logo

www.worldresortpromo.info
THEY ARE A SCAM
5. (1 hr 25 mins ago)
bellojewelsonline.com
I got completely different ring

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Roto-Rooter
75 Larry Drive
Ringgold, Georgia
Phone: 423-855-1212
On 8/19/2008, we called Roto-Rooter to investigate a leak coming into our garage. They determined the mainline into the house had broken. They dug a trench at the outside wall of the house and replaced bad sections of pipe. The cost was $540.

Two days later, water resumed spilling into our garage. Roto-Rooter came out again, dug a hole in the same place, said the previous technician had done an inadequate job, and patched it up at no charge. (We did not receive an invoice of this visit. However, we tipped that technician with a check, suspicious of why we would not be given an invoice. That check has been cashed and we have record of it at our bank. The tech did the work by himself.)

One month later, on 9/11/08, water again began leaking into our garage. Once again, Roto-Rooter was called to make the repair. (Their own technician said he didn't believe the previous technicians were qualified to make the repair.) Whatever the case, they destroyed our new landscaping, dug a hole in the exact same place, and fixed the problem under warranty.

Then on 7/28/09, water again began leaking into our garage. We called Roto-Rooter again. The technician diagnosed the problem and immediately said the work would be covered under warranty. I gave him permission to dig a hole and repair. After digging a new trench in the exact same place, destroying our landscaping again with a large tractor, I happened to walk outside to ask them about progress. The busted pipe has already been removed, and the technician said the problem was not under warranty, even though they had already began repair work. I had no way of verifying this claim. The trench they dug was the exact same trench before. They then informed me that this would continue to happen unless I installed a new kind of pipe. (I was not told this on previous visits.) I paid $650 (invoice 214195) for this repair. At the time, I wanted to call another service, but felt pressured to use Roto-Rooter because the problem had to be fixed and the hole was already there.

Two days later, water began leaking into the garage again. I called Roto-Rooter. The tech determined that the hole they drilled into the garage needed to be sealed. This hole was created a year ago by their own technician, who apparently didn't patch the hole to prevent water from spilling into the garage. The tech at the time we would not see any problems with it. There was no charge for this visit. Roto-Rooter has refused thus far to hear out my complaints in an in-depth manner. Diane, their rep, has called, but she is clearly not interested in understanding the history. They won't even apologize for the first two visits! They refuse to honor their warranty.

Corporate Roto-Rooter says they have nothing to do with it. Whatever!
Comments United States Plumbing Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Sep, 2009 by   Militarymale 0 Votes
Roto Rooter service is very poor and inadequate. I had a tech come out and give me a price on putting in a backup sub pump system that i already had on site. $184.00 fully installed and under warranty can do work tommorrow. I scheduled them to come back and a new tech comes in starts to set up and says it will be 408.00 and he needs new parts as well. I called his office to talk to his manager and gave them the details on the agreement yesterday he told me that he would look into it. I told him that his guy is being escorted out. He told me the base price is more than what i was told yesterday i told him i dont care you agreed to do work for a specific price and your required to do it for such. Management in this company is just as bad as the plumbers i would have them do my plumbing. Just a FYI the tech they sent i asked for his license he told me he didnt have it on him today.

PPS.

Manassas Virginia
 18th of May, 2010 by   Ned Collins 0 Votes
Roto Rooter is a bad company. My technician was very unprofessional and could not put a 3 inch blade or a two inch blade through a three inch pipe. The tech said his two inch blade could not get through a three inch pipe and then proceeded to put the cable without a blade at all through the system all the way to the middle of the yard. The cable came back with some tree root shreds crapped around the spring at tip of cable. The tech would not continue with clearing the three inch line and called in the camera testing. The camera testing showed that the cast iron line is open and clear of any obstructions and that a root problem does exist in the middle of the front yard. Roto Rooter should be able to clean out the mineral deposits in the cast iron and get to the root in the yard with the 2 an 3 inch blade. They could not do the job right and wont refund my money. $409.00 for a service that Roto Rooter CAN NOT PERFORM!

Bad company bad service. I will contact my Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.

Gift Card Scam - It's The Latest Scam to Watch Out For!

Latest Groups