logo

Ripoff!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Save My Home USA, Madison Heights, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Mortgage Mod.SCAM

Save My Home USA Contacts & Informations

1401 W. Girard
Madison Heights, Michigan
Phone: 248-658-2946
savemyhomeusa.com
Save My Home USA. Stay clear of this company. We paid them $1995.00 for a Mtg. Modification. Luke and Mary gave us the runaroud for almost 3 months. Saying that
"Your file is with our attorneys" blah blah blah. And the prior 2 months we have had our Mortgage increase by $100.00 due to the consultant in S.L.C. UT. (Corey Kunz) telling us not to make our Mtg Pmt. will make your Mod. get done sooner. Well we were notified from Luke at SMHUSA on 6-05-09 that our refund was denied as he stated they (SMHUSA) had worked out a deal with lender to increase our Pmt. $100.00 a month for 40 months to make up for the late payments. And we had already been in contact with our lender 2 monthes proir to this. SMHUSA scammed us and we want to let people know that they will take your money and do ZERO for you as a consumer.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Jun, 2009 by   rogersnest +2 Votes
We did a modification with with Savemyhomeusa and had no problems we did not get the best deal but we were behind 8 months and they were able to help bring me current and my payment went up only 50.00 a month... They did what they said in their contract and helped me avoid foreclosure and save my home from foreclosure... You are ignorant if you think you can stop making your payments you should read what you sign before you enter into a contract.
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   rogersnest +2 Votes
Also i worked with one of their attorneys and they helped me with a few other issues that i had so i think that savemyhomeusa was a blessing and i thank god for them everyday.

God Bless you for what you did for my family
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   wpf -2 Votes
Thanks for posting. They wanted 2, 250 from me upfront.
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   Ann2009 +2 Votes
Savemyhomeusa did a great job for me lowered my rate from a 7.75 to a 3.75 so i have nothing bad to say. I know that they had a ton of man hours into my file so the 1995.00 that i pad was well worth it ... Thanks Again
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   Heather from Michigan +2 Votes
I have worked with Save My Home USA on 4 properties that I own. Due to the current economy, these homes were vacant without renters, and no qualified buyers. If they didn't get 4 modifiactions done for me, I would have lost these investment properties that I worked my whole life to buy! Thank you SMH USA, I thank God for your reputable, and professional company. Go onto the BBB, if you want to do research. Please don't listen to the one complaint above! They do not take any money upfront, only after an approval is issued.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   Otis Hughes +2 Votes
My wife was diagnosed with cancer and was unable to work anymore.
Our household income dropped from 175k per year to 70k.
We were not behind on our payments but believe me the struggle to maintain was overbearing to say the least. I don't mind saying my mortgage payment was $2500.00 per mo. and thanks to Save My Home USA, We now pay $1900. Thank you guys for saving me and my family during these trying times.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   The Scam Inspector 0 Votes
If you got denied, it is likely that your bank is playing hardball with you for some reason. If this is the case, no one can help you.

But the one point you left out in your complaint is that you will have gotten a refund of your $1995.00 fee minus the $495.00 charge for the forensic audit.
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   Steve Robinson -3 Votes
All,

The difference between the Law Firm I work at and Savemyhomeusa is that we do not do loss mitigation as some of the complaints state, we do Loan Modification to where the interest rate MUST change for the client's benefit. Almost all lenders will give a forbearance for free. Also our refund policy is 100% of the retainer. We do a forensic audit, done by an attorney at a cost to us of $750 and if the modification is unsuccessful we still refund the entire retainer. If you need an excellent law firm give me a call

877-435-7145 x 112
818-638-6935
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   SavemyhomeusaLegalgroup +2 Votes
Savemyhomeusa has over 30 attorneys that work for them. People have to understand banks mover very slow - PLEASE try to do a modification yourself before you get a company like Savemyhomeusa involved you will want to climb threw the phone and choke the negotiator or person at the bank that is handling your file.
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   SavemyhomeusaLegalgroup +2 Votes
If you have any questions about a forensic audit or would like to talk to one of our the attorneys that work for savemyhomeusalegalgroup you can call 800-466-5137. The average time line for a modification is 90-120 days even if we find a violation in your loan documents.

Steve Ramadam
Legal Council
SavemyhomeUSA Legal Group
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   Steve Robinson -2 Votes
I have a client, V Meyer, who has a hardship and signed up with SaveMyHomeUSA. The representative strongly encouraged Ms. Meyer to go late on her mortgage so she could obtain the best modification possible. At the time they signed up they were not late, just struggling. After four months of nothing out of this company, Ms. Meyer was finally contacted by her lender directly with a forbearance that increased their payment by $100 a month. When she contacted SaveMyHomeUSA she was told they got her the forbearance and that the $1500 she paid them was non-refundable because they got did their job. They took money from a lady whose husband died last year, is on SSI, told her to go behind, and then when they get a simple forbearance, keep her money even though they were promised a full refund if they did not get a satisfactory result.

I challenge Steve Ramadam to stand by his word and refund her the money. If they are an ethical company they will. I strongly urge him to contact me anytime on my cell phone at 818-416-2007 and we can discuss how to help these people his company appears to have taken adv. If he does not, then this would lead me to believe he runs an unethical loan mod company, preying on the elderly with no moral compass to guide him. Does he really need the money they were bilked out of to support a high-flying party lifestyle or will he take the ethical road and handle the refund as fast as possible.

Until I hear from Steve Ramadam directly I would encourage everyone to spread the work of their unethical treatment of a widowed senior surviving on SSI.

818-416-2007
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   Steve Robinson -2 Votes
All,

I posted the above message two days ago as well as sending a personal message to Steve Ramadam. He has neither responded to me nor to the client. Please read the contract they send you carefully as it states the result must be satisfactory or you get your money back. In this case the results were not even close to satisfactory and yet no refund is forthcoming.

8180416-2007
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   Martha Nagle 0 Votes
Sounds like Steve is trying to push his own company and bad mouth an excellent one. Save my Home USA lowered my rate by 5.5% and save my home from foreclosure. I was behind 9 months and by the grace of God Save My Home USA saved me and my family from losing our home.

Martha Nagle
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   brandontheman 0 Votes
I was behind 4 months and a sherrifs sale was scheduled. Save my home usa brought my payment down 250.00 a month and got the past due payments forgiven. I also got $25, 000 taken off my loan balance. They saved my house and my family. I am sure it doesnt work for everyone but it worked for us and we are happy!!!
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   Bradleys Keiths Gay 0 Votes
Martha,

That is so funny you say that I also had a great experience with Savemyhomeusa Legal Group. The attorneys helped me save my house and my second mortgage went from 8% to 2.5%... Thank you John
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   L. DeSousa 0 Votes
I'm just starting the process and sending in my application to W. Cosby. I'm scared to death that this won't work out for me. This is the last chance I have to save MY home! I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants on a wing and a prayer. I'm scraping everything I can to get the $$ together to pay SMHUSA. Being a single mom, is scary enough, being in finiancial trouble is worse, loosing our home feels like the bottom of the barrel. I've read all the postings, and it looks like 50/50. I'll let you know how this worked out for sure! Ms. D
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   G.U. 0 Votes
Save my Home USA is a scam! They took $1300 from me. They were not able to work a modification and constantly gave me the run around on the status of my refund. They even FIRED the person who was working on my loan and they did not give me my refund because my lender is not allowed to have contact with them anymore. Luke never responds calls. It is untactful experience and very unprofessional in not returning calls. People are constantly lying to keep a quota.
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   eveski77 0 Votes
I am a loss mitigation specialist and I read all your postings. Pls bear in mind that nowadays, it is very rare to get a loan modified in a few months. By simply contacting your lender to get your loan modified will take months already. Our office always tell our clients to contact their lender and to continue paying their mortgage because there is no guarantee that the modification is achieved in a short period and not paying will put them in default. Yes, you can have your loan modified by just contacting your lender and give them the necessary documents they will need to qualify you, to see if you deserve to get it. Pay stubs or any proof of monthly income, statements of mortgage and other exoenses you pay monthly that you cannot do without should be submitted so the lender can make an assessment if you really cannot afford to pay the mortgage anymore because of a hardship. A proof of hardship is also needed lie a termination notice of a job lost, medical expenses, etc...You don't have to stop paying your mortgage to prove hardship. Principal reduction is very rare, even condoning a second loan or unpaid arrears. So if your purpose is only to lower your interest or to give you forebearance, pay your arrears in installment, then do it yourself. But if you want principal reduction or getting rid of second loan and or arrears, then you need a mandatory loan modification, meaning forcing the lender to give you terms which is affordable to you. This you can only achieve with a lawsuit in which case you will be needing a modification lawyer. Grounds will be prpedatory lending practices of the lender. This is when forensic audit is done. Like checking on a crime. We call this "Lawsuit with loan modification".
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   Steve Robinson 0 Votes
All,

According to the FTC ( http://www.ftc.gov/os/2009/07/090715casesummary.pdf ) Maryland issued a Cease and Desist on July 15th and Michigan filed a Criminal Complaint against them on July 14th. Be very wary in using this company. Two states closing them down, there must be a reason.

We are still up and running very successfully for our clients.

818-416-2007
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   jmallock +1 Votes
File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the Michigan Attorney General. Both can be done online. This company will not change its ways unless people complain. File with the BBB as well.

Creative College Financing