logo

SCAM

STOP REPAIR BILLS
Missouri
mrbrightidea.net
Well, After about 20 mins of talking they pressured me and kept doing it!, Started at 300 for intial set up then went too 50 ! I knew right away! Well they transferred me, continued to call me a liar. I told them i would call back after i found out about company, Well better business bureau rates them a F! after i said check your better business bureau he brought up walt disney world as a rating of a F of course there lieing! He continued to call me over the week and again and again! finally i said hey quit lieing and leave me the blank alond before i contact a lawyer for harrassment!

This company uses high pressure tactics! And from what i no about this company, All they are is a scam, They may help in small ways but in the long run DO NOT SIGN UP

Email me if you need to know more
Seank124@sbcglobal.net

Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2009 by   proudmama47 0 Votes
I purchased an extended warranty from this company and have been very pleased so far. I have had to use it once when my transmission went out and it was pretty simple and with what I saved has already more than paid for itself!
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   Waverunner16 0 Votes
thats good.

I am saying from a long time sales worker. When someone trys to bait ya into a deal, its a scam, There better business bureau is a F/ They still are calling me 4 weeks after i told them no.

And transmisson shouldnt cost over 2 grand! and they want 4 or so for a full coverage.

So when they asked me hows my truck running and i said good, they said well you are under full coverage congratulation.

Come on, no check at all.

Also gm and my local repair shop will not cover anything under these companys/ Take in mind i live in the same county as there in.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   kimcbhills +1 Votes
i purchased the warranty 36 days ago and my car was running fine. and he says you havent had any problems and i said no so then he offers me the warranty the down payment was out of my budget so he lowered it to $95.00 and i was told because i had 87000 miles on it i couldnt make a claim for 30 days and 1000 miles had to be put on it as well so here it is 33 days later and 2700 miles my car breaks down on the interstate it just stopped accelarating. i had it towed to a ford dealership where they pd. 50 i had 21.50 for towing. so they check the car out and turns its a torque converter and 1800 in repair cost the dealerships calls in the warranty and they denied my claim for payment why because i was only 4 days out of my grace period. a torque doesnt go bad over night or in 4 days. i feel that i was mis led because not once did he say the 30 days was a trial period. he only said if something should happen to your car within the 30 days it wouldnt be coverd. so i told them they scamming people for money and she says we have 1000 of satisfied customers so with tears in my eyes i slammed the phone in her faces. that just doesnt seem right to me.
 7th of Aug, 2009 by   c.sharabi 0 Votes
Guys stop repair bills is scam. Watch they are full of shit and lairs. I got scam by $3, 000. My brother called and he got same deal for $1800. I was trying to cancel my policy but the give me so much hard time and bad customer service. finaly i got my money back after i hire lawer. never ever believe them.
 7th of Aug, 2009 by   c.sharabi 0 Votes
kimcbhills get a lawer and you can sue them. I got my money plus my time and my lawer money.
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   rkakill 0 Votes
I set up a policy a month ago. $150 down payment and $120/month for 2 years. Had to have small repairs done to my car and decided to cancel the policy because I wanted to just get rid of the car. Just got off the phone with customer service...after talking to 3 people (and getting yelled at by the first guy) they finally tell me to send a written letter to cancel my policy. I didn't even sign a damn contract and they want me to send a signed letter in? They said they would send a contract in the mail and all I get is paperwork to set up the monthly payments through MEPCO Finance Corporation. Total BS. Spread the word that this is a SCAM!!
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   Doesntlikesales 0 Votes
I have known people who work for this company and have come out of work crying because their service reps will yell and curse at them if they refuse to push the customer until they hang up. Their policy seems to be "get the money or make them hang up". And the "financial managers" that they hand you off to? Those are just reps sitting next to that guy, they think if you hear a different voice that you will assume it is higher authority when it is not. These people honestly compromise their morals for a commission check.
 11th of Aug, 2009 by   Ron Poor +1 Votes
I called just or the hell of it and they got really indignant when I wanted to get off the phone and ck on them, They really brought on the highpressure, they discounted it from 250.00 down to 50.00 said I would have to pay the first amount if I hung up to ck on them and on an on an on until I finally hung up. Anyone who gives their credit card # over the phone without checking out the company first is a fool. and if it sounds too good to be true, Well you know the rest. DONT BE NIAIVE WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY.YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER IS MONEY. look at these pages first, and if they dont want you too, it is a scam
 16th of Aug, 2009 by   flconsumer 0 Votes
I called to get a quote and was fortunate to not experience what others have claimed to experience with this company. However, thanks to this blog site, I decided to check them out and others like them before making any commitment. I went onto the BBB website and did a search for this company on their national database. As it turned out I did not like what I found. I realize all companies have complaints against them, but when you read the details it is too much of a risk with this one. I found the same to be true with Mogi. However, I did find one company which is accredited with the BBB and has an A+ rating called Easycare. They too had many complaints, but the difference is they made attempts to resolve them with their customers and were successful in doing so for the most part. There will always be dissatisfied customers no matter what the company does. I believe that we as the consumers are responsible to make sure we know what we are getting into. It's like the old saying goes "Look before you leap". Take the time to research these companies before putting out any money, especially when you have so many people complaining about them.
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   Johnnyalden 0 Votes
My car is covered through this company for another four years and about 80, 000 miles i've used my policy twice in the past year, on an alternator and a transmission. The transmission would've cost over 2, 000 out of my pocket. My policy was about 3, 000 total and with the intrest free payment plan they've payed more than I have. ALSO I DO NOT PAY A DEDUCTABLE! And i have free towing and a free rental car. It sure is strange how everyone wants to talk bad about a company (that they don't even know about), but you never hear the good things. Wesco, The insurance company paying my claims through this company has a bbb rating of A and an AM best rating of A!
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   n.ACURA03 0 Votes
kimcbhills ...Did they eventuall pay your claim...I just bought the Mogi Policy and its day 1 out of the policy so now im scared how long did they say you should have waited ..if its a 30 day trial not grace period...I hope that ended up paying after you complained right..
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   ARIANA YAMBAW +1 Votes
I SIGNED UP FOR THIS EXTENDED WARRANTY ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND MY FIANCE TOLD ME TO CANCEL BECAUSE HE THOUGHT IT WAS NOT RIGHT FOR US BECAUSE HE IS A MACHANIC...SO TODAY i CALLED AND TRIED TO CANCEL MY POLICY AND i TALKED TO THIS LADY FOR 45 MINUTES BECAUSE SHE WAS PRESSURING ME TO KEEP THE POLICY...I ASKED HER 25 TIMES TO JUST CANCEL MY POLICY AND SHE STILL WOULDNT i GOT UPSET, REALLY UPSET AND FINALLY SHE SAID" i WILL TRANSFER YOU TO CUSTOMER SERVICE CAUSE i DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO CANCEL POLICIES ANYWAY". SO FINALLY CUSTOMER SERVICE TALKED TO ME FOR ANOTHER 35 MINUTES TRYING TO LOWER MY PRICES FOR ME SO i WOULD KEEP THE POLICY AND i JUST SAID NO! SO NOW i HAVE TO RIGHT A LETTER TO THEM THE REASON WHY i WANT TO CANCEL MY POLICY WHEN THEY TOLD ME THAT i COULD CALL AND CANCEL WHEN EVER I FELT LIKE...MY NEXT PAYMENT IS DUE IN ABOUT 4 DAYS AND THE MAN TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL KEEP CHARGING MY DEBIT CARD TILL THEY RECIEVE THE LETTER, AND MY LETTER WILL TAKE ABOUT A WEEK TO GET TO THEM. BUT THANK GOD i GOT A NEW DEBIT CARD SO THEY CAN NOT DEBIT MY BANK WHAT SO EVER!!! BASTARDS ARE THE BIGGEST SCAM!
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   SEXYDAY07 0 Votes
I SO AGREE I WAS TOLD OVER AND OVER THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO PRESURE ME BUT I FELT VERY PRESURED.SOMETHING IN MY HEART JUST DIDN'T FEEL RIGHT SO I HUNG UP AND DID RESEARCH AND FOND THIS PAGE. I WAS TOLD OVER AND OVER IF I HANG UP I WOULDN'T GET THE SAME DEAL I ASK IF THEY COULD NOTE THE ACCONT AND THEY SAID THERE'S NO WAY TO ASSURE THE 120.00 DOLLARS HOW THE HELL YOU GO FROM 294.00 TO 120.00 LOL THINK TWICE
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   02fordfocus 0 Votes
I never researched them before I purchased a policy. Its now only a couple of days since I purchased and I'm kinda sceptacle don't know what I might have gotten into. They were telling bad things about US Fidelus cause I saw an ad on TV while I was talking. They said they were being investegated by the attorney general of a lot of states for unpaid claims. Im figuring that this is not the case with them or they wouldn't be telling me this, right? Anyway I'm going to bring this policy or whatever it is to my local Ford Dealership and let them look at it before the 30 days grace period is over with. I will simply call and ask for a refund if I'm not satisfied. If they give me a hard time or refuse then I will just cancel my card, Simple to do and order a new one. End of story! Wish I would have investigated for pages like this first!
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   dcman01 0 Votes
I agree with all of you. I was bored today and wanted to see what kind of B.S. deal they can give me and to also entertain myself.
I have a lot of miles on My F250 Diesel truck. They told me at first they couldn't get me the full coverage, but then asked me a couple questions about the truck...I was put on hold. The rep came back and told me they can give me the full coverage. Wait a second...sight unseen and they are going to do this? I was told everything that is going to be covered, including towing and rental. I have that with my insurance company. So I was put on hold again. The "Finance Manager" came on and told me that with that coverage with my insurance company they will drop $400.00 and my down payment will be only $150 and not $300. So he wanted my card number. I told him that I would like to see the hard copy of the contract. He told me they don't do that and that I would have 30 days to review it. I told him no I want to see it with out money changing hands. I told him that I was able to do that when I have bought my truck and car, when I got my insurance policy. The rep said this "we are not a travil company" What the hell does that have to anything with it. I then told him that I was done with this and if I don't get a copy before I buy it then I will to get it. I then told them to have a good day and hung up.
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   carell a 0 Votes
I set up a "policy" and decided I didn't want this 2 hours later ( I did my research after the fact), My person Jae Kullorh was very persuasive and answered every question I asked without hesitation, when I called back they were rude and obnoxious, they didn't want to transfer me, the kept asking me why I pulled my credit card out and got the policy, I couldn't believe it, it was like the twilight zone, They are nothing more than EXPERT Telemarketers that are willing to take you for whatever amount they can get. It's shameful that the networks are allowing this company to air their product with so many loop holes. STAY AWAY, SAVE THE MONEY AND USE IT FOR YOUR REPAIR COST, simply as that. They gave me a direct number to customers service it is 1 800 913 0065, I got Nashell who was incredible BITCHY, but so was I. They offered not paper trail, no confirmation, but I did inform her that I was recording our conversation and would use it against their company. WANT A SCAM, and in these economic times people are looking for a brake to cut spending and for them to do this is so WRONG, I only got taken for 100. dollars, others have got take for much more, this "company needs to be shut down" PERIOD!!!.

I can be reached at carellyep@yahoo.com for any questions.
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   chris557 -1 Votes
I called this company just to see what the deal was. The man got on the phone he asked me how many miles my 96 Ford Ranger has after i tell him 230000 he ask me to hold for a moment after about 2 min came back said he talk to supervisor and had got me approved for full coversge simply because i told him there was nothing mechanicly wrong with my truck he said for $298 down and about $130 a month for 18 months would cover me totaly for 100000 or 5 years which came first after i told him did not have my credit card or debit card with me he told me if i didnt act now he couldnt guarantee me this low of a down payment i call back with same truck same mileage diffrent name some how i got to talk to the same rep he gave me the the same spill as the first time almost word for word except 1200 dollars cheaper when i asked him how i got it cheaper this time he asked me what did i mean when i told him i called 3 days before under diffrent name and got quote for $1200more i asked how that was possible he tried to tell it was diffrent rep and they had made a mistake i explained that he was the same man i had talked to before when i told him my name he called me a prick ass hole and hung up on me fortunantly i never gave them any money and feel bad for any one who wasnt as lucky after this i knew that STOP REPAIR BILLS was a scam any company that will let reps talk to potential customers that way is a joke before u purchase a deal check with BBB your auto mechanic i have not found a dealershipyet that will reccomend this company you be lucky if you get STOP REPA out before your told NO
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   stephanie bourne 0 Votes
I am so glad I read this. I was really thinking about calling to get a policy. Thanks for all the input on them I will call my repair shop to see if they have a company they will take. to see it there is any out there.
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   Hunter One 0 Votes
We saw the add on the TV and called. The first add the phone number was 1-800-485-1134. They gve the cost of this policy to be $27, 000 for five years for one car. The person on the phone was determined to make a sale. Even though he was told we were going to call around and check prices. He said if we call back we would not be able to get the policy for the same amount it would cost more. Then I called 1-800-661-5751 and they told me it would cost $16, 050 for the same amount of years. They acted like it was a different company and yet they knew my name. It was the same office. They tried to pressure me to take it for that cost. I told them I planned to shop around and talk to my wife. I also told them I wanted to check with the BBB. My wife googled and found this page to see what others had experianced. I will not be getting this policy. I may even call the local invistigating reporter from our News channels. I suggest those that have had issues with them do the same. Once an investigating reporter gets involved they will report it on the news and save more people from being scammed. I am sorry to hear how badly others were treated yet am thankful you put your story here on this page. Thank you for the warning.
 1st of Nov, 2009 by   Fr33world420 0 Votes
Hey has anyone signed up and had a probelm with there car and, and the problem wasn't handled by stop repairs, because all you people signed up and just canceled did anyone wait to see if they really fix your car if it did brake down

Where to Find 60,000 Speed Traps Nationwide