logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (1 mins ago)
Gambler Tobacco
Tube cut tobacco
3. (2 mins ago)
PCH Games
can't redeem tokens
4. (7 mins ago)
ADP Total Pay Card
False information/Inability it access funds
5. (11 mins ago)
trynulexa.com
They continued to take money from me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Restaurant.com Complaints & Reviews - Buyers beware, they are shysters!

Restaurant.com Contacts & Informations

Restaurant.com

Posted:    B. Runyon

Buyers beware, they are shysters!

Restaurant.com, Shysters!!!

I was overcharged for certificates I purchased. I've made several attempts to get in touch by email or phone.

They won't answer emails or pick-up phone... Shysters!

Buyers Beware, they are SHYSTERS!!!
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Apr, 2008 by   Paula 0 Votes
They ripped me off. I reread it and there was nothing about giving my creditcard to another company. I got the 'survey' line also, and the only thing on the site is an already marked box stating if you want to hear of other offers type of thing.
 8th of Jul, 2008 by   Bob Diliberto 0 Votes
Ms. Guitierrez,
I have a copy of the promotion email sent to me, however since you are being very stubborn about making good on your deal and also not willing to give a refund, I will once again ask nicely for either a refund or my free certificate. If you decide on neither I will forward the promotional email to the local BBB and the local fox TV investigator, and have them both contact you for resolution. In case you forgot here is the infor once again!

6/22/2008

get $25 gift certificates for only $4 and save 60%. plus, get a free $10
gift certificate with every order!

robert di liberto

To: Bob D
Sent: Tuesday, July 8, 2008 10:57:36 AM
Subject: RE: free cerificate not received->7/1/2008 1:52:32 AM

Dear Robert,

I apologize for the inconvenience, the promotional emails do state the dates
that the promotion are valid for, so that is why I could not honor the
discount for this order. Since you agreed to our terms and conditions we can
not issue a refund. If the certificates are under the 90 day exchange
period, with accordance to our terms, I can only send you a credit to the
Restaurant.com website.

Yvonne Gutierrez
ygutierrez@restaurant.com
800-979-8985

Please tell my boss how I am doing by e-mailing myboss@restaurant.com
 16th of Feb, 2009 by   Harvey Zwyer 0 Votes
these people hide behind the legal agreement when you set up the account. The fraud is that the minimum amount changes as you select the coupon you want.

Then when you get the coupon wow watch out, you will get screwed. An honest vendor would have returned the money if a customer was not satisfied with one week.

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   lah lee lah 0 Votes
I don't think the minimum purchase amount changing is fraud, it's a matter of website design. Apparently a lot of people don't see that the radio buttons to the left of the coupon values (on the list of participating restaurants) are meant to be selected and the conditions listed below will change accordingly. Did you really think you were going to use a coupon for $50 off on a meal of $35, thus getting the meal practically for free? What would be the point, to the restaurant? "Come on in, folks, free food!"

The other two complaints do not divulge sufficient detail. Is there some disagreement about the time frame in which free promo discount coupons can be used? I don't understand the disagreement.

And Mr./Ms. Runyon, in what way were you overcharged?

Sorry, but none of this was very helpful.
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   Joy De Lara 0 Votes
I live in San Rafael, California. I bought the $25 gift certificate for $2.00. I don't own a printer so I emailed Restaurant.com my situation and certificate number.

A week later Bryan in Customer Service emailed me he had mailed my certificate to me from Chicago. It arrived today for a great local restaurant.
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   LathamJoe T 0 Votes
My friend, Charlie, earned $100 in gift certificates with Restaurant.com. I assisted him in printing out $50 worth of certificates in January 2011. Recently, We attempted to print out the remaining $50 but could not find a current portal for access. Upon sending an email to the website's customer service dept., I received a prompt and helpful reply from William Weimer of Restaurant.com.
We have obtained the remaining gift certifcates and we are thankful to Mr. Weimer for his excellent customer service.
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   Lori Waite 0 Votes
On November 2, 2011, I purchased a $25 certificate for $10. When I hit the "print" button, a center message popped up giving a message about the coupon: I must have a $50 minimum purchase. Minimum purchases were not mentioned in their "terms and conditions". The next day, I called 1-888-745-6991, and spoke with an agent named Julie Krumwidee. I explained the above information. After checking with her boss, she credited back the $10.00. She explained that since i just became a member on the day (11/2) I made the purchase, she would give me a one-time courtesy favor of reversing the charge. I remained pleasant the entire time and she mirrored back great customer service. Just remember...if it sounds too good to be true, read the entire fine print. When I revisited restaurant.com and the restaurant site, the minimum purchase was actually stated on the screen: There was a message in red that said something about a promo code, and then right under it in black print, was "on a minimum purchase of $50". I was too much in a hurry to read EVERYTHING!!!
 17th of May, 2012 by   SMOOTH OPERATORS 0 Votes
Great Customer Service from :
Christina Catalan...Rob Vorhies...William Weimer...

I messed up trying to purchase gift certificates each one of these Customer Service Rep's were all 10's...
when I sent out an email for help they all immediately responded and resolved each of my issues.

It is a wonderful experience to have a knowledgeable rep help you. A+'s to each of them.
 13th of Nov, 2012 by   JAC DESHA 0 Votes
11-13-12

MY USES FOR THE COUPONS ARE MOSTLY TO GIVEMY REALESTATE CLIENTS FOR A GREAT MEAL --THEY DO NOT MIND PAYING THE BALANCE !!

I HAVEHADNUMEROUS QUESTIONS OVER THE 2 YEARS WITH RESTAURANTS, COM AND ALWAYS -ALWAYS I WAS HELPED TO THE INTH DEGREE AND MMOST RECENTLY BU JERLISA WHITE - SHE SPENT A LOT OF TIME TELLING MWE SHORTCUTS TO THE PROGRAM --I WAS LOST IN THE SIT -FROM NOT USING IT OFTEN ENOUGH FOR MYSELF--NOW I AM FINE AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HELPFUL !! JAC DESHA-FLA

Tax Hacks: 5 Smart Uses for Your Tax Refund