logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
buyforexonline.com
They didn’t provide my card
2. (3 mins ago)
Loan Detector
Unscrupulous methods
3. (6 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
4. (47 mins ago)

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Preferred Long Distance, Inc., California Complaints & Reviews - Scam

Preferred Long Distance, Inc. Contacts & Informations

Preferred Long Distance, Inc.

Posted:    ecano

Scam

Lomas Realy
California
Preferred interrupted our long distance and put themselves on
again. This is another unauthorized transaction. I then called Preferred
Long Distance about this and did see that we did cancel this account on
April 20th, 2010, but then they stated that they spoke with our company owner on May 3rd, 2010 to verify long distance again with Preferred. our company owner was not in the office that week, and The customer service representative of Preferred Long Distance stated to me that they have a "Voice Record" of speaking to our company owner so he put me on hold for 5 minutes then came back and did not have any proof. This customer service rep of Preferred stated that his supervisor will review the file and call me back later today to see if he can resolve this issue.

Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jul, 2010 by   n.t.b. 0 Votes
Since we also got scammed at our business office by Preferred Long Distance; why should we be
responsible paying $99.96 Bill. Please someone let me know how to have this removed, vanished
from our account. They have been nothing but a nightmare to our office.
 28th of Jul, 2010 by   hatescamscum 0 Votes
Our company has been called twice today by a Summer Harris with Preferred about our telephone account. She makes it sound like an existing account but we're a small company and I know all our accounts. She won't leave a message and when I did a star 69 to see where the call originated it was blocked. No legitimate company will do that. She doesn't stay on the line long enough to get the "Put us on your do not call" list. It seems that telemarketing scams are increasing, maybe because it's getting harder to get by with it over the Internet. If I had more information about the company, like a phone number, I could report them to the FCC before it gets out of control.
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   ecano 0 Votes

This company's business is selling long distance phone service.
Category: Long Distance Telephone Companies
Address: 16830 Ventura Blvd. Suite 350
Encino, CA 91436
(888) 235-2026
Web Site: http://www.preferredlongdistance.com
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   Hello Man 0 Votes
I too was scammed. They lie about saving you money. Once you cancel they threaten to send you to collections for some random amount without even sending a bill first. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!
 28th of Nov, 2010 by   Anthony206 +1 Votes
I worked for PLD for a month while i lived in Las Vegas. I had PAYCHECKS bounce so I did a little research and found out that the company has changed names several times, we were based out of Vegas but told callers we were out of Cali. It felt like a crooked company and many people we cold called were already hip to the company and very upset or even mad at the amount of calls or if they had switched the price and service. We were yelled at all the time. The pay was 10.00 an hr and completely not worth it it was the worst job i have ever had!!!
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   Insurance Agents +1 Votes
Our insurance agency was contacted by Preferred Long Distance. After they faxed the paper work six times and it had the wrong address, I looked them up on the internet. I found these complaints and cancelled with them and did not sign the paperwork.
 12th of Jan, 2011 by   ecano +1 Votes
My office receives numerous of calls from solicitors regarding better Long Distance Deals. I recommend before agreeing to Yahoo or Google Search "Said" company first.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   davidal +1 Votes
THEY DONE OUR COMPANY THE SAME WAY PLUS WE ASKED ASK OUR COMPANY TO PLACE SLAMMING PROTECTION ON OUR PHONE LINE!!!
 16th of Jun, 2011 by   peejers +1 Votes
I want to thank any and all people who take time out of their busy schedules to warn others about any scam artists out there. I like to think of myself as not very gullible and pretty hip to many scams out there, but I almost met my match today! The smooth talker was from "Preferred Long Distance" and he made it seem like he was with at&t. He said we would be saving money on our long distance by only paying a flat rate of $8.95/month for all 4 lines. Thank God I did a quick Google search on them while he was transferring me to the "3rd party verifier" and up popped several blogs about them!
THANK YOU Everyone who helped me out and I will be sure to pass on the favor in the event I am scammed by anyone...Phew! That was a close call.

Pamela
 5th of Jul, 2011 by   rustyshackelford101 0 Votes
I once roomed with a guy who was a "Preferred Long Distance" salesman and his name was Michael Morgan. He used the name Brian and Travis on the lines. This guy claimed he knew scammers and that he was contracted with AT&T for telephone lines. This said that unlimited minutes were putting people out of business, while he was ripping off people and making bills go sky rocket high. Michael Morgan also had some sort of "program" to use to scam people. Get this, he works for a former mob boss named "Carmen Zagaria" who killed 19 people. His focus was scamming people in Texas where "they had to follow FCC regulations, " which these people can be reported for infraction rates. And yes, there was a 3rd party verifier, which was stupid just so he could make a sale. This guy, Michael Morgan, has been in this scam business for 13 years. He has a hick voice, but if he uses a different name, that is him. Michael Morgan will do anything to get his way to make consumers look stupid. I've seen his business, and it's totally ridiculous!
 14th of Jul, 2011 by   slcrentonwa +1 Votes
These guys are slick! They said they were with Qwest and had a new program for small business owners. I thought they were being proactive and it made sense. WOW - what a mess!! Qwest has bent over backwards to get us back to them and rectify our billing, i.e., penalties for early termination, new connect fees, etc. Qwest customers have a Customer ID number at the end of their account number. Now that I know I'm better prepared. Good thing - the fools tried to scam us again and couldn't produce our Customer Number - felt good to slam the phone down!
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   Belleria National Franchise Corp. +1 Votes
I was a Preferred Long distance customer, I just recently moved my office and called in on Aug.18, 2011 to cancel my service. I was told to wait till the the day was was closer before I cancel. I called again on August 29, to cancel, but I received another monthly bill. I again call to find out why they sent another bill, the person from preferred was very rude and told me I never called, and that I must have called AT&T. I argued that I was positive I called the correct place, but to no avail. I then asked for a supervisor and was told the he was the supervisor . He then insisted that I pay the invoice or I would be turned in to collections.. I will proceed to turn this in to the better business bureau . Also I will never pay that last invoice.
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   Belleria National Franchise Corp. +1 Votes
I was a Preferred Long Distance customer. I recently moved my office and called in on August 18, 2011 to cancel my service. I was told to wait till the day was closer before I canceled . I call again on Aug. 29 2011 to cancel, but I received another monthly bill. I again called to find out why they sent another invoice, the person from Preferred was very rude and told me that I never called, and that I must have called AT&T. I argued that I positive I called the correct place, but to no avail. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and was told he WAS the supervisor. He then insisted that I pay the invoice or I would to turned in to a collection agency. I will proceed to turn this matter in to the Better Business Bureau. Also I will never pay that last invoice! ps I already paid the invoice for August.
 7th of Dec, 2011 by   Missouri Color Creations +1 Votes
What am I to do;(!!! Prefer long distance is doing this to my company now! I've have no business phone n AT&T can't help they took my number n disconnected my business lines. Very stress n they are very rude n very unprofessional
Please help Missouri
 11th of Jan, 2012 by   Joes Old Fashioned BBQ 0 Votes
They scammed me and then strong armed me to pay or be sent to collections. When I found out that their representatives LIED to me, I cancelled my service and returned to my normal provider.
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   Victim X 0 Votes
Email consumer-affairs@cpuc.ca.gov with the subject "Slamming Complaint." You must include the full address, number that was/almost was slammed, and your full name. You can expect a file number, and then Consumer Affairs Branch will contact Preferred Long Distance to demand an internal investigation. At this point, Consumer Affair Branch will not themselves investigate this company. Only by filing more complaints will they take note and then open an external investigation.

A couple months ago, Preferred Long Distance used an outsource employee who made blatant misrepresentations that included the following:
1. A fax had been sent a couple days prior regarding AT&T's discount for small business owners
2. They were calling on behalf of AT&T (our current service provide)
3. Due to the economy crisis AT&T was reducing our bill and removing extra charges
4. They were calling because of the FCC rule that all small business owners be contacted and made aware of this change
5. This was a nationwide switch without any contract necessary, just a quick ratification.

I almost went through with the entire verification process, but fortunately the reviews on this website when I did a google search saved me from further injury by realizing it was a ****SCAM***.

Please protect your rights and help protect other potential victims.
 4th of Sep, 2012 by   i c th 0 Votes
with all these complaints and scamms, why not the government go afther the company and close it out? The attorney general needs to do something to stop Preferred long distance from scamming people. I agreed PLD is not the company you wanted to be with. I got through verification and got switched an dmy bill skyrocking and called back but they have no idea who the lady i talked to about my rates. they denied everything when you call about something the reps gave you. be careful guys and need to stop them from ripping people off on their phone services.
 22nd of Sep, 2012 by   Jane Ricci 0 Votes
Why can't somebody shut these dirt bags down. Our office was also scammed. The $20.00 monthly long distance bill was over $200.00 the very first month. ATT was absolutely no help to us. ATT is one giant ripoff, but they are not a scam like Preferred Long distance. You would think that ATT would be big enough and mad enough to go after Preferred, since they are dragging ATT down in the mud as well.
 3rd of Oct, 2012 by   roxiecho 0 Votes
I just received a call from Preferred Long Distance at my business and fell for the scam. I asked a lot of questions and was a bit skeptical, but the trained representatives seemed confident that it would save my company a lot of money on our phone line, so I proceeded. Unfortunately I didn't get around to reading reviews until afterwards when I was left feeling uneasy after "making the switch". Glad I did, because it seems it hasn't worked out for anyone. I called back immediately to cancel the order and luckily was able to. The woman tried to convince me that "there are lots of negative reviews about every company and no one takes the time to write the good things". While that is true, there is a difference between having a few complaints and having everything online be warning you that it's a scam. She said my order has been cancelled and gave me her name, so hopefully that's the end of that. I was so embarrassed to have fallen for the scam, that I went into a private office to make the cancellation call. I don't want anyone to know I was duped! Anyway, I'd agree with the others. Steer clear.
 24th of Oct, 2012 by   slads +1 Votes
Preferred long distance is a total scam. They are not "partners" with any of the companies that they claim and will cost you money. The calls come from spoof numbers. Stay away and HANG UP THE PHONE if they call!!

Back to School Safety Tips