logo

SCAMMING PEOPLE ?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ShopNBC Complaints & Reviews - Their customer service has a lot to be desired!

ShopNBC Contacts & Informations

ShopNBC

Posted:    Valerie

Their customer service has a lot to be desired!

Although ShopNBC may tout themselves as being such an "upscale" tv shopping service, their customer service has a lot to be desired. I have sat on hold for a total of over 6 hours to speak to a customer service rep - to o avail!!! When I called their sales line, they basically told me that they were a a different call center - and do nothing to help me - except to take another order - of course!!

I have been trying to return and have replaced a $1200 bracelet - that broke within 2 days of receiving it. Shop NBC has made this process very difficult - as they do not answer their "24 by 7" customer service line. I am ready to contact my State Attorney Generals's office about this scam.
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2007 by   jason perry 0 Votes
I bought a tv from this worse place i have ever bought anything from.yes i accidentally bought 2 56 inch tvs and i sent 1 back and shopnbc never signed the form to receive the tv back .so in the last 2 months they took 2 payments at time witch is what i new they were going 2 do but they took it every 2 weeks at$550 every 2 weeks when its supposed to be every month is what they said so thats $2200 dollars in two months and now i have no food my bills r so far behind ill never catch up and im evicted from my place and have 3 weeks 2 find a place with no money thank u very much u scumbags i will tell everyone i no to NEVER by nothing from u losers and u will see my lawyer thanks very much 4 ruining my life love it.
 9th of Nov, 2007 by   John Smith 0 Votes
First off, if you call the order line of course you are not going to get help. They do just that, take orders. Customer service always answers the phone so don't start with this "6 hours to get no one bull"... Your order should of had a smart label that is prepaid and the $5.99 fee would not have been charge if the item is truly not damaged. I hope your attorney general laughed at you for such a little amount of effort to resolve your issue.

And for Mr. 2 TVs. Did you ever get the RMA issues as the BACK OF YOUR INVOICES STATES?
 29th of Nov, 2007 by   Wijen cotfer 0 Votes
I have never once seen anybody hold for longer then one hour... if you are going to complain.. complain accurately.
 3rd of Jan, 2008 by   saphira brown 0 Votes
I purchased a cz ring from the paracites at shopnbc and realized that I was in for a ripoff of a special kind when the stone fell out. When I tried to contact the customer service department, I was treated like it was my fault their product fell apart in less than six months time. My next move is to the Attorney Generals Office in my area so I can attempt to recover some of my funds. They did not offer me the protection plan and when I attempted to purchas it the day the ring was delivered, I was denied. Further more, Dale, the customer service person I had the misfortune of talking to appeared to be bi-polar. Imagine that. I will never make another purchase from these idiots that sell less than quality goods to unsuspecting consumers.
 17th of Feb, 2008 by   peter contos 0 Votes

Scam and rip off! - ShopNBC

Never received $100.00 rebate as per confirmation received from OnRebate.biz.
 18th of Mar, 2008 by   debbie soupik 0 Votes
I totally agree. Shop NBC should never contract with a credit card company (GE Bank) that have no one there to speak AMERICAN! After going thru so many prompts... press 1 for this; 2 for that; etc. Also, we purchased a 62inch DLP tv from them..and within 1 year the bulb burned out! we also stupidly purchased the extra protection... and for what! They say the bulb is a consumable product just like batteries...and is not covered. I told them perhaps it was defective from the start...and the bulb (which costs $350+ to replace) should not burn out within 1 year. Especially since no one is home during the week to watch the tv. That is absoutely absurb and I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM SHOP NBC AGAIN@! And I tell everyone i can not to buy from them! pass the word!!!
 4th of Apr, 2009 by   Tracy 0 Votes
I have ordered a number of electronics from QVC & HSN using value pay and never a problem. If you choose the value pay from Shop NBC they will pull your credit. You do not have to give them your social security number just your name and address gives them the right to pull your credit. The first intallment is automatically deducted and then your credit is pulled. If you do not meet their criteria - The order is cancelled. The first installment off of your credit card and or Debit Card is not refunded for 3 business days. So if you order something expensive like a TV - you can say goodbye to your first installment of usually $500+ for the next 3 business days. If you order on a Friday that means your $500 will not credit back until Wednesday.In my years ordering off the internet - I have never been so mislead.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   Poor customer service 0 Votes
I purchsed an item an electronic couple of months ago. I was offered a 4 month payment for this item. A couple of weeks later I received a phone message that my credit card had been declined. It turned out that I had given them my old number that had cancelled during the time my new card came in. I called them back immediately to the number they left. No one would ever answered this number, and I kept leaving voicemails. The voice mail continued to say that you could leave your card number and they would process it immediately for you. I finally left my card number on their recording after I received a message that they were going to turn me over to collection. After that day, I never heard back from them. I was checking my accounts online this morning and noticed that my card was never charged. I called back this morning, finally talked to someone, and they said they have no record of me ever calling!!!...and stated that they had turned me over to collection. The only way I could clear this up was to pay the ENTIRE balance in full...although there was only one charge that had not gone through. It amazes me that there are actually honest people that make honest mistakes and wants to clear them up efficiently. The customer service was rude and sounded as if they just crawled out of bed. My teenagers are more polite and enthusiastic when talking to complete strangers. The manager stated that they only have 11 people working between the hours of 11 -4...and any other time there is only 2!!! No wonder I could never get anyone to answer my phone calls!! I can't believe they are able to get away with this!!!
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   professor 0 Votes
I agree that ShopNBC is running a scam. I also think that they are in collusion with the crapy rebate company.

I purchased a 17in Toshiba Laptop which I hate, so I gave it away, but that another story!! I sent the required documentation for the REBATE back in July, 2009. It is now, October 7, 2009 and I still have not received the rebate!!! I have placed numerous telephone calls to both the Rebate Company and ShopNBC, without any resolution. The Rebate company tells me that the rebate was sent. during the next telephone call, 'm told that the rebate will be sent this week. During the next phone call, I'm told that its waiting to be sent from their Bulk Mail Area. Obviously they are lying each time I call because I get a different answer from each person I speak to and still NO Rebate yet!!

Based uon my experience, I have concluded that ShopNBC's Rebate Offer is just a scam and that once you make the purchase, it's so difficult to obtain the rebate, ShopNBC hopes that you will just give up and forger about receiving it. WELL, I'M NOT!! I am sending a complaint to the Consumer Affairs Department of the Attorney General's office in the State of Arizona, were the Crapy Rebate Company is located as well as the State in which ShopNBC headquarters is located.

Last year I ran into a similar problem in receiving a rebate on a Bigscreen TV. So, I pretty sure the delay in receiving the rebates are their standard opporating proceedure of cheating their customers out of the advertised rebates. I sincerely believe that their plan is to make it so difficult for you to actually receive the rebate, that they hope you will just throw-in the towel and give up. But NOT me!!! Needless to day, I will NEVER purchase anything else from that lying company again or buy another Toshiba product. The laptop has so many popup screens asking "are you sure, you want to do that" that it was so time consuming just to get to my email, that I gave the laptop away remain a loyal Compaq customer. I have always been happy with the quality and reliability of Compaq and purchased the Toshiba because of the advertised $200 rebate incentive, which so far, I have not received after 3 months of telephone call and asking about it!!! Who has time for these games? Shame on ShopNBC and shame on me for thinking there was actually some measure of Truth in Advertising!!!
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   Hate SHOPNBC 0 Votes
I've purchased over $2000.00 from Shopnbc this year and will never buy from them again. After payning off all my value-pays I still get a statement saying I owe more to GE Moneybank. Then the real fun starts with the customer service...wow, I still can't get an answer from them. They transfer you back and forth and no one seems to know what to do. ShopNBC isn't authorized to acess my account from GE and visa-vera...what a f...ing joke! I'm still trying to get answers to this day!!! They lost a good customer and I will pass along this info to anyone interested in SHOPNBC.
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   MADCUSTOMER83 0 Votes
ALL I CAN SAY IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! I AM TRYING TO CLOSE ON MY HOME AND THE MORTGAGE COMPANY CALLED AND SAID WELP NOT THIS MONTH YOU WONT!!! THE REAson why is becAUSE THEY PULLE DMY DAMN CREDIT!!! NEVER TOLD ME THEY WOULD AND THEY NEVER TOOK MY SSN I CALLED AND SPOKE TO THE NASTIEST SUPERVISOR EVER EVERETT BRYANT HE IS THE NASTIEST EVEN LAUGHTED I TOLD HIM I CANT CLOSE ON MY HOME DUE TO THIS INQUIRY AND HE REALLY LAUGHED AND TOLD ME THAT ITS ONLINE THE DISCLOSURES IF U NOT ONLINE HOW WILL U KNOW, , I SAW IT ON TV NOT ONLINE AND REP NEVER TOLD ME HE SAID THEY DONT HAVE TO TELL ME U SHOULD KNOW... WHATTTTT?????????? CORPORATE AND THEN LAWSUIT!!! WAITING ON MANAGER TO CALL BACK TOM!!! I am FURIOUS!!!
 5th of Apr, 2012 by   Sandy Neider 0 Votes
ShopNBC sells crap! I bought a madi Claire handbag from them supposedly leather that smells, feels, looks like cheap plastic with threads sticking out all over the bag, its just an awful looking thing.I bought a sapphire ring from them several months ago that was nothing to write home about too.I wish I had found this site before I bought anything from them--will never shop there again!!

Unhealthy Health Food