logo

FakeIdentification.co.uk
100% scam!
2. (1 mins ago)
7 Continents Travel
I haven’t received any confirmation letter.
3. (27 mins ago)
immorale trading

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Scott's Turf builder Miracle Grow Company Complaints & Reviews - Destroyed my lawn

Scott's Turf builder Miracle Grow Company Contacts & Informations

Scott's Turf builder Miracle Grow Company

Posted:    Valerie

Destroyed my lawn

Scott's Turf builder Miracle Grow Company
www.scotts.com
Just used Scotts Turfbuilder with *** control last week on our lawn - which at the time was already pretty nice and green. We followed the instructions on the bag EXACTLY. Our lawn is now completely brown and burnt!! Really really mad. Wish we'd known about/read all the negative comments about this product on Scott's website before I had bought and tried it. Don't know if, or how I can fix my lawn now it is completely burnt :( Terrible product. Buyers beware and read all the negative reviews on their website and the internet before trying it - better yet just don't risk it!
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of May, 2009 by   Judy 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me.. It completely KILLED ALL OF MY GRASS!!
 11th of May, 2009 by   Judy 0 Votes
Do not use this product.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   Dave 0 Votes
Yup! I agree. It did the exact same thing to our lawn. It burnt or killed much of the lawn. I followed all of the instructions. It says to wait a certain amount of time after seeding before using the product. I followed that to the letter and it killed every new blade of grass as well as burning a lot of the old grass. I will never buy another Scotts fertilizer. I wish that I had checked out the reviews online first.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   DrMichael 0 Votes
I just put Scotts Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control on my Princess 77 Bermuda lawn two days ago. I noticed the very next day it was turning yellow. I immediately started watering it down. I've been watering my lawn in the early morning hours (6am - 7am) for 2 days now. Does anyone know if this will save my lawn?
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   BillB 0 Votes
This product also killed my lawn. I have emailed Scott's to find out if they will pay to replace the lawn.
I will update their response.
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   acs361 0 Votes
this product is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!
I dont even know why in the first place I bought it, my grass was beautiful. Maybe it is was the false information they place on the bag with the photos showing what your grass can potentially look like after using the product. They should show pictures of a nice lawn then show a lawn that is brown with dead grass on it. I am so sick my my stomach for all the money i spent and time i spent working on my front and back lawns. I have requested from scotts to refund the cost of the turf builder and refund the costs i have endured since installing my lawn. I shall see what happens. But to anyone else, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY THIS TURF BUILDER FERTILIZER. it will destroy your grass . And i like how scotts try to downplay this like it never happened before, but yet i see on here all the complaints and on the other site as well. They know they are selling a garbage product. See the picture of my horrible grass, you should see the before pictures, WHY THE EFFFFF DID I DO THIS??
I will kick myself until it is fully recovered and i have beautiful grass once again...
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   stampy 0 Votes
Same thing just happened to me. Unfrickin believable!!! Has anyone had any success contacting Scotts?
 6th of Aug, 2010 by   Brady L 0 Votes
I contacted Scotts today after using Turfbuilder plus Weed Control on my front lawn. 4 days after application, my front lawn grass is DEAD, while the weeds thrive on.

After being nice and explaining my situation, I was told I needed to start a watering program, and my lawn would recover. I explained to the rep this was unacceptable advice, as my lawn was so dead that I could grab the brown grass, pull gently, and the roots would come up (yes, it's that bad).

I was offered a refund for the 45-ish pound bag of Turf Builder, and a rebate toward a free 3lbs bag of grass seed and free 5lbs bag of starter-fertilizer.

The seed will be the last thing of Scotts that I will ever use.
 11th of May, 2012 by   Ralph Franklin 0 Votes
I purchased three bags of scotts weed and feed fertilizer for my lawn. I opened all the bags it was so lumpy i tried to bust it up in another bag before putting it in my spreader. Well it broke my spreader and what i did get on my yard it killed all the grass. On the bottume of the bag it says. If you are not completly satisfied call this number and we will refund your money. ha..ha..ha..how misleading. I've been on the phone a dozen times. They told me to send my receipt, which i did. A month ago they told me i would get my refund in 7 to 10 days. Well that hasn't happened and i have got the biggest run around and nobody seams to know anything, don't buy anything with the scotts name on it. What a worthless company that won't stand up for it' products. Ralph Franklin Tuscola, Tx.
 3rd of Aug, 2013 by   The Green Medic 0 Votes
I will piggy back off the Scotts conversation. I have had the best looking lawns of course in my opinion over 20 years, however, this year I used Scotts turfbuilder, halts crabgrass for the first time and I was successful in destroying both my and my neighbors lawn. I also did this in May 2013, temperatures were normal and it happened within a couple of weeks. I am still watering 20 minutes daily. I am very frustrated, my and my neighbors lawn are destroyed, on top of it, I used Scotts Blue Fescue and it wont grow 3 weeks now. I do believe, in my opinion, I have a problem now of my soil being poison to grow anything due to this Turf Builder from Scotts. Side Note: I purchased from Sams Club and I usually purchase from Costco out of my stupidity I decided to change out of convenience. Any assistance would be appreciated, my thumb has been brown for the first time ever this year.
 3rd of Aug, 2013 by   The Green Medic 0 Votes
Side Note: I don't remember the Costco brand, however was always successful in using it.

Why Smart People Do Dumb Things