logo

The Internet Success Team
fraud
5. (49 mins ago)
MemoryLane.com
Unauthorized charge to my credit card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

SPYHUNTER SOFTWARE, Powder Springs, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - CANCEL ORDER 5197013 AND MEMBERSHIP

SPYHUNTER SOFTWARE Contacts & Informations

SPYHUNTER SOFTWARE

Posted:    JAMES W NORTON

CANCEL ORDER 5197013 AND MEMBERSHIP

Powder Springs, Georgia
WANT ORDER NUMBER 5197013 CANCELLED AND MEMBERSHIP
CANCELLED.
I DO NOT AUTHORIZE USE OF MY CREDIT CARD..

JAMES W. NORTON
11 JUL 2008
Comments United States Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jul, 2008 by   mark mosley 0 Votes
This company and it's so called "software" are are a sham. My computer was recently inffected by a virus masquerading as antivirus software called antivirus2008. This virus wreaked havoc on my PC and my current anti-virus software (trend micro) which was out of date at the time was unable to remove it. After an exhaustive search on google I was repeated led to believe by several different sources to think this companys software called "spyhunter" was the only solution to the problem. Like an idiot I bought their B.S. program and tried to use it to remove antivirus2008. Not only did it fail to remove the virus, my CPU's stability was even worse for the effort. I am happy to report that malwarebytes.org solution to antivirus was spot on and their removal software (WHICH WAS FREE) completely oblitereted the antivirus2008 virus. Ultimately, I updated my legitimate antivirus software AND TO MY SURPRISE, TREND MICRO DISCOVERED THAT BURIED IN THE SPYHUNTER PROGRAM'S CODE WERE SEVERAL EMBEDDED TROJANS. I now suspect that not only is this a front company for selling useless software, but that they are in fact the originators of the virus my PC was originally infected with (which, incidentally, wanted me to purchase the downloadable removal tool to the virus for the SAME price as the Spyhunter suite sells for). I highly reccomend not doing business with this company and if you have reporting them you whatever govermental body regulates their business practices in your state or country.
 15th of Jul, 2008 by   jd 0 Votes
i just went through the exact same problem 3 days ago...
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   Enigma Software Group USA, LLC 0 Votes
Mr. Mosley,

There is a fine line between freedom of speech and libel defamation, so I strongly recommend prudence on your part. Mr. Mosley, the false allegations you wrote about our company and core product in this open internet forum were completely baseless, irresponsible, and unconscionable. You have every right to say that you're dissatisfied with our product and/or level of service. We do regret that we were not able to satisfy your needs. However, you are making serious false statements relating to our business practices and our product, SpyHunter.

On your first claim, you stated that Trend Micro discovered buried in the SpyHunter installation several embedded trojan files. Trend Micro is one of our respected competitors, and we are currently in good standing with them. Since you have made such a serious accusation about Trend Micro listing us, we had our engineers confirm your claim. Our findings show that we are not listed on Trend Micro as a virus, or as a program that embeds trojans. In fact, we are not listed at all. In addition, we are not listed on any of the other top competing commercial security software products. Thus, this statement in your comment is erroneous and a complete nonfact.

On your second claim, you state that we are the originators of Antivirus 2008. We have no connection, affiliation with Antivirus 2008, or any other rogue anti-spyware program maker. We are not in the business of creating trojans, malware, or rogue-anti-spyware programs, we are in the business of removing trojans, malware, and rogue anti-spyware programs. We do not embed any software with our installation, and you can confirm this very easily by using an installation monitoring utility and other tools to check if there is any bundled software on SpyHunter installer. You will find that there is none. Again, a nonfact and it is not based on any analytical study of our product.

As a mater of fact, Antivirus 2008 is a rogue anti-spyware program that we are actively tracking and removing its files and signatures. If SpyHunter did not remove Antivirus 2008 on your PC, it is because of the morphic nature of that immediate threat. We are constantly adding updates to our definitions to try to keep track of those changes. Mr. Mosley, your statement associating us with Antivirus 2008 is completely baseless. Our official policy is to track and remove Antivirus 2008 as long as they continue their current business practices.

Sir, were you aware of the fact that we have a service called the "Spyware Heldpesk", which is included absolutely free with your SpyHunter subscription? Our Spyware Helpdesk technicians create custom fixes for any threats affecting your PC, even if SpyHunter is unable to remove the threats on your PC! Here is how it works: SpyHunter generates a diagnostic report (we refer to as "Support Log"), after it is reviewed by our support center, our technicians generate and transmit a custom fix which will completely remove the parasitic infection on your PC.
Mr. Mosley, rather than spend your time posting defamatory statements on the web, you could have contacted our Technical Support Team, which are available to you as a SpyHunter customer, and were capable of assisting you with your malware removal problems. According to our records, you never attempted to open a trouble ticket with our support group. In fact, many of our other customers were able to receive problem resolution from the very same threat which affected your PC, since they contacted our support center.

If you are dissatisfied with our product, we are prepared to issue you a full refund. Please send us an email with your order number, or the email address you have purchased SpyHunter, so we can issue you a full refund. If you do not provide us with your order number or an email address, we will not be able to locate your account on our database.

Once again, we are sorry that we could not satisfy your needs. Our policy and ultimate goal is to remove all the threats affecting our customer's PC. Since you did not make an effort to contact our Technical Support Team, we have no way of knowing your situation. In order to help our customers, they have to open a "Customer Support Ticket" for us to be able to find a solution to the specific problem that is affecting their PCs.

Sincerely,
Alec Malaspina
VP, Technical Support
Enigma Software Group USA, LLC
 10th of Aug, 2008 by   Jesse L. Blackwood 0 Votes
SpyHunter3 worked fine for me up until a few days ago. I purchased it March 17, 2008, order #4550008. A few days ago I got an error message once a day stating it couldn't start up. Upon reboot everything was fine and then out of the blue I got that message again. Three days ago, I got a message stating that SpyHunter had stopped working; the window that popped up stating that Windows Vista was trying to find a solution. There was no way to close that window or close my browser window. I had to do a hard reboot to get rid of it. Then a few minutes later, the same thing happened. I got frustrated so turned to SpyHunter's help feature embedded in the suite. I had changed my email address since purchasing the product in March and attempted to change my address to its current one; I could not find a way to do so other than listing my current email address as an alternate. I opened a ticket with my request asking how to change my email address (it states to choose "Other" if the nature of the problem is not one of the pre-defined ones in the drop-down list; there is no place to choose "Other" because it's not in the list of pre-defined problems. Ooooops. So I had to choose one of the options provided, which had nothing to do with my situation, but was the only way that I could submit my concern). I got a response via the program (not at my current email address) informing me of my user name and password. Umm, I already knew that -- I wanted to know how to update the email address linked to my account to my current email address. Yesterday and today, I got the message that SpyHunter had stopped working five times requiring a hard reboot each time. It's frustrating...the only way I could go on using my computer was to completely remove the program from my computer. I went to the SpyHunter Web site after doing so to complain and to ask that my membership be cancelled -- I filled out the comments form and hit submit, and my computer just hung for 10 minutes, never making contact with their site. The program worked fine up until a few days ago and the Web site and suite are sleek looking, but some very BASIC elements are overlooked; i.e., how to update personal information, how to successfully choose "Other" from the drop-down menu when opening a ticket... Will not recommend this product to others.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   caleb bost 0 Votes
ive been reading these comments and its amazing that mosleys problems were identical to mine maybe we downloaded a false security suite that tricked us but something happened n im pissed and want a full refund and to cancel my order im not kidding about this n potentially might press charges but i hope it wont go this far all i want is a refund for my account on spyhunter 3 n i think by opening my firewalll while letting this in screwed me over and please VP, Technical Support
Enigma Software Group USA, LLC get back to me so i cAN GET RID OF MY ACCOUNT IDC IF U SAY ITS BS i just say things are different with ur program on my computer n i expect a full refund
 18th of Aug, 2008 by   MysteriousGuy 0 Votes
Hi all, I'm here to not really protect Enigma Software Group, but to address Mark Mosley on the Antivirus 2008 virus. I am more advanced than most of you, I program for a living, and my brother ended up with this virus on his computer a little while ago. Now, it affected multiple areas including the memory. We used the program to rid of all but the memory bit. After that, I used a program called GiPo DeleteOnBoot to remove the last file. It was thanks to SpyHunter that I even located this file in the first place. Also, I've disassembled the SpyHunter's files and found zero Trojans or other malicious programs in there (Sorry Enigma, I know you don't want people to do that).

You talk about using Trend Micro's program. You are probably using Trend Micro's Hijack This and have no clue as to how it is supposed to be used. The program is a diagnostic tool that will analyze the system processes and give you a list of the running processes. Obviously it would be in there if you have it installed.

Currently, my brother has Norton Antivirus 2008, Uniblue's SpyEraser, and some other programs that are meant to do what SpyHunter is doing. To my surprise, none of those programs found what SpyHunter had. Not to mention, there seem to be constant updates which does make me think that they are doing a very good job and being loyal to their customers.

In all honesty, like I said at the beginning, I'm not protecting Enigma Software Group. However, I do think that those of you who end up with those viruses in the first place and can't figure out how to deal with it yourselves, shouldn't have a computer. At the least, not a Windows. Maybe a Mac is more suited for you. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
 19th of Sep, 2008 by   Caroline James 0 Votes
I also purchased spyhunter about 6 months ago, it worked fine for me and got rid of all my viruses. However I have since tried to cancel this with my credit card and enigma softwares won't allow me and has charged me again for their spyhunter! If anyone else has had this same problem could they please tell me how to cancel my membership or post a link so that I can cancel it!
 29th of Sep, 2008 by   Nick R 0 Votes
I had the same problem with Spyhunter not being able to help with removing the "Vista Antivirus 2008 virus." I purchased my computer
just 4 days ago. I contacted my Dell support person who advised to do system restore and the problem is now corrected. Spyhunter did not
help whatsoever; I had the product for less than 1 hour before I deleted it off my system. Now, the company says that they don't give refunds
according to their policy. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE FOLKS! I have already notified my credit card company to have the charges
taken off my account! Any company that does not offer a money back guarantee or who does not specify that the charge is not refundable
when you sign up, IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY! AVOID SPYHUNTER at any cost. They may eventually get my $29.99 if my credit
card company does not honor my request, but threads like these will cost them a lot more!
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Nick R 0 Votes
The company did approve my refund afterall! Thanks Enigma Software Group for being fair on this matter.
 12th of Oct, 2008 by   Doug Larson 0 Votes
I just bought SpyHunter 3 and hour ago, and now I can't register it. Since I am not able to register, I can't get to support, since there is no phone number to call if you are not a member. Will my registration kick in shortly, I hope?
 21st of Oct, 2008 by   BReal 0 Votes
I used the program. It is basically useless and doesn't solve a lot of the problems out there. even with their update they are out of date. Their supposed legal team that scrutinizes Mr. Mosley can't even spell properly.. Dont expect their programmers to be able to write or understand code either. Just another bunk software bundle that someone is making for dirt cheap and hoping to get rich off of.. 29 bucks, but no delivery of results
 5th of May, 2009 by   Jim 0 Votes
I have just purchased "SpyHunter" with my CC and when I paid for it with the card, the amount taken was $59.95 instead of the advertised price of $29.95. There is no way to contact the company via email or telephone. None of the email links work, no doubt on purpose! The whole thing is a scam. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! It doesn't work and you can't contact the support or even the company at all.
 10th of May, 2009 by   Cynthia Barnett 0 Votes
I want order number 10900845 cancelled. I did not authorize use on my credit card I do not want this so cancelle it now Cynthia Barnett
 15th of Oct, 2009 by   Patrick Carano 0 Votes
I just purchased Spyhunter one hour ago for 29.99. I ran it to remove a Sality virus. It detected the virus but could not remove it. I want Spyhunter to cancel my order. I should have known not to trust a company that does not list a phone number to call for support. The program is no better than free progams on the internet. Who do I contact BY PHONE) to cancel my order and get my 29.99 refund back?

Patrick Carano
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   India Villarreal 0 Votes
I keep hearing the same complaints. >:|

If you feel like you've been wronged by Enigma Software, please email me:

IndiaJVillarreal@nym.hush.com
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   carlb23 0 Votes
I purchased Spyhunter about six months ago for 29.95. I received an email today stating that I need to pay another 29.95 on order number 13435691. I followed the link to take me off the renewable program and unsubscribe and I received a notification that I was removed. I just want to state that I don not want my credit card charged for any subscription or renewable to spyhunter or any other of their software.

Carl A Baldino
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   Paul1967Williamson 0 Votes
I had a virus on my machine on the Sunday before last, I tried to use the anti virus software on my machine but it wouldn't shift. I downloaded the spy hunter package as they advertised that their software would remove this type of virus. I downloaded it and after it scanned my machine and didn't touch the virus. Due to it being on a Sunday morning I ended up paying for an IT consultant to come in and remove it. I am now trying to obtain a refund from enigma software but after 9 tickets I am still no closer forward. They agreed that within 14 days of the purchase I can have a refund but they keep sending me emails asking for a log which I have sent them and installation instructions. I don't want the software just a refund? Does anyone know if any laws such as the distance selling act within the United Kingdoms consumer credit act cover this company. I understand that their head office is in Lithuania. Any ideas? Paul Williamson
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   LaraGDelRio 0 Votes
I purchased Spyhunter on Sunday and now it's tuesday and I have not been able to register because the password does not work. I have opened a ticket but so far no response. They do list a phone # 1800-999-2734 but it doesn't work!! What a shock. I wish I handn't purchased with these people!
 14th of Mar, 2011 by   Enigma Software Customer Service 0 Votes
Hello,

I am the Vice President of Technical Support and Research at Enigma Software Group. I read the post above and I would like to let you know that we have an email specifically for complaints. You or anyone can submit a complaint and I can assure you that we will find a suitable solution for any problem that is related to SpyHunter or to our service.

If you have any questions or complaints, please send us an email to complaints@enigmasoftware.com. I personally read all emails from that account.

At Enigma Software Group, we work hard to maintain the best level of service and make sure that every customer becomes a satisfied customer.

Regards,

Alec Malaspina
Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.
 11th of May, 2011 by   tazzman67 0 Votes
well I had the rouge program that appeared called MS toolremove and it somehow deactivated and disabled my avg antivirus program and then it kept telling me that i had security threat issues and it stated that my system is infected with spyware and trojen viruses and my system was subject to being hijacked and my personal info stolen and i could not access anything on my desktop not even the taskmanager so i restarted in safe mode with networking and i downloaded spyhunter 4 and installed it and let it update and scan my drive and it found a few issues and i let it fix them and when i went to restart my pc it gets to the windoes screen then after about 5 to 10 seconds the screen goes black and it restarts and repeats the process and I have xp pro 64 bit addition. i could have already fixed it if i had 32 bit but i have 64 bit. also, i have 2 drives in my computer drive c is windows xp 32 bit and drive g was my main thing with the 64 bit but it wont boot up now. my c drive now says i have a counterfit copy of windows xp but it is an official copy that I bought 6 years ago at walmart and the copy of 64 bit cp pro i bought 3 years ago but it wont boot up. i dont get any error messages or anything it just keeps restarting over and over. i think that something has deactivated a startup file on my g drive. i have tried a few other programs with my c drive but all of them want me to purchase it before it fixes the problem, including this malwarebytes antimalware. its free to download and scan but if it finds anything you have to pay for it to get it to work. i am soon uprading to full ver windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and i just wanted to save my many files and pictures on my 2 tb hdd. is there anything that i can use that is free to get my g drive to boot up? any help would be great you can ee the star at the bottom right on the taskbar meaning that i have a " pirate" version but i have a legal copy on both drives, one 32 bit and the other 64 bit

Tips For Avoiding Timeshare Scams