logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Zong Tower
Installation of tower without permission
2. (5 mins ago)

Stratford Career Institute

Posted:    Lucy

Rip off

Stratford Career Institute
I was pregnant and wanted to finish my schooling and get my high school diploma. So i went through the stratford career institute. And yesterday i was signing up for college, and i found out that my diploma is pretty much fake. Ypu cant use them for anything, such as college. And we called the stratford career institute, and they said i signed a contract knowing this, and i NEVER signed not a paper for this school. I just turned 18 years old, and i have a 6 month old daughter, and i was trying to better my life as well as hers. And now i can not do that because this school is a rip off. Im very upset! i want my money back, and i want my high school diploma, that i can use to get into college, not a fake one!
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Jul, 2010 by   MarieDH 0 Votes
I read the contract with Stratford and it states that you have to be 18 to apply for the courses. I took five different courses and received my certificate through them. I have been able to use the courses I have taken to get into nursing school. I am now finishing up my LVN program.
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   meggs1986 0 Votes
I took the PC REPAIR course through these guys. I have had my books and exams to over 5 different computer repair shops that all told me that most of the things they are teaching you, you dont need to know. There is so much useless detail that it lacks the common pc repair aspect! They tell u that u get the most updated material and mine is from 2003. THATS 7 YEARS AGO! sorry but anyone who knows the pc world knows how much it changes in 6 months..let alone a hole 7 years! On top of that they tell you that anyone can do the course even if u know nothing about computers..The first module looked promising, but then comes the second one..where there are big words with no definitions, and if there is a definition in the back of the book it uses bigger words to describe the big word your looking up in the first place! Also i dont know who comes up with the exams, but its so phony, no wonder you cant use their courses for anything! They make you give answers to questions based on THE CLOSEST BEST POSSIBLE ANSWERS! so if u ever needed to look back in ur exams to get an answer to something..it would be pointless because it wouldnt be the actual answer...it would be one of the multipul choioce answers that was closest to the real answer! UUUGGHHH...this course makes me sooo mad..600 dollars later..A WASTE OF MONEY!
 1st of Feb, 2012 by   Ashley's Mom 0 Votes
I just put a complaint against them yesterday...RIP-OFFS. They will be fine as long as you are paying them. My Husband gotten laid-off and I was unable to continue to pay...and they are "TRYING" to sue me. I cancelled after one month and sent back there books and they say, you signed a contract so, you have to pay!!! The supervisor, hung up on me!! LOL, Who is ever reading this "DO NOT SIGN UP THERE!!!"
 31st of May, 2012 by   Angrymama56 0 Votes
The same thing happend 2 me.Stratford is a scam, they told me that I could get in a collage by taking an exsam.I totold them that I was not going to continue with the program its a scam and I called my bank to stop payment.We all need sue the crap out of statford and get our money back and close them down.most of us have a family to support sos
 25th of Nov, 2014 by   Miss Amanda 0 Votes
All of these negative comments are probably fake. So many grammatical errors that I don't think any of these people complaining could even make it at McDonald's. Just plain Idiots or spam?

Hackers Target BBB