Purely Creative

Scam and lies

4.75
Purely Creative
purelycreative.com
Firstly it is an obvious one (always read the small print), and one which I would not usually fall for... but, they got lucky. You scratch (which arrived in The Weekend TV guide, that arrives with a weekend news paper)the card. They tell you have won and that you must text to find out the details of what has been won and how to claim. Many texts need to be sent.It is a hefty fee for sending a few texts.The winnings just cover the cost of the texts and the stamp they request in order to send the so called winnings. It was about 2/3 months ago and I have still not received the funds.

It is a negligible sum. In oder the pursue it on the overpriced number would be throughing good money after bad and I suspect a complete waste of time and energy. The name of the compampany Purely Creative... an oxymoron. It really does not get much less creative than that.

I am not pursuing the claim but want the world to know about it (so others are alerted;at least something good can come out of it), especially as it arrives along with a respectable wrapper; the Weekend Papers.
Complaint comments Comments (20) Complaint country United States Complaint category Health & Beauty
More Purely Creative Complaints & Reviews
Purely Creative - Scam [1]
Purely Creative - Prize Scratch Card [1]

Comments

30th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
purely creative is shit i won 10, 000 pounds and i never got a letter from the company after posting my ticket to them special delivery
 27th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Hello from Finland!

One of these scratch card came along with Linux Format. No surprise I was one of the lucky ones to claim the price. No suprise either that the fine print said it is for UK & ROI only and that I need to pay atleast £1.50/min to find out what I have won.

Our local legislation demands that if you are going to organize any kind of lottery at all participants needs to be told for free and as quickly as possible a) if they have won b) what they have won and c) what are the changes of winning. I hate bureaucracy but this time I prefer the Finnish way.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Purely Creative is the biggest scam ever, cost me 30euro to find out what I won, said I won an all inclusive holiday to Turkey and still haven't received anything, and can't get through to there lines or to them online. They should not be allowed put these scratch cards in magazines and papers and I think the publishers who do let them are as much to blame... Bet Ireland
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Agree with all the above, big scam, even if small amounts, adds up to big amounts fpr PC. Dont know why office of fair trading isnt on this one... PC use large reputable broadsheets to peddle their shit...

What can one do to stop others getting caught like this...

AH
 20th of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I agreed. I won 3 years ago, they kept sending me letters to my home address but asking me for more money. I finaly moved address and happy that they didn't know where. This Chrsitmas my mother bought the newspaper and won something (3 panels mach). I had to tell her it was a scam. The poor lady couldn't believe that a reputable newspaper would allow scams. Yes, they do. Please just do nomal national lottery, you can see the money immediatly when you win.
 5th of Dec, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I won 1 million pounds 3 matching symbols and of course after looking at this dodgy way of getting "claim number" I realised its a scam and I think beauty magazine should stop putting this scratch card inside because It's not fair
 27th of Jan, 2014 by    -2 Votes
I just got one of these in a group of 3 in the Daily Mirror. I was immediately suspicious due to the fact that on the first card I got no matching symbols, on the second I got two matching symbols and on the third I got three matching symbols. This probably means that anyone getting a group of 3 scratch cards will most likely get the same combination. Very suspicious indeed!
 10th of Nov, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I do not know how the people involved in doing this can sleep at night. It actually seems a complete rip off. My 17 Year old son spent nearly £10 in text. Well, he was excited to think he had won something & reality the difficulty to claim and the miniscule prizes are wnot worth it. they should be shut down.
 9th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
After reading all the above. I think now i wont post the winning ticket. That they said i won a holiday. But bloody cost me 10 pound for the phone call. Cheeky twats
 18th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
AFTER HAVING DONE A THOROUGH RESEARCH AND INVESTIGATION ON PURELY CREATIVE, i FOUND OUT THAT THEY HAVE PRODUCTS TO SELL AND THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET, PAY £10 OR MORE FOR THE PHONE CALL, AND YOU MAY, IF YOU ARE LUCKY, RECEIVE a book, a perfume, o toaster, but do not believe you will ever be given £5000 let alone 1 million pounds.

Please tell others, share it on facebook on twitter, on youtube,

God Bless All of You
 10th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
i purchased a fish kepers magazine today from pets at home and there was a lucky bag ticket inside, I have 3 matching symbols on the one and 2 matching on the second and at a complete loss of what to do...
 1st of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
I had a call from purely creative of my winning a holiday and perfume 2 months ago but nothing arrived at all.
 30th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have matched 3 symbols and won £1 million pounds. I set to and read the small print as my gut instinct told me it was too good to be true. Thank the Lord for others taken the time to write reviews as it has saved me paying any more to these scrum bags. It's time they were on Crime shoppers, as this has to be fraud.
One irate honest individual.
 29th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
Again, rip off. Bought some items in a local 99p shop and assistant put one of these scratch Cards in with my receipt. Of course it's a "winner" but after reading the small print, it was going to cost £10 to call or text and the smallest prize on offer is £20, so a possibility of getting a tenners worth of rubbish cos I'm bloody sure it won't be cash!!! I've looked them up here and I WONT BE WASTING MY TIME. These people should be stopped, but I suppose there is some loophole they are using to getaway with this scam.
Thanks everyone on here who have reviewed, just confirmed my gut instinct.
 31st of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
This is FRAUD. Let's report it!!! http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/node/38
 17th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
i m jeganathan (jegan) i have got 3 symbol crown and 2 symbol fish coud i win or no win, already two times i sent for u this msg no one reply pls i m looking for ur good news.note: pls send my email address :v_jegan84@yahoo.com, thx ur welcome
 24th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
What an absolute scam this competition is, not only do people as far as iIceland fall for the same scam and lose money as a result of playing but how it as a business is still allowed to be operational. There is clause in the small print that clearly states that at any time any money spent on this compo. will be refunded if the player is not entirely satisfied. FAT chance of that happening I am sure the worthless people that run this business are feeding their families with those ill gotten funds.I have taken it on my self to rummage through correspondents at the news agents that I work in to seek and destroy any of their scratch cards, which are usually placed by people that visit shops and place them in certain newspapers and magazines so as to look like a legit compo. by that particular paper or magazine. If i was to find the person that is responsible for putting the scratch card of which I was conned, I would not only physically through him out of my newsagents but I would ask management to ban him from all the stores in the country as all shop lifters and crooks are subjected too. I have also written to the head office and suggested that they change their name from PURELY CREATIVE to PURELY A SCAM. I am currently awaiting a reply as to whether that would be accepted.
 9th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
to call premium rate phone lines to claim a prize are unlawful, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) has ruled.
Calling the numbers on the cards can cost around £1.50 per minute but callers often find the prize is barely worth the cost of the call.
The ECJ has now ruled this is against European Union law.
Scratchcard company Purely Creative says this will have an "operational impact" on all prize promotions.
Premium-line scratchcards are often found in newspapers and magazine and require players to scratch off and find three winning symbols.
Winners are then asked to call a premium number and then claim their prize, which is sometimes revealed at the end of the phone call.
Now the ECJ says such practices are banned, even if the cost of claiming is minimal compared with the value of the prize or even if the company was not making any money from the phone calls and even if there is a way of getting the prize free of charge.
The ruling will apply through the European Union.
Prize 'impression'
Many of the cards are produced by a company called Purely Creative, who have been the subject of dozens of complaints, according to Melanie Abbott of BBC Radio 4's You and Yours.
These include the cost of the prize not being worth the cost of the call
 9th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
Guyted holiday voucher never came instead was fiven fabyless crap beauty discount lydia the customer care manager
Hides behind a slow soothing voice to lure people
 16th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
Complete liars dont ever fall for their scams took me a second to work out you don;t get something for nothing, wise up dudes.

Purely Creative Logo Purely Creative