logo

Bastards

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Restaurant.com Complaints & Reviews - This company is a scam!

Restaurant.com Contacts & Informations

Restaurant.com

Posted:    D Ksor

This company is a scam!

Hello,

I recently bought some certificate from restaurant.com. The purchase was paid with my credit and but I didn't not receive any certificate. I try to contact the company about the certificate through multiple emails and phone calls. I didn't get a reply through email and when I try to call no one pick up the phone. I hope that no one will do business with this company because it is all just a scam.

DK
Comments United States Restaurants & Bars
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2008 by   Jackie 0 Votes
I have used them many times without any problem at all
 1st of Aug, 2008 by   Blair 0 Votes
I recently purchased and received my gift certs. They were not mailed but I had to print them through a link emailed to me. They worked fine at the restaurant.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by   marla 0 Votes
i recently purchased some gift certificates with restaurant.com.

i know while paying for these at the end of check out they present you with an offer to subscribe to "shopping essentials" and even offer to take $10 off your purchase.

there is also a button that says to decline this offer and proceed to your printable gift certificates.

its pretty obvious that the offer would lead to a subscription and some spam stuff, but its easily avoidable.

this company is legit, just be more careful next time when you sign up for stuff.

i made sure and called restaurant.com and shopping essentials to make sure i was not signed up for the monthly subscription. shopping essentials did not have anything on file with me, and restaurant.com ensured me that if i declined the offer i would not get any charges.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by   marla 0 Votes
oh ya, the gift certificates are printed, not sent.
 31st of Oct, 2008 by   Brian 0 Votes
I have been using them for years without a single issue. I feel that you have made this complaint out of ignorance. you have failed to read how this program works, you must print your own certificate out. Literacy for the win
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   Kim 0 Votes
You're supposed to PRINT them!
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   Jakein619area 0 Votes
I used them just to test them out and they worked for me like a charm. I'm in San Diego, Ca and I actually purchased them for my business to use as incentives. I purchased 100 $25 gift certificates from a company called CMI AKA www.creativemarketingincentives.biz for $800.00 Anyways, they work like a charm and my customers love them and even come back for more! Of course they have to buy at least $50 worth of product from me in order to get one. That's why I love them so much...They work and they bring me in lots of customers and referrals. This is my experience with working with Restaurant.com certificates. I give my customers the website and a code and they print it from their own computer.

Jake
San Diego
Retailer
 8th of Aug, 2009 by   tweety21ca 0 Votes
They are having a promotion - 80% off all gift certificates. Just enter the coupon code PORTION at check-out.

I'm hoping to get one for my wedding reception which will be at one of their sponsored restaurants.
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   JacquieDHassan -1 Votes
I think some of the people who post here, have air where their brains should be.
Firstly the conditions are CLEARLY specified on each restaurant site. Secondly I have used these certificates, AT DIFFERENT restaurants, at the rate of one or more per week in the Tampa Bay area, from casual dining to high end 75$ per person type establishments AND NEVER have I had a single question or problem.
For the idiot who didn't get her certificates in the mail YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PRINT THEM FROM YOUR COMPUTER!
 9th of Sep, 2009 by   leofox 0 Votes
The catch is that you have to buy a $50 min meal and also pay 18% in gratuities.

11th of Sep, 2009 by   curlyq -1 Votes
I think it's unfortuanate for companies, such as restaurant.com, that 95% of Americans are illiterate. (Note: I am basing this statistic only off my own life experiences and observations, please don't cite in your GED program essay).
I was curious to know what was said about this company by other consumers after I ordered certificates and was charged 9 times more what I approved. However, I called customer service today and very simply the rep. agreed to reimburse my credit card, the process taking 2-3 business days. I did have to wait approximately 10 minutes to speak with someone, but if my reimbursment goes through as i was told I will be satisfied.
I did recieve all of my certificates to my account for printing. I haven't used any yet, but considering the amazing deal I got on them, I honestly am not concerned about the validity of each and every one. I brought about 30. It was stated VERY clearly what the restrictions were to using the certificates. All they really are are coupons.
I thought it was VERY clear when I proceeded to check out that I was being asked to authorize another companies promotion, which stated in fine, but legible, print that I would be charged a recurring $14.95 a month. Any sensible person would realize that a business such as this would have to promote other companies such as 'shopping essentials' to stay in business!
 19th of Oct, 2009 by   john1951 0 Votes
We used one for a local pizza place. Three of us went, and the coupon was for $25. The entire bill came to $35. So, in essence, three of us ate for $10, which is less than $4 a person. The food was terrific, and tasted even better knowing we got such a discount. This Restaurant.com is the best thing for trying new places and enjoying an evening out. I highly recommend using them. On occasion, they have a 'special' going on, and you get an even bigger discount. Look for those coupons!!!
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   Karen the Kat 0 Votes
I received coupons for 2 area restaurants last Christmas from an out of town relative. They had been printed on his home computer. I used both of them without any problems at all and will probably get some ofmy own. I would like it if they expanded the number of restaurants for which I can get coupons.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   Karen the Kat 0 Votes
to leofox - You do not have to spend $50. Usually it is $35 for a $25 coupon you pay $10 for. In essance then, you pay a total of $20 to get $35 worth of food. Unless, of course you select food that totals more than $35. Bottom line, it is still $15 off. In my book, a good deal.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   Paolo B. -1 Votes
Where is the saving? Maybe $6. Let's say I buy a $25 gift certificate for $10. That means I really only have $15 credit. If I spend $50 on food and the restaurant adds 18% gratuities to the bill, that adds $9.00 to the bill for a total of $59. So $25 minus the $10 I paid and the $9 for tips leaves me with a net saving of $6. The final bill is $59 minus $25 which is $34, but you have to add my $10 and the tip of $9 so the meal is really costing me $53. Not much of a saving.
The only true saving comes when you can get a discount such as today when the $25 gif certificate can be purchased for $2. I would then be saving $14 instead of $6.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   ibgordo 0 Votes
@paolo The only way your math works is if you are a really $hitty tipper. It's $15 off the bill no matter how you do the math. That is unless you would leave no tip if given the option. Your counting the tip twice.
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   MissPickles 0 Votes
Guessing by your grammar, you are not a native speaker of English. Maybe that is why you don't understand how the website works. You should check the details of all agreements before getting pissed off.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   Engine 0 Votes
So basically here's the low down...you're buying a coupon. Not even a great coupon like buy one get one free. Unfortunately I got mine through a reseller (which is forbidden by the terms and conditions.) who sold it at retail.
The only way this is a good deal is as one other person said, "The only true saving comes when you can get a discount such as today when the $25 gif certificate can be purchased for $2."

So if you're thinking about getting this I'd suggest: 1.Read the terms and conditions carefully...this is definitely not a purchase you should make without fully understanding it. 2. Be aware that this is NOT like buying a gift card that can be redeemed as cash. 3. As you go through the "Help" section you'll see that it never mentions that a cash purchase is required..but in every case THEY ARE... to me this is very deceptive but again-if you're into paying for coupons go for it...
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   UHshepp -1 Votes
To all the people that are dogging on restaurant.com, I am willing to bet that you have a problem with 95% of things out there in the world.

Sometimes its necessary to stop pointing your finger at everyone else and look at oneself.

I have gotten about 10 of my friends hooked on restaurant.com, it's a sweet deal. Read each restaurant's terms and conditions and decide if you are down for that.

Also, until you are an abid user of this program don't buy 20 at one time. Buy like 3 to get you started so you understand it. Once you understand it, then be patient and wait. Once a month a new promo code comes out either to your email or somewhere easily found on google where you can buy these certificates for $2 or $3 a piece.

Restaurant.com has made me and my buddies look like big shots to our ladies, and we are actually going to nice places and spending less than if we went to some casual place like Chili's.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   UHshepp -1 Votes
And to all the people complaining about the 18% tip, are y'all just giving $0 tips when you go out to eat?

I normally tip 15%, but 3% more is chump change and not a big deal when you get $22-$23 off your bill.

5 Reports Tracking You