logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Fake charge and no prize
2. (1 mins ago)
ACS Inc USA
Scammers
5. (10 mins ago)
TraderXP.com
Multiple denied withdrawl request, after stating I was approved by phone.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner Complaints & Reviews - Expensive piece of junk

Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner Contacts & Informations

Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner

Posted:    d. granata

Expensive piece of junk

Rainbow vacuum cleaner (the e series) is the one i bought, this thing is a expensive piece of junk. The cord is so cheap it gets very warm during use, it does not pick up things off my carpet near as good as my much much cheaper sears vacuum, so many times i have to loosen things on the rug before the rainbow will pick it up,so i get out my 200 dollar sears and get the job done.

I learned a very costly lesson and am letting everyone i can what a waste of money a rainbow vac is.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner complaints
Rainbow Vacuum Cleaner - exploit new recruits

Comments

31st of Mar, 2008 by   glenda -2 Votes
You'd have to be a retard to spend that much on a vacuum cleaner. A retard or a sucker... or both! BAHAHA!
 30th of Jul, 2008 by   Rob -1 Votes
are you kidding me? The Rainbow is worth every penny!!!
If you are having that much trouble with it, you obviously haven't got the real deal...

My rainbow clean more effectively than any other vacuum on the market. It aromitizes, deorterizes, and santitizes...So whats your problem...

No bags, no filters and no bad orders.
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by   Dantucho 0 Votes
Hey! Just change belt in power nozzle, there should be an extra one inside! And put your dust blower in the garbage!))) Rainbow is the Best!!!
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   Tamara 0 Votes
This is so sad that you are not enjoying your Rainbow. I have had mine since 1986 and love everything about it. Be patient and yes change the belt and relax. Be patient and read about this wonderful machine. If you have any dogs, cats in the house and children you will be so excited to know the rainbow picks up all the hair and more. It goes deep into the pad. A remarkable invention. Now slow down and try to relize what you have.
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   jerrydav 0 Votes
Yesterday I sat through a two hour demonstration of the "Rainbow Cleaning System" (from a friend of my son). I was quite embarrassed for this young man, and advised him to find another part time job as soon as possible. Are there really people out there gullible enough to buy this product? How do they justify the $2600 price tag (and that does not even include the power nozzle)? I'm an engineer and have a pretty good idea of what vacuum cleaner components should cost. Even manufactured in the USA, a conservative figure would be around $400. My recently purchased Kenmore with a HEPA filter costs $250. According to Consumers Reports, my model Kenmore received a high mark for carpet cleaning and emissions. The Rainbow also received a high mark for emissions, however it received a poor rating for cleaning carpet. Then there's the additional setup the Rainbow requires prior to usage and the cleanup required after usage. It just doesn't make any logical sense why someone would pay close to $3000 for a vacuum cleaner, when equivalent brands are available at a fraction of the cost.

When the young man requested referrals, I told him that I could not in good faith give him any based on the questionable claims he made about the product, and also that it bordered on being an outright scam.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Bernard 0 Votes
Here's a good review of the rainbow vacuum cleaner:

19th of Feb, 2009 by   Shonnette 0 Votes
I would like to first say that you people who don't absolutely LOVE Rainbow are very ignorant, as it is the very best cleaning system on the market. If you lack the funds to purchase the Rainbow at the asking price, that is nobody's fault but your own, "you get what you pay for". For The so called engineer in the 4th or 5th comment, I would like to know what you engineer so that I will never be subject to your ignorance, There is no low grade Kenmore with "HEPA" filter that will ever come close to cleaning with the ability of the Rainbow. The Rainbow representative was probably embarrassed for you that you live in dirt and allergens, and was probably wondering why the acclaimed "engineer" who should make a little money cannot afford to buy the best cleaning system on the market, but can afford to live in dirt...you deserve to own a Kenmore, and I feel sorry for all of you who don't thoroughly enjoy Rainbow. And just to let you know, you are the fool, people pay close to $3000 for Rainbow because it works!
 14th of Mar, 2009 by   mark40511 -1 Votes
These machines are great. That said, I do think they are priced a bit too high. You can do research and get one from a reputable company that specialized in completely rebuilt refurbished almost like new Rainbows. Don't get one used from some "just selling theirs"...I don't know of any bagged or bagless vacuum other than the Rainbow that can leave your house smelling like a fresh RAIN STORM when done vacuuming. BE SURE to change the water often when vacuuming. Don't let the water get thick and muddy like cake batter and continue vacuuming. Stop after about 20 minutes dump the water down the sink and refill with fresh water. Much Much better filtration and it will make your machine last longer and stay cleaner. When the water gets thick and mucky, it loses it's ability to trap dirt thus the dirt will go into the Rainbow and bounce off the thick crud and wind up causing not only the inside of your machine to get dirty, but also your hepa (if your model has one)...Doing this also makes the water a lot easier to deal with...When its thick and cruddy, you can't dump in down the sink. When changed more frequently, it just works better all around. It is a tad bit more of a pain to change the water more frequently but after three years of doing this with my vacuum, the hepa filter is still snow white. Who says water doesn't filter dirt...That's the proof right there. Also, did you know you can add a couple of drops of Jetdry dishwasher rinse aid (no more than a couple of drops or water will be too foamy) and this will increase the water's ability to capture dirt...Not that it doesn't already but this just adds to it if you want to try it.
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   Joyce Watson 0 Votes
The medal hoses do not lock in place. Cheap ones do. I have to hold them together while I vacuum.
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   alfeef +1 Votes
I think it would be nice if we really knew the TRUE selling price for Rainbow nowdays... I don't think it's right for them to have to make deals with you... or raise the price so you can talk it down. What does it really cost??? really???
 20th of Aug, 2009 by   MexicanLovers311 -1 Votes
The Rainbow is great but the guy selling it promised alot of free attachments to buy it and once we paid for it and he left we have yet to see him or our free things. Again the Rainbow is great but I wish I would have got one from somewhere else not have been lied to from the guy selling it. So if anyone from NorthEast Alabama is reading this dont buy from a guy named Paul!! He will lie over and over again to get you to buy.
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   snowchic 0 Votes
I am a new owner of 2-3 weeks of the Rainbow Vaccum cleaner. I must say, I AM AMAZED. I vaccumed before the salesman arrived, thinking my house clean and tidy.
Clean? NOT! Not only was I embarrassed, I was and am amazed!!! I live in an older house (part of it being built in 1905) and have 2 cats. I have used other vaccum cleaners, some very reputable and the top of the line with a paper bag filter system.
I am vaccuming 2 times a week, maybe more just to get the years of crud out of my carpet(s)! For one that thought my vaccum was doing the job I needed, was I ever in for a surprise. I do love the machine so far and am thinking of buying a refurbished one for my oasis in the desert, where there really IS dust!@!!!.
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   Pureair 0 Votes
The gentleman who is an ENGINEER is not very intelligent to think that a product sells for what it costs to make. That is the problem with Engineers, they ALWAYS say "It doesn't cost that much to build a product." Well, did they pay more for their house, car, refridgerator, freezer, microwave, washer, dryer, food, clothes, etc than what they cost to make/build? Why would an engineer think they can pay for a Rainbow what it costs to build????? The Hepa filter in other vacuums have to be replaced...not in the Rainbow...the only reason it is even there is so it could become a certified air cleaner. No other procuct on the market is a certified air cleaner and vacuum cleaner. Consumer Reports is bias and only tests the Rainbow as a vacuum cleaner, not an air cleaner. They also test it on talcum powder...which blows right through water. How many people do you know live in talcum powder...they don't, they live in dust. So they should test it on household cleaning.
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   yowrx +1 Votes
I wanted to sell Rainbows. But, then I figured it out.How can a salesman make up to 1000 dollars every sale and the company make money? Easy. Cheap cost.All a Rainbow is, is a wet dry vac.Go put some water in your shop vac. Same thing.Giant pyramid scheme. Your a sucker if you buy one.
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   Cathy from Augusta -3 Votes
I just cleaned my fileter-now the vac won't even turn on==any suggestions?
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   RAINBOW RAINBOW 0 Votes
Rainbow Cleaning systems are by far the greatest innovation for in-home cleaning. Not only is it a certified air purification unit, but doubles as the most effective vacuum on the market. There's never a loss of "Air flow" that the dry based conventional system will ALWAYS have. You never have to bend over to get that string on the floor b/c your vacuum wont get it. Every single tool is close by as well.. so you can go around and remove ALL the dirt(essentially dust in our air) from ALL aspects of your home extremely quick. Then when you're done cleaning, you turn it back to the air purifier and it slowly pulls in any extra dust coming into the home.
 11th of Nov, 2009 by   Moved to Georgia 0 Votes
I bought my rainbow used in 1982 for $350, a model D2. I also tried to sell the rainbow in 1983, but didn't sell any units. I love my rainbow for cleaning hard wood, tile & linoleum floors. I recently had to contact a dealer in Macon, Georgia to buy a used water basin to replace mine, my daughter dropped it on concrete & the water basin cracked. I received the product in the mail & I am very happy to be using my rainbow again. My oldest daughter bought a model E2 today and she is very happy, she got 12 month payments with no interest. She is cleaning her house right now. p.s. I own a Kirby & it is excellent for cleaning the carpets. I bought it new in 1989. These are the only vacuum cleaners I have ever owned. I was born in 1961 and have been married for 26 years.
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   aao_k +1 Votes
So sorry for your unhappiness with your rainbow. i have owned one now for almost 10 years and have had nothing but excellent service from it. If your's is not performing to it's utmost potential, i would suggest taking it to a rainbow service to have the filter changed and the belt as well. apparently something is just not letting the machine perform as it should. if the wrong types of material get sucked in by mistake it is easy to clog the filter and dirty the vaccuum itself. spend a few more bucks and have it serviced before you lose all hope with this wonderful machine.
as for the salesman asking 2600$ for the new rainbow.. that is a rip off. i think the price for a new one is around 1500$. +/- . this guy was looking to make a quick buck.
i have only 1 complaint about the rainbow outfit. NOT my vaccuum. it is very hard to locate the dealer to purchase more of the scents that can be put into the water. since the machine is quite expensive, i wouldn't trust another product that was not recommended for the rainbow. so i find it rather annoying when i want to put some apple spice smell in the water to circulate through as i run the machine to cleanse the air in the house. that part really irriatates me. the cost of these liquid's are expensive as well. but i feel they are worth it.
good luck with you rainbow. hope all works out well with it and you can be satisfied with your investment.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   adeli 0 Votes
i love my rainbow. its the best cleaning product in the market. i will not change my rainbow for any other vacuum not dyson, not orec, or any brand. I have had my rainbow for four years. and i will have a rainbow for my kids and for my generations and i would recomend it for everybody. its the best product. i have never had a problem with it. i bought the 2005 model for 1900. they are expensive but are worth it.
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   reallyangry 0 Votes
I wonder how many pro Rainbow responses were written by sellers. I bought a system 7 months ago feeling sorry for my son-in-law (who moved on shortly after to another job because of hard to obtain sales). The high-speed motor quit and when I tried to contact the local distributor office where I bought it they had flown the coop. I called Rainbow in US and they referred me to a guy in Ottawa, (300 miles from me) who was responsible for my area. He very smugly and with a distasteful tone told me that if I send the unit to him and pay shipping both ways he would fix it, even though he didn't have to because I didn't buy it from him. I told him I was going to complain to media and he had no fears at all and made it clear there was no room to negotiate. I am stuck in a 5 year loan at 31% interest and Rainbow will not help at all. The entire sales and service is run as a 3rd party pyramid scheme and Rainbow leaves you in the cold.

How You Can Repair Your Credit Legally