logo

Perfect Match
Beware of this scam!
5. (28 mins ago)
ScoreSense
took money from my bank account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Scotts Lawn Service, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR GET THERE SERVICE

Scotts Lawn Service Contacts & Informations

Scotts Lawn Service

Posted: 2011-02-27 by    JIMMYDEANER

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR GET THERE SERVICE

Scotts Lawn Service
Pennsylvania
Horrible company, horrible employer, dont even use their own product, they use a cheap brand from overseas to save money ..I'm a current lawn tech in PA.. I was hired last year and I have hated it ever since and cannot wait to find another job.. The company does all they can to screw you over and pay you less. As most everyone else has said they raise the payout goals so you cant make commision and then make you work 6days a wk 60 hrs and you still dont get crap.. It is completely unbelievable how this company gets away with this.. I am embarrassed to go to lawns when they FORCE us to apply treatments in terential rain and even if the lawn is completely burned out in the middle of the summer.. They DO NOT care about the customer and their lawn, all they care about is making the techs treat as many lawns as posssible and paying them as little as possible.. Oh and this year we were one of the highest earning branches and we received a total of 46 dollars for our bonus.. What a freaking joke.. Oh and also the company will make you go to some field out in the middle of nowhere and spray your entire tanks of liquid so they dont have to pay to have this removed at the end of the year.. And ppl wonder why there lawns look poor, its because the techs are forced to do way more than what should be done in a day.. If it was lower, we could take our time.. For anyone who does gets Scotts, I reccomend telling the salesman you want to pay what the price scale says for your size lawn.. Salesman will underprice and undersize your lawn so they can make the sale and you think you are getting a good deal, but really, when we see this, bc of our high goals we just fly through your lawn cutting as many corners as possible.. People whose lawns are priced correctly will atleast get a better rushed job.. And I can say that this is true for pretty much all techs in our branch.. For those reading this who are technicians, we really need to form or join a union because this is just truly criminal how we are treated and paid.. Then again, I just need to get out of this company.. THEY ARE A JOKE
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Apr, 2011 by   The Truther +1 Votes
I totally agree with the above statement. I am a current tech at the runnemede branch in nj. And I can tell you that everything that the above tech from Pa said is absolutely true at the runnemede branch. Right now Scotts is running a "special" price of 29.95 for the first application which salesman are selling like crazy. Just one thing, with daily goals set up around $1, 100 for lawn techs, unless your lawn is very small you can bet the tech is cutting corners. Just do the math. $1, 100 divided by $29.95 that comes out to about 36 stops a day that the techs have to make. I see other techs cutting corners all the time and I have to admit that I have cut corners myself so I dont have to work saturday and make $4.00/hr. Thats right, Scotts is a horrible company to work for. They say that since they are a agricultural company they dont have to pay time and a half. So you get paid half time. Which is about $4.00/hr over 40. The products also suck that we use. Nothing is put down at the proper rate, applications are done in the rain, and the liquid application are so watered down. I also like how the bags of fertilizer that we use say to not use it anymore then 3 times per year and what are we doing, thats right applying the same granular fertilizers about 5 times per year. I personally cant wait till I get a job somewhere else. I am tired of working 50+ hrs a week while making chinese overtime, working in the rain, and also I hate lying to perfectly nice people just so I can do there application. All they want is what they paid for, a nice weed free green lawn that they will never get and are just getting ripped off. I personally think Scotts service is a joke. I see better looking lawns when people do there own lawn care themselves. I say if you read this, stop wasting your money and if your looking for employment, dont work here.
 23rd of Jul, 2011 by   Mr Warning +1 Votes
I agree, what they do is flat out criminal...period...their sole intent is to rob, financially rape and pillage.
 30th of Jul, 2011 by   Unhappy with Scotts +1 Votes
I work on the sales end in Lowes, Home Depot, Etc. for a company that competes with Scott's Company. They are rude, tell the customers false information, and do anything they can to make the sale/buck. They treat their seasonal employee's like crap when they are unhappy about the pay or work hours, Scott's lets them go and finds new saps to work for them. Not to mention the sales manager in my territory threatened to "take me out back and beat the $%@^ out me" because I caught him ripping down our product banners and moving our products to the back of the store!
 3rd of Aug, 2012 by   joeohio +1 Votes
yea I just got my pay check from scotts and im trying to figure out why they are so cheep. I googled why is the scotts company so cheep and seen this. They profit billions of dollars and there stealing from there workers that break their backs for the company. Ive gotten negative commission my past two checks. I have not made any commission on this check and there are taking money out of my weekly pay. If you get a customer to sign up and they cancel anytime they take the commission you make out of your check. They have already deducted 300-400 dollars already and there is no way of me knowing if these customers even canceled. I feel like the managers jobs are trying to find ways to pay us less. We make nothing for overtime hours . God please help me!
 27th of Nov, 2012 by   Jim_Jonson 0 Votes
Its funny you mention overtime hours. Scotts Lawn Service uses what is called Fluctuating Work Week (sometimes unflatteringly referred to as Chinese overtime). While not outright illegal according to Federal Law, it is often abused by unscrupulous employers. Where it gets interesting is that the a federal court in the state of Pennsylvania recently ruled that fluctuating work week method of calculating overtime violated the state's minimum wage act. So it possible that all the Scotts Lawn Service employees can finally get their correct overtime pay. It appears some PA Scotts Lawn employees are already filing suit http://www.texasovertimeattorney.com/blog/employment-lawyers-investigate-alleged-wage-and-hour-violations-at-scott-s-lawnservice.cfm after the Foster v. Kraft Foods Global, Inc., ruling.
 30th of Mar, 2013 by   Dmoskos23 0 Votes
I also worked for this joke of a company for about from 08/2012 - 11/2012 and have absolutely nothing good to say about them. Hands down the worst company I have ever worked for. How they get away with paying employees HALF of their normal wage for hours over 40 is totally beyond me. According to the Dept of Labor any job that is not primarily intellectual in nature (Lawn Tech def is not) must be paid overtime. Beyond the wretched pay system, I agree with above comments, they have absolutely not desire to provide quality service and you are pretty much forced rush through lawns doing a half ass job or you won't meet your goals and will be fired. Companys like Scotts are why Unions were created. If there are any lawyers out there who want an easy case against a company with huge pockets look no further than Scotts.
 29th of Oct, 2013 by   krisssfl24 0 Votes
My husband worked for them, they ABSOLUTELY take advantage of their employees and customers!! We fully intend on being involved in the possible lawsuit against them, would be nice to get all that money he is owed, of course it would have been nice to have had it for the past 3 years!

How to Avoid Drug Interaction