logo

Posted:    DShipes

Internet Fraud

Rhapsody
rhapsody.com
Rhapsody knowingly charges $1, 000's to people's credit cards for fictional services. For some bizarre reason, a company that seems to have a great business selling music online, needs to scam unsuspecting people with fictional charges. In Oct. of 2009 I signed up for a music trial subscription and quickly cancelled it (I found their UI confusing and counterintuitive). Rhapsody did not cancel the subscription. Much worse, unknown to me, Rhapsody also started subscriptions for 2 services: gamehouse ($10.61/mth) and real networks($15.93/ mth). 2 services I have never heard of. I travel alot, and have many monthly charges - I did not notice these until I was recently working on my taxes. Over the past 12 months, Rhapsody charged my card over $500! Rhapsody customer service acknowledges that I never used the services and cannot show any evidence of my signup. I work in the IT industry, and use online buying frequently; if their website gave me any indication that I was signing up for services I have no interest in, I would have caught it (admitely, I need to watch my credit card statements much closer). They know they have $500 from someone who obtained no services from them. After a long surreal debate, they offered to refund $160. Of course, if $160 was fraudently charged, the whole $500 was. I'm rigorously working to get back the rest of my money. If you have had a similiar issue with Rhapsody and would like to help me fight back, email me at sxzwang@comcast.net.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

The Hidden Fees in Your 401(k)

Latest Groups