logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.boxhop.com
They provided useless tracking number
2. (2 mins ago)
Plus500
Fraud-money stolen
3. (44 mins ago)
www.snowboots-buying.com
The seller didn’t provide any information – I think it’s scam
4. (45 mins ago)

Posted:    Comewithme

Scam and lies

Purely Creative
purelycreative.com
Firstly it is an obvious one (always read the small print), and one which I would not usually fall for... but, they got lucky. You scratch (which arrived in The Weekend TV guide, that arrives with a weekend news paper)the card. They tell you have won and that you must text to find out the details of what has been won and how to claim. Many texts need to be sent.It is a hefty fee for sending a few texts.The winnings just cover the cost of the texts and the stamp they request in order to send the so called winnings. It was about 2/3 months ago and I have still not received the funds.

It is a negligible sum. In oder the pursue it on the overpriced number would be throughing good money after bad and I suspect a complete waste of time and energy. The name of the compampany Purely Creative... an oxymoron. It really does not get much less creative than that.

I am not pursuing the claim but want the world to know about it (so others are alerted;at least something good can come out of it), especially as it arrives along with a respectable wrapper; the Weekend Papers.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Purely Creative complaints
Purely Creative - Scam

Comments

19th of Nov, 2009 by   BRENDANireland 0 Votes
I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE!!! pURELY CREATIVE IS ONLY A LOAD OF ME BOLLOX. BRENDAN FROM IRELAND
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   bob tucks 0 Votes
purely creative is shit i won 10, 000 pounds and i never got a letter from the company after posting my ticket to them special delivery
 27th of Dec, 2009 by   JMJF 0 Votes
Hello from Finland!

One of these scratch card came along with Linux Format. No surprise I was one of the lucky ones to claim the price. No suprise either that the fine print said it is for UK & ROI only and that I need to pay atleast £1.50/min to find out what I have won.

Our local legislation demands that if you are going to organize any kind of lottery at all participants needs to be told for free and as quickly as possible a) if they have won b) what they have won and c) what are the changes of winning. I hate bureaucracy but this time I prefer the Finnish way.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   Bet Alexander 0 Votes
Purely Creative is the biggest scam ever, cost me 30euro to find out what I won, said I won an all inclusive holiday to Turkey and still haven't received anything, and can't get through to there lines or to them online. They should not be allowed put these scratch cards in magazines and papers and I think the publishers who do let them are as much to blame... Bet Ireland
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   Az123 0 Votes
Agree with all the above, big scam, even if small amounts, adds up to big amounts fpr PC. Dont know why office of fair trading isnt on this one... PC use large reputable broadsheets to peddle their shit...

What can one do to stop others getting caught like this...

AH
 20th of Jan, 2011 by   cris2011 0 Votes
I agreed. I won 3 years ago, they kept sending me letters to my home address but asking me for more money. I finaly moved address and happy that they didn't know where. This Chrsitmas my mother bought the newspaper and won something (3 panels mach). I had to tell her it was a scam. The poor lady couldn't believe that a reputable newspaper would allow scams. Yes, they do. Please just do nomal national lottery, you can see the money immediatly when you win.
 5th of Dec, 2013 by   Minaa 0 Votes
I won 1 million pounds 3 matching symbols and of course after looking at this dodgy way of getting "claim number" I realised its a scam and I think beauty magazine should stop putting this scratch card inside because It's not fair
 27th of Jan, 2014 by   keithwesley 0 Votes
I just got one of these in a group of 3 in the Daily Mirror. I was immediately suspicious due to the fact that on the first card I got no matching symbols, on the second I got two matching symbols and on the third I got three matching symbols. This probably means that anyone getting a group of 3 scratch cards will most likely get the same combination. Very suspicious indeed!
 10th of Nov, 2014 by   Time is Precious. They have wasted mine. 0 Votes
I do not know how the people involved in doing this can sleep at night. It actually seems a complete rip off. My 17 Year old son spent nearly £10 in text. Well, he was excited to think he had won something & reality the difficulty to claim and the miniscule prizes are wnot worth it. they should be shut down.

Minicard Scam