logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
johnbrown4x4.com
Don’t buy from them – no documents and no help
2. (9 mins ago)
seal test milk
bad
3. (12 mins ago)
GE Profile convection/gas double oven
plastic stove knobs melting
4. (16 mins ago)
Buckmasters 5 year subscription
Buckmasters Scam
5. (16 mins ago)
ViaSat Wildblue/Excede
no refund of month for termination

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Queen Yorkie Palace

Posted:    Susan

Unhealthy puppies

Queen Yorkie Palace
We got our yorkie from Queen Yorkies Palace in Denver, CO in July of 2008. Now, about a year and half later we discovered that our dog has severe liver problems.

We took our yorkie to the vet to get is teeth cleaned. During the routine blood check (to make sure it was safe to put him under) the vet discovered abnormally high enzyme levels in his blood. Suspecting liver problems the vet sent us to a specialist. After an expensive exam and ultra-sound it was concluded that our yorkie had an unusually small, under-developed liver with smaller-than-normal blood vessels throughout it. In addition, he was diagnosed with a liver shunt.

It will cost upwards of $2500 to repair the shunt. The underdeveloped liver and small blood vessels are genetic defects that cannot be repaired. Due to these problems our dog will now have a shortened life-span as well as future high medical and medicine bills.

I called Queen Yorkies Palace and asked Walt what he was going to do about it. He stated that since it had been over a year since we purchased him that they would do NOTHING. I called back later to demand that I get my money back and if I didn't I would post bad reviews about Queen Yorkies Palace on the Internet. Walt told me to "go ahead and do it".

Walt and Linda led us to believe that they bred their yorkies themselves. After doing further research it now appears that they buy their puppies from puppy mills and then resell them to unsuspecting consumers. They therefore are NOT breeders, but BROKERS of these little dogs.

PLEASE do not buy from this broker. We are obviously very attached to our yorkie now so putting him down is not an option. We will now be stuck with higher medical bills the rest of his shorter life. Please to not fall into the trap of buying a genetically defective dog from Queen Yorkie Palace like we did.
Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Feb, 2010 by   Katy Kentley 0 Votes
We purchased our babies (both of them) from this crooked operation. I don't say this just because I am upset or have anywhere near the problems of the folks that originally posted this. Queen Yorkies Palace is something completely different than how they originally represented themselves. Originally Walt, the owner of Queen Yorkies Palace explained to us that his "entire" family was involved in the business down south and that these puppies were carefully bred to be the best. I have learned a great deal about Yorkies since then and I did find out that all Walt and Linda were doing is traveling down South to obtain new puppies from what I would call puppy mills and bringing them back.

I saw that their website went down so maybe they are switching their business to something else. I think that would be best as these folks are the epitome of the breeder business. I hope that people read this and decide not to do business with these folks.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   Brent555 0 Votes
Katy,
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. We used to belong to a Yorkie meet-up club in Denver. After talking with the folks in that club, we also learned about Walt and Linda's crooked operation. Unfortunately, at this point we had already purchased a dog from them. The members of this group mentioned similar things about where exactly Queen Yorkie Palace gets their puppies. Walt told us that his kids breed their puppies on farms in Colorado. The members of the club indicated that Queen Yorkies Palace actually gets their puppies from various puppy mills. When you visit Walt and Linda at Queen Yorkie Palace they are VERY good and getting you to trust them. They'll lead you to believe that they are a couple of great people that own a completely family-owned business. Their facilities are also satisfactory - however I wonder what kind of living quarters these poor little dogs have in the mills in which they are born.

One other thing we learned from the club - A year or so ago Walt and Linda's house (where they previously ran their business) had a horrible fire. Instead of giving up for adoption the puppies that were in the house when it burnt down - they sold them at full price.
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   UpsetCO 0 Votes
These people are COMPLETE scam artists. I have not bought a puppy from them but I have a freind who worked very closely with them. My friend stopped working with them because they sell unhealty puppy mill puppies for MUCH, MUCH more than they buy them for. Walt puts on a very good front. He cares about the "puppy and the person". TOTAL BS! All he cares about is how much you can pay. Don't be fooled by him. Anyone who supports puppy mills supports animal cruelty. I bed you to not buy from these people. You will end up like the people above- with a puppy you love to death who will not live long.
 23rd of May, 2010 by   Suzanne Schimpler 0 Votes
I wish someone would prosecute these people! Walt and Linda know exactly what they are doing. We have had our yorkie for eight months, he needs hip replacement, his teeth have not dropped nor has his testicals. Walt and Linda how could you be so heartless and do this to these animals and to all the families and children you have affected? You have miss lead us in every way possible, from representing your self as a breeder, to the false love you have for these animals, I hope the money you made brought alot of happiness to your crooked heart.
Sue
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   LuvUwinni 0 Votes
In Memory of Winni (Winchester) Bear ... 10/10/09-7/7/10

We got Winni from Queen yorkies palace in January.
We just lost our beautiful, and outgoing, rambunctious baby girl on Wednesday. We are devastated and miss her sooo very much. So does our 1yr old yorkie Rocki.
We wish we would have known better, and maybe had a heads up about her condition so we could have taken precautionary action to keep her here with us longer.
I am glad to see their location has been shut down and so has their website...
we wish we would have searched this a week ago, before winni got sick, but we hope this can save some more lives and hopefully bring justice to Winni and all the victims of Walt and Linda Gueens Yorkie Palace.

We will never for get our precious angel!!! May she watch over us and her Big brother ROCKI
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   GRANNYSMITH2 0 Votes
I know Walt and Linda personally. How could you people not prosicute suche bad behaviorr. or atleast call Tom Martino. I hope this helps you people waLTER WAS CONVICTED IN THE 70 FOR CHECK FRAUD AND IN THE 90S FOR SECURITIES FRAUD. SO HE HAS BEEN RIPPING PEOPLE FOR A LIVING. THIS HURTS MY HEART I KNOW HOW WE GET ATTACHED TO OUR ANIMANLS WHO ARE FAMILY MEMBERS AND THESE PEOPLE SELL U A DOG THAT THEY KNOW HAS A CHANCE OF BEING ILL. BELIVE ME THES GOOD CHRISTAN PEOPLE NEED TO BE PUT IN THEIR PLACE.
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   John Borden 0 Votes
HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU PEOPLE HEARD OF PUPPY MILLS AND TO STAY AWAY.ITS ASSHOLES LIKE YOU WHO ARE KEEPING THESE MONEY HUNGRY ASSHOLES IN BUSINESS
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   swright 0 Votes
Hello to all. I am looking for a good natured Yorkie for my 10-year old daugter ASAP. Does anyone know of a reputable breeder in the Denver Metro area? I would even be willing to drive farther to meet with someone who has a good track record and acres about providing good, healthy dogs. Thanks!
 2nd of Aug, 2014 by   Dwightalanc 0 Votes
We were given a "yorkie" in 2007 along with a copy of the original sales agreement from Yorkie Palace. We love our little guy very much but he is not a yorkie as the sales agreement states. Our best guess is that he is a "Torkie" (half Toy Fox Terrier). The original owner told us he was sold as a Teacup Short-haired Yorkie. He has also had his share of health problems though he is doing well now.

Marriage Fraud