logo

GWM South Africa
Poor after sales service
2. (17 mins ago)
Bulliongurus Research Private Limited
beware of this company! it causes nothing but extreme loss!
3. (25 mins ago)
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
4. (27 mins ago)
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM - SCAMMER
5. (30 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Don’t buy from them- -total scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Skyway USA, Jackson, KY, Washington Complaints & Reviews - BAD COMPANY!!!!!!!

Skyway USA Contacts & Informations

1199 main street
Jackson, KY, Washington
Phone: 606-666-8883
www.skywayusa.com
I e-mailed skyway and said that I would like to cancel and please let me know what is involed in doing this (where to return the equipment exc..) the next day I went to get on the dial up internet that takes forever to get on to and when you do get on it will kick you off, or will take forever to pull up a page. I also run a internet business...(not going well) some pages it will not come up at all. That day I tryed to check my e-mails to see if they had e-mailed back...I could not get on the internet. So I called the company and was to call the next day to talk to someone then. So I did, when I called I had to talk to 3 people and found out that they turned off my internet and charged my visa $599.95. They said I had a contract with them for a year. I told them I did not sign a contract and what about the $100.00 rebate I was suppose to get when we had to buy the equipment. And get this she said she e-mailed me to let me know she had canceled...I asked her how was I suppose to get this e-mail when I can't get on the internet?????And my account was already paid for the month...so if you go with this company you will be calling every 3 to 4 days to see why you internet is so slow...and you will be passed around until someone will tell you to clean your cookies...or unplug there equipment for 5mins. or so and all should be good...It's not worth it!!! I pay $50.00 a month for this service...Look some where else...They took money from me with out me knowing...Good Luck!!!
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Jun, 2008 by   lalala09 0 Votes
I am also a skyway customer, while im not happy with peak hours and a few minor things, I must say when i printed the rebate the customer contract prints out with it, thats what you sign when you mail the rebate, a rebate form and 3 pages of contract, i would suggest reading what you sign.
 9th of Jul, 2008 by   Dave 0 Votes
SkywayUSA is a BAD BAD company
They sent me equipment that I couldn't get to work and get any signal with and I have an FCC license --The equipment is bogus the company doesn't care -they will scam you -They play games with you
I have complained to the credit card company and reported the company to the FTC, the CA Attorney General and the BBB as a fraudulent business
LET PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS THEY HAVE NO ETHICS
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   mortloanofficer -1 Votes
ORDER SKYWAY USA satellite internet service ONLY IF YOU ARE A FOOL AND WANT TO BLOW MONEY!!!
I have used Skyway USA crap since January. I can not wait for the year contract to end. At first, the little gadget (LBN) was faulty, so I'd been paying for the service for a month and not even able to use it. The tech guy if thats what you call him was rude and claimed it was because the sattellite was not set up right and he couldnt help with that. (Although it plainly says on the website that tech support will help guide you through the satellite set up issues. Well, turns out the LBN gadget was faulty as well as the modem not working right. They sent a new one, and I got a $20 charge! THEN, I got MORE charges...more than the $30/mth I was only supposed to be charged. I wasted WAY too much time on the phone with uneducated workers there, some with attitude! I called 7 times before I finally got these UNAUTHORIZED charges credited back! I was told the "new" computer system was doing it. But, I read complaints on this company dated a year before where people were getting charged when they had to return a faulty gadget and you ARE NOT suppose to be charged for that just as the tech guy told me. Oh, and I was told that if I dispute the unauthorized charges, my service would be cut off and I'd get charged fees. When I asked the ignorant girl how'd she think that was possible, she said, "because we cant give you service you arent payng for!" That's when I reminded her that I'd already been charged for the NEXT month of service which of course I hadnt used, PLUS other charges that I never authorized!!

As for the speed...SLOW SLOW SLOW!!! I am being completely honest when I tell you that some days it will take 1-2mins for just 1 page to open. It is so frustrating. Some websites will not open at all with this service. I have called 3 times about it and was told they'd find out the problem and call/email me...never did! Sometimes you will have to try connecting 4 or more times before it works which wastes ALOT of time if you have a business or have limited time. Sometimes (like now) you get no service other than dial-up. The satellite goes out I guess, so you have to call and wait. They have WAY more customers than the servers can handle. Heck, one of the "tech support" guys even told me that. Well, he said that it was slow because they need to upgrade servers and cant even send out new packages until they do. I asked how long before the servers will be upgraded. "Uh, about 60 days" he said. 60 days!!! So, if you ordered this service and there was a delay in getting your equipment and they told you the stuff was on backorder or whatever, now you see. I waited and waited on mine and was about to call and cancel, but then it arrived. Damnit! What a fool I was! If you order this after knowing what the rest of us have had to deal with, you deserve whatever you get...and have no right to complain.
 7th of Sep, 2008 by   Concerned Citizen -1 Votes
skyway usa is got to be the biggest scam company. First I ordered this piece of crap worthless cannot find satelite all over my roof. I called tech support get professional install she said the nearest one is like 2 hours away from me what a freaking joke? They couldn't get the guy to come because it's too far. She suggested I called a proffessional install near me, they charge more then double and they said they doubted they were able to find signal. I didn't even bother to have it install. I repeat, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY. I didnot even bother to return this piece of crap. STAY WAY!
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   Betty Herring 0 Votes
I ordered skyway on Aug. 24th and rec. the satellite about 5 days later and i called and told them that ineeded to get the installer out to my house to install it. She told me it would be about a week because they were installing a neww satellite. I called back in a week and they still did not send anyone out. I sent then 5 emails and I finnaly got a answer after the 5th email from and Mr. Bosic and he said someone would called and set up a date to come ond install it. A lady called and said the installer would call me in a day or two and I waited until Sept. 24th and I called them again and a lady said some one woul called me right back. I waited all day and no one called, so I called my vredit co. and tol them to charge it back to them. The installer called me at 4:30p.m. on the 26th and I told him I did not want the satellie. Then I called and talk to a P. arnold and she said she would give me credit for 149.95 the insttlation fee and she did and then she said she would send me a return sticker by Fed x to send it back. And when they got the sattellite back she would credit my account for 203.00. I never did open the box and I sent it back by Fed X and thet received it on Oct. 24th. I called my credit card co. and they had chg. my account back 254.oo.. So I called them this week to talk to Mr. Bosic.And they gave me 167. dollars back. They some of the equipment was missing and I had to pay for the shipping incoming. The guy I talk was the most hateful person I have ever talked to and I told them thet were nothing but a big scam. They block my phone# so I couldn"t call them. I am turing thme over to the BBB and the FCC
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   Karen Inwards 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT/SERVICE!!! My husband and I decided to order Skyway after we called Dish Network to change cable providers and we wanted to get high-speed internet. A guy with Dish named Toby said that he had Skyway and it worked just fine, it just needed "a little installation"...we stupidly thought that just meant a modem or something easy. We got the box and holy crap, is there really a company that expects us to climb out on the roof and install a satellite and run a line to get internet???!!! We didn't even attempt to hook it up, we wanted to return it immediately. My husband called Skyway for three days in a row, at least one of the days three different times, he always got the receptionist Rhonda who always transferred him to Trish in the billing department and he always got her voicemail and was never called back. Even after he asked/demanded to talk to a manager or somebody in charge he ended up with Trish's voicemail. Today, the fourth day, he called again and miraculously was able to talk to Trish directly, who had no idea who he was so apparently she had no intention of calling him back regarding any of the messages he left for her. When hearing of his wish to return this stupid thing she told him that they didn't accept returns once the box has been opened. He asked her how was he supposed to know what a piece of crap it is to install if he didn't open the box and she said that's the deal. He threatened to call the bank to stop the charge for this garbage and then call the BBB, the local news, Dish Network, friends, family, and anybody/everybody who would listen and only then did she back off and say that she would accept a return. Trish said that she had to charge him a $50 disconnect fee and he said for what, the satellite isn't even out of the box and he's never used the service. Out of $253 she agreed to refund $153 AFTER he returns the box on his own dime and it is verified by them that no parts are missing and that can take 2-3 weeks...somehow I doubt we'll receive that refund. I SO WISH that I had seen this website before we agreed to this company, this is the worst scam I have seen in my life...we were at least fortunate enough to not have spent as much time, money, and effort as some of the other customers that have posted complaints here...this is absolutely terrible, this company should NOT be in business.
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   springcitydoc +1 Votes
February 14, 2009
I am a resident in a small and remote community in East Tennessee, this is a heavy tree covered and hilly part of Tennessee. For the past two or three years our local telephone company has been unable to supply several area residents like myself with DSL services as they had advertised. I finally got disgusted with their excuses and their dial-up service, did a little research on the internet and found skywayusa to be the cheapest service offered. I called skyway to ensure there was a local access number, I was told there was and I then placed my order via their internet site. I placed my order around 1:30 that day and to my surprise had the equipment sitting on my porch the next day. To me, that justified the $48.95 shipping expense. I have never mounted a dish before, so, it did take me 30 to 45 minutes to read and put the dish together, another hour to mount it on my roof, ground it and align it to the satellite. The modem takes at best 5 minutes to set up. At first, I could only get a yellow signal, The compass that comes in the installation kit isn't worth a hoot, so use your own. I emailed skyway and then called tech support, I took their advise and in the installation kit there is what they call a SAT BEEPER and it works like a charm. It is meant to align the dish with the correct satellite. When used as directed, it will give you a high pitched tone upon alignment with the correct satellite and you will be in the green and receiving a satellite signal in no time. Skyway also called back the next day to ensure I wasn't having any trouble. I did some heavy research before deciding on skyway. I was paying $9.95 a month for the sorriest form of internet access there is, Dial-Up. My download time are minutes not hours now. I have yet to be kicked off and Skyway's $29.95 internet service plan has exceeded this guys expectations. When compared to other available internet service plans, it can't be beat. It doesn't take an engineering degree to install these systems, if you change the oil in your own car then you can install one of these. I do believe there are some that don't do their homework prior to purchasing the system and when they fail to understand, want to blame some company rather than themselves. The internet is the only real free thing in life but gaining access to it does cost.
$150.00 fee to install is not an outrageous price to pay. Some people expect something for nothing.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   Logger 0 Votes
One great thing about SKYWAY, is, that between the hours of Midnight and 6am,
you are not charged anything against your "Reasonable-Use" account. That means, that if
you have lots of high-volume downloading to do, do it then and you will NEVER
have a problem . I used the $29.95 level, and found it exceedingly better than
the dial-up speed of 26.4 kbs that I had to endure before Skyway@. Let's face it
folks, Broadband IS EXPENSIVE, but one can still find a way to increase speed on the
internet for a reasonable price if one is willing to play by the rules.
 28th of May, 2009 by   ino 0 Votes
As for the Skyway USA speeds, think of the modem as a router, it will split the speeds. So it your dial up is approx 32k cut it in half, that is about how fast your upload will be (depending on your computer). For the download, depends on how much money you want them to steal. The company has to order bandwidth, which trying to get $ out of Duwain, is hard enough. He expects the company to run and make him and his cohort’s money without providing a good service. Billing is a joke. They use the vm system just to collect the calls, not to return any. The rebate is used as a ploy for people to think that they are getting something for hardly anything. Read the fine print, it is a contract. If they do not have the “rebate" with your signature, then they have no leg to stand on. The type of company and their reputation revolves on the type of people that they have working for them. They don't care if your system works or not. If you complain too much, then your account is labeled to be trouble. They think up ways to screw you. The talk about the people with Customer Service/Billing/Installations/Dealer Services, are the best yet. The claim that by small town people handling things for you, it is good. I have nothing against a small town, I am from one myself, but the small town service from Skyway USA is nonexistent. This company is an absolute joke. I read up that the town they are from, they tried to get a building claiming that they could build up the revenue for that town, only if they were given the option to use said building, it was denied. From quotes around that town, they already know what type of people they are.

My suggestion is, that get your current computer running good, and keep dial up, buy Hughes or wild blue, or move to dsl area. These people are not worth the effort.

And if you do decide to use them, forgo the rebate, and use a prepaid credit card. That way if you decide to cancel, they legally have no contract, and they can't unknowingly bill your credit or debit card without your permission as they so frequently do.

If they have done any of the above, call your CC Company and dispute the charges, if you use a debit card, contact your local county Attorney, Attorney General Office, BBB. It is a lot of trouble to go through but in the end you will win.

Good luck to all that risk it.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   B.M.A. 0 Votes
I got SkyWayUSA back in March this year. Same thing...paying $49.95 a month, slow slow slow speed, on phone all the time (when I can get someone to answer), finally they said to just unplug and reboot modem when it gets slow or pay to have new modem sent to me. I have to call every month to see if my bill due, they send no invoices, got mad because I refused to give them credit card information to do automated billing. I told them I don't do that, I don't like not knowing when bill coming due. I tried to cancel service but they threatened to bill me $250 for early termintation. I asked why I didn' sign a contract and I bought equipment and installed my self. I never got answer on that. Ridiculous. Sucky service, sucky equipment, sucky customer service. Can't wait for year to be up. Switching services as soon as this supposed one year contract up. I also printed and filled out the Rebate form and mailed it in. Never got the rebate, when called (60 days after service began) they claimed they never got form and refused to give rebate, said time was up. So lost out on that too. Big scam.
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   Colfax dude 0 Votes
I haved had Skywayusa two years...never a problem. I installed it myself. Customer service great. Northern california
 8th of Sep, 2009 by   mickey-c 0 Votes
When I went with Skyway they said I would get a rebate of 150.00. I waited for 3mo. and called, no replay. I E=mailed the sale mgr., he said that I would get my rebate 120 days, didn't come E-mailed back, he was not with Skyway any more. I called and was told he was wrong., that I had filled out the rebate wrong, and would not get one. Now that is what I call someone you would like to visit for a few minutes... Please don't go with SKYWAY...
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   Brenda Stinson 0 Votes
I have alot to say about skyway, they are sorry, sorry sorry. I was on the Internet A few hours a day for 5 days after I got it installed and it slowed down to a snells crawl.I called them and they said the more I use it the slower it gets Mind you I only had it for 5 days. so in other words I can only use it for maybe 30 minutes a day. I guess they think I am getting my 30 dollars worth. I had rather have dial up at least i got on a page. It kicks me off the Internet half the time and it takes sometimes 30 minutes to get on one thing.I am a fool.I should have checked out this page before I got it. They said I would get one month free but I didn't. They didn't bother telling me about alot of this stuff, and i didn't sign no contract either so I would like to know how can they hold us to this little scam of theirs if there is no contract?
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   J in Alabama 0 Votes
I was a customer of skyway for a very brief period. I changed my tv satellite provider so that I could finally have faster internet services for the area I currently reside in. I changed to DISH Network on the presumption that internet services would be provided through them. After completing my conversion to DISH, I was told that SKYWAY USA would be handling my internet services and they were completely seperate from DISH. I was a littled dumbfounded, but continued with the transition. I spoke with a a very nice representative from your company and he insured me that the installation was very simple and my service would be superb for the area I lived in. During the conversation, I was charged $194.00 and was told that $100.00 would be refunded to me.
I came in from work one Friday evening to find a huge box awaiting me from SKYWAY USA. I was completely overwhelmed by this massive satellite that I was to install. I was assured in the beginning by your representative that I would be able to install everything on my own. Wrong! I did not remove any of the contents of the box. The next day, Saturaday, I called to get return information on how to return the equipment. When I finally got a representative on the phone and told him that I needed to return the equipment, he sternly told me that I would have to call on Monday.
I called on Monday. No one ever answered the phone. I was placed on hold for what seems like forever. This continued for a few days. After a few weeks of this, I finally got Kelley on the phone and she seemed knowledgable and helpful. She said that she would email me return instructions and a RA number. This went on for another couple of weeks. When I would call her, the person who had to approve the return had not yet gotten to work or just left. I became very annoyed after about a month and a half of this nonsense. Kelley finally sent me and email with return information.
Strangely her supervisor gave me a call. He was one of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. He told me that I was not going to be refunded any of my money and I assured him that I would.
It cost me about $50.00 to return the equipment. Again, another few weeks went by, I had not heard anything from SKYWAY. I called Kelley again and she assured me that she would personally handle my case that day. I was finally refunded $19.50 to my credit card.
This makes no sense at all to me. I have spent months and $244.00 on nothing. Customer service is awful.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   Ms.Kitty #1 0 Votes
skyway usa is the BIGGEST RIPOFF.AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS ON SATELLITE WE WENT TO DIAL UP AND STAYED THERE.WHEN I CALLED, THEY KEPT PUTTING ME OFF TELLING ME THE PERSON I NEEDED TO TALK TO WAS OUT I SENT SEVERAL E-MAILS THEN THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD TAKE 3 DAYS FOR THEM TO GO OVER THE RECORDING TO SEE IF I WAS RIGHT BY THEN MY 30 DAYS WAS UP THEY TOOK $150.00 OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR MONTHLY FEES THEN THEY TOOK $ 199.00 FOR CANCELING THE SUB. THEN THEY TOOK ANOTHER $50.00 FOR FEB.WHEN I TALKED TO ( K. GLENN) SHE SAID "WHEN ARE YOU SENDING THE 199.00 FOR CANCELING THE SUB" I SAID, "I AM NOT YOU TOOK IT OUT OF THE CHECKING ACCOUNT AND YOU TOOK ANOTHER MONTH SUB OUT ALSO.I CANCELED 01-09-2010 AND HAVE THE E-MAIL TO PROVE IT. SHE SAID, OH!SO THE 199.00 IS PAID, THEN IT WILL TAKE 2 OR 3 DAYS TO PUT THE $50.00 BACK IN YOUR ACCT.I ASK HER IF THEY WAS GOING TO PAY THE OVERDRAFT FEES TOO. SHE SAID THAT WAS NOT HER PROBLEM, I TOLD HER THE WAY I SAW IT WAS IT, THEY TOOK OUT OF MY CHECKING ACC. AFTER I CANCELED AND THAT WAS STEALING PLAN AND SIMPLE.SHE SAID WE WILL NOT PAY THE OVERDRAFT FEE. SO THE WAY I SEE IT $199.00 the system +50.00 monthly fee for Dec +50.00 for monthly fee for Jan ( and i had it cut off 1-9-10)+$50.00 for monthly for Feb.+ the 199.00 to cancel the contract+$40.00 for over draft fees= So i didn't even get a kiss with this !@#$%^*.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   pamuloid 0 Votes
Skyway is a SCAM!!! They quoted me a price of $100 for installation but repeatedly told me that "95% of customers can install it themselves". I repeatedly asked if I could get installation at a later time for $100 if we were not able to do it ourselves and the representative continually said "yes". When I called later for the installation, as we could not do it ourselves, they told me it would cost $150. I explained what I was told and they stated they would listen to the recording. They somehow then managed to not hear what the recording said and stated that we had no conversation about the price at all. I told them that they clearly had the wrong recording as we had a lengthy conversation about the price. They then stated that not all calls are recorded. They flat out refused to work with me. I was forced to pay the $150 installation because I now own $250 of equipment I can't use and a two year contract at $30 a month that I can't get out of. This is the worst business going!!!

Health Care Reform: What Now?

Latest Groups