logo

OSIM
Useless Product
4. (37 mins ago)
bingo hall.com
did not authorize this site
5. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
Arian Motor / Car
Asking for more money / Delay in Commit

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Roni Lynn Deutch, North Highlands, California Complaints & Reviews - scam - fradulent practices

Roni Lynn Deutch Contacts & Informations

4815 Watt Ave
North Highlands, California
Phone: 800-304-7267
ronideutch.com
I hired Roni Deutch's office in November of 2008 as I owed back taxes. My business was failing and I had zero income for over 6 months and was starting to live off credit cards. I was quickly told by Roni’s sales person I qualified for a "currently not collectible status". I explained I had already contacted the IRS myself (a few months back) and they were pretty reasonable with a $200 payment arrangement, however, after no income for 6 months, I wasn't able to even pay that amount. The "sales girl" quickly said DO NOT CONTACT THE IRS ANY MORE! Let us do it and we can even reduce the outstanding amount you owe. I said I wasn't looking for that, just to halt payments until I started making money again. Fast forward to today 5/29/09 - they still have done nothing for me and I have filled out all their paperwork in a timely manner. They keep telling me there is just one more thing to fill out because too much time has gone by. Yeah, too much time because they haven't done a darn thing! They are just a call center (I live in the Sacramento Area where they are located). I have never spoken with a real attorney in the 6 months I have been a "client". I just made my final payment to them a few weeks back - and oh by the way, the IRS has since seized my bank account for lack of communication with them. Please let me know if there will be a class action law suit because I am in!!! My situation with the IRS is WORSE now since I have hired them because they have done nothing and have told me (in writing) not communicate with the IRS at ALL! They would handle it but they can't promise when because they don't have control of their attorney's calendar. In 6 Months this is the same response I continuously get!
Comments United States Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Aug, 2009 by   CrazyMomD 0 Votes
I' sorry to hear of your trouble, but thank you for posting the story. I was just considering calling them to help with my tax situation. Have you filed a complaint with the BBB? There are 215 complaints against this company. I'm not sure how much help the BBB will be in settling everyone's complaints, but it doesn't hurt to report it. Then there is always the news channel route, i.e. Call Kurtis in Sacramento. It's always worth a shot - the more negative press this firm gets, the more good your unfortunate circumstance will do for others.
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   va girl59 0 Votes
My husband and I hired Ronnie Lynn Deutch Tax company to handle our problem with the IRS. We got the same song and dance . The IRS taxed us on my husbands workers compensation payments. We were told that we owed 11, 000.00 . RLD representative told us that we would be put on a non collectable status. My husband and I sent to RLD all the documents that they requested. RLD has had our case for 11 months. The last week in July 2009 we received a letter from the IRS stating that since our attorney was no longer representing us, the power of attorney was void. I called RLD asked the person that always took our calls ( not an attorney) about the letter, and he stated that yes our attorney was no longer with RLD. Of course I asked him why were not notified of this and he stated that there were 5 other attorneys on the power of attorney and named the attorney that was
taking over our case. Well on friday August 14, I was checking my bank account and low and behold the IRS had taken 16000.oo out of my savings account. I called RLD and the same person that always took my call was surprised that this had happened. He told me that we had 21 days before the money was actually taken out of the account and he would get the new attorney to call the IRS and see why this happened and he would call me with an update. Today monday August 17, 2009, my husband called the bank and spoke with
the Vice President, he asked if there was a 21 day wait before the IRS could get the money.
There wasnt any 21 day wait the IRS had already taken the money on
August 11. I am so disgusted that the federal government let this type of scam go on. I cannot believe that the ABA lets this woman scam people claiming she is a tax attorney and can help people when she is actually scamming people. That money was in my husbands and my retirement money. We are both disabled and on a limited income. That might not seem like large amount of money, but to us it was. Now my husband and I dont have that money anymore, that crook does plus the fee we paid. I spoke to head of the financial department and was told I had to write or fax a letter to explain why I needed a refund, and no guarantee that I would get it. Somebody has to do something befpre she scams anymore people like me and my husband.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   foamy 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. Paid these people 2500.00 to put me in non-collectable status, after continuoiusly filling out and sending them paperwork for a year, one day I got a notice from the IRS that I was no longer represented by the "law firm". My question is- where the heck did my money go? Did it pay for the paper, postage and envelopes that went back and forth between me and them for a year? Roni Deutch is the biggest sca artist out there!
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   elizzy 0 Votes
Hired them 6 months ago for an installment agreement for the $22, 000 I owe them. Was assured by RLD that all collection efforts would halt by the IRS if I retained them. All I had to do was plunk down the $500 retainer! I wish I never did that...6 months later and $1875.00 short, I just get a letter of Wage Garnishment from the IRS. They are taking everything from check except for $365 biweekly. Been trying to get RLD offices for the last 10 days to do something and all the snotty little operators tell me is that my attorney hasn't had a chance to call the IRS!???? Just made a final payment to them and I got a bad feeling that this nightmare is only going to get worse.
I've called them every day for 10 days literally begging for help...Anyone gets a class action against them I'm in!
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   elizzy 0 Votes
UPDATE:
To date since I've completed my payments and numerous phone calls, there's been no word from them. I'm not surprised. Today I called the IRS myself and within 20 minutes my garnishment was lifted and an acceptable payment plan was established. They were horrified with my story and all they could say is "Always call us directly if you need help" This was the nicest person I talked to and now I'm going to make it my mission in life to bring down this Crook who's preyed on us!!
 9th of Nov, 2009 by    jazz 0 Votes
I also had issues with them... very similar to your stories above. Let's seek an attorney and sue the pants off. This should be against the law. I am looking for an attorney as we speak. Anyone interested, please email me at Jazz4ali@yahoo.com. They need a Class Action whacked upside their heads.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   sbhardy 0 Votes
I don't know why people think that because a business is bbb certified that automatically means that they can't or won't scam you. Most businesses have paid bbb to be listed as a certified business. So the bbb is scamming too - the Trusting Public!
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   kram smada 0 Votes
she scammed me out of 15, 000 still have major irs problems
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   Lilii 0 Votes
That's funny how they scam everyone and they are still on TV they should be locked up,
everyone should get togather and sue this liers
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   bebegee 0 Votes
I urge you to contact the state bar association of California and your own state and file a FORMAL complaint against this lawyer!!
 21st of Mar, 2010 by   caks 0 Votes
We had the same experience with her "law firm." We were totally scammed out of over $4, 000 in fees to them and still had over $10, o00 due in back taxes. She should not be in business anymore!
 3rd of Apr, 2010 by   Cheeto123 0 Votes
Ok folks, I’m going to give you some advice. I work in the Collections Dept with the IRS. Don’t waste your money with these companies. What these companies charge you to do; you can do for yourself for free. If you’re scared to talk to the IRS, we are not bad people. We do want to help. It does not cost you anything to setup a CNC with the IRS. If you want an idea of what may be asked, go to IRS.GOV, go to the search block and type in Form 433F. CNC is for people who are in temporary serious economic hardship. Not everyone can qualify for it, though these companies would like you to believe so. What these companies may not tell you: interest and penalties will continue to be added to your balance while on CNC status and a lien will be issued if the balance is $5000 or over. If you received notice to contact the IRS, do not ignore it. If your "representative" does not call within the timeframe the IRS set, the IRS will come after you, not your 'representative". This is why you wake up in the morning with your bank accounts or wages levied, when you thought your "representative" is handling it. If this happens, call the IRS right away to try to make some arrangements. If nothing can be setup at that time, you may be able to get a temporary partial levy release due to hardship situation. When your “representative” does call the IRS, they are warned of further collection actions if they don’t respond within the timeframe that is agreed upon. If they don’t call, the IRS comes after you. Don’t hire these people thinking there they have the secret to get rid of the balance you honestly owe. You can apply for an Offer in Compromise. More information on this can be found at IRS.GOV keyword OIC. Payment arrangements can be made with your balances. You don’t have to pay the balance all upfront. But if you put off paying your balance for a few years, your $400 balance may now become $1500 due to the interest and penalties after several years and the payments will also be higher. Before setting up a payment arrangement, make sure you have all your required years have been filed and make sure you have copies of them. I’ve noticed a few people who thought their "representatives" had already filed those years ago, then it turns out they never mailed it off. I keep copies of my last 10 years of tax returns. There is more I can say, but don’t have the space. If you need help, call the IRS. If you call us and don’t like the answer, don’t hire these “representatives” thinking the IRS will change their answer. The only thing that changes is your bank account from paying the company fees that could have been used to pay down your balance. Don’t believe the promises these companies may give to you.
 27th of Apr, 2010 by   Joe Mastriano CPA 0 Votes
Just because someone shows you a BBB badge doesn't mean they will provide a quality service. Do your homework on who you are hiring before you hire them. Research the Internet and find out how many complaints they have and what those complaints are. And, as a rule, you will always get better attention and dedication from small firms with a small number of highly experienced professionals than from large firms who employ many so called experts and wave the "cumulated experience" flag before your eyes. Would you like your IRS problems to be "thrown together" with hundreds of other clients within the commercial machine of a large firm, have your files misplaced, your case mishandled? Or would you rather have a real professional with a lifetime of experience, get directly involved in your case and save you from the IRS.

Do not believe the hype, hire a true professional that will manage your case with the attention it deserves. Having problems with the IRS is not something to be taken lightly. If you want to know more on how you can represent yourself before the IRS, learn more about your problem and the options available to you, or if you need to hire a highly experienced tax professional with over 25 years of hands-on experience in dealing with tax problems and the IRS, visit my website at: www.TaxProblem.org
 28th of Apr, 2010 by   SDJ2K12 0 Votes
DO NOT USE RLD services they make a shit load of promises and don't follow thru with any of them. I thought maybe I didn't follow thru on something but this service is a complete ripoff. Your better off calling the IRS yourself and make arrangements. The three reps I've spoke to so far have been very professional and understanding and have done everything they can within there power to help me. Only thing RD is good for is clogging up your mailbox with useless mail!!! AGAIN DO NOT USE RLD SERVICES!!!
 1st of May, 2010 by   Terry1984 0 Votes
the law firm is a piece of garbage but the tax centers; at least the ones that did my taxes they are very helpful and know what they are doing. tax centers are privately owened, they are franchises. a tax center in florida did my taxes and they were very helpful
 13th of Jun, 2010 by   Billv2 0 Votes
I made the mistake of sending them the $500.00 that I'll probably never see again just to be told that I still need the same amount that I owed on back taxes along with interest! They supposedly "aggresively negotiated" a monthly payment for five years with IRS. I could have done this myself again as I had already done in 2008 through the IRS's Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS). I Seriously hope and pray that Ronnie Douch bag will be taken out of business and forced to pay all the victims back.
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   Beeman Sawmill 0 Votes
I had the same problems. At least I was only out 1300.00 before I figured out how worthless these people are. I talked to the IRS against there wishes after several months of notices and they said they still had not heard from any attorney on my part. I settled very reasonably with the IRS and chalked Roni Deutch up to a bad experiment. I will never be late on my taxes again!
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   dissappointed in georgia 0 Votes
I agree we too were also victims of this so called law firm, they run it like an assembly line, never can you get a real attorney and exactly all they do is send paperwork, the same, over and over again. What a racket this place is we had alreaddy paid $1, 300 and we found they had not done a dam thing with the IRS, her license should be taken and this firm shut down permanently.
 12th of Jul, 2010 by   Justice777 0 Votes
I was scammed for $1, 600 by their slick salesman, who assured me that they could put me in a "non-collectible" mode due to the fact that I was unemployed, and needed some time to get back on my feet and resume IRS payments. Their "free consultation" serves one purpose, to determined if you can pay their fee. They didn't seem to have any problem with my using up my 401(k) to do so. They strong arm you to pay upfront, (i.e.: "We need your fee within 24 hours.") and then do nothing to help you. They stall you by insisting that you complete massive amounts of paperwork, reiterating information that you've already given to them over the phone. Then, they keep sending you various parts of the same paperwork to complete, over and over again, claiming that they did not receive this or that item. Red flag number one. Finally I get over that hurdle, and 60 days go by without any word. I had to call them to learn the status of my case. Once I got through, and after speaking with multiple customer service clerks, (they won't let you talk to any lawyers), I was informed that I did not in fact qualify for a non-collectible status, even though NOTHING changed in my finances since the intial consultation. The time to figure that out was prior to taking a fee from me. Their initial assurance was the reason I contracted with them. The phrase "bait and switch" comes to mind. I demanded to speak to Roni Deutch but was told by an officious clerk that "Roni doesn't speak with clients" That was the lightbulb moment when I admitted to myself that I had been scammed by this legal grindhouse.

They prey on people who are already in trouble, down to their last dollars. They don't care. Once they get that fee, they won't do anything for you unless you scream bloody murder. They caused me to be alienated from the IRS and I ended up owing additional interest and fees, not to mention being $1, 600 poorer, money that should have gone directly to the IRS.

BBB, you need to re-evalute this firms rating. Also, they really need a dose of class action.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   ydecelis18 0 Votes
Oh i got ROYALLY screw over by this so called "professional tax center" and am still working with them to at least TRY to get the money owed to me by them and by the IRS. Don't EVER EVER EVER hire these people. It's a complete waste of money - they screwed us so badly that the IRS thinks we owe them money for 2008 even though they owe us.

Tips to Manage Personal Finances and Improve Your Credit Score