logo

RIVERSIDE CPS
CPS IS A SCANDLE . THEY TAKE KIDS FOR JOB SECURITY
2. (26 mins ago)
Dunkin Donuts
dirt in cake donut dough
3. (29 mins ago)
Never Buy!!!!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Scotts Puppy Palace, Arkansas Complaints & Reviews - Sick puppy..Lied and denied

Scotts Puppy Palace Contacts & Informations

Scotts Puppy Palace

Posted:    liz

Sick puppy..Lied and denied

Scotts Puppy Palace
Arkansas
Was told by breeder Farica of Scotts Puppy Palace that a male Malt-tzu she was selling on her web site was a very tiny little boy and he would be 4lbs full grown and very healthy.I picked him up at airport he had watery stool with blood in it.They refused responsibility.After having puppy treated by vet, puppy started to keep his weight on and continued to grow to be 12lbs..Scotts Puppy Palace claims that they specialize in Teacup breeds, that's what they do.When contacting them about this matter I was insulted by Farica and never heard from them again.

Comments United States Dog Breeders
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jun, 2010 by   caligalsheshe +1 Votes
Sorry to hear about your puppys illness, I am not sure you can breed 2 diffrent breeds together and guarantee the size will be tiny. All of the Maltise and Shizhus I have ever seen are around 10-12 lb, I suppose that there would be a genetic throw back in size. A little bit bigger dog is easier to walk on a leash, less breakable, and probably will have less defects in the end. I hope you still love your pet.
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   Barb Brown 0 Votes
Sorry to hear your puppy was ill. I just purchased a Chihuahua from Scott and Farica. Lil Blue has no health problems what so ever. You are the only complaint against them that I have seen. I had no problems with the purchase or with Scott and his wife.
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   2010SadPuppies -1 Votes
I also have had issues with them. I received a teacup Yorkie puppy and after almost $500.00 in vet bills it passed away from cardio parvo. They denied that it had this disease when it left there home. They weren't even aware of two types of parvo. Cardio is contracted from the "mother" and not from stool like intenstinal parvo. They made no effort to rectify this issue. I refuse to even go to their site for anything. I know if my name were on the line that would matter but an innocent animals life should be above all first. Poor thing died with in a week of arrival. I am saddened to even think of how many ill puppies they "give away". Word to the wise, go to a breeder that you can personally visit and always get references and backgrounds on the breeders to be sure they aren't in any way a puppy mill situation.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   California Dreamer 0 Votes
BREEDER WARS

CYBER BULLYING IS GOING ON

DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   txstar07 -1 Votes
My bf and I purchased a "teacup" chihuahua from Scotts Puppy Palace about 5 yrs ago. They were very helpful answering our questions but toward the end when we payed they didnt listen to our request about not shipping my dog off till the next week. They went ahead and shippped her without our knowing and had my poor puppy waiting at the airport for almost 2 days!! However Addie is not a teacup like they promised but a very big 7lb chihuahua! She does have a genetic skin disorder that requires a shot every so month. If your going to buy from them please make sure your getting what you payed for, and do research about them. If I had known about all the complaints toward them I would have thought twice about buying a dog from them!
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   meeka1018 0 Votes
I ordered a puppy from Scott and Farica and I had no problems with them what soever. They were super helpful and great! And my dog is so wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better dog if I went there and picked it up myself. Happy, healthy and beautiful!
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   dc178p -1 Votes
Teacup dogs are the result of breeding two runts of a litter.Some times the strongest pup of that litter grow to a regular size. Like any other pet, or person ones health is in Gods hands. I have known people with Teacup dogs that have been very healthy and others with health issues.I do believe that Scott and Farica should try to make the situation better in a case like this as it is heart breaking for everyone when a pet is actually ill or dies. There should be some sort of compensation fora sick pet or a loss. No matter what the business is, the seller should always make good on there product. And to the seller "the customer is always right". To the buyer, If you wan't a guarantee you need to go to a local breeder or online breeder that will guarantee the health of your pet for 1yr.
 27th of Aug, 2011 by   Lana123 +1 Votes
I purchased two teacup yorkies from Scott and Farica and they were fine. Scott and Farica were very nice and helpful. The pups are wonderful and are very healthy. Don't believe everything you read. I would not hesitate one moment to recommend anyone from purchasing from Scotts Puppy Palace.
 13th of Oct, 2011 by   Puplover 0 Votes
After reading reviews and having purchased pure breed dogs from truly loving and incredible breeders, one thing to realize is that reputable breeders who are in it for the love of their dogs offer written contracts with health guarantees. If they aren't willing to do that, they don't believe their animals are healthy. Every good breeder I've talked to not only will replace your puppy of something happens that is clearly a health issue (early in ownership of course) but one even required that we give her right to buy the dog back if we ever had to give him up to protect the breed. Think about it is all I'm suggesting and ask for things in writing to protect yourself
 16th of Feb, 2012 by   Abbs216 0 Votes
I have just recently purchased 2 teacup yorkies from Scott and Farica Lipe. I have a male and female and are the sweetest and healthiest puppies ever. I don't understand where your complaints are coming from because we have had nothing but positive feelings towards Scott's Puppy Palace. We are from Indiana and picked them up from the airport. They were clean and looked exactly like the puppies we saw on the website. Ever since then Farica has kept in contact with us and checks on the puppies. They are also easy to get a hold of when you have questions and are the most caring people and You can tell they love their animals. I would definitely recommend Scott's Puppy Palace when wanting healthy and loving puppies especially Yorkies!
 5th of Mar, 2012 by   Mick813 0 Votes
My sister just purchased a tecup yorkie last week and received it on 2/28/2012, he supposedly had all its shots and was suppose to be healthy; as of yesterday, this little yorkie is in the hospital diagnosed with parvo and may not make it. I advised her not to purchase her dog through this so called breeder before looking into them further now she is beside herself and he may not survive and this will cost hundreds for the treatments. I made sure she made her purchase through a paypal account, so hopefully she can recoup her loses.
 11th of Mar, 2012 by   The Hafners 0 Votes
Your dumb, I just bought 2 Yorkies from them, Both of which have a 1 year good health warranty. Maybe if you didn't come off like a bit ch, they would have been more inclined to help you. No one can see the future.
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   Hotlouise +1 Votes
I bought a Yorkie from Farica and Scott. I also had just purchased a schnauzer from another breeder. Their personalities are totally different and i wanted Farica to help me find a home for my Yorkie after I came back from vacation because I didn't like her personality. Farica was very helpful and very willing to help me find a new home for her however we decided to keep our Yorkie because I adjusted and realized that my Yorkie loves me and the kids. I believe Scott and Farica are good family oriented people and that some animals have health issues like us. My Yorkie is healthy and so is my schnauzer and both of them have been together from DAY 1. If your gut tells you something doesn't feel right, go with your gut and look somewhere else..You have that right!!!
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   Hotlouise 0 Votes
ALYSSA...our Yorkie

16th of Jun, 2012 by   KellyMj 0 Votes
I bought a tiny chihuahua from them a few 3 years ago and I had had no problems with here great outoging little gril they only thing I see wrong with them is that they claim they have teacups and I do not believe there are any teacups they are just runts. They are very over prices where I paid $1200 with shipping for my girl and no papers on her what so ever I do not plan on breeding her in fact she is spayed but still for that price I would expect to see papers or something. I got another one year ago but not from them and I paid $400. I love my dogs but I would not pay $1200 again for a chihuahua.
 26th of Aug, 2012 by   Barbara W 0 Votes
My son brought a Morkie from them going on 4yrs ago. He wasn't a teacup like they said, he's 17lbs, but the sweetest lovable dog we have ever had. He had some stomach issues when we first got him, but after $900, and special food, haven't had a problem since. He does have knee problems, two torn ACL which I read in common in small breeds, from jumping. Had surgery on left leg which cost $2500, thanks a great Vet, he is doing great. Right leg will be done soon, he keeps hurting cause the left leg is good. Once surgery is done, was told he'll never have that problem again! If I was to get another small dog, I think I would go to a breeder close to me. I wouldn't trade our little Rascal for anything, but to be on safe side, pick them out yourself!
 28th of Jul, 2014 by   Kthomas3 0 Votes
My Yorkie/Maltese turned 1 on 7/12 and I purchased her from Scott's in September.. Was told she's a Toy/Teacup sent pictures of a tiny little thing.. Well she's not, she's extremely tall with long legs and larger than all of the Yorkies or Maltese we come across, my point is their site is very misleading and I just expected to get what I paid for, bottom line if you decide to purchase a pup from them DO NOT expect a teacup/toy because these puppies are not.. I love my girl to no end and glad I have her as a first time dog owner, and realistically we all know once you have the pup in your home loving them and attached it's not like your going to send them back or anything.. But as a consumer you have an expectation and mines was not met when it comes to Scott's Puppy Palace and surely for not the price I paid, I could of purchased 2 Yorkies and they would of been smaller and pure breed..
 28th of Jul, 2014 by   M Rifkin 0 Votes
As a consumer, you should research buying so-called "teacup" and "toy" animals. The business is ripe for fraud and abuse. So you are likely dealing with the devil. Watch out - it is easy to be burned.
 20th of Sep, 2014 by   S.C. Brown 0 Votes
I think the smart and responsible thing for any buyer to do is research as much as possible the breeders. Get references and if possible visit the home of the breeders. I noticed on Scott's Puppy Palace website there are no pics of the adult dogs they breed. Seeing the parent's would give you some idea of what your puppy will look like fully grown. Unfortunately there are so many breeders out there that are just in it for the money. I noticed also there are some religious statements from him on his website which to me is a big red flag. I believe people who try to make themselves look religious outwardly are in fact just hiding behind the rouse of religion and in reality are not religious at all. There appears to be more negative comments about Scott's Puppy Palace then positive. I would never buy a puppy from these people.

Medical Identity Robbers