Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Stihl

Posted: 2011-06-21 by

Buyer beware

Stihl
Bought Stihl ms250 3 years ago to cut about a dozen small trees. Worked well for 3 years with moderate use. The chain brake burned out and the chain is a boat anchor now and Stihl and the dealer couldn't care less. Gassed up the saw after 30 minutes use, fired it up and set it down as I turned to put gas can away and put my goggles and muffs on (a minute maybe?) and the thing started smoking and died!. Brake or pull cord won't budge.. Dealer told me I ran throttle full with brake on, which is hard to do when your hand isn't on the saw?. Don't cut a ton of wood but I am meticulous about proper saw care and use!. Funny how a person not there can be so arrogant as to tell me exactly what happened and dig in his heels when I tell him he's wrong;. So stihl and the4 dealer stand by their fantasy of what happened and that's it:. Husqvarna here I come". I may as well have bought a stinking Poulan for that experience, would probably have a running saw now and a few extra sheckles in my pocket.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Creative College Financing