Publishers Clearing House

Billing for items that I never received or ordered

Publishers Clearing House
Chicago, Illinois
I went on the Publishers Clearing House Website after seeing a commercial on television in April 2012. I decided to test my luck and enter into the PCH sweepstakes contest on or around 4/10/12. I didn’t sign up for any of their magazine advertisements or anything offered for sale (since the site clearly stated that purchasing merchandise wouldn’t increase my chances of winning). On 4/21/2012 I received a fraudulent bill statement from PCH stating that I ordered a Wireless Digital Door Bell for 19.96 on 3/25/12. The Delivery charges were supposedly 7.99 and the total balance past due is now $27.95, however I never ordered a doorbell and I didn’t enter the contest until 4/2012!

I stay in a high rise apartment unit with 24/hr security. The tenants are notified over the phone so there is no need for a doorbell. All guests and packages are authorized and documented through our 24/hr security staff. All packages must be signed and authorized through security and management before the tenants’ can even pick up a package. The Main office has no records of a package ever being delivered from or sent back to PCH. There are no records of a package ever being delivered to this address.

PCH also forwarded my phone number to numerous marketing agencies and I had no knowledge of this.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful?

13th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
I never order anything from publisher clearing house. Each time I received an email requesting payment... I responded never ordered nor received. About two weeks later two small packages were deliver to my door by my mail man. I declined receipt and he wrote won't accept order, return to vendor. Now I receive a collection notice, I call the number, emailed and called several times... All recordings. Cld not leave message. Now I write on letter of collection I didn't order or receive anything... No response. Now I am getting automated phone calls several times a day for collection of debt of 26.78 . What the hell ... How do we remedy this. Principle...

Publishers Clearing House Logo Publishers Clearing House