logo

PositionMEonline and Reeltime Media
Business in Trouble???
3. (1 hr 9 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
4. (1 hr 11 mins ago)
MTN
Cannot make contact with anybody at MTN
5. (1 hr 42 mins ago)

Sunoco A-plus gas station

Posted:    Merry1

child working

Sunoco
On 8/22 I visited a Sunoco gas station. I went into the station to pay by credit card. Behind the counter was a clerk, who was busy sorting reciepts, and a girl approx. ten years old. I presented my card and was surprised when the child took my card and preceeded to run the transaction thru the credit card machine. To add insult to injury, she made a mistake, and at that point the clerk interviened. It took her 10 minutes to rectify the problem. In the meantime the child continued to wait on customers. The clerk did not seem concerned in the least that this child was doing the transactions. I did not say anything to the clerk not wanting to upset the child Is it Sunoco's practice to emply children? Sunoco A-Plus 527 Southwest cutoff, Worcester Mass. Time 10:50 am Merchant #H35421374001 Trans. 08262 Approval 022429 Trans ID 274406
Comments United States Gas Stations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Sep, 2008 by   Don Colborn 0 Votes
I just wittnessed a Citgo Tanker filling the tanks at a Sunoco Station. Is this normal? I thought Sunoco gas was a better grade than Citgo. Is this legal?
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   Don Colborn 0 Votes
I took pictures with my camera phone. I am going to try sending them to Sunoco. They probably couldn't care less.
 17th of Sep, 2008 by   Larry Salley 0 Votes
Good Day,

I agree and also have a complaint to file myself, using this forum because I can not find a separate complaint link.

I have been a Sonoco customer for the pass ten years. I do not drive but I buy coffee and other food stuff. There is a clerk at Sonoco #7550 ( merchant #h336420050001 ) who exhibits a negative attitude toward some customers. I stood back and watched her cheerfully greet mainly white customers with "have a nice day" while treating black males with indifferance and thinly vailed hostility. This person works the morning weekday shift. I am 56 years old and will not put up with this kind of foolishness. There are too many places to spend my money very close by. However I must say the rest of the employees are fantastic and treat and greet everyone the same.
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   j910gale 0 Votes
my complaint is i got gas at 4am station #7474 in eastlake ohio vine street 44095. i used my debit card at the pump put my pin # in. pumped my gas and went home. got home and i went on line to check my bank balance. here sunoco debited my account for the amount i debited twice!!! i called to speak to manager and guess what not their pboblem. the manager told me she had no way of checking the records of customers!!! WHAT? how do they keep track of business. i called my bank they can file a charge of fraud but that means cancelling my debit card and waiting for a new one or i can go back to the station and try to get them to reverse the charges. i think my chances of getting sunoco to reverse charges are slim to none. it may be worth it to file a fraud charge and wait for a new debit card. thanks for listening. j.n. eastlake ohio former sunoco customer.
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   Hosea Kingsley 0 Votes
I've also noticed a young girl running around and pumping gas at a gas station on the New Jersey Turnpike in Woodbridge. I stop there daily and seen it often, she had to be at least 10 years and looked very scrawny and unkept, I felt sorry for the poor girl! One day I did ask the worker who the girl was and if it's okay for her to be running around a parking lot frequented by many truckers, I was coldly told to mind my own business. I drove to the side of the station and went inside asking who the manager was and was told that the guy named BJ that punped my gas was the store manager. When I went home I called in a complaint about the man, and also called The Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS) and the labor board to see exactly what was going on there and suggest others do the same. Many may believe I done the wrong thing but I done it for the young girl, having a young daughter myself I don't see how any parent could allow their child to use a heavily populated truck stop as a playground. Soon after I seen the girl no long there and the manager gone too, I just hope they just didn't ship them off to another station.
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   US citizen 0 Votes
I recently went out of my way to buy Sunoco gas (as I asways considered it Premium gas) on 2/14/10. The store location was 5420 Rte. 38 West Pennsauken, NJ 08109. I decided to pay in cash and presented $40 to the clerk and told him I wanted $30. He came back to verify that it was $30 and my wife restated it as well. He started pumping gas and the next thing I noticed he was at $32! I told him to stop and he continued to pump to $33. He definitely knew what the English word "stop" meant but continued to round to the next higher dollar. So much for the excuse of not knowing English! He was either Arab or Indian descent and spoke with a heavy accent. (I guess this was another job we had to recruit overseas for as no Americans could be found who are competent enough to pump gas!)

The pumper came back to the car with only $7 in change. I proceeded to argue the case that it was his fault that he did not stop the pump. Needless to say, there was no owner or manager available and everyone's name seemed to be Singh.

If this occurs several times a day. They can rack up a sizable profit margin on THEFT in the course of a year. I explained this to Sunoco HQ and no awaiting an answer. By the way, a police report was filed on the spot.
 8th of Jun, 2014 by   Jonathan Demers 0 Votes
6-8-2014 Customer Action Complaint-Towards Ian Borelli Jonathan Demers
Assistant Manager at
150 Pelham Street Methuen, MA 01844

To the Board of complaints concerning sunoco leadership accusations. My name is Jonathan Demers A concerned customer, who has deep concern towards Mr. Ian Borellis Leadership skills. Qouate I am a privately contracted Federal Employee for the Internal Revenue and am not a vaigrant.
Over the years I have been a conveniently well satisfied customer As far as shopping go's. But what Ive seen as a customer is sick. I am typing to tell you that I have been witnessing Mr. Borelli on numerous occasions Talk viciously towards people in ways that are cruel manored.
The only way I have factored this, is thrue various customers that have told me information on this subject. From what I witnessed All I can tell you is Mr. Borelli has been on numerous occasions been encouraging vagrancy towards the homless, not to mention playing sick minded games with Two individuals that are on sunoco police file. Such as first names like Bill and Ralph.
Mr. Borelli has been encouraging these people the customers to befreind them and has various ways of saying nasty jokes to me about them. As a former security officer, I am shocked in what I see in this mans leadership skills. At the station itself in my mind the homless are not people to be situated with in any such manner.
Playing im your freind but not really does not cut it when it comes to the homless. A few things come into situation such as if Mr. Borelli can play sick games with vagrancy like that what is he capable of next. I am a person that shops there due to the hours and the whole point is of this document is to let people know I dont want any more homless people being talked down about or hirt.
sincerly a loyal customer to the convienent location of your store Jonathan Demers.

witnesses:Customer Jonathan Demers

:Employees 2 please contact me at Thanks!!!

Advice From 1998 - Laid Off