logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Viking Magazine-
They won't let me cancel!
2. (1 mins ago)

Posted:    KarenInPhoenix

misuse of credit card

Red Woman Within
womanwithin.com
I had purchased items from this site a couple of time. When I made my most recent purchase, my credit card number appeared on its own. I do not normally leave my credit card number on site, but thought maybe I had made a mistake. After completing the purchase, I went to my account page on Woman Within and accessed personal information with the intent of deleting the card number. No credit information was listed on my account page.
I called customer support and was told it was not possible that my number would appear if I did not type it in and tell the site to save it. The person did not know why my credit information did not appear on my account page. I obtained a phone number for what the person said was tech support, but what turned out to be the real customer support (I had been talking to a sales person, according to the new person). (I have all the names, but don't want to publish them because I believe it is the company's fault if its employees are poorly trained.)
The new person also told me that what I was experiencing is impossible. Got the same unhelpful answers and was told that she was not customer service either, that they are closed on Sundays. She said I would need to call tech support. I asked for that number. She said she did not have it, but she did have the customer service number. While providing that, she discovered she did have tech support number.
I called tech support Monday and was told it was not possible that my number would pop up unless I typed it in and told the site to save it. Then I asked if that were case, why didn't my credit information appear on my account page. The reason is because my computer, without my knowing it, has an automatic fill-in feature that fills in that information. Somehow, this software picks up my number from a previous typing and saves and then uses it for my convenience. I said if that were the case then that credit card number would pop up every time I shopped online. I could not believe anyone in a technical support job could be so stupid.
This site has a number of sister sites that presumably would also have access to my credit card number. I called the credit card company, but all they could do was to cancel the purchase and/or issue me a new number.
If you care about your credit security, don't buy here or at any of the sister sites: OneStopPlus, Roaman's, Jessica London, BylaneHome, avenue, KingSize, Bargain Catalog Outlet.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More RED Woman Within complaints
RED Woman Within - charging for a BO

Comments

28th of Jan, 2013 by   boutaswell 0 Votes
Try flushing your browser cache. They are notorious for saving info when least expected.
 19th of Sep, 2013 by   Jasmine34952 0 Votes
Interesting. I am having the opposite problem. My credit card, billing address and shipping address were all saved on the website. I placed an order. I checked to make sure before I clicked on "submit order" and all was correct. Five minutes later, I received a confirmation email with the wrong name on the credit card and the wrong shipping address. I checked my account online and everything in my account had been changed. I tried to fix it and it wouldn't let me. So I immediately responded to the confirmation email by cancelling the order. Yesterday, I looked at my credit card bill online and they charged my card!!! I called customer service and they told me that they never received my cancellation. Now they are claiming that the package is on it's way to the wrong shipping address and that someone at the shipping address should refuse the package so it is returned to them and then they'll issue a credit to my card. This happened on the Jessica London website. I placed another order on the Woman Within website well over 12 days ago. All the info is correct but when I check the tracking number on FedEx, it shows that the package has been in transit between Orlando and Miami for six days!!! Really? That is totally ridiculous. I am never ever shopping on their websites again.

Tips to Save as You Shop Online