logo

falsely charged with theft

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Privacy Matters 123, Jackson, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Cancellation of Membership

Privacy Matters 123 Contacts & Informations

privacymatters.com
On April 9, 2008, I requested cancellation of my account and the
trial membership. Subsequently I have been charged monthly
for the membership in the amount of $19.95 plus $1.oo . I now
am requesting not only cancellation of my membership but a re-
fund of money charged me since April 9th. I figure this amounts
to a total of $62.85.

James Buchin
Comments United States Security Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Sep, 2008 by   Linda Carr 0 Votes
I wish to cancell my membership, don't know membership # Have not been able to use internet since April. Provider didn't pay his bills. Will expect a refund of $62.85 soon. Could use money to help pay for husbands funeral expenses. Will be in contact with my bank to cancel any new charges from you! Sincerely Linda Carr
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   TAMMY 0 Votes
I HAVE JUST ENDED MY SO MEMBERSHIP WITH PRIVACY MATTERS 123. THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD NOT ONCE, BUT 8 TIMES ON SEPTEMBER 23. FOR WHAT, I DO NOT KNOW.
NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAVE CANCELLED MY CREDIT CARD ALSO. THEY CHARGED ME 3 TIMES FOR $29.95 AND THEN 5 TIMES FOR $1. I KNOW THE ONE IS NOT ALOT, BUT WHEN THEY CAUSE YOUR CARD TO GO OVER THE LIMIT IT IS ALOT BELIEVE ME. SO PLEASE ANYONE OUT THERE DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR CREDIT CARD OR YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER. AND BE ADVISED WHEN YOU CANCEL, IF YOU STILL OWE THEM ANYTHING THEY WILL TRY TO GET YOU TO GIVE THEM YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER. I TOLD THAT GIRL SHE WAS NUTS. WELL GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU THAT GET CAUGHT UP IN THIS MESS TO. I AM NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET, IT JUST STARTED TODAY. OCTOBER 1, 20008. TAMMY T.
 13th of Oct, 2008 by   Mark 0 Votes
This just happened to me...I never gave them (Privacy Matters 123) my Credit Card information and they charged me anyway. I never signed up for, nor even ever heard of this company. They charged me $39.90 for nothing. WOW I did not know companies can access your banking information without your approval...I am going to check my bank statements more carefully.
 13th of Oct, 2008 by   Steven Miller 0 Votes
I want my membership cancelled as soon as possible thank u
 25th of Oct, 2008 by   Marcia Tolgen 0 Votes
I just received my letter from Privacy Matters 123 and I can't get on to check my credit score. What good is the letter if you can't get the information you paid for...

Marcia Tolgen
 27th of Oct, 2008 by   Kay Duncan 0 Votes
I am unemployed and have been since March of this year. I wanted to review my credit report so I signed up for $1.00. I got two subsequent $1.00 charges to my bank account that seemed to come monthly and I did get update messages. I was OK with everything UNTIL NOW.

On October 20, 2008 I was charged $29.95 plus $1.00; then again on October 21 I was charged $29.95 plus $1.00. This resulted in 2 overdraft charges of $36.00 each day.

I want my membership cancelled and expect a return to my account of $123.90 for fees that were neither expected, explained, or authorized. I feel that your methods are unethical and deceptive.

By the way, another good move, you left off the last digit of our phone number on the notice to the bank, so I couldn't call back directly...but noticed from other messages that calling doesn't work either. CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP and DON'T FORGET THE REIMBURSEMENT.
 11th of Nov, 2008 by   jorge ramirez 0 Votes
I never see my repor they steelig your money, I whish i'll get my money back (*v*)
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Kurt 0 Votes
This is by far one of the most unethical companies ever to exist.

Do not in any way shape or form get involved with them. I personally would avoid any affiliated sites or sites that allow them advertise on their. That includes Reunion.com and Monster.com. I never signed up for the service, they simply ENLISTED me in it and told me my card would get charged if I didn't cancel. Cancellation is a pain in the butt too. I'm hoping I was able to catch it in time before these jerks charge for something I wouldn't let THEM pay me to give me! With businesses like them allowed to operate, your credit scores are the least of your worries!

These guys are criminals and whomever in their organization authorized their business practices should be serving time!
Avoid them at all costs, other wise the cost will be EXTREME!
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   Bernard Duplessis 0 Votes
I Bernard Duplessis request cancellation of membership as of 2/9/09 . My membership number is 1d252901382; my mailing address is 32 moss drive dtafford virginia;22556.
Bernard Duplessis
 14th of Feb, 2009 by   Unhappy 0 Votes
I tried to cancel privacy matters 123 and they referred me to People finder but they referred me back to 123. I'm getting pissed. Have you ever wanted to just reach through the computer screen and choke someone? They wouldn't even let me finish what I was saying before they were rattling off their ID number and wishing me a good day. If I have to close my checking account and reopen I'm going to speak to an attorney. I'm on Medicare and they automatically take out my premiums every month so closing and opening a new account would be very complicated. Working with Social Security is almost as bad as these people. I'm also going to check with the online complaint site called "planetfeedback.com" they are very helpful. I've used them before against Lowe's and I won.
 25th of Feb, 2009 by   Roy Bennie 0 Votes
I pressed button for free credit report. It then said for 1.00 dollar you could get you credit report and scores. It s very tricky they do not tell you in till after you give them you account number and say it is ok to take one dollar from you account that it is a monthly with draw. I canceled it right than and there. I then went to my bank on line and there was two withdraws pending for one dollar, I went back to the site and tried to log on they said the account was closed. Then two days later the withdraws were gone. I though good it`s ok. But one week later on Feb 24 two withdraws for one dollar are there again. Now on Feb 25 to more pending withdraws show up for 29.95 each. Please help I do not have that much money. I cant`t pay my bills with that money gone. Thank you Roy Bennie
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   elsa gomez 0 Votes
Please cancel this acct. I never authorized this and I can get my own credit report without paying $19.95 for membership if that's what it's for. If it is not taken off my account I am contacting the better business bureau and The SHAME ON YOU PROGRAM. THE SUPPOSED ACCT # is 702949468
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   Pam 0 Votes
Privacy Matters 123 is a complete ripoff. They somehow obtain your personal account information and then begin debiting your account without your consent. How can this happen and why are they still around. I have filed a complaint with the Internet Fraud Center and with the FTC. Hope this helps. In the mean time, I will file fradulent charges with my bank.
 19th of May, 2009 by   Victim 0 Votes
Yeah, I'm the victim of fraud. There's this unauthorized transaction called privacymatters123 and I never authorized it nor do I know how to cancel it. Theft! $29.95 plus $1.00 / month for several months.
 24th of May, 2009 by   jwbrowninvestigations 0 Votes
We are conducting an Investigation in regards to the business practices and fraudulant charges allegations against this company.

If you have recieved any fraudulant or unauthorized charges to your bank account from this company, please contact our Firm at http://www.jwbrowninvestigations.com

We would like to obtain a your statement of the dates and amounts, and am compiling these to present to each respective state's Attorney General's Office.

We are not asking for any bank account numbers or credit card numbers. We just need to know who you are, the circumstances surrounding the event, and who you bank with.

Our website provides our license information, which can be verified through the Kansas Bureau of Investigation PI Verification website.

Email us at: fraudunit@jwbrowninvestigations.com

Sincerely
JW Brown Investigations
www.jwbrowninvestigations.com
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   Eileene Hildebrandt 0 Votes
I just tried to get my free credit score from privacy matters, and immediately after giving my credit card info., I was transfered to another site welcoming me to a membership with another (unrequested) company I've never heard of and certainly didn't ask for, complete with a membership #. I was kicked to this second site before I could access the free credit report, so now they have my credit card # - & from what I'm reading from other people, are capable and most likely WILL, use the card to charge me for things I don't want or need. I tried to call the 888# to cancel the Priv. Matters 1 2 3 membership, but they aren't open for cancellations till tomorrow ( funny, they're open enough to get your billing info & assign you a member # !!) .That second screen that gave me a member # for "God-knows-what" other service (THIS ONE ABSOLUTELY NOT REQUESTED OR AUTHORIZED) worries me as well, because I don't know what they'll do with my credit card either. HELP!!! Eileene K. Hildebrandt
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   wmartinez 0 Votes
my grandfather had an account with them and cancelled 3 to 5 months ago and they some how got my debit card number and keep charging me 1st time 1 dollar second time 14.95 they have his name my number and wont give me or him any information
 5th of Jul, 2009 by   TMCPEAK 0 Votes
I have just been billed $29.95 for a service I did not ask for. I have never even heared of privacy matters until it was too late. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   scart22 0 Votes
My husband got on this site for privacy matters 123 and thought it was free, however when thay asked him for a credit card # so that they could give him his information that was all they needed and I have been fighting this now for about 3 months. I have sent several messages to them about the charges they keep charging and have a cancellation number but can never get to talk to a real person. I am glad to have found this sight and now know this is thier practice and hope that someone can do something to stop this. So far I have only been charged probably less than $100.00 but don't know where its going to stop.
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   janice1956 0 Votes
Somehow or another Privacy123 got my info and started charging my account 19.95. I called and cancelled it on Sept. 2 2009 and needless to say there was a charge of 19.95 debited from my account. I then callled and they told me they had no record of the cancellation. They did say they would credit my account back We'll see.

Watch for Online Cons on Cyber Monday