Pressler And Pressler

No sense of Dignity

My Husband recently got a letter from these BASTARDS and yes I mean that to the fullest extent cause they really are worthless human beings. Originally he set up a payment plan to pay 150 dollars a month but that soon became an issue. So rather than stop paying and go back to the same cycle he made a phone call to Pressler and Pressler and spoke with a woman who never revealed her name. He proceeded to tell her that he couldn't afford the 150 dollars a month but was willing to pay 50 dollars a month. She agreed and put a note on the account. Well that note became the arguement of the next phone call I made to them, I spoke with a gentleman who was rather rude and frankly really had no idea to talk to people. He told me it was temporary and that it was only for a month and that the next month he was to resume original payment of 150. Well I told them he couldn't afford it and then he told me that my husband make X amount of money and that he should be able to. I proceeded to get nasty with him cause now he was getting out of hand. He gave me a bogus yearly figure which in turn I asked him how he got that and he told me my husband told him that last year which was bull cause we jus received a judgement letter 4 months ago. Going back and forth he told me that 50 dollars was not good enough and I said to him what would you rather have me just not pay at all and go to court or me pay you what I can. Either way you should take what I can give and not waste time in court he then kept insisting that I needed to pay that amount of 150 and I told him that it's either he takes what I can give him or take me to court, and I hung up on him. Point of this is you say you want money ok but when someone is trying to make and effort to fix a wrong they commited you shut it down and say it's not good enough. Then the debit collectors wonder why no one pays them...
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful?

21st of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I actually just got off the phone with them and had the exact same result. I offered 50 previously and that was denied, this time I offered 100 and they declined that as well. They told me they would only accept 200 a month. Really?? My debt with them is only for 1, 200!!! A hundred a month and it would be paid off in a year!!! Oh no, the guy I talked to said that if the money was to be garnished they would be able to get more than 100 dollars a month so they will just go forward with the legal proceedings. In the mean time we have been sending them $50 a month without fail. I don't understand their practices at all! Any other collection agency just wants to get the debt paid and if you are making an effort they don't push you into court!!! BUT with Pressler and Pressler they hide behind the facade that they are a law office, so how collection agencies work is of no concern of theirs. They also tried getting more info, such as weekly paycheck amount, place of employment, and other personal info!! Is this legal??!!! Something needs to be done about these people!!!

Contact Us