logo

King Soopers
Abusive to Employees
4. (51 mins ago)
indian fortune teller scam
psychic scam in melbourne, beware!!
5. (1 hr 24 mins ago)
CROYDON DENTAL
The rep was rude and refused to make the appointment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Publishers Clearing House, Chicago, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Billing for items that I never received or ordered

Publishers Clearing House Contacts & Informations

Publishers Clearing House

Posted: 2012-05-02 by    msjohnson

Billing for items that I never received or ordered

Publishers Clearing House
Chicago, Illinois
I went on the Publishers Clearing House Website after seeing a commercial on television in April 2012. I decided to test my luck and enter into the PCH sweepstakes contest on or around 4/10/12. I didn’t sign up for any of their magazine advertisements or anything offered for sale (since the site clearly stated that purchasing merchandise wouldn’t increase my chances of winning). On 4/21/2012 I received a fraudulent bill statement from PCH stating that I ordered a Wireless Digital Door Bell for 19.96 on 3/25/12. The Delivery charges were supposedly 7.99 and the total balance past due is now $27.95, however I never ordered a doorbell and I didn’t enter the contest until 4/2012!

I stay in a high rise apartment unit with 24/hr security. The tenants are notified over the phone so there is no need for a doorbell. All guests and packages are authorized and documented through our 24/hr security staff. All packages must be signed and authorized through security and management before the tenants’ can even pick up a package. The Main office has no records of a package ever being delivered from or sent back to PCH. There are no records of a package ever being delivered to this address.

PCH also forwarded my phone number to numerous marketing agencies and I had no knowledge of this.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Apr, 2014 by   Rosie- S 0 Votes
I never order anything from publisher clearing house. Each time I received an email requesting payment... I responded never ordered nor received. About two weeks later two small packages were deliver to my door by my mail man. I declined receipt and he wrote won't accept order, return to vendor. Now I receive a collection notice, I call the number, emailed and called several times... All recordings. Cld not leave message. Now I write on letter of collection I didn't order or receive anything... No response. Now I am getting automated phone calls several times a day for collection of debt of 26.78 . What the hell ... How do we remedy this. Principle...

Tips for Pinching Pennies Wisely