logo

TV9- Telugu
Case of Defamation
3. (23 mins ago)
IneedFinancialHelp.net
I paid and they didn’t give me a loan.
4. (34 mins ago)
Bagrrys India Limited White Oats
Contaminated White Oats by Bagrrys India Limited
5. (46 mins ago)
mypapergeek.com
They provide bad papers and copy everything from Internet

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Smile Implant Center Complaints & Reviews - Awful experience

Smile Implant Center Contacts & Informations

Posted:    YamK34

Awful experience

Smile Implant Center
Had three teeth extracted and two implant posts placed at the Smile Implant Center. Awoke from sedation during surgery and experienced severe pain while they were suturing. Also had excruciating pain following surgery for two weeks from what must have been 'dry sockets'. My mouth is still tender after three months in the tooth #13 implant area when I move my lip. No one cared or tried to figure out why I have had pain. I do not want them to do the abutments and crowns and will fight to get a refund for the money I paid for them.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Feb, 2010 by   Never 2 smile again -1 Votes
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I have been dealing with this nightmare for over 14 months and I still have not been treated correctly!!!
 11th of May, 2010 by   markdneck +1 Votes
Just last week I received a complete set of upper jaw implants from the Smile Implant Center and I feel the work they did this time and when I went to them in the past has been perfect. They have a gorgeous new high rise in Newport Beach and they posses the most modern, advanced erquipment I have ebver seen or heard of. I started getting implnts from them one or two teeth at a time as my teeth that had much work in the past began to fail. Smile Implant Center is much larger now and every time I have been there I have spoken to other patients actually crying for joy about being able to get implants at a pricer ebven lower than getting crowns most other places.

Smile Implant Center does exams and X-Rays fro free, provides free sedation too; all this can add up to more than $1, 000 elsewhere. They provide free credit if you pay within a year too. How can you miss? You get to see them in action and then you decide!?

My new implantslook and feel perfect! I can eat steak and I can chew normally for the first time in 30 years (I am 67). Sure, in medicine and oral surgery there can be individual problems beyond the control pf modern science but I am sure SIC is fair and professional and they do a better, less expensive job than any other implant doctors I have found and I looked far and wide. I fly all the way from Louisiana to go to SIC. It is a bargain!

Mark Neckameyer
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   donotgo2sipc -1 Votes
Every time I enter the facility at Smile Implant Center it seems that I wait for 2 -3 hours before I can be seen by the dentist. If my appointmen is at 10 am, I probably will not be seen until 1 or 2 pm. I am a busy person and do not have time to wait around for the dentist and the dental assistances to figure out what they need to do. I remember one time, I waited because the dentist went to lunch and I had to wait until she return. This is ridiculous. My time is valuable and if I know what I know now, I would have never choosen this place to get dental implants done. I am still in the process of getting my implants, so unfortunately I have to complete the dental work with this company. I'm also dissatisfied with their service because they should have completed my dental implants over a month ago and I'm still waiting to complete this procedure. The staff appears that they are lost and do not know what they are doing. My recommendation is for others to go else where to get dental implants.
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   upside down smile 0 Votes
I am yet another unhappy customer . They lied to get me to keep comming back about every other month to put a new crown on an implant they insisted was healthy. I had to go to another dentist for a second opinion only to find out that the implant had failed. The dentist wrote in my chart that the implant was healthy. The hygienist wrote that I have pockets, but implant is healthy. The dentist never said that I lost bone. I am now hoping to get the thing removed from my mouth. They said I have a few gaps between my gum and the crown and that that will heal soon. It's been months and it's not healing . They perscribed the water pik 6 times per day to keep it clean, of course now it's sore. iI's been bleeding from day one. Bottom line is they put my life in danger by not informing me that the implant had failed and needed to be removed. They have
a new staff every single week.They don't do what they advertise. they get you to sign papers in good faith to give up your rights because they already know that they are going to screw up the clients' mouth. The smile implant center claims that they're the best at what they do. That's true they are the best at doing the worst possible harm to a persons mouth. I would not tell anyone I know to go to such a horrible place. You go in with a smile come out with a frown. They also don't want to let you see your own file and give a lot of excuses why they don't give you copies. The media should do a special report on them in san diego, orange, san bernadino, & la counties to warn the public not to go there.
 30th of Dec, 2010 by   J and N Farrell 0 Votes
We've had the same problem, I have many times try to talk to their Manager to make it right, , , to no avail It's always I'll have an answer for you next week... blah blah blah...
We're are still trying to reason with them.. it's falling on deaf ears,
 8th of Jan, 2011 by   beverly reed -1 Votes
An upscale place run by a bunch of illegals...Does anyone not see the complete greed! My 70 year old Mom's face look like she had been beat with a baseball bat the response from smile implant center when I could get one was "I tink umm... dat happen sumtine you kno" This is AMERICA! I thought I was in a clinic in MEXICO...Dr. Thomas sees you MAKES SURE YOU HAVE PAID rips your mouth apart..after seeing my MOM's face I cried...and then you see DR Teich NO MORE
just some broken english guatemalan, saying "iss ok, iss ok. Please get a refferal from your own dentist, its not worth this treatment
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   Sam Wilcox -1 Votes
This place is scary as in ‘SCAM”, I had the free consultation on a Saturday, but it came with a price.
• They asked for my Drivers License and made a copy (hmm, should have been the first warning sign). The next day I was mentoring my Credit when I saw that this Scum Company ran a credit check, I didn’t give them any permission to do so.
• They had some guy come around and introduced himself as the Cosmetic Dental Dude, and would be happy to answer all my questions. (What questions other than what is the cost?). In other words, what else can we charge you for?
• Moral of this story is “Stay away from this type of Dental House Mill”, Find a reputable Dental office that doesn’t heard them in like cattle.
 2nd of May, 2011 by   raishh 0 Votes
fell for the TV ad and went down to get a free consultation. I had all the scans done and then sat with an account manager to weigh up my options. I needed 4 crowns, two extractions, 2 implants, 2 bone grafts and a sinus lift. It cost me nearly 5 figures to get it done but I wanted it done and out the way. I sat in the chair after being given an oral sedation. The dentist came in and looked in my mouth and said I needed a filling. He stopped and left the room and 25 minutes later the account manager came in and said I needed to pay for the filling now and wanted my credit card. I had to sign for the charge while heavily sedated. Over 30 mins later the same dentist came back in and shouted at his assistant to hurry up as he wanted to go to lunch. Then I was knocked out by the medication. I woke at about 7pm (I arrived at 9am) in excruciating pain with no one in my room and most of the lights off. Finally someone came in and put me in a wheelchair and placed me in the waiting room. Nothingno prescription for my medication, no post-surgery rundownI found someone who I begged for painkillers. I was sent on my way with a small bag of cotton swabs, 2 badly photocopied sheets of things to do and two business cards with two appointment times on them. I went down about two weeks later to have some impressions done (for my crowns) and have my stitches taken out. I was there nearly 4 hours. Two weeks later I went down to get them and again was waiting for hours. I got them done and they looked OK. I went to sleep that evening and woke up with a cracked front tooth. I went down and wasted another half day to get a temporary one fitted AGAIN. The following night ANOTHER permanent one cracked. Now I wear a gum shield EVERY single night. The only night I forget to put it in I get a cracked front tooth. Thats 3 out of 4 cracked. I recently went down for my scheduled appointment to have the second step of the implants done. I went down for a 9am appointment and was told because I didnt want to take the oral sedation I would have to come back at 1pm. WHY? I came back at 1. I STOOD there for 2 hours before I finally asked how long it was going to be. I was taken into a room and a guy came in to inject the anesthetic and was about to do the wrong area. I told him to stop. He argued with someone and then came back and got it right. 45 minutes later with it wearing off I finally got out of the chair and went to see if anyone was coming back. Someone did finally and the work was done (except for the stitches). I was told to keep my mouth shut with gauze to stop the bleeding. 30 minutes later I started to feel dizzy so I wandered into the hall and asked if someone can help me as I was nearly choking on my own blood. At this point Dr Teich marched down the hallway and said angrily I suggest you sit down and stop disrespecting my staff. Ive had 6 complaints about you today. I knew that was a lie as Id only spoken to three of them. He then slammed the door in my face. Someone immediately came into the room to help me (while mumbling under his breath). I walked out and demanded to see Mike Schneider to express my absolute shock but another member of his crew, a guy called Art Thompson was requested. I was ushered into an office so the other people couldnt hear what I was saying. I demanded an apology from Dr Teich. Art said hed call me the next day which he did but he hadnt spoken to Dr Teich yet. That was over a month ago. Ive left 5 messages for him. The bad news for them is that Im a member of the press. I took pictures of the bloody tissues crammed under doors, blood on the supposedly clean tools, and the dirt and dust in all the rooms. Maybe an undercover operation will expose who this company really is. If you want to WASTE YOUR time for mediocre work then please go ahead and visit them but youve been warned. Oh, google Dr Teich tooan interesting read.
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   Joan Light 0 Votes
I am a victim of dental Implant fraud and cheat. A year ago I went to the Smile Implant Center as a result of advertisement. The place was very impressive and all of the new arrivals were given an impressive presentation. I entered into contract & signed a contract. I made the full payment in advance. I thought all would be well. The Implant would be a Nobel Biocare product. Before the surgery to plant the implant in my bones I was specifically assured by the first dentist Dr. Jones that the implant would be as written on contract-Nobel Biocare. I even told Dr. Jones about some bad experiences with 3M implant products . To my surprise I just found the owner of the Smile Implant Center not only did not use Nobel Biocare, but put a cheap free sample from one of 3M's subsidiary called Imtec product in me. Imtec is less than was less than two years old and in already out of existence. Although the implant is still ok, but I have been cheated.
 18th of Aug, 2011 by   toothlessdracula 0 Votes
you may have new teeth but for sure not a smile. If you want to wait, until you get older, this is the best place. Do not try to save money if you have it, they will rip your time off.
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by   Johnsmith001 0 Votes
The owner, Thomas Tiech DDS, has been sanctioned numerous times by the Arizona dental board while practicing there. He lost his license due to insurance fraud and had to pay a large sume of restitution as well as doing jail time. Here is a link to the Arizona dental board listing complaints against him:
 9th of Jan, 2012 by   markdneck 0 Votes
My own comments are posted here and I would like to reiterate; This is a huge practice and they may see as many implant patients as all the ret of the dentists in our area combined. Dental implants have a sort of "cosmetic surgery" aspect and some people are just unreasonable really expecting to look 21 again when they are closer to 81 and sure they don't get what they want 100%. I say thi9s as I have referred many friends to the Smile Implant Center and my wi9fe has referred many, many co-workers. As far as I know everyone was and is pleased with the comfortable procedures, low prices and professionalism displayed. Sure they get crowded and yes, sometimes procedures early in the day run longer than expected and you can have a wait ... Sometimes but this is because they are so damned popular and their prices are better than anyone else in OC. The complaints about waiting time just kill me. I am sure you can go to a quieter dentist's office who has done a few Implants and have no wait but pay three tikes as much. For me I will go to the experts and I am delighted that between my wife and I we saved more than $10, 000 using Smile Implant Center... Really!
 16th of Oct, 2012 by   Newmyr 0 Votes
Teich & Abazarnia Dental Corporation
Thomas J. Teich DDS

Arizona
The Board of Dental Examiners revoked Thomas J. Teich’s license due to seventy-two (72) violations of knowingly making any false or fraudulent statement, written or oral, in connection with the practice of dentistry and obtaining fees by fraud or misrepresentation, or willfully or intentionally filing a fraudulent claim with the third party for services rendered or to be rendered to a patient. Dr. Teich pled guilty to the felony of mail fraud, was sentenced to a prison term of 15 months. Dr. Teich was responsible for the management of A to Z Dental. His acts and practices in connection with the advertisement and sale of new and used dental equipment constituted deceptive acts and practices, fraud, false pretenses, false promises, misrepresentation and the concealment, suppression or omission of material facts with the intent that others rely there on, in violation of the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act. A history of cocaine dependence.

Illinois
Dr. Teich’s license was revoked.

California
An accusation filed with the Dental Board against Dr. Teich for repeated negligent acts and unprofessional conduct-patient abandonment.

Wrongful Death/Medical Malpractice

Rating at the Better Business Bureau as of the date of this posting is an F.

To file your complaint with the Better Business Bureau

To file your complaint with the Dental Board of California
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   Newmyr 0 Votes
WARNING, DANGER, stay far away from these people. They took our money, only did part of the work, abandon my treatment then refused to refund the remainder of our money. If you've been victimized by them file complaints with the Dental Board, http://www.dbc.ca.gov/formspubs/form_complaint.pdf
and the Federal Trade Commission,
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ We need to let these Boards know what is going on out here.
Then contact attorney Lou Cutrone (818) 344-1737 @ Cutrone & Associates, http://www.cutronelaw.com/index.html
Also, contact David Goldstein, investigative reporter on CBS2/KCAL9 news @ 818-655-2442.
 8th of Jan, 2013 by   yucca13 0 Votes
I had a very bad experience with Smile Implant Center and was refunded my fees because of it. I was shocked to hear of the 57 year old woman's death due to malpractice from oral sedation. That could have been me.
 25th of Jan, 2013 by   Johnny B Good 0 Votes
On 1-17-2013 Kamala Harris files a complaint against Thomas John Teich on behalf of the Dental Board of California listing TEN COUNTS FOR DISIPLINARY ACTIONS...

401k Withdrawals - What You Need to Know