logo

SBI ATM Card
Transcation declained
3. (10 mins ago)
myticketsonline.eu
Lost money, not received tickets
4. (10 mins ago)

PROTEK CLEANER

Posted:    EDAVIS

DOESN'T WORK

PROTEK
DOOR TO DOOR SALES MEN SOLD ME A PRODUCT THAT DOESN'T WORK AS SHOWN. THEY HAVE HIGHLY CONCENTRATED SOLUTION IN THEIR DEMO BOTTLE. WHEN THEY SPRAYED THE SOLUTION DIRT WOULD SPRAY OFF THE SURFACE OF WHATEVER THEY WERE CLEANING. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY BE MIXED CORRECTLY OR EVEN WHEN DOUBLED. THE SOLUTION IS SAID TO BE NON TOXIC YET IT SAYS IF SWALLOWED TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY AND DRINK 2 GLASSES OF WATER. WHEN POURING OUT OF THE BOTTLE IT SPILLS EVERYWHERE AND EVEN AFTER WASHING MY HAND SEVERAL TIMES IT BURNS MY SKIN.
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Dec, 2010 by   Ken Crow 013 0 Votes
i have been using protek for years and you have to realize the cleaner works has hard as you do.Its not Jesus in a bottle, it works on eveything cause its not caustic or corrosive.so the next time you use it try scrubbin somthin and actually doing some work!!!
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   PRO TEK SCAM 0 Votes
hi my name is larry kelley.I answered an ad in the daily news paper for protek .they put me on a bus to chicago for my home town tennessee.i arrived chicago bus station and seems i waited forever finally someone came and picked me up.so it was evening that day the next day i started work.it was the longest day's of my life .we had a driver who would take us to neighbor hoods that were posted as none soliciting property and say ok get out.so you hve to do as they say so you knock on a door guess what this is a none soliciting naighborhood...so who come's next the police come and write you a ticket.why because protek company does not get permits in the city's they work.so when you get back to the hotel guess how much money you make a day???????????about 10dollars for going out walking all day long from 8 am till 8pm that night.their is no money in protek they say they will give you a ride home ...then try it hope you have some good walking shoe's and can live off of 10dollars a day...my advice is do not go EVER...
 4th of Mar, 2011 by   aerickson 0 Votes
I have been working for Pro Tek for over a Year. And my Fiance had been with the for nearly 10 years leaving the Car buisness. The cleaner does work its so great my mom bought 6 gallons for over 200 dollars and uses it on everything. the company is a good company, and I sell hunderds of dollars of the concentrate everday becuase it works so great. And we do get Permits. Very Rarely do we not and thats only for the simple fact that we have worked in the area for over 30 years and needing a permit is not nessary more of a waste of money. And really you are just lazy if you believe that was the longet day of your life, and you do not get 10$ a day thats a load of BS. your first two weeks everyone gets a $20 a day and $40 on saturday while your in training on learning on how to the job. you knew it was a commision based job when you answered the News Paper Add wanting a Job. Like I said i have been with the company for over a year and I have had the cops called on me maybe 2 times. the only time the cops are called is if your doing the wrong type of things like sitting on the sidewalk smoking a cig instead of working or having your hands in your pokets when you knock on a door cause you look supision. Like wearing Black clothing or just straighht up looking dirty. And when someone does get a ticket the company ALWAYS pays for it cause they feel responsible cause you were at work when it happened. And know one works from 8 to 8. everyone has a 8am meeting in the morning but you dont actually get out in a neighboorhood till after you stop at walmart, breakfast, and a gastion so most people arent actually getting to work tilll around 11am and everone stops working at 6 30 becuase its getting dark and its not safe for females like me to work in the dark. Just be honest and stop trashing the million dollar company. you were to lazy to do the job and you didnt have the personallity or excitement to do the job right. those are the only people who dont make it. The job insint for everyone. It takes a sharp outgoing smart person to do the job, if you couldnt have met those qualifications you should have never left Tennese in the first place.
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   protek-user-in-NY 0 Votes
wow... now if poster "aerickson" went back to elementary school... she could probably correct all the errors in her post... Sheeeesh is this what America has to offer in the way of minimally educated people??
As for the company, my only dealings with them were with one of their roaming sales people, (this one very well spoken and knowledgeable) and I bought the product after testing it myself. It works well when cleaning areas where a more expensive product might be used, thus saving money.
I'll re-order on line.
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   notgoingforit 0 Votes
I young guy show up at my door this afternoon selling this PRO TEK solution for $70 a gallon...I repeat $70, I was a little impressed... as I was with the last guy selling AWESOME...you have to remember when AWESOME was being sold door to door...the guys would squirt some solution in their mouth...to prove it was safe...hmmm wonder where they are now??? I know where the product Awesome is...DOLLAR TREE...sells for $1.00...Amazing...I suppose I will wait till PRO TEK shows up at the Dollar Stores and try it then...LOL
 4th of May, 2011 by   dmsomers 0 Votes
A Protek Cleaner salesman came to my door and showed me how the cleaner removed rust from my driveway. I was very impressed. I didnt have the money to buy at that time. I went online and read more about it and bookmarked it. Years later I finally ordered a bottle because I had some mess on the bricks of my home and wanted to finish cleaning my driveway of the rust. I anxiously opened my bottle to only be filled with great disappointement after using the product as directed. No go. No clean. Even at 1 to 1 ratio it would not touch the rust or clean the brick. I tried it on my back patio also and it worked miserably. I must have applied and scrubbed on my brick at least 6 times. I let it set, wiped off, applied more and more and scrubbed more and more and none of the cement or brick looked any different then before I got the stuff. Two big thumbs down! My name is David Somers I stand by this testimony. DavidSomers@aol.com
 16th of May, 2011 by   kimo0800 +1 Votes
I would suggest using the small wire brush, or the little green pad. Scotch Brite is the brand name. These door to door guy's know how to scam with these 2 tools. How do I know? I worked in that business for more than 7 years. The man I worked for is now dead, was shot to death by a boxer. But I did have fun.
 18th of May, 2011 by   LW74 -1 Votes
I just found this board while looking for coupons to use when I order my next 2 gallons. Pro-Tek is an amazing product. In brief, my kids marked brass door handles with "super permanent Sharpie" pens and nothing but Pro-Tek would get it out. We also had black marker pen on a dining room table and ink from my wife's scrapbooking room on a linen dress. We wiped the table clean with Pro-Tek and soaked the dress overnight in Pro-Tek. The gallon buckets are super-concentrated (we used about a fifth of that gallon bottle in a small bucket filled with water to save the $40 linen dress, so do the math, the product will pay for itself because no other cleaners we used would work). Now I will say this - the door salesman said it worked great on windows and stainless steel appliances but I personally found it a bit streaky. So I stuck with Windex and Weismann products for those, but as for biggies like stains in the carpet and ink on clothes - believe me, this stuff will save your clothes from ruin. One final note, we had cleaners for a while and even they were impressed with the stuff. They said they'd tried to get the brass door handles clean but couldn't. Last but not least, it does come with a money-back guarantee and I hate to say that I used it (and they let me keep the bottle) because I initially only used it on the windows and stainless steel and wasn't impressed so I asked for a refund. I got it. Now I buy it for real.
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   bsavage-69 0 Votes
I bought Pro Tek from a very convincing sales rep. I have tried alot of cleaners and I do like this one, although it does not do everything he said it would and the ratios that he tells you to use are way off. Half and half or stronger is more like it. The product does not work on windows, toilets, granite sinks or adhesives stronger than masking tape. I have found that it really does work very well on automotives projects. The product for the most part is a good cleaner, but is it worth the cost. The jury is still out on this one.
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   DeAnn F. 0 Votes
I agree with the remark about it streaking on glass and mirrors but in general I find it a very good product. It works very well on the stove and kitchen appliances (they are not stainless steel). I have some metal doors that I have scrubbed and scrubbed but nothing would take the dirty hand prints off but when I got the PRO-TEK it really worked. You still have to use a little elbow grease with the cleaner and a light scrubber but I am very pleased with it myself. Work-at-home grandma
 29th of Oct, 2012 by   momtoo 0 Votes
A sales rep stopped by my home, and kept calling me "mom". He said it in every sentence. It was weird. He talked VERY fast. I told him that I own a cleaning company, and would be interested, but wanted to look it up online first. He said I had to buy it right then and there because he wouldn't be back for another year. I saw that his pamphlet had a phone number and website, so I said I'd be happy to use his name when purchasing. He rudely took his pamphlet back and walked off before I was even done speaking.
 24th of Nov, 2012 by   JumpingPreachersKid 0 Votes
Ok people let's just stop all the madness and look at what Pro-Tek is designed to do. It is not God in a bottle. It is not the answer to every problem in the world as you seem to think it should be. It is a biodegradible, non-toxic concentrate that when mixed at 10-1 will replace your common household cleaners at a discounted price. When you buy a case of four gallons you are making those common cleaners for around .56 per 16oz bottle. Yes, sometimes the tools do assist the cleaner in doing the job you are trying to do but is that not the case with all cleaning products? If I was going to clean concrete that had a rust stain which had penetrated deeply into the concrete I would use a 1-1 solution and a steel brush. If I was going to clean windows, I would use a capful of Pro-Tek in a gallon of clean water and that would clean the windows with no streaks. I have found in my ten years with the company that I can sell Pro-Tek just on the basic common everyday cleaning challenges that are ever present in the average house. I do not have to scam, trick, mystify, bamboozle, hocus pocus, swindle, lie to or in anyway make the customer make a purchase that is less than informed and financially intelligent. So, if you have a door to door Pro-Tek rep show up at your house take five minutes and listen to what he has to say. If you buy a gallon of Pro-Tek you can save between $200-$300 depending on the uses that you bought it for. If nothing else, use it as a stain remover and save your carpeting and clothing from countless types of stains. After all, carpeting is our single biggest investment inside our homes.
As for new hires to Pro-Tek, some make it while a LARGE majority do not. We do not hire someone and then mistreat them. I was a new hire myself and I worked hard and did what I was instructed to do and I won trips to the Caribbean and travel to Hawaii and Alaska on a regular basis now that I have been a successful rep. The people that come away from this job with horror stories are the ones that show up looking like they crawled out of a garbage can, have criminal backgrounds or in some capacity cannot act normal when they are dealing with the public. I have no issue with training a person who wants to make money and sell a quality product at a quality price. Just make sure that you verify the person works for Pro-Tek and not some fly by night company. We have a website www.protekchemical.com and you can call the company and verify the person works for us.
Bottom line, there are good and bad comments to be had about every product on the market so buy a bottle or don't but don't believe everything you read on the internet unless it is from a reputable source...
 14th of Dec, 2012 by   sper 0 Votes
Little spendy but works great the ratios are little off the salesman who sold it to me was real good. A different company tried selling me a different brand and it was a African American lady that showed up at my house pounding on my door insisting i buy her product. She stated that she was pregnant i told her i couldnt afford anymore cleaner and was pleased about with the product i purchased from the first guy about a year before that which was the protek. She freaked out and called me a racist which I am not. she wouldnt leave my door step and i had to close the door in her face. I felt bad but i had plenty of protek and i had money to spend at the time i bought the protek. Maybe her product was better but i was broke and she wouldnt listen its all about being a good salesman dont beg but be convincing and if someone says they're broke beleive them and dont harass them
 10th of Jan, 2013 by   soapcrewguy 0 Votes
coming from a veteran of the door to door cleaner biz .. I was on the road for over 10 years, trained hundreds into the biz, and was a true blue power agent selling over 2k a week consistently ! I made a ton of money, and had an amazing time, but the truth is The Product (Awesome All Purpose Cleaner) is sold in every $1 store in america and is 10 times the cleaner pro tek could ever be ! When you buy this crap from a door to door sales rep you are paying for the show !! And yes it's true a salesman wont tell you that the wire brush he used on the driveway would clean the rust off with plain old water .. there are many tricks to the demonstration. It's funny now after being out of the game for many years seeing how offended the obvious pro tek salesmen above get when you question the product.. I used to get that way too lol... now I prefer to not scam people & I sleep great at night !!
 23rd of Aug, 2013 by   Winston56@aol.com 0 Votes
Well, mine is not a complaint but rather a recommendation. I bought the product to do exactly what it was intended to do. This was to replace all the cleaners I currently had( 15) THis product did a fantastic job on just about everything I used it on. The sales gal was polite ans had a business license at least in our city. We were impressed at how hard she work at it, as a young gal she made an effort as I am ware how hard door to door can be
In our case all was terrific
 23rd of Dec, 2013 by   Tennessee73 0 Votes
I was reluctant to purchase such an expensive cleaner but I did anyway after seeing a demo. I was very discouraged in the product, didn't feel like my house was "clean" & it surely didn't smell like it either. No matter how much or how little I diluted the "chemical" it streaked windows and mirrors each and EVERY time. $50 will buy alot of pinesol, windex and vinegar. Don't get sucked in and waste your money!
 18th of Jan, 2014 by   thrilled 0 Votes
I am ordering my fourth bottle of Pro-tek. The first bottle was bought from the young man at the door, then the next few were bought on-line. I can't be without it! When I have stubborn clothing stains I spray it on the stains, use a toothbrush to get in, wash the item and the stain is gone! I have helped friends and family get rid of stains in their carpet that had been there for years because nothing would get rid of them. Pro-tek made them disappear immediately. I haven't had any problems with it at all and use it daily.
 13th of Feb, 2014 by   Richard Whitt 0 Votes
So the sales person that sold me 87 dollars worth of Pro-Tek used a wire brush on everything but the rims on my wife's car including our very expensive glass top range. He said it protects and cleans as he wired away on our stove and I cringed. So following his demonstration while my wife was at the gym (and still is not home; apparently I am retarded and I might die this evening), trying to clean her stove, I used a very similar wire brush...and scratched the crap out of her stove. The cleaning ability as demonstrated by the sales rep when used by me was not nearly as good as soft scrub or glass cook top cleaner. I have to assume that it is as green as it says it is, but until I my local government makes a law banning cleaners that don't make me feel like I am removing paint from concrete, then I will continue to use other cleaners. Which could possibly be a very short time since my wife is not home yet. I also believe since I am in sales, and have been for 11 years that a lot of the positive comments on here are from company reps, friends or family members because if you believe in a product, why would you go to a website that is talking negative about it. I wouldn't, but maybe other people have more time on their hands.

What's New in Smart Phones