logo

VIP Membership Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sun Cellular PostPaid Complaints & Reviews - Unknown GPRS being charged to account

Sun Cellular PostPaid Contacts & Informations

Sun Cellular PostPaid

Posted: 2011-05-27 by    dswashington

Unknown GPRS being charged to account

Sun Cellular
Philippines
facebook.com
I had been a Sun Cellular subscriber for over 5 years. Last April, I received a text message saying I can claim a loyalty phone again when the 2-year contract expires. It means I will get a brand new phone of my choice, and renew my contract for a locked period. I chose a Nokia C3-00. Since I have a P600 plan, the holding period was shortened from 30 months to 24 months. So he gave me the phone and I was happy.
Then came the problem. Halfway through May, I received a text saying my account has reached 70% of my credit limit. I was surprised because I am a regular payer, and my average consumption is only around P800-1000 a month. My credit limit is P3000.
I called customer service and they confirmed that I have data charges of P1400 in the latest bill, and more in the unbilled charges. WHAT!???? I asked for a reversal. I am positive that I did not use this service. After several exchanges of emails and 2 phone calls to a call center (called once at 3PM, asked to speak with a supervisor, the agent said they do not have one), still the charges were not reversed.
I have read from several blogs that similar instances happened to them; would opt to cancel the account but since I just renewed, I would have to wait for 2 years.
I seek help from anyone - NTC, Digitel management, media - to help us subscribers be cleared away from this scam.

Sun Cellular PostPaid

Comments Philippines Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Jan, 2013 by   Sheilamarie 0 Votes
my sun prepaid card nama malala bakit d ako mkatawag at makapag tx ehhh my load naman ako ang laging sabi my out going call and messages is temporally suspended pls settle ur balance eh wala nmn ako balance dahi prepaid card gamit ko till now d ko mgamit sim card ko. ano ba gagawin ko dahil sim ko my deperensya at d phone
 11th of Jan, 2013 by   Lorainez 0 Votes
SUPER REGRET talaga bakit pa ako kumuha ng Sun Plan- wala gyuy klaro- ang daming hidden charges -
Pangit pa ng service. Yung Tab nila sa Plan 600 ay nako, wala pang 2 weeks, ayaw ng gumana...poor quality - Sana ayusin naman nila yung serbisyo nila. nakakaloka talaga.
 7th of Mar, 2013 by   rhonihon 0 Votes
hello manesperanza.

What happened in your complaint in NTC? I experienced the same experience with sun cellular.

After few months of receiving the bill, I was surprised to get 2000 discount in my bill but still, I don't plan to pay for any of it because I didn't use that service.

Thanks!

Rona
 21st of Mar, 2013 by   Grrrrrrr!! 0 Votes
May nagraise na po ba sa NTC? I would like to file a complaint as well..
 21st of Mar, 2013 by   Grrrrrrr!! 0 Votes
Hi did anyone file a formal complaint na s NTC?
 26th of Mar, 2013 by   ToperERoles0814 0 Votes
Just this Month I Have 330 GPRS billing from SUN. Dahil Kahit Handset settings di ko pa na activate. Meron na po bang formal complain sa NTC?
 1st of Apr, 2013 by   MaxiPie 0 Votes
i've been a sun postpaid subscriber for over 3yrs now. recently, my sun postpaid line was cut, just before the holy week. When i inquired, it was due to data charges, we have internet connection at home. they said that they'll investigate it if it was a valid charge or not. i'm still waiting for their answer w/c they said should be within 3-5 days. i definitely won't pay my bill unless they reverse the data charges. this really sucks!
 4th of Apr, 2013 by   Jennie Cherr +1 Votes
Hi everyone.
I would like to make a FORMAL COMPLAINT against Sun Cellular.
I'd like to state facts experienced by all of the customers including myself.
Sun Cellulars are very good with their Marketing Strategy but very poor when it comes to their after-sales service.
I'll start a campaign then I'll be needing signatures to confirm that we are not satisfied with their service and unwanted charges so we can grant a dispute or reversal with all of their charges with us.
They've been very inconsiderate and I have been still loyal with them. But today, I am very dissatisfied and I will be taking some legal actions to stop Sun Cellular from making a fool out of their Customers.
We are the customers. We provide income to the company, and in return they should give QUALITY SERVICE.
Tell me, who's in?! ü
jenniecherr@yahoo.com
 15th of Apr, 2013 by   Grrrrrrr!! 0 Votes
Hi you may submit your complaint through this: http://www.ntc.gov.ph/complaintpage2.php
 16th of Jun, 2013 by   hitohito 0 Votes
Punyetang unbilled charges yan san ba nanggagaling yan??!!
 25th of Jun, 2013 by   rockerMD 0 Votes
so apparently I am not the only one... andami na natin! it's beginning to be a trend... :(
 3rd of Jul, 2013 by   SunCellSucks 0 Votes
can anyone please enlighten me on what is going to happen if i discontinue paying for my SUN cellular bill? My contract with them has not yet ended but I don't want to use their service anymore.

I would really appreciate it if someone would reply. Thank you.
 6th of Jul, 2013 by   chahchacha 0 Votes
the sun service really sucks. to top it all, the managers are very stupid and aren't qualified to fulfill their job description! poor suncellular sunscribers
 14th of Jul, 2013 by   vianne 0 Votes
hi me too my poket wifi plan was already disconnected last feb.2013, but the problem is my bill is still on going without using the service :( what would happened if i wont pay it ?because i already talked to the sc we have agreement that i can pay installment for the unusing service for 3 months then i already paid for the first patial payment for termination then i was there yesterday for the last payment for terminantion of my plan then the girl made my blood so high because of adding any payment again what would i do?
 28th of Jul, 2013 by   bhing35 0 Votes
Same here i got two plans from them the worse thing also they charge me more than i used, i do have plan 450 for my sun to sun out going calls and plan 999 for my unlimited internet connection in lieu of my sbw plan 649 due to the tempting promotions of tablet and phone, i made the switch last feb 17, 2013 but before doing this i talked to customer service re the internet connections of the new desired plan, they telling me it is better it has now 3.5mbs compared to 2mbps, even its mobile internet its same with its new sbw plan so i transact with them get the tablet and phone. The first month of used i do have now this problem, i only get edge connection even i placed their sim to sun broadband stick, i relay this matter to them and always asking to provision my account, they said they already do that, but as the user of the account still i only get edge connection, my location is in BGC area. Another thing i noticed to my two billing statements, calls made to my plan 450 was charge to my plan 999 and it reflect my bill go beyond its limit and charged me of additional 1, 204, i made complaints but regarding to them its a valid transaction of my plan 999, i insist that i didn't used my plan 999 to made sun to sun calls, i do have plan 450 to accommodate all my calls to sun, and i cant accept the result of their investigation, so when my due comes i only paid what my monthly obligation, unexpectedly they suspended my plan 999 and the only thing needs to reconnect my plan is to pay the 1, 204 so i did pay, even against my will. They are too greedy, and the customer service are not attentive to attend consumer complaints, pakabig sila all they want is to grab money from their subscriber baka wla ng mapasweldo.

I called NTC and ask how to file formal complaints to Suncelluar they said, i have to email my complaints, attached my billing statement, that's what im planning to do now, their email add ntc.ospac@yahoo.com maybe our complaints should be heard by them.
 4th of Aug, 2013 by   LechePlan 0 Votes
I've been a sun postpaid subsriber for almost 5 years under P 450 plan. My observation are the following:

1. On the balance inquiry, their reply statement presents amount not including the 12% VAT. This was misleading.

For example, if you are under P 1, 000 plan and inquire of your latest consumed amount for any given monthly period, the electronic reply might state for example you have unbilled amount of P 800.00 EXCLUDING VAT. If you are not aware of this simple tax term, you may think that you still have P 200.00 remaining amount for internet, pasaload, calling another network and other features that may consume the said amount.

At the end of the month, you may inquire of your latest unbilled balance. Lets say for example you consumed all the remaining P 200.00 as you presumed that this is still within your postpaid plan. So the reply will include the following: "As of 08/31/13 (example only) your unbilled charges amount to Php 1, 002.25 exclusive of VAT, adjustments, OCT, one-time charges and roaming charges". You may think that the exess P 2.25 is negligible.

On the following month, if you inquire your bill for the last month you may be surprised that the balance reply will be as follows:

"Your latest bill as of 08/31/13 is Php 1, 122.52."

The amount already includes the 12% VAT. So now you just need to pay the additional P 122.52.

If im not mistaken, according to the Revenue Regulations, all statement of account or bill should include all related taxes such as VAT. If the balance amount does not specify whether it was vat inclusive or exclusive, the amount would be treated as vat inclusive.

Paano pa kaya yung mga under P 2, 000 plan. Paano kaya sila.

2. For the last couple of months, I monitored my daily balance. I compare the electronic balance every last day of the month against my bill every first day of the following month (balance inquiry thru text).

There are amounts that I can't explain. For example, I inquire my balance on the night of July 31 (based on real event). The amount was P 399.77. If im going to include VAT, the assumed payable amount should be P 447.74 (399.77 + 12%). This means I have no other amount to pay except my monthly plan of P 450.

When I inquire my balance on August 4, the text shows the following:

Your latest bill as of 07/31/2013 is Php 593.95.

Nyeeek...!

So it means I need to pay another P 143.95 (593.95 - 450).

I always check that the mobile data and gprs set-up of my phone is off. We have internet in the office and I use smart internet at home.

Sino kaya ang makakapagpaliwanag sa akin sa nangyaring ito except sa customer service rep. ng SUN. There might be other subscriber that experience the same situation.
 19th of Aug, 2013 by   Jimmy Tenerife 0 Votes
i will file a lawsuit against this company. I only had the plan for 2 days and it has already been disconnected. They have so many misleading advertisements and i am not happy at all. Unlimited calls and text is already not available because i consumed my limit. It is not Unlimited after all and it would have been better getting a prepaid sim if this is the case. I am now in Makati and it has been flooding all over the country. I cant call home in Bulacan and check my family's safety because they said i have already gone beyond my limit. The typhoon Maring has prevented me from going anywhere outside my office even if i am stupid enough to pay any outrageous charges at this moment. This has been a very stressful situation and the customer service i spoke with has not helped my cause.
 1st of Nov, 2013 by   Agor 0 Votes
Ang pangit ng sun Cellular, fuck you!
 4th of Nov, 2013 by   joey12345 0 Votes
Count me in! Punyetang Sun na yan -- bale wala ang 8yrs plus loyalty ko. Ayoko na! Kahit may 6 month plus pa, ayoko na dahil nasulit na nila sa 2 months lang na sunod-sunod overcharging sa roaming!!!
 5th of Nov, 2013 by   erroneous 0 Votes
Meron n po bang nagreklamo. Count me in - karlov@yahoo.com

I applied for 999 unli data plan with unli sun txt and 4hrs calling. I called cust svc and wud like to know how much time ive left - no way dw to check, self monitoring dw!

Less than a month in d plan, mobile data jz stopped working. It wont tether, it wont connect to the net.

I cnt use d phone in fear of reaching my call cap. Now i cnt even use d effin thing to get in d net kc ayaw n dn mgconnect! Put*&^/$ lng tlaga.. bkt pko kmuha ng plan n to. Display nlng ung phone!!!

Another Hidden ATM Bank Card Fee Scam