logo

Google
Unauthorized debit of game
4. (19 mins ago)
C & N Imaging Products
Returned products - now they want money
5. (1 hr 33 mins ago)

South Beach Skin Care
Miami, Florida
Phone: 866-9771412
lifecell.com
This company is without a doubt a scam! If you go on their web page they show in big bold letters that they offer new customers a "FREE 30 DAY TRIAL" if you are willing to pay $1.25 for shipping. I received the product and within two weeks I contact them because I was not satisfied with the product and told them I wished not to receive further shipments or to be charged for anything. I was promised that my dealings with them were over and I would not be charged anything. 3 weeks later I found on my checking statement that they charged me $189.00. The charge was placed 2 1/2 weeks after they had promised me they wouldn't. I called and was told that their 30 day free trial meant that customers would be charged the full amount of $189.00 if product was not returned within 30 days of its order. I responded: The Web Page Said "30 DAY FREE TRIAL", it did not show that lifecell would charge if it wasn't returned in 30 days.
I added: So this is a scam!
I asked to be refunded immediately but with no success. I contact BBB and placed a complaint as well as I placed an ad on Facebook to make others aware and here I am. Do not buy this product because it does nothing at all.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More South Beach Skin Care complaints
South Beach Skin Care - Does not work

Comments

28th of May, 2010 by   Jeanette Fedrizzi 0 Votes
I had the same experiece. My bigger problem is that they KEEP charging me and now I have to close my cridt card to get it to sto. DON"T BUY!!!
 31st of May, 2010 by   Eva22 0 Votes
Same here!!! I want my money back, but apparently I won't get them back. They don't pick up the phone and they don't reply to my emails. Thank you for your post Jeanette, I am going to cancel my card so it won't happen again.
It's ridiculous that they let a company like this operate. I wish there was a place where I could report them.
Romanica, when you filed a claim with your bank, did you get the money back?
Eva
 17th of Jul, 2010 by   DLucas 0 Votes
I called them to cancel my order and they said not to accept the mail. I was not home when it was delivered so I sent it back UPS and they are trying to dispute the credit to my account. Now I have to prove to my credit card that I shipped it back UPS.
 16th of Jun, 2011 by   Rene diedrich 0 Votes
They took the $ 189 out of my account despite the clear promise not to on the site Who is law enforcement out her in cyber world?
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   llamas sandra 0 Votes
i was bill twice for 189.00 for what. i have not rev. the trial order yet.sandra
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   llamas sandra 0 Votes
I WENT TO THE BANK AND I WAS CHARGE 189.00 TWICE FORNOTHING I WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER THANK SANDRA
 24th of Nov, 2011 by   Ann Lubus 0 Votes
SCAM SCAM, I notified my Visa {BK Amer] to reject payment. Ihave notified FCC, FDA, all my friends AND SKINCARE. I think I will have to reject delivery and again notify BA Visa. Ann Lubus
 28th of Mar, 2012 by   RichardFitswell 0 Votes
I had the exact same experience. These guys should be brought up on fraud charges. I canceled within 10 days of receipt & was never told to return my "FREE TRIAL". 2 months later I received 2 charges; $189 & $149. I was able to block further charges, but I am still fighting the reversal... 4 months later!!!1 How do we stop this practice??? We need to tell Clarke Howard!
 18th of May, 2012 by   asmar 0 Votes
I have been trapped by this company advertising their product LIFE CELL as a "miracle" for the skin. I only paid 1.25 dollar to try it. but the surprise came later when at the 30th day, they charged my credit card 189 dollars.
I have never been told that I should return the LIFE CELL cream. An operator told me to simply call and cancel if I am not satisfied and that they would not withdraw any money from my credit, but it was a LIE.
This product is a total SCAM. Do not loose your time and money even thinking about trying it. They say that you would see a difference after 17 seconds!!! The difference I have seen is that I have more wrinkles on my face!!!
 18th of May, 2012 by   asmar 0 Votes
Life Cell is a SCAM.
I have tried it twice a day and did not see any positive result.
I called the company and asked them not to send me anything because their product doesn't work, and not to take money from my credit card.
They said that they won't but I have charged abusively 189 dollars without even receiving the product!
 5th of Jun, 2012 by   SINELIGA 0 Votes
The same experience, their advertising is deceptive, misleading and there could be a class act initiated,
Their "trick" is in calling this a free trial which later, when you discover that "free" is actually costs you $189, they respond that we (customers) confuse "free trial" with '"free sample".
They send me their disclaimer in small print that supposed to prove it, but its designed to be vague, not clear at all, and hidden
Wait a minute,
I asked them to break it down for me - what exactly FREE part is in their special "limited time" offer"
Cream? No - we now now its $200 which without this deception you would not buy.
Shipping? No, we actually pay it twice and three times, if you have to return
Ok, I got it ! An empty box!!!
They hold us for idiots! CLASS ACTON ANYONE?
 24th of Jun, 2012 by   Noki 0 Votes
I have just had the same experience! They tricked us so it's false advertising, we should take legal action against them?!
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by   Danny Z 0 Votes
I, too, was surprised to find I had been charged $189, then $149. I opened a dispute with Discover card.. The respond time expired, but Discover allowed late evidence
ie South Beach submitted a checkout page.for a different time frame. South beach is clearly not in compliance with Federal Trade Commission guidelines for "fine print"
in contracts. South Beach is a sleazy outfit, using a promotional scheme to gain access to credit card info. Then they make it impossible to comply with their hidden
conditions. By the way, the product doesn't perform as claimed.
Dan Suchodolski
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   jOE vON rEMBOW 0 Votes
I WAS ALSO CHARGED $I89.00 FOR THE TRIAL PERIOD. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED TO THE LIMIT AND SHUT DOWN.
 12th of Jan, 2013 by   LifeCell Trial 0 Votes
I have read South Beach Skincare "LifeCell" TRIAL ORDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS carefully several times. Here is what it says:
1. TRIAL ORDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Your 30 day Trial Period will start when the product is shipped. You will be responsible to pay Shipping and Handling charges for your first shipment of LifeCell. If you wish to cancel your order within your Trial Period, simply call 1-866-977-1412 and return your tube (even if it's empty!) within 30 days from shipping date and you will not be charged anything other than the shipping and handling fee. If you enjoy LifeCell, do nothing and at the end of your Trial Period your credit card provided today will be charged $189.00 and you will automatically be enrolled in the LifeCell VIP Discount Club. This means that in approximately 30 days from the end of your Trial Period and every 60 days thereafter, you will be shipped a new 2 months supply of LifeCell for the low VIP price of $149.00 per tube with FREE shipping for domestic customers. This is a reoccurring order ..." which means the product will keep coming and you will be charged again and again unless you cancel.

Do not wait until 30 days are up before returning your trial tube (which can be empty). Another South Beach Skincare Trial Order Terms and Conditions indicates not 30 days but 19 days. To be on the safe side, you should return the trial tube within a day or two after you have received it. Make sure you pay the post office the extra fees to get a written proof of shipment and a tracking number. [About $18.00 in shipping costs from Canada by air, with tracking number]. Alternatively, if you like the product, you can always pay an arm and a leg and order it separately on your own later on without reoccurring commitments.

Also from South Beach Skincare: http://www.lifecellskin.com/legal/cx_terms_and_conditions_19.php
"Your 19 day Trial Period will start when the product is shipped. You will be responsible to pay Shipping and Handling charges for your first shipment of LifeCell [no S&H amount indicated]. If you wish to cancel your order within your Trial Period, simply call 1-866-977-1412 [by the way, this toll-free number won't work calling from Canada, you must call 1-954-606-5057 and pay for long distance call] and return your tube (even if it's empty!) within 19 days from shipping date and you will not be charged anything other than the shipping and handling fee. ..."

I'm in the process of returning my trial tube first thing Monday morning when the post office opens. Hope I won't be charged $189 and $149 like everybody else down the road. If so, I will definitely dispute the charges.
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   sheilatricarico 0 Votes
scam! AUTHORIZED 1.25 BUT THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT 189!!! thieves fraud
 22nd of May, 2013 by   Lauram52 0 Votes
well, I too was charged the $189.00 I cancelled my credit card but somehow was charged the $189 anyways, BUT I did not return within the trial period, so I get it. I love the prodcut but have very sensitive eyes and i just can't use it. The website says you can cancel in 120 days if not satisfied so I will be calling today and will be locking any future withdrawls. How the hell they managed to charge me with a new card is beyond me..so lets see what happens here
 7th of Jul, 2013 by   b. b. Wilson 0 Votes
I, too, ordered a free trial and don't have an address for return of sample in Miami. Please help!
Bedgarwil@gmail.com
 22nd of Nov, 2013 by   Concerned!! +1 Votes
On ripoffreport.com they said Lifecell South Beach Skincare had a Better Business Bureau rating of "F". When I looked it up on the BBB website this company didn't even have a BBB report let alone a rating. So I wonder how many comments, positive or negative, are really true and not just a bunch of fake reviews. Can't trust anyone these days concerning review statements.
 8th of Dec, 2013 by   uneq59 0 Votes
As above l agree 100%...l also cancelled before l even received the product (free trial) l also returned the product unopened" Surprise surprise my bank account was deducted over $100 AU and have received no comments on about a dozen emails sent and no refund on there money back guarantee "what a joke" l think we all need to get on social media and rip them to shreds.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT