logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
cashbackcat.com
Don’t buy from them – no cash back and fake promises
2. (5 mins ago)

Posted:    Austin

Fraud and cheating

ScamXposer.com
scamxposer.com
I was looking for a place to verify some business opportunities and found this site. After reading and looking around and then calling and talking to 'David W. Harris, Sr.' I finally figured out that he recommends certain web businesses that he is involved in.

When you click on the link to those sites and sign in, he will get residuals for that. This site also recommends some businesses that he is a direct recipient of commissions (MLM) after you join or become a member.

Beware of this site, although the site does have some negative reviews of other scams, its a smoke and mirror trick for traffic to his real purpose.
Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Mar, 2009 by   welshtrekker +2 Votes
I get what you are saying, though i am willing to give it a shot as i am aware of the validity of some of them like the Honest Income Program which got me started on freelance writing very well. While his sole intention is to drive traffic to his affiliate links, that wont work unless the biz opps work... unless people who sign make money, he wont make money, so its in his best interests to drive biz opps that produce revenues.
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   Ashirly +2 Votes
I agree with both...and so I feel pretty neutral overall when it comes to David Harris. Not really bothered by the fact that he is in some of these businesses that he does recommend. These ones are obviously working for him PRIOR to him recommending them to us. Worst case scenario is that he is getting paid a little to support these ones, but then would he not prefer to be paid by a company that has something to offer? He would choose the BEST ones to be connected with, I would certainly think...since he has so much experience in this area for himself. He would make more money telling us the truth than to spread a lie...
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   alpha1 +2 Votes
I spoke with David Harris a few months back. This guy definitely knows what he's talking about. So... is he not supposed to be involved in a business he recommends? Why would I want to join a business if the guy writing the review doesn't want to do it himself? That just doesn't make sense. Of course he's going to be involved in the businesses he's recommending... that's WHY he's recommending them in the first place! Is this a complaint or are you just mad that he's found out how to help others and himself at the same time by profiting on what he recommends? Get real!
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   sharethejoy 0 Votes
To the complainer, I talked with David Harris just a few minutes ago. Have you tried any of the things he recommends? If you haven't, how can you say what he says is smoke and mirrors? I would hope that if someone does you a favor, you would thank him for it.
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   Sajit 0 Votes
I too support scamxposer. There is nothing wrong if he makes some money recommending good products. After all he also needs to make a living just like anyone of us!!!
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   adnanzia 0 Votes
i dont think ...if he is providing us attention to take Heed of it...after all he is in this world for last 10 years...he can make errors but not 100%
 18th of Nov, 2011 by   Robin0629 -1 Votes
So has anyone found a ligit business that really works? I've looked at the list on Scam Xposer, and was just curious if anyone has personally tried one?
 7th of Feb, 2012 by   lin333 +1 Votes
Yes, I have tried some of them. Project Payday is Ok, but you will not make much money, IIU is new, but will cost you a lot of money in the long run, but the education is great, use them only for that, trust me, been there, done it. Wealthy Afffiliate is not for beginners but they claim to be. Home Job Stop is good, and the cost is minimal ($18), for a lifetime, and the more skills you have, the more you can learn. Great site. SBI is great and definitely for beginners who want to build up a website business based on their passions and knowledge. They provide all the tools you need, word tracker is a great keyword finder, and you can find so many ways to profit from your business. It is not a get rich quick scheme, and any afffiliate program that promises this should raise a red flag immediately-you have to work at it to make money. Passion and knowledge about a topic will make your business a sucess, and you can find information on the internet to further educatate yourself to learn more! I can give an example of a business advocated by David Harris, no longer in the recommended business, looked into it, and was send emails from David Harris (surprise, surprise) to part with $1, 495 to activate their system, which of course, he would gain a commission on. I got out of there ASAP. I am just imparting knowledge of which I know, and fortunately have not lost much money and do not want others to lose anything. Maybe I will start another website on scams-good topic!
 3rd of Sep, 2012 by   Extremedriver 0 Votes
I don't know why, but I seem to remember him being featured in the news (NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt)?? I think it was to say that people should stay away from him and his site. Also! Something that just isn't right! Why would he choose to have sharp, and clear pictures of his supposed children in the about us page, but use a very grainy one of him?? Surely he could have taken a digital photo of himself to post instead of the grainy one! I don't recommend it at all!
 15th of Feb, 2013 by   maxi scam 0 Votes
i took harris advice and joined teamvinh. his top recommended on line business. they are supposed to recruit and do all the back work for you. all they do is put two unqualified people under you and then you are asked to cough up another $150 to join a savings highway at $100 plus maintenance fee per month. they tell you you can throw your list away and never have to recruit but after you are signed up they tell you you need your own referrals to continue. referrals equal recruiting as in all mlms. no difference just a guy like harris seeing an opportunity to get some referral cash by recommending a site. its bad when the scam exposers participate in the scam.
 10th of Mar, 2013 by   lora656 0 Votes
i am sorry for putting this message here like this. I am just here to share my experience and to help who might want this kind of help. I have been scammed by fake casters that promised me results and get my money trying all my means to save my marriage. i was so despirate to keep my family as my husband wants a divorce. i decided to go spiritual as all i tried was not working. i seek spiritual helps to get things right but all i talked with never did anything for me. I was taken advantage of and i lost all my saving on that. i talked talked to a friend that was able to make me meet the help i searched for. when he said he will help, i never believed but im more than greatful now for giving him my last shot. You can get this great one on samueldavid155@gmail.com never let it go too. its a good trial if you want to use him and he is the best to work with. my vote all to him.
 26th of Mar, 2013 by   Jeffro53 0 Votes
I'm ok with David making $25 one time for every referral he ends up sending to TeamVinh (including mine). What I am not ok with is that I have been paying SH for 4 months now at $149 a month and TeamVinh STILL hasn't provided me my two Vpaks that I paid them $239 to fulfill. All I get is excuses and told that I will be getting mine soon. I am really frustrated because if I get out now I will really lose. It seems like people are getting several levels fulfilled but only people who signed up with them prior to Nov 27th. The rest of us seem to be screwed. At least for now. Now that Full Throttle is in the works and TeamVinh is saying how great things are going I am EXPECTING results before my FIFTH $149 payment to SH. I am tired of waiting and funding my upline person every month. When is it going to be my frickin turn? I sent an email to ScamXposer today expressing my disgust.
 26th of Mar, 2013 by   Jeffro53 0 Votes
By the way, today is March 26 and when you go to ScamXposer you will notice that TeamVinh is not #1 listed on their top 5 internet business opportunities anymore after being their for months and months. They aren't even in the top 5 anymore. Wonder why?
 20th of Apr, 2013 by   Ean 0 Votes
Hi, I want to thank David Harris for recommending TeamVinh. Many of us joined though his recommendation when we chanced upon his site. What i want to say is TeamVinh is not a get rich scheme but you WILL see the light at the end of the tunnel . I have and know of many others who benefit from this hands free automated income opportunity. Also many members are not active online and quietly appreciating their returns. I am one of them but i decided to speak up to be fair to David Harris. Many of us appreciate what you have done and your great recommendation. Be prepared to pay 3 to 6 months of mthly fees to saving highways while enjoying the savings and benefits and you will not regret this investment ever. TeamVinh is in Full throttle now so the waiting time should be way shorter. Thumbs up for David, Teamvinh and Savings Highways. For those who are in it..Keep the faith. Take a long term view of this amazing investment.
 1st of Aug, 2013 by   Ean 0 Votes
TeamVinh.com is back on No. 1 position as recommended business on ScamXposer again:)
 1st of Aug, 2013 by   Carl Graves 0 Votes
Seems like a conflict of interest to me. Fox watching the chicken coop. Attorneys do it all the time but they know how to protect themselves. I do like the fact that they are realists, that nothing is free. But I cannot tell you how many on line companies say free, free, free, "I don't want your credit card, " at the beginning of the slick video then still ask for money at the end. They must think we're stupid or don't read and listen. I am looking for a company to set up the website and sales program for no cost then take a percentage as the thousands start coming in. Most just look like the old pyramid schemes, selling nothing, just getting suckers to buy in until the bottom falls out! LOL I don't think there are any web based money making machines that have that much confidence in their own product. Tell me if you know of any.
 3rd of Sep, 2013 by   JoeBlowe111 0 Votes
It's simple. David Harris actually SPENDS - again- SPENDS his OWN MONEY to test the home businesses he reviews. Again, (and I'll type slowly so you can understand, lol) since he ACTUALLY SPENDS his OWN MONEY, he is trying to find out if what he's investigating actually works or not. So again, if a business works, he gives it a positive review. In other words, give the guy a break, if he's making money off a business then why would that be wrong? How do you suppose a website like this can survive? David is NOT independently wealthy. Think about the hundreds of scams ScamXposer has uncovered and how much he has lost on them, as opposed to the few that actually make any money, and you might understand why you are totally wrong in your assessment.
 27th of Oct, 2013 by   Raffa 0 Votes
Hello, after visited the web site of david Harris, following his recommendations, I signed with TV and SH as utimate member on May 2013 and until now, 26th October, I was not fulfilled. TV had promised me that I would no longer charged my visa card, but it was a promise (like many others!) NOT maintained as October 13 SH charged me the usd150 as always. Until today 26th october I am still waiting to get my money back (Visa charge-back). Take as a reference what is written on the next blog http://www.mlm-thewholetruth.com/mlm-companies/teamvinh-international/comment-page-1/#comment-92377 by Paula Swirtz on March 19, 2013 ( FBI is looking for Vinh H. Le, TeamVinh President, since he seams to be a scammer !!!) . I cannot find so many people talking well about TV and SH and those found talking well about TV and SH I am starting to think that they are their partners or the same person (Mr. Vinh?). BE CAREFUL! Definitely I will post further updates here, good or bad they are since it is important that everybody knows more before they burn their hard-earned savings with TV and SH. You can contact me to my gmail address as following: shenzhenopto@gmail.com. Bye bye, Raffa
 1st of Nov, 2013 by   Raffa 0 Votes
Please take care...Be carefull...stay aways from TV !!!
 6th of Jan, 2014 by   Jennydear39 0 Votes
I tend to be very careful about the sites I spend time on, and I keep a very accurate log of the good stuff and the bad stuff.
I have checked out over "50" of his reviews, which correspond to the sites I either work with or have investigated. David Harris has NAILED IT with ALL of the sites I've ever had any experience with, and in view of that, I trust that he's being honest about the ones that are new to me!
SO WHAT, if he's making a little cash. He needs to eat, too!
I TRUST HIS JUDGEMENT because he has PROVEN himself WORTHY!

Health Insurance for College Grads