logo

PositionMEonline and Reeltime Media
Business in Trouble???
2. (36 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
3. (38 mins ago)
MTN
Cannot make contact with anybody at MTN
4. (1 hr 9 mins ago)
Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper
5. (1 hr 9 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLP, Norfolk, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - Debt Collection

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLP Contacts & Informations

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLP

Posted:    Melva McLalurin

Debt Collection

Portflio Recovery Associates, LLP
140 Corporate Blvd
Norfolk, Virginia
Phone: 800.772.1413 x10181
I sent the letter below to PRA. I do not know what they are collecting for back in 1991. I am an African American living in a redlined zone watching foreclosure all around me. Thank God, after two illegal foreclosure attempts by HomeSiding Lending and than Washington Mutual, I am mortgage free. I am still owed $6, 000 I paid to stop the foreclose and this money does not appear on my mortgage histories or the end of the year tax statement. Most recently, I know have a several attempts to collect debts that are not mine. I have a case worth investigation, See letter below.
December 28, 2008

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC qualityservices@portfoliorecovery.com
Disputes Department
140 Corporate Boulevard
Norfolk, VA 23502

This comes to dispute your undated mailing which I received on December 24, 2008. The two separate mailings displayed the above reference numbers.

One of the envelopes contained a letter stating I had a loan dated 10/7/1991 which I deny. The other envelop contained a dispute form with a different reference no. and no information about what was being disputed.

I request that all telephone calls stop immediately and that I receive only written and dated communications regarding this matter. The correspondence from PRA states “PRA purchased the account:6/30/2005”. I request full disclosure with all supporting documentation regarding the party that sold the alleged loan of over $8, 000 to PRA.

I request a response from PRA no later than 20 days from the date of this letter confirming that this matter has been closed.
Comments United States Law & Civil Rights
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Mar, 2009 by   Catherine Martin 0 Votes
I WOULD LIKE TO DISPUTE A CREDIT CARD ON MY CREDIT REPORT I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS CREDIT CARD AND ACCORDING TO THE DATE IT HAS BEEN A REALLY LONG TIME AGO.
 17th of Apr, 2009 by   jad 0 Votes
I too have had NUMEROUS calls about a debt that I have never had! Now I got mail stating that I owe thousands! Where do these people come up with this?
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   Crystal 0 Votes
To whom it Concern:

I am writing in regards to a letter i recieved Concerning my debt with the Company Capital One account # 5178057297581600. Currently I am unemployed due to the fact that I am a full time student and a single mother of 3. I due understand that I owe this debt but due to my circumstances I am unable to pay the debt in ful and also the amounts your recommending. I am able to $10.00 dollars per month until I am able to pay the amount off.

Again, I am sorry the inconvince this has caused Capital One and your company. Please send me information concerning this debt. Again, thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Crystal Sosa
29121 Parrish Rd.
Pueblo, CO. 81006
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   melinda baughman 0 Votes
i received a letter saying i owe you money it was over 5 years ago and i know it has been paid i would like to disput this matter i do not even live in the house that they mailed it to . i have already bought a house and my credit report had nothing on it
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   dave19633333 0 Votes
i have been paying on a bill that i dont know anything abought.55.00 amonth on a $1272.27 help me!
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   steve02 0 Votes
I have recieved a letter from Portfolio Recovery Ass.LLC. stating i owe Orchard Bank $534.81 acc.#5440455026469885 i havent owned a credit card in 15 to 20 years and the statment doesnt give purchase dates nothing.Unless they cough up facts of purchase or some means to prove i owe i am gonna look at this as a scam and will pursue legal action.
 28th of Sep, 2010 by   Dan Johnston 0 Votes
This is in regards to my Capital One Bank credit card. My work for sometime has been very very slow, and it's difficult to pay on this. I would like to know if I can send what ever I have and it will be applied to the principle not to late fees, or over the limit fees. When my work picks up I can get back on track. My account 5178052518685173. I hope to be caught up on this in the near future but at this time its been very hard on us. Let me know if you can work with me on this.
Dan Johnston
 20th of Aug, 2011 by   Disabled-Vet 0 Votes
I received calls twice from 800-772-1413.
Caller ID: TOLL FREE
Call dates:
10:12am Tue 04 AUG 2011
12:34pm Tue 09 AUG 2011
Answering machine picked up but caller left no message.
Web search using search term ("800-772-1413") on http://ixquick.com/ reveals:

800-772-1413 is on this company website:

800-772-1413 is also on this company website:

Better Business Bureau listing gives an 'A+' rating:

I encourage everyone to go to Bud Hibbs website to see the criminal nature of this 'collection agency':

Better Business Bureau seems to be a 'Pay-2-Play' operation:
/link removed/

Thanks to your site I am finding this is one more troll attempting to collect on bad debt placed into my credit history files by criminals who have stolen my personal identification. I have submitted multiple criminal police reports and copied those reports to county & state prosecutors and to the Federal Trade Commission and nothing gets done to help me recover my good name. I pray that others who are suffering this injustice meet better success than I have in restoring their good name.
 22nd of Aug, 2011 by   ExiRouS 0 Votes
total ripoff!
 21st of Apr, 2012 by   Alfred Cardella 0 Votes
I have just received a letter from PRA that I owe Capital one 3000 dollars. I have no knowledge of this nor do I ever remember having a Capital credit card. No dates or info as to what it was about... A real SCAM.! ! !
1-800-772-1413
 25th of Jul, 2012 by   Stephanie Hinton 0 Votes
Hsb card I do not own such a card. My personal has been stolen in year 2010 from storage of personal thing like my passport, birth certificate and importance paper that has been recover. I never use credit card (HSB) I ONLY USE CREDIT CARD FROM BANK ONLY, still having problems I wrist the bank because money is away being delete out of my account with my knowing or there no money in the account at all when I know I put money or check into my account. My job the same problem, now I do not have job. The bills was exceeding my check every week and you taking money from my working check (VNA) in years of 2009 - 2010. Plus had a car accident on the job in the year 2009 in the spring time. I do know of hsb card or bill, so stop calling me about someone bill which is not my bill. It mean somebody is using my single name, (you need to fingerprint that person). I NEED GET MY OWN FINIANICIAL STRAIGHT OUT ON MAKING A LIVING FOR MY SELF TO. What kind of help is this making situation woist then it is now throwing my name on bad credit.(stop scamming me for reason). Stephanie Hinton reach on 07/25/2012
 1st of Sep, 2012 by   JOHN J DEPINTO 0 Votes
I RECEIVED A LETTER STATEING I OWE A CREDITOR HSBC BANK THE AMOUNT OF 590.51. UNFORUNATELY LIKE MANY OTHER PEOPLE MY FINANCIAL SITUATION IS LOOKING GLIMM. I AM A VIETNAM VETERAN HAVE HAD JUST BE RELEASE FROM THE VA HOSPITAL. YOUR LETTER STATED A OFFER OF SEVERAL PAYMENT PLANS. CAN PORTFOLIO EXTEND THIS OFFER TO ME OR MAKE OTHER PAYMENTS PLANS A LITTLE LOWER. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW CAN ORCHARD BANK JUST CANCEL THIS AMOUNT OUT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME CONCERNING THIS SITUATION. I AM ON SSDI AND ITS HARD TO MAKE ENDS MEET, JOHN J DEPINTO SQUEAKY.53@HOTMAIL.COM
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   larry ferguson 0 Votes
to whom it may concern: my name is larry ferguson i'm writing this letter to you because you have been constantly harrassing me about an account that i have no knowledge of. this account is not and never has been my possession the reference number is as follows:479124158166547 in the amount of 14, 100.90 i have never been a client of capital one and never intend to be. what you need to do is carefully check your files and the id that the person gave you to establish this so called account and do your job, because if you continue to harass me i will resort to class a legal action against you and all others involved this better happen immediately or else .otherwise the first thing i will be sueing you for is slander and false accusations.as i stated earlier this matter better be resolved within the next ten days or else. thanking you in advance Larry Ferguson
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   rosalindagonzales 0 Votes
To whom it may concen my name is Rosa Linda Gonzales you send me a bill from southwestern bell these bill i do not owe these bill is 27 years old . I have always paid my bills do think i would let a phone bill go that long without my knowledge. Please take care of these matter right away. Thank you Mrs. Gonzales a no. 9362587516542
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   rosalindagonzales 0 Votes
To whom it may concen my is Rosa Linda Gonzales you send me a bill from southwestern bell these bill i do not owe these is 27 years old. I have always paid my phone bills on time please take care of these matter right away. thanks Mrs. Gonzales

Voter Fraud