logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (10 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
3. (15 mins ago)
KFC
Filthy conditions, staff uniforms, service and smell
4. (21 mins ago)
Janda Furniture - Janda Lounge
Leather on Janda lounge and frame are crap!
5. (23 mins ago)
Barclay
debit card scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Southern Bridal Registry Complaints & Reviews - Don't get screwed!

Southern Bridal Registry Contacts & Informations

Southern Bridal Registry

Posted:    Valerie

Don't get screwed!

Southern Bridal Registry

Wednesday afternoon I got a phone call from a rep from Southern Bridal Registry telling me that I won a free Honeymoon package and my fiance and I have to attend the Bridal Show they are hosting this weekend in Lafayette Louisiana. She gave me a confirmation number and told me this was my 'key' to get in. She also told me that 'Mike' would call to confirm my reservation for the show at the Holidome in Lafayette. I did a little research on them and couldn't find a website for them, but found this website instead and I am sooo glad I did. I have all the information for the times they will be in town this weekend, so PLEASE CONTACT ME AT tiffanyg_sbbq@bellsouth.net if you would like to go and confront them about orders never received and such!! Thanks to all of you that posted comments and stories to prevent me from being screwed.
Comments United States Wedding Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Southern Bridal Registry complaints
Southern Bridal Registry - Stealing Information – Scam

Comments

13th of Feb, 2008 by   Melody Benton 0 Votes
I too received this same message and before calling them back I googled and found several websites such as this. Thank-you to everyone who has put this info out there.
 15th of Feb, 2008 by   Karen +1 Votes
you know what i totally disagree. I have had the same calls and i even attended the show, and it was real. I got my trips and the hotels were all five star hotels. And when i attened the show everyone was real nice, the food was awesome. It was everything that they said it would be. Everything was great. THAT COMPANY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! why would you even say something bad about that company, when you guys didn't attend their? Have you guys ever heard you can always believe what you hear, thats the same way with the internet.
 5th of Mar, 2008 by   Lauren -1 Votes
I think "Karen" probably works for the company because i got the same call, researched it online, and all I found were people complaining and saying it was a scam. "Karen" is the only one i ever read say anything good about it. i never heard "You can always believe what you hear" and the internet is full of scams! The only thing I heard is "Don't belive everything you hear" ... oh, and "If something sounds too good to be true, well then, it probably is".
 6th of Mar, 2008 by   Jules 0 Votes
I got a phone call from 'Amy' saying that I won a honeymoon for my fiance (I don't have one) and myself. I had never even heard of Southern Bridal Registry before. I don't know how they got my phone number - they must have bought it off of some other website. I don't trust them.
 1st of Apr, 2008 by   Karen +1 Votes
Ok you know what I dont work for them But i wish i did they probably make good money probably better than what i do here at Walmart on harding place in nashville tn. Why would you even say i worked for them? Just cuz i said good things about them? Well everything that i said is true And i am enjoying my Toasting Goblets and my Checkered silverware and my Blue flowered Crystal plates. They are so great.And I think that ya'll need to stop saying stuff about them when ya'll didnt even attend their show. They are trying to do something good for everybody out there. And you dont have to buy any of their products that was a choice. Me and Bob wanted to. THANK YOU SOUTHERN BRIDAL REGISTRY!!! ME AND BOB ARE SO HAPPY WE GET THE HONEYMOON THAT WE NEVER HAD!!! THANKS YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!
 3rd of Apr, 2008 by   Lauren 0 Votes
wow...ok just try to find another person with that opinion...try
 4th of Apr, 2008 by   louise +1 Votes
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH KAREN . I WENT TO THE SHOW AS WELL. AND THEY EVERYTHING THEY SAID THEY WAS GOING TO DO. I TOLD THEM I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING ANYTHING. THEY SAID OK LETS GIVE YOU YOUR TRIPS. NO PROBLEMS. MY FRIEND WENT FIRST AND SHE REFERRED ME AND I'M GLAD SHE DID. SINCE YOU NEVER WENT TO THE SHOW I GUESS I CAN SAY THAT I GOT YOUR TRIPS!!!
 25th of Apr, 2008 by   Emily 0 Votes
My fiance and I recieved a call from Southern Bridal ( Amy ) saying that we were seclected to recieve a HONEYMOON but we had to attend a Bridal Show to get them. So of course we thought that we were going to have to buy something to get them. So I talked him into going with me.
The show was actually alot of fun. We spent maybe a hour watchingthe presentation.We didnt buy any of the cookware, because we have everything that we need already. So we thought we were going to leave there empty handed, but the salesmen sat us down and went over everything with us.
We just recently took one of there complimentary trips to Las Vegas and stayed at the Excalibur Hotel. It was a dream vacation and unbelievable experience for us. The hotel staff was very kind and courteous. Check-In was very easy and it did not take long. We got back our 50 deposit back that I had forgotten about and got to us it toward our trip. We enjoyed the idea of being on the strip without any alternative travel to reach it.
I just recently went to a bridal expo and recieved a simular travel offer through Simplicity Gourmet. It said it was a All-Inclusive . You have to send 59.50 per person per night and it does not state how much for extra night. It will automatically cost you almost 500.00 total to spend 4 nights and 5 days... WOW...
Truly enjoyed Las Vegas and will travel again in the near future due to given the initial experience from Southern Bridal Registry ( Royal Prestige ). We are goiong to us our All-Inclusive package to the Bahamas for our 1 yr anniversary. If you happen to get the opportunity to go to the Bridal Registry Show PLEASE DO SO...
 26th of Apr, 2008 by   Emily 0 Votes
Please read the one from yesterday !!! I had a good experience with them...
 28th of May, 2008 by   Kristin 0 Votes
I got a call today saying my fiance and I won a honeymoon, toasting glasses, and some other things. They said I had to attend the show this weekend in Johnson City, TN. We are going, because I read some of the good things on this board and I think that this isnt just a scam. If it is, I will report back and let ya'll know. If it is a scam, oh well. Its only a short trip to Johnson City for us. It would be bad to blow this off as a scam and lose a basically free trip and other goodies! The lady on the phone was very nice and my friend got a trip to Cancun from this company a while back and said it was real and the company is so nice. I will let ya'll know if this is real or not. I think you have to go to the show to claim your prizes!
 5th of Jun, 2008 by   Karen 0 Votes
I totally agree with you. So how was the show? How did you and your fiance like it? Did you get everything that they said??? Holla Thank You Girl For actually agreeing with us. Thanks.
 8th of Jun, 2008 by   lilgriff5205 0 Votes
I went to this show last night and it was great. The guy was really nice and we got our trip package. My fiances mom went with us and they even gave her a package. The food was great and the atmosphere was friendly. I feel sorry for all yall that lost your trip cause you thought it was a scam.
 17th of Jun, 2008 by   Karen 0 Votes
really she got the trips too? thats cool. did they go on their trips? where are yall going for your honeymoon.
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   Lanita 0 Votes
I will see tomorrow i have a scheduled appointment tomorrow in Durham, NC . Will let you know.
 24th of Sep, 2008 by   Ashley 0 Votes
has anyone done a show through Royal Prestige? was it real?
 14th of Oct, 2008 by   Kelly -1 Votes
I received my call this morning and was kind of wondering if it was scam so I came here to read up on it before I drive all of the way to Mobile, AL. So far I am hearing great things and I will take my chances. What do I have to lose! Thanks for the help...I will let you know how it goes.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   sarah -1 Votes
I don't know yet what to think about the company, I'm pretty sure it's a scam...I ran into these people at the local bridal fair and they called me today to tell me I had "won" two vacations for me and my fiance. I'm supposed to go to a presentation Friday night. I'm iffy about it. Especially since after reading this board and another message board complaining about the company, the majority of the "happy" comments I've read are from the same Karen and Priscilla that on the other board said they worked for the company and very colorfully blasted another "former employee" who admitted to the scam. So I'm up in the air about it, but chances are, I won't go to the presentation. I would normally take my chances on it, like Kelly, but that's my date night with my fiance, and if it's a scam I'll just be ill that I lost that date night. Thanks for everyone who was honest.
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   louise -1 Votes
You are the one that missed out on the trips. Now you & your fiance Are going to have to pay for your whole entire honeymoon or just not have a honeymoon. And there are more than 1 karen & 1 cilla in the world.
 4th of May, 2009 by   SmileItsYourDay 0 Votes
My name is Sarah and i worked for them about a year ago. Everything they say is true. They allowed me to go to the show and my fiancee and i got the toasting glasses and the trips. i was skeptical of the trips even when i worked there but after checking them out, they are completely real. the resorts have a deal with southern bridal. they hope you enjoy your stay to the point where you purchase more days. good company and nice folks. do some real research and youll find the truth. just listening to people who havent even really looked into it except googling it is ridiculous. do the work for yourself...
 5th of May, 2009 by   urbrandofheroin +1 Votes
It's a bit funny, I just received a call saying that I won some free champagne glasses and that I need to call back, so I did a reverse phone number search and the company is based out of Nashville. Same place this Karen chick is from...

5 Tips for Timeshares