'Reilly 0 Votes
A salesman by the name of Kenny he was very funny and charming he demostrated how it worked he even licked the product came to my door about three weeks ago. He told me advantage cleaned any and everything he even told me it worked to keep bugs off plants so i bought some and tried it for myself. As I expected it did not work so I called the company and they said my refund policy was up a couple days ago.and I would not get a refund i paid by check because i had no cash and salesman said i could do so. I was surprised that when i checked my account I had insuffienct funds and money was missing from my account. I plan on taking legal action against T&B sales and Kenny the salesman who sold me the product.
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   A.J belcher 0 Votes
you think that's something what they do to there employee's is worst. they expected us to sale 6- 20 bottles of that stuff a day. They teach young people tactics that are supost to get people to buy. Although i have used the soap and it actually works to my knowledge i can say that some of the things salesman tells you it works for it dont.
After a couple weeks of working with that company i realize that i didnt like it. It was hard for me and my fiance to get out due to the fact that we owed the company so much money because our sales were not what they wanted them to be. we had traveled to a whole nother state with expectations that the company was everything they said they were. In all actualliality they never paid us the whole three months we were there cause our sale were not high enough and every week we owed more money. They finally got mad and sent us home or so we thought. they arranged for us to ride back with there recruiter to detroit from texas and he ende up leaving us in tennesee with no money and no way home. T&b sales is a rip off all the way around for customers and employee's.
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   CZAR -1 Votes
I baught this product I dunno a year or two ago. Just now running out of my product. I love it. WROKS AMAZING and i am buying more soon.
I dunno why you guys had such issues. I use purple and green and love it. Cleans my kitchen like no other.

Sorry you guys might not like it but it is a good product. I use my own spray bottle one third product the rest water and works great.

Beware of WiFi Scammers!