logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (3 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
A charge that was not authorized
2. (7 mins ago)
crystal hues ltd
employee harassment
3. (7 mins ago)
Dri*trend Micro Orderfind.com Mn
Double billed on credit card
4. (16 mins ago)
BP Canada Shingles
Poor Shingle Life - Bad Warranty!
5. (28 mins ago)
United Furniture Industries
Defect in cuddler recliner?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

RCBC Bankard Instacard Complaints & Reviews - Unjust and unreasonable withholding of time deposit placement fee for Instacard secured credit card

RCBC Bankard Instacard Contacts & Informations

RCBC Bankard Instacard

Posted: 2011-04-01 by    aadeleon

RCBC and Bankard
Philippines
I applied for RCBC Bankard's Instacard - a secured credit card that required a time deposit upon application. I filed my application in January 2011.

I went to RCBC Trinoma several times to ask about my application and they always assured me that they would e-mail Bankard and make a follow-up on my Instacard application.

On March 11, 2011 (Friday), I went back to RCBC Trinoma to inquire about my application. When they said Bankard still had not updated them, I asked if I could call Bankard myself using their phone. I had already waited for two months and I was wondering why my Instacard was taking so long. They gave me the phone number of Bankard and that's when I was told by Bankard's CSR that my application was denied in January 2011 and that the reason was undisclosed.

Since Bankard told me that my application was denied, I talked to RCBC Trinoma's branch manager and asked to withdraw my time deposit. The branch manager said that they could not just release my money and that they had to refer to Bankard for instructions on how to proceed.

On the morning of March 14, 2011 (Monday), I called Bankard and inquired about my request to withdraw my time deposit, since I was assured by the branch manager at RCBC Trinoma that he e-mailed Bankard. I was advised by Bankard that they had nothing to do with the time deposit for my denied Instacard application, because Bankard was a credit card company and that the release of my time deposit was at RCBC Trinoma's discretion. Though I was advised as such, I was also told that they would file a report about my case and I was given a reference number.

Late afternoon of March 14, 2011 my Instacard arrived - it was processed AFTER I requested to have my money back.

I called Bankard and RCBC Trinoma the next day, March 15, 2011, to ask why they processed my application when I already requested to get my money. I was advised by RCBC Trinoma and Bankard to request for the cancellation of the card. Bankard said to call in 2-3 working days to check if my card was already cancelled. I made a follow-up and was informed that my card was cancelled on March 16, 2011.

Today is April 1, 2011 and RCBC Trinoma still would not release my money - the time deposit for my Instacard application that was denied in January 2011 and was speedily processed AFTER I told RCBC Trinoma that I wanted my money back. RCBC Trinoma told me that, according to Bankard, I could only withdraw my time deposit after 60 days to wait for late billing submissions from merchants, when I NEVER USED THE CARD, I HAD IT CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY, and I NEVER EVEN SIGNED IT.

It was not my fault that they processed my application AFTER I requested to have my money back - it was Bankard's. Now Bankard and RCBC Trinoma are saying that I have to wait for 60 days to get my money back.

I e-mailed Bankard with RCBC's CEO on the CC yesterday and I had to make a follow-up today. As of posting I have not heard anything yet from Bankard or RCBC.

RCBC is a bank and Bankard is a credit card company - both are trusted with their clients' finances and yet they have been very unreliable and inconsistent. I am being inconvenienced by these two companies and they can't even reply promptly to my e-mails.

RCBC Trinoma has been keeping my money without logical reason and, since I already requested to withdraw my money and protested against their keeping it for 60 days, RCBC Trinoma is keeping my money without my consent.
Comments Philippines Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Oct, 2011 by   glamz 0 Votes
RCBC Bankard officers are so arrogant... especially the collections officers. My mom had that card and there was once she forgot to pay on the said due date...then there was a collections officer who was so impolite telling her to pay or else it will be send to their legal counsel and so my mom decided to deactivate the card. Then there was again a collections officer who keeps on calling her to process her final payment and threatens her that if she could not pay today, they will add up 10% to my mom's bill...so undeniably arrogant collectors...I have not experienced that from BPI and BDO officers...Though I have not yet spoken to their collections officer...Hate RCBC so much...no wonder they almost gave their cards as freebies...
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   stephen@sotharo 0 Votes
i'm so thankful that i surf the net i'am planning to transfer my funds to the instaCard program of rcbc! I rather stay with BPI.
 27th of Jan, 2012 by   Proud_Jesu 0 Votes
I agree to that.. Having a RCBC-Bankard CC IS NOT ADVISABLE!.. It is not even reliable..I have one and I just skip payment for a month unintentionally, they called me and threathens me to pay them at once..If not they will give it to the companies legal counsel.. Of course, I have so may collegues that said to not believe that kind of threats from the CC companies.."But of course I will pay them.. But still they are so arrogant..They dont even care if you dont have money..They will attack you as long as they want to..All I can say is, DO NOT GO INTO RCBC-BANKARD.
 5th of Mar, 2012 by   Thorvaughn 0 Votes
Thanks for all of your comment. I just applied for an RCBC bankard classic mastercard 3 wks ago and today, they had text me that they rejected my application and advised me to apply for an RCBC bankard instacard options. They will send me a letter within this week. I don't know about the said card and that's the reason I searched on it through the internet. And this is the first site that I had opened. This time I'm doubtful whether to trust this company or not. Thanx for your comments.

Thorvan
 21st of Mar, 2012 by   Michael Permison 0 Votes
geee! maybe its better for me to use cash for payment rather than using credit card.. we want to use CC to get us help by payment of what we want to buy and not to get rid of something.. same with Thorvan, , I also receive the same messages.. that's why im checking it out.. thanks guys for giving some advice. i prefer now to cancel my application.

Michael Permison
 1st of May, 2012 by   kenz5002 0 Votes
I just received a text message from RCBCBnkard today and it says;
"Our records indicate that for some reason, you were not issued an RCBC Bankard. We offer you the RCBC Bankard InstaCard option. Expect to receive a letter w/in the next few days to know its unique benefits."
With all those comments, I'm in doubt. I could not see any reason if they will deny my application as I have submitted all the requirements and abide on what was stated most on the site.
Let me see try to visit RCBC branch here in Davao. Haven't got any ideas about Bankard InstaCard. Seems you need to have a time deposit.

Kenz
 6th of May, 2012 by   Jaereyes 0 Votes
Nice forum. I am now in doubt in applying any kinds of CC with Bankard/RCBC.
 13th of May, 2012 by   LalaBea -1 Votes
Kung ayaw nyo ma harass wag nyo gamitin card nyo kung hindi nyo kayang bayaran or hindi kayo sure na mababayaran nyo. Bakit naman ako ilang yrs na ko sa bankard hindi naman ako nahaharass ng ganyan kasi im a responsible credit card user. I always pay on time. Kung ayaw nyo nahaharass matuto kayo magbayad ng utang nyo ganon lang yun kasimple. Kung hindi nyo kaya yun wag kayong mag credit card.
 20th of May, 2012 by   enzo owens 0 Votes
I just received a text message from RCBC Bankard that my application for cc was declined and they offer me the same thing the InstaCard I have no idea about the InstaCard so I have to check online and found this forum that lead me to say no to the offer. On the other hand I talked to one of the customer service to ask more about the said card., its a time deposit with a minimum of 5 thousand pesos and you need to agree for a certain time that you can only withdraw the amount deposited, if ever you will receive a card from them the credit limit is just the same as the amount of the time deposit you provided... All I can say this card connot benefit me.. it's a big NO NO...
 24th of May, 2012 by   heart_ganda 0 Votes
Hi guys.. Thanks for all your comments and suggestion..I am lead not to pursue with RCBC InstaCard, since I received a same text message and a letter..
 30th of May, 2012 by   senira 0 Votes
by the way.. how can i cancel it? can i cancel it after i received the card?i just got the same message too.. i have doubts on getting the instacard that they are offering,
 6th of Jun, 2012 by   jhenny pie 0 Votes
>, "< IF YOU'RE A GOOD AND RESPONSIBLE PAYER YOU WONT HAVE THAT KIND OF TROUBLES...
 11th of Jun, 2012 by   den_05 0 Votes
WOOOOOOH!!! im applying for visa card from rcbc but after 1 week, i received a text that my application was denied. now they are referring me to instacard. great to see this post. i was actually doing a research about in rcbc's website hence havent had the article about instacard. thanks. Now i will just cancel everything from rcbc, knowing that i dont have a savings account with them. ill just go with bdo.
 28th of Aug, 2012 by   Belle A. 0 Votes
same here. I was declined with the RCBC credit card and received a text that they're offering me Instacard instead in which I will receive a letter in a few days. I unaware about the card so i looked for info and thanks for this forum that i am inform now about it. So, one of the requirement is a min. of 5k deposit. My question is how much is the credit limit they're giving? is it based on the amount of the time deposit? Please enlighten. Thanks.
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   gersie_08 0 Votes
I also received the same message from RCBC this morning that my credit card application was denied and referring to instacard instead. Thanks that I had check the net first. I'm not going to pursue this application. Thanks guys!
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   leeya 0 Votes
Harassing and being rude to any client is very unprofessional. That's a strategic move of RCBC. They will decline your application for a regular credit card and they will offer the Instacard. They will be lending you your own money since you have to make a time deposit with them. In effect you are borrowing your own money.
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   leeya 0 Votes
They will not give the entire time deposit some banks give up to 80%.
 20th of Sep, 2012 by   bellepep 0 Votes
i applied for instacard they said i'd get it after a week... it's been a month i don't know what happened to the CC...
 12th of Nov, 2012 by   fred2323 0 Votes
I just have opened my kid's Wise savings account.somebody from RCBC called me to get the bank book from any RCBC bank branches here in Cebu and my daughter would also get a freebie which he mentioned a coloring book.
So after a week we went toBasak mandaue RCBC branch then after we got the passbook then we deposited just a small amount then we have remembered about the freebie coloring book..then we went back to new account Male guy there who looks like so lasy he didn't even bother to tell us at first for the coloring book, so we asked him about it.then we waited 30 minutes, imagine 30 minutes just to get the coloring book.i have observed the bank it was already 5 minutes before 3:00pm and there were no more customers there..they just say to wait more for them to get the coloring book inside the vault..wtf...im sorry to say this im just carried out by my emotion... so we waited another 5 minutes and I stated to get iritated for this faking coloring book of yours!!!i dont mind about the coloring book, the reason i waited for that long is for my daughter who is very excited about it and she started to get so sad...To get straight ... Is this your kind of promo service telling us to get something but we cant get it if we asked for it?we left the RCBC basak mandaue bank empty handed for that Lasy guy who is lousy to move and the female staff infront of him with an office desk who is didn't even care to get that faking coloring book..anyways I already know from the start how your bank treats your client...I dont think you are even can't be trusted to have a good relationship together in the future...so eat all coloring books you have in your bank..I can even buy it for a 20 pesos from a chinese merchandise... it's my daughter's dismay which is priceless that is offended here... i dont need an apology..just sunction/discipline all your employees in cebu mandaue basak RCBC branch!!!
 18th of Nov, 2012 by   convergys_jeff 0 Votes
Thanks for all your comments here. I just decided to stop my pursuit in getting an RCBC Credit Card or depositing my money in their bank. They sucks! Haha! Hello BDO or BPI.

Cecil County Credit Card Fraud